• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Magical Journey

Here is the link to the RP.
https://pokecharms.com/threads/magical-kanto-journey.22097/

In the world of pokemon, psychics are present in the regions and no one really knows why. Though other magic users are not really in the cards. What if there was an event that caused magic to be more used by normal everyday people. In this RP you will be a trainer who had just started out on their journey, and through an event, they now have access to magic that most would be considered something only a certain few could use.

This is going to be a Alternate Universe type of journey. There is magic all around that your character learns that there is a secret world that they never knew about. When word spreads that there is a new group of magical trainers, this secret group sends someone to help guide and train this new group of witches.

Rules-​
  1. Please be kind to others. Though you may play a bully type character, that does not mean that you should be mean outside of the RP.
  2. You are a new trainer, so no more then one or two pokemon at the start.
  3. No Mega/legendary pokemon allowed. Even if they are approved by the mods, this RP is about new trainers and their struggle with their new abilities.
  4. Your character's are not the only main characters. This means that no one should try and upstage others so their chacater is the only one dealing with anything.
  5. With this new universe, your characters can be anything. If you want to play a cat like race then go for it.
  6. Magic will be learned though the guide, and so your character may not have knowledge of it beforehand.
  7. If you have read the rules, please put your favorite character in the bio somewhere.
  8. Crushes are allowed, but do not go overboard.
Name:
Personality:
Physical Appearance:
Clothing:
Role: (Researcher, Breeder, Trainer, Coordinator, etc...)
Pokemon:
Feel free to add more if you need to as this bio can be as detailed as you want it to be. I will have my character up in a bit as I am still working on them.

I am tagging a few people who might want to join in this RP.
@Hecotoro, @Foxex, @ThePlayfulFox, @RenzFlintrock, @EeviumZ, @Clunpsy, @GQuasch, @JayBird Joe

Last edited:
Oh my, a good portion of my RPs died (I think) and I'm willing to give this a shot. One, my I please reserve a spot, and two what magical abilities are acceptable?
Magical abilities are linked to emotions so when characters who are not in control of their magic, can cause things to happen. Like someone with telekinesis can move things with a flick of their hand. I do not want powers to be too op as you will have the chance to gain a power boost as the RP comes along. Think of things that would normally be in line with pokemon moves and such, there will be spells that your characters have to learn, but there will be spell books. The main thing is that anything within reason can be used.

I think she was the first one you saw from me XD.
Name: Sera Pine
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Sera is a very eager junior researcher that focuses on the realm of shiny Pokemon. She is pretty energetic, though this energy is died down some by her constantly thinking mind. She is also very self-conscious and has very fragile emotions.
Physical Appearance: Sera has medium length dark brown hair that is in a ponytail at just about all times and dark green eyes that seem to reflect her emotions to surface level. She is Caucasian and stand to about 5'4 feet and has a slender build.
Clothing: The young researcher wears a light blue shirt covered by a white short lab coat. On top of her shirt rests a necklace with a four-pointed yellow star pendent. She wears light blue jeans and has black sneakers. Over her shoulder rests a strap that holds up her large, Wren-brown messenger bag.
Role: Researcher
Pokemon: Shinx (Male, Sparky)

@ThePlayfulFox, Accepted. I am glad to see that she is making a comeback as I really enjoyed the way she was writen from you.

@Hecotoro, with powers, they will not show up in the first post as your characters will not have them from the start. Powers will be simple at first and then grow. Say your character gains the power to move objects, well it will be very uncontrollable with very high emotions. Which will happen because of finding out about the powers that they have, and the normal reaction would be to freak out about it.

Name: Charlie Rivera
Personality: Charlie is pretty self-centered when it comes to his research, though otherwise he's fairly cordial and enjoys the company of others. He enjoys battling as a casual hobby outside of his research, though a lot of his research is about how Pokemon are capable of battle, so really it just funnels back into his work.
Physical Appearance: Charlie is Caucasian, has cloudy green eyes and messy black hair that drops to just below his ears. He's 5'10 and fairly average in terms of body muscle, he also has a crooked nose due to an accident he had when he was younger.
Clothing: On his head, Charlie wears a khaki straw hat and blue/purple sunglasses that look a little too big for his face. He wears a yellow T-shirt with white silhouettes in the shape of pineapples dotted all over it and his pants are khaki-colored chinos, with brown sneakers for shoes.
Role: Trainer/Researcher
Pokemon: Alolan Sandshrew (Male), Mareanie (Female)

Last edited:
I'd also like to reserve a spot for this RP as well. I'll make my bio soon but wanted to call out for a spot in advance.

