• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon:Lux et Tenebrae (Light and Darkness)

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie laughed slightly. "I've never enjoyed tour guides either. They don't even point out the interesting stuff! They just tell you about stuff... for hours. No thank you!"
Eve remained on the girl's shoulder, raising her paw, clearly agreeing.
Allie fumbled with her backpack for a moment, before pulling out a map of the city. She showed it to Stacy, looking down at it. "I picked this up before I got on the boat. It could be useful, there's a bunch of different points of interest marked down on it. Any ideas on where we should go?"

Stacy got a good look at the map, smiling a bit. "Knew they had museums here," she said louder than usual and grinned from ear to ear. "To the museum, of course. Where else? The amusement park. Those have extremely long lines and it's a hassle to go through. Now the museum is quiet and relaxing." She looked at Allie and closed her eyes for a bit, her smile remaining. "Don't you agree?" She reentered her normal position and sighed as she waited for Barnard to wake up.

Well today got off to a decent start. Lauren thought as she walked with Ron and Storm down the street, and trying to remain positive. After all these guys seemed friendly enough, and Ron was also looking to participate in the league. What could possibly go wrong?
of course with that train of thought, murphy's Law just had to jump in as Amber Tate booked it down the street.

The Sylveon stopped in front of two trainers. Both were girls, and both were looking over a map. Seriously? Lauren muttered before turning to her two companions. "I'm really going to have to invest in a leash for that Pokemon." She said in a way that was hard to tell if she was joking or not, Lauren then began heading down the road to catch Amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amber Tate wandered up to the two girls, her eyes sparkling with Wonder. On one of the girl's shoulders was an Eevee. "Oh my gosh is that really what I used to look like? Daddy was right I was gorgeous back then."

The Sylveon drifted into her own thoughts thinking back to the good time she had with Lauren's father back in Kanto. So caught up in the moment was she she hadn't realized she spoke aloud.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve was the first to notice the Sylveon. Eagerly, she jumped off the young trainer's shoulder, greeting the fairy-type Eeveelution joyfully.
<HiiiI! You're a Sylveon, right? That's awesome!>
Allie noticed Eve jump off her shoulder, and glanced down to see why. She then saw the Evolution Pokemon with a Sylveon.
"Oh, wow! I've never seen a Sylveon in person before!"

"You know Ron. I am sorry for my behaviour back there. It is just I like to make my own way in the world, and it bothers me when people just want to pay for things like that. I know I probably should not have gotten mad like I did, but I will say that I am sorry for it." With that Storm stopped talking and walked after the Sylveon. It seemed that he kept up a good pace behind her as he made it a couple of feet behind Amber Tate and the two girls that she bothered.

Frost rolled her eyes when the sylveon ran ahead. The fairy was surely one that could not sit still for long. She hoped that she would not be like that through the whole time that they travelled together, as it would get very annoying.

Lauren finally caught up to Amber, she smiled at Storm and then the two girls. "Sylveons are really pretty, but I don't know if they're all as hyperactive as this one." She said with a small blush. It seemed Amber was feeling nostalgic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As if to prove Lauren's point. Amber let out a girlish squeal, and if Eve permitted, would scoop the Eevee up with her ribbons into a tight hug.

"Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh! You're so small, fluffy and cute I just want to squeeze you! The Sylveon cried, as she went from 0 to 10 in an instant.

Ron caught up to the group. He didn't have nothing to really say, he just stood there with his arms crossed. His mind was focused on trying to figure out what the heck Storm was talking about. He wasn't even sure why he was with this group. Oh well, it was better then drinking alone.

Furia sat patiently next to Ron. She just watched the odd scene unfold in front of her.

When people came and interrupted Allie's and her planning, Stacy fell silent. She, quite simply, didn't know them. Ignoring them was probably the best option. That way they didn't talk to her. She hated it when strangers talked to her unless they skipped the small talk. But it was rare when they did that. Or when they did it was mostly drama. She also hated drama. She had her mind drift over to her scripted responses as she noted within her mind that Barnard was still asleep.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve was visibly annoyed by the Sylveon now, but didn't resist anyway. She'd gotten this treatment many times and was more than used to it by now.
"Looks like Eve isn't very happy," Allie chuckled. She then turned to Stacy, who looked much more distant than before.
"Hey, are you okay?" she asked, a note of concern in her voice.

