• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon:Lux et Tenebrae (Light and Darkness)

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Shoot. This would be much easier to parry if she'd reveal her main weapon early, but she didn't want to go for that yet. Eve had already popped out of the ground and she didn't want to risk making the field too much more unstable.
"Counter with Iron Tail!" Allie called, hoping that Eve would know what she meant.
Eve leapt into the air, directly into the path of the oncoming pink orb. With a swift movement, she slashed the orb in half with her tail, but was damaged by the residual energy. She winced slightly as she slammed into the ground, having not planned her landing properly.
"You've got this, Eve! Quick Attack!"
Eve cloaked herself in a white energy, and suddenly zigzagged around the field, before lunging towards Gardevoir.

Billie finally got his head back into the game. "Vivi! Thunderport!" One of Billies strategies was to mix the names of moves together, to leave less room for a counter.

For the first time a soft smile touched the Gardevoir's face, as she quickly vanished from the front of the charging Eevee. Reappearing behind her, the Gardevoir's arm lit up with a glowing electric current, that it channeled into a devastating thunder punch aimed at the back of Eve's head.

Furia glared at the Jolteon. She didn't like his express but she didn't usually get along with others. She followed her trainer as they stood by Lauren. Ron crossed his arms and watched the battle. "No problem." He replied to Lauren. "Are you going to register?" He sighed. "If you want help training, we can help with that. I'm not the best but we know a thing or two."

Furia sat down and looked at the Sylveon. "Do you not battle?"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve managed to narrowly dodge the charged blow, though the electricity around the Gardevoir's hand did manage to give her a small shock - causing her to visibly bite back pain. She took a few seconds to recover, before growling a Pokespeak-curse under her breath.

However, without Allie's command, the Evolution Pokemon took advantage of the close-contact move that had just been used. She suddenly whipped around and lunged forward, her jaws cloaked in a dark aura. (Bite)

Allie was visibly put off by Eve using a move without a command, but not surprised. Eve tended to do that when she felt her trainer was too slow.

Billie gave Allie a knowing grin which quickly contorted into a fearful grimace.

Vivi lept back as Eve's bite nailed her in the face. The Gardevoir's right eye now shut as she clenched her teeth, and prepared a point blank Moon blast.

"No! Vivi wait! Billie shouted to no avail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lauren smiled at Ron. "Definitely better than me." She remarked jokingly "I'll have to take you up on that." She then added sincerely.

"Not really." Amber mewed sleepily at Furia. Her eyes remained closed. She seemed to had lost most of her energy from earlier.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The blow dealt a large amount of damage to the Eevee, sending her skidding backwards. She was clearly injured, but nonetheless got up anyway. Eve wouldn't stop until she fainted.

Allie was slightly reluctant to give another command, seeing Eve's condition, but Eve was already glaring at her, waiting for a command.
"Eve - Iron Tail."
Unfortunately, Eve decided that wasn't good enough for her. Instead of using Iron Tail, she suddenly stamped her paw on the ground. Instantaneously, towering ice spikes began to emerge from the ground, all aiming to hit the Gardevoir. (Freezy Frost)

Allie tried to hide her shock and slight horror. Eve wasn't supposed to show anyone her special moves yet! What if there were Pokemon hunters watching? They were right out in the open!

"Wha...?" Billie mumbled as the Eevee revealed its true powers.

Vivi, having not expected the move took it in it's full, being sent flying back. The Gardevoir landed hard on all fours before atempting to get back on its feet.

"That's enough Vivi!" Billie called, before ducking a moonblast aimed at his head.

"I can do this!" Vivi snarled at her trainer before unceremoniously getting forced inside her pokeball.

"Trust me, no you can't." Billie sighed before turning back to Allie. "Well, that escalated quickly!" He said with a laugh, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The young trainer was visibly shaken as she called Eve off, who looked rather exhausted from having used the powerful move. She gave a somewhat awkward smile.
"I'm - sorry about that. Eve's a lot more experienced than I am and she tends to get impatient when she thinks I'm not giving her the right commands." She then spoke again. "She wasn't supposed to use a move like that. We've had - bad experiences using it in public." She laughed awkwardly. "Well, hope no one else was watching!"