Edit:
Name: Tony Mercer
Personality: Despite his gloomy appearance and stoic expression, Tony is surprisingly kinder than one would expect, never afraid to ask if anyone needs help and is no stranger to smiling despite how rarely he shows his emotions. He loves Pokemon with a strong passion and wouldn't hesitate to help them out if needed, this love is strong enough for him to loathe trainers who mistreat their Pokemon or simply see them as tools... this however isn't as strong as his hatred for losing as he views it as humiliation rather than a 'lesson' an is known to be rather cruel when angry. The most likely time someone will see Tony smile is during a heated Pokemon battle. Some people say Tony used to be a much more cheerful person in the past, but 'something' in his past changed him forever.
Physical Appearance: At first glace, Tony looks like a Gothic type of person with his extremely Pale skin regardless of how often he goes outdoors along with extremely dark Blond short, somewhat messy hair and almost foggy ocean Blue eyes. His body figure looks slim with a decent amount of fitness, although no sign of any muscle of any kind standing at 5'11".
Clothing: His attire consists of a White t shirt underneath an ankle long jet black hooded coat, dark Gray baggy pants and Black trainers.
Role: Trainer
Pokemon: Zorua (F)

Last edited:
Name: Amethyst (Amy) Dupeble
Personality: Amethyst is a quiet girl. She loves to read, draw, and hang out with friends who she feels she can be open with. She dislikes places with lots of noise, and has claustrophobia. (I really need to flesh out personality more, but I’m out of time to work on this... so I will just develop it in-RP)
Appearance: Amethyst is a little on the small side. She has blonde hair that reaches just past her shoulders, and it is pretty difficult to keep tamed. She has blue eyes, and pale skin. Her wardrobe varies, but she usually leans towards softer colors, often pastel pinks, purples and blues. She always goes for what she thinks is pretty, and doesn’t care much about functionality.
Role: Performer
Pokémon:
Fenniken, Ren, (M)
Egg (Bergmite)

Last edited:
Alright, here's mine (finally)

Name: Enya Blake
Personality: Quite introverted, Enya prefers spending time with people she knows. She seems ignorant and blunt at first, not really paying attention to who is speaking to her or what they are doing, but deep down she is a kind and nice girl who has no problems with showing her emotions to others.
Physical Appearance: She has olive skin and pale green eyes, with long, straight dark brown hair. She has a light feminine build and stands at 4'11 and weighs 112 lbs.
Clothing: She wears a light red short sleeved t-shirt loosely tucked into a pair of blue denim shorts. She wears small white socks and black shoes. A tan ankle bracelet with red beads is tied around her right ankle,and a white bag sits upon her shoulders.
Role: Trainer
Pokemon: Eevee (Female), Torchic (Male)

(Sorry if it's not very detailed, I didn't have a lot of time)

Here is the person who will be guiding the new trainers. @Hecotoro, here is an example of powers that people can have. Remember that powers are tied to emotions, so when your character is not doing well emotionally, then they will not have much control over their powers until after they have learned more.
Name: Willow Cromwell
Personality: Willow is very kind and tends to be very motherly towards younger people. She is very spirited and will do what she can prove her point. When faced with a group of people who are there to make trouble, she is the first to front lines.
Physical Appearance: Willow has very long hair that reaches almost to the floor when not pulled up into a bun. Though she may be a bit older, she has this air of someone who is very much in control of herself. Her face is wrinkled with age, and her skin has a nice tan to it. She is a bit on the heavier side. She has a very welcoming smile.
Clothing: Willow tends to wear a long dress that has a soft floral design to it. It is white in color. Willow tends to wear a large open sweater over top that is long comes to about her knee. Though she does tend to go barefooted most of the time.
Role: Shop owner
Power: Willow has the power to heal others. She is very intuned with the emotions of others and sense what they feel to help them deal with new and unexpected things.
Pokemon: Hatterene
Here is my new trainer.
Name: Jessie Thornheart
Personality: Jessie is a very caring person. She loves to be around her pokemon and tends to care for them as best as she can. She tends to have more outgoing personality and loves to play with her Growlithe.
Physical Appearance: Jessie is a very small girl for her age. Though that does mean she is weak, as she has a toned build. Her skin tans very well. Her hair comes to her shoulder in soft waves. She will sometimes pull her up into half updo. The color of her hair is a very light blond color, with slightly darker roots. Her eyes are very bright green that go well with her skin tone.
Clothing: For clothing she wears very comfortable clothing. Her main outfit consists of a black tank top, dark olive green skinny jeans, and a pair of black hiking boots. She tends to wear a dark green flannel around her waist when it is hot, and when it is cold he wears it with a leather jacket.
Role: Trainer and Coordinator.
Pokemon:
Species: Growlithe
Nickname: None
Appearance: He wears a green callor that has an everstone attached to it.

Species: Dreepy
Nickname: Spirit