Lauren knelt down beside Amber and gently encouraged the Sylveon to release the Eevee. She then stood and offered the Eevee's trainer an embarrassed grin. "I'm so sorry about that. Amber can be a little hyper when meeting new pokemon." Lauren said sincerely. "I'm Lauren by the way! you?" She asked, politely offering a hand.

Amber Tate, at her trainers touch reluctantly released Eve from the vice like grip of her ribbons. "Sorry!" The Sylveon giggled. "it's just that you're so adorable, and I used to be an Eevee, and Omigosh! Omigosh! Omigosh! This is so cool!" she began to quite literally bounce around the smaller pokemon.

Last edited:
"Not unless you evolve into a very ugly pokemon. Ir gets old to have to deal with all of the cuddling. This one here thought I was made of ice cream." With that Frost pointed to Amber Tate. She had a bit of smirk that went with her eye roll. Ahe may be a cute pokemon, but hated to be fawned over.

Storm looked towards the girls that had the unfortunate timing to run into Amber Tate. "You know they have those leashes that has a vest you can put on pokemon like Amber here. They have a little backpack and everything. It might save you a bit of trouble in the future when she decides to run away again."

Ron yawned as he stood by the group with his hands in his pockets. He wasn't really sure what was going on, they just seemed to have started talking to strangers for some reason. He looked down at his Quilava, who had sat down next to him. "Hey Furia, wanna go ahead? I don't think there is much I can apport to a conversation with only girls involved."

Furia looked up at her trainer and yawned. Her way of saying she didn't really care. Ron smiled and cleared his throat. "We're gonna go ahead." He said and began to walk down the street with Furia following behind.

Eri's first mission when she got to the Omnia region was to kickstart her career. She was in an area with a bunch of restaurants and bars, and was going to each one to ask the managers if they wanted her to preform at their bar. It wasn't the most ideal crowd for her cheerful pop music, but she needed to get her name out there.

Her last stop was a wing place. She went up to the hostess and asked to speak to the manager, and when the manager came up she gave him her business card."

"The name's Eri Karan, and if you ever need someone to preform here, give me a call. I'm aiming to be the number one pop star in the entire world!" Eri exclaimed, using dramatic hand motions to emphasize her point.

"Yeah, Miss Eri's the best! You won't regret it" Doka chimed in.

"Uhh... thanks I'll think about it..." The manager seemed confused, but remained polite.

Eri left the restaurant with a somber look on her face. "That didn't go too well, huh Doka." She muttered.

"Don't worry! We'll get 'em next time" Doka excitedly reassured her trainer. Doka looked around the area, hoping to find something to cheer Eri up. She noticed a group of trainers and there Pokemon. Doka jumped off Eri's shoulder and awkwardly hopped over.

"Doka, wait for me!" Eri yelled chasing after Doka. Before she knew it she was right by the trainers, and Doka had gone up and started bothering one trainer's Vulpix.

"Hi! My name's Doka, what's your's? Where are you from? Are there any cute boys on your team?" Doka excitedly asked a million questions to the unsuspecting Vulpix.

Eri sighed and looked up at the trainer. "Sorry about that, Doka here can get quite excited when she meets new Pokemon."

"It's nice to meet you too!" Lauren said smiling sincerely. "It's no trouble. I don't think she could be any more of a handful than Amber here!" The girl said in regards to Eve. "Also Eve is a really cute name for an Eevee."

Lauren then turned and addressed Storm. "I may have to try that, It gets old having to chase her down." she said with a blush in regards to Amber.