Lauren nodded in agreement. Giving Ron a small smile, she made her way towards the office.

Amber stretched much the same way a cat would before giving Furia it look of bewilderment

"Why would anyone want to do that? My trailer never hurt anyone!"
She cried, clearly missing the point.

As they entered the office, they would notice a very large bare-chested man. This fellow had a very well tone physique and look to have gotten lost on his way to the beach. He wore a bathing suit blue and white marble pattern on it, a pair of matching sandals, and a seashell necklace. His deep blue eyes looked out sleepily, from behind a curtain of dark navy hair.

Beside the man was a Carracosta, with an alert expression, but a relaxed posture. The two of them watched the battle between Allie and Billie, before making their way towards the duo.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billie chuckled. "Sounds like a Pokemon I know!" He said referencing his Gardevoir. "S'cool though! I don't think anyone was watching."

He said as the large man and his Carracosta came up behind him. The man loudly clearing his throat. "Oh...Hey Bruce!" Billie greeted the Cannonport City Gym Leader.

"It's good to see you've found a kindred spirit!" Bruce said happily, giving Billie a genuine smile, that his Carracosta mirrored. "And who would this spirit be?"

He then asked Allie, offering a hand.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie seemed to have recovered quickly, shaking off her nerves. "I'm Allie. This is Eve." She returned the handshake, smiling.
Eve gave a rather flimsy wave, seeing as she could barely lift her paw that far. She was still injured - that Moonblast had really hurt - but not enough to prevent her from being social.
"We just finished battling! Eve got a bit out of hand-" Eve scoffed something in Pokespeak, clearly thinking otherwise " -but it was really fun!"

Stacy watched the battle, silently rooting for her friend. When Allie won, a huge grin appeared on the shy girl's face. She didn't fully understand what sort of move Eve used, but she was happy for Allie. She kept quiet though, she didn't like talking to strangers. Or people she just met. She sighed before seeing the new person who apparently knew Allie's opponent. Barnard was already hiding, and Stacy knew why. To him, this was confertatuon overload. Too many new people in a short period of time. Stacy was feeling it as well, so she reverted back to her memorized lines for talking to people.

Storm looked to Ron, he had a bit of a playful smirk on his face. It seemed that he was about to say something that was a bit out there. "So it looks like the rockstar knows how to do more then just be in a band." This was said loudly towards him, as Storm wanted to see the reaction that he would get. The singer seemed to be someone who liked to see the reactions of others.

Lauren rolled her eyes slightly storms remark but her smile said that it amused her.

Meanwhile Amber decided to get a second opinion from Blake's Jolteon, prancing over to the electric eeveelution she asked. "Why someone want to offend our trainers?"

The electric type turned towards her arching a brow quizzically. "Must be looking to get zapped." He said bluntly.

Blake meanwhile, reminisced on the time he and his brother battled Bruce. Absent-mindedly he reached down to pet his Jolteon but wound up petting Amber instead not that she was complaining, the Sylveon purring loudly. While Zapp struggled to hold back laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It is a pleasure to meet you Allie!" bruce said sincerely. "I take it the rest of your battle is on hold then?" He added, turning to Billie

Billie shared a knowing smirk with the Cannonport gym leader. "Pretty much yeah. I'm game for a rematch later if you are!" He told Allie.

Turning his head, Bruce noticed Stacy hanging by the groups edge and greeted her in kind. "Ah yes you're from Cannonport city too. Starley Right?" Bruce asked her, clearly remembering names wasn't his strong suit

"What can I say, I'm a man of many wonders." Ron replied with a confident smirk on his face. He placed his hands behind his head. "I can also make really good tacos." He looked down at his Quilava. "Right Furia?"

The Quilava looked up and smirked, for a second and then turned her attention to the door, like if keeping watch of who came in.

"Alright let's register!" Ron said with a sigh as he walked towards the registration desk. He took out his wallet as he arrived, taking out his ID.

