• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Masters Tournament RP

Jakob walked over to the champions. They had been battling and it had impressed him and Gardevoir. "Hi, I'm Jakob. Which one of your want to be beaten?" Jakob asked smugly. Being the champion doesn't make you the strongest. It is just a title. "Professor of Sinnoh, nice to meet you all." Gardevoir was now unimpressed and sat down. "Gardevoir, stop being so rude to our... opponents." Gardevoir immediately stood up and started to analyse the other Pokémon.

"well all this battling is rather impressive, It makes me hyped for the tournament. You all seem like worthy contenders to my Empoleon, Say anyone up for another battle?" he said pointing to the prideful Empoleon

"Me. I am. Except maybe not Gardevoir, I'll save her for the tournament. How about Hawlucha?" Jakob said with a smile. "I mean, Gardevoir has energy ball so she would win anyway, but Hawlucha needs some practice. Lets get going though." He sent out Hawlucha who stared at the Empoleon aggresive. Hawlucha was determined to destroy its opponent.

"Professor of Sinnoh, Thats rather large talk for a man who is about to loose. I guess I should thank you though you were the one to give me my lovely empoleon here. Tell you what, since you are going to use a flying Pokemon like Hawlucha, I think it's only fair I use one too. Empoleon, sit this one out. Let's Go Togekiss!" Colby said throwing out his Togekiss ((OOC: Whats Your pokemon showdown account?))the champion smirked and looked at the cocky Professor "ready?"

"Ready and Rowan gave you the Piplup." Jakob said with a slight hint of annoyance in his voice. "I'm not that old, sheesh. Now lets get this over with." Jakob's Hawlucha strentched and performed some flips. "Still, this Pokémon is a prime specimen. It hits hard and it hits fast. Very fast. So just watch out."

(OOC: Doodlydiddle is my PS name)

"Hawlucha use Sky Attack now!" The Hawlucha chewed on its power herb, changing the attack and then it rammed in the Togekiss at full force. It returned to Jakob, ready to attack again, faster than before.

After the Long tough battle, Togekiss took multiple hits from the speedy pokemon but ultimently took it out with one Dazzling gleam "Well, hopefully this has humbled you tough guy"

"Well. I did get first choice of Pokémon so you obviously took advantage of that. Without that advantage, I would have won though. Let's agree on that." He fed his Hawlucha a Max Revive and it woke up. "You okay bud?" The Hawlucha responded with a nod, then procedded to stare jealously at the Togekiss. "Battles over. He won. Still, you fought good." Jakob said to Hawlucha. "Now get back in the Pokémon, I need to consider something..."

"Still, I doubt Your Gardevoir could beat my empoleon." The empoleon puffs out her feathers "Being Champion is just a title, but it's a title I've... We've, all earned, and I dont think anybody appreciates you spitting on all of our hard work." He returns his Togekiss "And more importantly, spitting our Pokemon's hard work."

Isaac walked over to the scene of the finishing battle. He couldn't help but back the Togekiss. It was an easy guess, and was a lot more entertaining than that Professor winning. He could see why they got Rowan to handle the new trainers. He couldn't help it, the Battle Maison was as much a performance as it was a competitive battle area. And he sensed that he wasn't necessarily good for the entertainment. He held out a hand to the trainer. "I must congratulate you on your victory. Excellent battle to watch. I'm Isaac, of the Battle Maison. And you are?" Isaac always knew if he wasn't competing in battles he'd be watching them anyway.

"Why, thank you. The name's Colby, Champion of Sinnoh."he held out his hand to greet the man. he was intrested in the man claiming to be of the battle mansion. "Im guessing you are here for the tournament like the rest of us Champions?"

"Yes. It will certainly be... interesting at the least. Not often have so many Champions been gathered at once, and not recently of course. Hopefully it stays just interesting, too many big personalities in one room is good for the attention but they do tend to clash." He suddenly stopped, and laughed. "Sorry, the Battle Maison is basically a spectator sport by now. Gotta think about entertainment and popularity, attention and money, all over victory. It's why it took me so long to truly beat it to the extent I did. It's a broken system, you have to be practically famous first to warrant any attention there."

He smiled. "Actually, I guess considering there are so many champions here that a battle should stretch out the ol' party. They haven't seen action in a while, it's not really the most exciting career."

"Yea I can relate most trainers back home don't make it past the Elite 4, And even if they do their poor pokemon are wore out and aren't much of a challenge. So as soon as I heard of a Master's Tournament out here in Kanto I hopped on Po here and we raced through the icy water of the north to be here. Last real challange I had back home was from a young boy named blue, his blastoise was able to toake down my empoleon."

"For me it's mostly that I've never really had time to stop and appreciate a good battle. And I always loved to watch them. But in the Maison it's always been rushing through the battle hoping to finish it quickly and move onto the next. Even the battles against the top trainers there, they were hard, but it was always a wipe on either side. Total victory or total annihilation." He stretched his arms up. "Maybe here I'll be able to have a hard fought battle. The secretary told me I was going up against the Hoenn champion... Arcynn I think his name was?"

Dan woke up. He took a long nap since the flight was 3 days long. He got up and checked the time. "Oh no!!!" Dan screamed. "I hope I'm not late!" He grabbed his pokeballs and rushed out the door he went to the main room of the league. Were everyone hung out and met each other. "Phew, it didn't start.." Dan said in a sigh of relief. Later.. he bumped into Red. "!" Red noticed Dan bumping. "Oh... No, I'm so sorry sir." Dan apologized. "Wait, Are you that guy that randomly appeared at the battle tree?" Red nodded. "I'm here today for this Tournement. To show everyone my true strength." He said. "Oh. Cool!" Dan replied.

After Kendall was done speaking with Arcynn and Danny, more people came. "WOW! With all these strong trainers, this tournament sounds like it's going to be awesome!" exclaimed Kendall. "You know what? I think I'll join too!"

But then Kendall thought of something, the Professor. "Wait a second! Does anyone know where I can find Professor Oak? We were going to talk about our research." asked Kendall.

Isaac stepped away from the Sinnoh Champion, and saw that the Hoenn Champion - Arcynn was it? - was asking for a battle. He was supposed to be going up against him in the first round, and he thought it wouldn't be bad to get an idea, and to warm up. He did say that he had battled twice already today, but he decided to not worry about that. "I'll take you up on that offer." He spoke smoothly. He was trying to come across as calm, he was an outsider here among a group of champions.

Dan soon heard that two trainers were going up against each other. He rushed to the action and got out his notebook to study. He rarely ever studys. But this meant a big deal. He wrote down to two trainers strategy and what to use against them. As he had a mini pc with him and got tons of Pokémon.

The Sinnoh Champion saw the young man taking notes and thought he was a really hard worker, kinda like a younger him. He walked over and introduced himself "Hello there, are you here for the tournament?" He said holding out his hand

"Yep, everyone here looks strong!" Dan replied. "I'm here to show my true strength. The only trainer I know here is Red." Dan got up after he took the notes. "Since the tournement didn't start yet. You wanna battle?" Dan asked. Hoping he would say yes.

"Yep, Champion of Alola!" Dan cheered as he walked out to the other side of the battlefield. "Alright! Let's get this show on the road!" Dan grabbed a pokeball out of his bag. "Let's do this!"

(Ok now we battle)

Colby's final partner, Roserade, dropped at the hands of mega Charizard. Disapointment was his only visable expression. "Thanks guys, nice try..." he said sliding his pokeball into his bag. he looks up at Dan "Good Job kid, your the first to beat me in a looooooong time." Empoleon ruffled her feathers