As if to reinforce the girls words, the Sylveon began to run down the street towards a couple of young trainers. Lurching forward, Lauren barely managed to stop her, wrapping her arms around the Eeveelution's chest. "Oh no you don't! Not again!"

~~~~~

"Aww! Why not?" Amber protested, her eyes not leaving the two trainers. At their sides was a Jolteon and a Gardevoir. The Jolteon in particular having caught Amber's eye. "Hey there handsome!" the Sylveon called out to her fellow eeveelution. The Jolteon giving a quick wink in response, well the Gardevoir simply rolled it's eyes.

"Come on Zapp! We don't want to miss this!" the Jolteon's trainer Blake said. He was dressed in a black shirt, bright orange pants, and an electric yellow beanie hat that almost blended into his hair.

"Yeah! I heard this guy is a shoe-in for Champion!" The Gardevoir's Trainer Billie said. He words dressed in a matching shirt and shorts, that had a pastel camo pattern on them, brown hair and a pair of glasses.

The BB Bros as they were endearingly known, were famous for proclaiming that they would be the next Champions of the Omnia League. While they completed the gym challenge, both were eliminated in the first round of the tournament. The brothers never tried to compete again after that. Generally preferring to stay on the sidelines and cheer for their favorite competitors.

"Oh please Billie! How many times have we heard that one before?"

"you never know Blake he could be the one!"

"Well only one way to find out!"

And with that the two trainers made their way towards the nearby Courtyard just outside of the registration office for the Omnia League.

~~~~~

Lauren blinked, before taking a quick look at her map, and then facepalming. "Shoot! I was looking for the league registration, and It's been right in front of my face." She sighed, clearly not happy. "I guess we should head over there?" she asked no one in particular.

Ron walked ahead with his hands behind his back. Furia walked along, with a neutral expression on her face, unlike her trainer, who had a slight smile. The, no longer hanged over, trainer was about to reach the registration office, when he noticed two certain trainers. Their faces looked familiar, but he couldn't figure out from where. Although that was a common thing for Ron. Unlike him though, Furia found herself looking towards the two trainers with a determined look. The fire on her head and back lit up, catching Ron's attention.
"Really? Well I guess it wouldn't be bad to get some exercise after the big meal." Ron waved at the trainers. "Yo! Any of you two up for a battle?"

"Finally!" Furia looked at the other two Pokemon. "I've been wanting to get some battling done."

"Huh?" Blake blinked as he turned his head to look at Ron. "Oh sure! Just give me a moment." He said, before looking back towards the center of the courtyard just as a large fiery blast died out. The last embers clearing as an older man who was slightly balding, and dressed in a red shirt and khaki shorts, rushed forward and dropped to his knees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"NO! ROSEBUD!" He shouted, as he cradled a bellossom in his arms. The pokemon acknowledged him weakly before fainting.

"Well! It looks like she got burnt!" Heinrich laughed, as Pyro his Scorbunny flexed his arms.

"Nothin personal beautiful! I've always been too hot to trot!" The fire type boasted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That went well." Blake muttered, shaking his head as he turned back to Ron. "So a battle huh?" He asked, when suddenly his eyes widened as he got a better look a his opponent. "Wait? Ron Towers! Oh my gosh, I'm a huge fan of your music!"

Zapp, Blake's Jolteon turned to face Furia. His spiked fur flaring up as he readied himself. He gave the Quilava a small grin that with the look in the Jolteon's eyes gave an unspoken challenge. Bring it on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billie noticed a group of trainers approaching and deciding to mirror his bro, he approached to see if any wanted to battle.

As if reading the young trainer's mind, Lauren quickly began to head towards the office, Amber in tow. The Sylveon following her trainer closely.

"Pfft! What is this? Ameture hour?" Billie scoffed, more so at Lauren's non response, while his Gardevoir Vivi waved her arms dramatically.

"Definitely ameture hour. Always ameture hour. How delightfully dull." The pokemon remarked, her eyes half closed. She sounded like she was about to fall asleep.

"So, is there anyone in your group who'd like to battle?" Billie asked politely, addressing Allie. "Oh, I'm Billie by the way!"

Frost looked to the pokemon that came up to her. She was a bit skeptical of over enthused pokemon. As she looked down at the water type. "Well actually on the team is only me and Aura. Who is a galarian Rapidash, and female. My name is Frost."

Storm looked to the new arrival, and smiled. It seemed that there was a trend in pokemon running off from their trainer. He was a bit amused at the antics of them. "It is perfectly fine. The name is Storm Cromwell."

Storm did not really care for the way the other trainers were talking about his friends. If he did not stop himself, he would have had challenged them to a battle to put them in their place.
@ShadowedEevee

Ron raised one eyebrow by as Bake acknowledged who he was. "Yeah." He said. He placed his hands behind his head and sighed. "We figured we could use the practice. My Furia here is a little rusty."