Stacy was stunned for a second before she recovered. A small amount of improving was needed for the Starly remark. Well, because of that. But she doubted it would start a conversation. She sighed as she heard Barnard flap into the tree above her. "No, I'm Stacy. Starly is the name of a normal-flying Pokemon of the first stage of a three-stage evolution. They are commonly found early on in a trainer's journey and are native to the Sinnoh region." She reached down into her bag and pulled out a book to make herself look busy.

Eri and Doka's eyes widened in amazement at the powerful move the small Eevee unleashed. Eri had frozen in her place, while Doka tried to copy the Eevee's motions to unleash the move. "It'd be so much easier to find jobs if I knew a cool move like that! Eri and me would probably become worldwide sensations overnight!" Doka imagined a life where she and Eri weren't struggling to find work. After unsuccessfully trying to use the move, Doka got an idea. "Maybe that Eevee could teach me!" And with that, Doka ran off to the group of trainers surrounding the Eevee, leaving Eri behind. Eri was still in shock, so she didn't notice Doka run off.

Within the streets of Tietokone City, one boy stood out among the many people who walked by, namely Tony who's long black coat and stoic expressions clearly shone through the casual wear and neutral expressions everyone else seemed to have. Tony kept his hands in his pockets and he made his way out of the crowd and over towards the League Registration building, once the area wasn't as crowded, he got out a Poke ball and let it open to reveal a bright light which soon took the shape of a small black fox who stretched and looked up at Tony. "C'mon Zorua, we're almost there." Tony said as he walked through the door while Zorua followed close behind. Once he stepped inside, he noticed someone else was already busy with their own registration and decided to wait behind them, Zorua on the other hand looked around curiously.

"I'll be right there!" lauren called to Ron and Storm, before turning back to Blake. "First I kinda need my Sylveon back." the girl awkwardly addressed Him.

"Huh?" Blake finally looked down to notice Amber. "Oh shoot I'm so sorry!" he laughed, reaching up to rub the back of his neck. His laughter was shared by his Jolteon.

Amber meanwhile, gave Lauren a disappointed look. "Aww, you're no fun." She grumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruce was quiet for a few moments after Stacy corrected him on her name. The gym leader seem to be reaching deep into his mind. Finally it clicked. "Stacy! Right!" He laughed. "So, were you planning on joining the league?" He asked the two girls.

"I think Allie was going to." Lauren said approaching them from the office.

"Radical! It'll be great to see some fresh faces over at the Cannonport Gym."

"If you guys are registering, then be sure to stop by the gift shop." Billie said helpfully. "My family has all kinds of useful stuff for visitors!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About an hour later, everyone in the group who was going to register had registered, and and we're all now standing in the gift shop attached to the office. The registration office has been built into the back of the Baudelaire's estate. The Baudelaire's being one of the founding families of the Omnia region, had a lot of money to throw around.

The gift shop itself, had a very homely feeling. The dark wood walls were decorated with ornamental burgundy and gold wallpaper, that was contrasted by warm golden lamp light. Attached to one of the walls was a desk, with an ancient by Omnia standards cash register, and a less ancient, but still very old TV.

Next to the desk was an old rocking chair, with a small table. Two more chairs were across from the desk with a cozy ottoman set in between. The chairs contrasted with the rest of the room being a darker green color. Through the middle of the room, several ceiling-high shelves contained numerous trinkets, tourist guides, a few rare snacks and candies, as well as a few books with info about the region, and its history.

Billie, and Blake quickly split from the group to inform their grandmother who owned the shop, that they had guests, while telling the group to wait a couple of minutes.

Amber Tate quickly made herself at home, climbing into the rocking chair, while Lauren looked on. The girl idly poking through some of the trinkets on one of the shelves.

"well this isn't what I expected, but I think I like it." She sighed to no one in particular.

Ron stood by the entrance. He looked around with his arms crossed and leaned against the wall. He was not a person to be buying things, especially not souvenirs. This is not what he had in mind when starting a league challenge. But in the other hand, maybe the company would make things interesting, worst case scenario he would just leave.

Furia seemed as annoyed as her trainer. She sat by the entrance also, just staring blankly ahead, not seeming to care about the world around her.