Furia rolled her eyes. "I train every day, just because you're passed out drunk doesn't mean I sit around doing nothing." She looked at the Jolteon and then looked away, showing little interest.

Ron took his spot for the battle, while Quilava took hers. Furia sat down and just glared at her opponent, waiting for the signal to start. Ron stretched his arms upwards. "We ready."

"Oh that's not exciting. I thought you would know a cute Pokemon." Doka sadly said. Then, Doka's face brightened up, it was almost like she was another Pokemon. "Well, I'm Doka, and this is my trainer Eri! You might have heard of us we're up and coming stars!" Doka blew a giant bubble that she jumped on, launching her up to Eri's shoulder.

Eri seemed unfazed by the small Pokemon's sudden landing on her shoulder. The pair had practiced this quite a bit. Eri dramatically put one hand on her hip and raised her other arm and pointed at Storm. Doka mirrored her trainer's movements. "We're the up-and-coming pop stars, Eri Karan and Doka! You better not forget about us!"

"I am guessing that you do not buy into other's work much. I have actually recorded a couple of my own albums before. Though I am not one known to stick to one genre of music." Storm had a bit of mischievous smirk on his face. He was a bit sassy, especially when no one really recognised him when he was out. It was a good thing though, as he hated to be the center of attention. "I have done a few pop songs in the past and have a few that slotted to be released in the next couple of months, so I do wish you luck in the near future."

Frost look at this pokemon, and really tried not to use an ice beam on her. She was really getting on the ice types nerves. Though she is not one to actively seek out a relationship, she is not opposed to them. What really brought her to the conclusion that this pokemon that came up to her, was daft, was the fact that she seemed so happy and cheerful. Thinking about it, her and Amber tate would get along well. They were both very happy, and oblivious to everything. Frost could not really care why they were so happy. "My name is Frost, this is my partner, Storm Cromwell. He is one of the main recording artists at his record label. Though he may not do many shows, he is well known in a couple of different genres of music."

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie gave an eager wave. "Hiya! My name's Alison, but please just call me Allie. I prefer it." Once again, she prayed she wouldn't be recognized now that she'd said her name.
Eve gave a slight wave with her paw, albeit half-heartedly - she didn't like the Gardevoir at all.

Stacy followed Allie and her new friend that she couldn't remember the name of. She silently hoped that Allie wouldn't run off to join the other trainers. Allie honestly seemed to get along with one of them, Stacy observed. She closed her eyes as she tried to remember the name. Then her eyes snapped open with worry when someone asked for a battle. When she found out she wasn't challenged, she gave a sigh of relief. She was no battler.

Barnard was awake at this point and he could sense Stacy's discomfort. She, like him, hated talking to people. Then he flapped his wings when he heard being called an amateur. "Hey! Don't call others that," Barnard said in an innocent, childish voice that was hard to hear.

Blake nodded curtly deciding to keep his introduction short and sweet. "Kay, but I get an autograph afterwards." he smiled confidently.

Zapp arched a brow at Furia's response, before taking a battle stance. His spiked fur emitting a few sparks.

"Your move! Let's see what ya got!" Blake called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vivi Upon hearing the Hoothoot's cry, very dramatically turned and placed a hand on her hip, giving both the hoothoot, and eevee a very unimpressed look. As if they had proven her point.

Billie smiled at Allie. "Hi! Are you up for a battle?" He asked, a hint of impatience in his voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lauren meanwhile tried to keep her head down. Suffice to say that she wasn't in the mood to battle. She timidly allowed the balding trainer to move past as he rushed to get his Bellossom to the pokemon center down the way. Unfortunately this wasn't enough to keep his opponent from noticing her.

"Oh hey! Sorry I snapped at ya earlier. There's just more to me than that drab old band." Heinrich said, a smug grin on his face.

Turning to face him, Lauren simply nodded. "It's alright. Anyway, I gotta go, and register for the league." She said, her disinterest showing now more than ever.

"Wait! Hold up! I ain't done yet!" Heinrich called after her.

Begrudgingly the girl turned back to him. Amber Tate, picking up on the tension gently rubbed her head against Lauren's palm, the girl scratching behind the Sylveon's ear.

"So, you're looking to compete in the league." Heinrich started. Trying and failing to contain his amusement. Who was this chick fooling? The way she carried herself, she made it clear she wouldn't make the cut. Unless, maybe. How will she do under pressure? He thought, putting on the smirk of a schoolbully. "You actually think you're gonna get far with a prissy pink powderpuff like that?" Heinrich stabbed a finger at Amber for emphasis.

Lauren's eyes widened, while Amber hid behind her. "Uh...What does that have to do anything?" Lauren asked in shock.

"Hah! Thought as much! You ain't got it in ya huh?" Heinrich taunted, standing tall and placing his hands on his waist.

Heinrich's Scorbunny Pyro, winked at Amber, the Sylveon returning the gesture hesitantly.

"What say ya then? Wanna show us that you can do more than just stand there and look pretty?" Pyro challenged with a cocky smirk.

Amber thought for a moment, before stepping forward.

"What're you talking about?" Lauren finally found her voice. "My Sylveon is."

"A lover, not a fighter?" Heinrich cut her off. "C'mon, give me a break. It's a showpiece at best! Not a champion."

Lauren clenched her fists, looking down towards Amber who was now in front of her, and taking a deep breath through her nose, locked eyes with Heinrich again. "What do you want from me, a battle?" She said, as calmly as she could, while also knowing the answer.

Bingo... Heinrich hid his smirk by covering his mouth. "Why not? Nothin better to do right?"

"YES! It is so on!" Pyro cheered, jumping up and down. His trainer was the best when it came to arranging battles.

Amber steeled herself, before her perkiness returned. I really wish I had a some coffee right now. She thought before giving a seductive smile to her opponent. "Y'know, I may have some other things to show after..." The Sylveon purred.

"Be still my beating heart." Pyro remarked sarcastically before adding "Naptime first sweetheart." A glowing ember appearing in his paw as he prepared.

Wow what a jerk. No wonder the Pokeloution disbanded.
Lauren thought as she took another deep breath. She could think of many better things to do, but this was why she was here wasn't it? "I guess so." A determined look appeared on her face.

"Good. Then when you're ready, Bring it on!" Heinrich called. Satisfied that he had struck the right chord with this girl.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie blinked. That was... quick, to say the least. Even she wasn't usually that quick to challenge people for a battle.
She could tell that Stacy was not comfortable. She was torn between sticking with her first friend in a long time, or satiating her rambunctious Eevee's desire for battle. Indeed, Eve already looked like it was preparing itself for a fight.
She made her decision. She couldn't just abandon Stacy like that. She turned back to Billie, about to decline the challenge, before stopping under the trainer's impatient gaze. Feeling pressured, she glanced back at Stacy, and then back at the other trainer. "May I have a moment, please?"

She turned around, giving a quick smile, before moving towards Stacy. Her eyes were filled with indecision.
"S-Stacy? Would you mind if I battled this guy quick? I..." She then lowered her voice slightly, so just the two of them could hear. "I - don't really want to right now, but I promised Eve we could do some battling soon and she's really excited now. I'll be right back, I promise." She quickly added, "If you're okay with it, that is. If you'd rather me stay, then we can battle someone later."

Ron smirked as he prepared to start the battle, but his smile faded as he heard the conversation between Heinrich and Lauren. He raised the left side of his upper lip as he held a hand up to stop Blake. "Hold on."
Ron turned around with a mean look in his eyes and walked over to Lauren's side, his hands in his pockets as he took long strides. Furia followed quietly, glaring at the Scorbunny with the same mean look.
"Yo!" Ron called out to Heinrich. "Pressuring someone into a battle is pretty lame, specially if it's a lady." He tilted his head to the side. "Why don't ya battle me instead? I wouldn't mind stomping on ya before I have my real battle with the Jolteon guy over there." He looked at Blake over his shoulder and then back at Heinrich. "Or I'll take on both of ya, since you'll just be a small obstacle."

Furia didn't reply to this, she just glared at the Scorbunny. She sat straight and showed no expression. Unlike when she was going to battle the Jolteon.

Lauren breathed an audible sigh of relief as Ron stepped up and defended her. Turning towards her friend, she smiled and mouthed a muted "Thank you."

Heinrich on the other hand looked less than pleased. "Yeah, cuz that's all we need is more trainers who either can't or won't battle for shit!" He chastised the girl. He then turned towards Blake, and said in an arrogant tone. "Hey! G and G."

"Huh?" Blake blinked as Heinrich turned his ire towards him.

"How's about a tag match huh?" He proposed.

Lauren shook her head, and backed away, while Blake scratched the back of his. "I don't know. What exactly is G and G?"

"Goldilocks and Goldilocks." Heinrich laughed. "What else would I mean"?

Zapp growled at Heinrich. That was something the electric eeveeloution did not like, insults.

"Yeah no. To thanks, I'ma stay outta this." Blake said, as he knelt down next to Zapp, and patted the Jolteon's head. A crackle of static being heard as he did so. "I can wait till after." He said to Ron, no longer looking at Heinrich.

"Pfft, fine! Be that way!." Heinrich mocked before turning back to Ron. Any goodwill he may have had, hidden now behind the mask. His eyes practically glowed with hubris.

Pyro meanwhile sized up Furia with a smirk of his own. "Gee, you're awfully cold for a fire type! I wonder if I can make you melt." He said, kneading his paws in the way a human would crack their knuckles.

"C'mon then tough guy! Put your money where your mouth is!" Heinrich taunted Ron.

Ron looked back at Blake and smiled. "Thanks."
He turned his attention back to Heinrich. "Fine, let's see if your battling skills are as big as your ego." He looked down at Furia. "You're up."

Furia looked up at Ron and nodded. She walked slowly a few steps and took a battle stance, lowering the front part of her body, getting ready to attack. "I'm gonna make you fall on your face."

Ron looked at his opponent with the same mean look he did before. "Swift."

Furia nodded and fired a series of shiny yellow stars at the Scorbunny.

Heinrich gave a smirk and echoed Ron's command. "Swift"

Without a second of hesitation, Pyro released a counter volley of stars at Furia's, aiming to have them collide harmlessly.

Heinrich then issued another command. "Double Kick."

As the stars from the two swifts collided, Pyro vaulted himself over them, and then dropped towards the Quilava with his foot extended towards the top of her head.

~~~~~

Lauren held back from entering the office, and was now watching the battle unfold. As much as she didn't want to fight, she also didn't want others fighting for her. If her father was here, he would be telling her that she did nothing wrong. Alas, he wasn't, and the girl felt that if Ron or his Quilava got hurt, it would be her fault.

Ron watched the Scorbunny move and prepared it's double kick. He looked down at Furia. "Test it's strength."

Furia nodded and used flame charge directly at the attacking enemy. As she ran, a fire covered her body, without her having to ignite the fire from her head or tail. Furia ran a few feet ahead and then jumped straight at the incoming double kick.

"Hmph, idiot." Heinrich mumbled as he watched confidently.

Pyro followed through with his attack. While the Quilava's flames had not real effect, the collision hurt a lot, and forced the Scorbunny to withdraw after a single kick. Pyro landed, and quickly shifted his weight off of the foot he had kicked with.

"Knock that twig outta the sky Pyro! Use swift!" Heinrich barked.

The Scorbunny obliged and sent a volley of stars at Furia.

A slight red glow showed on Furia for a second, as her speed increased. However, before she could land a rain of shiny stars was shot at her. Ron knew there wasn't a way to avoid it, so he went on with their strategy. "Defense curl!"

Furia curled into a ball as the Swift attack impacted her body. Once she hit the floor, she rolled to the side and landed back on her feet. She was too proud to admit she had received damage, so she just took her battle stance again. A blue shine showing her defense increase. She turned to Ron and nodded.

"Good, let's test it out!" Ron smiled at his Pokemon. "Rollout!"

The Quilava jumped forward, curled up and began spinning rapidly. She dove straight for the Scorbunny.

"Really?" Heinrich laughed. "Pyro! Dodge it!"

Pyro was much worse for wear than Furia was. His failed double kick was wreaking havoc on his leg. There was no escape.

Realizing this, Heinrich's eyes widened. "Dammit Pyro! Get out of the way!" He yelled, already knowing the outcome. He had known it was a risk to battle again immediately after the last opponent.

Pyro closed his eyes and ground his teeth in preparation for the impact.

"No! Dammit NOOO!" Heinrich snarled, as his Scorbunny was laid out flat in the dirt, unable to battle on. Swiftly he pulled a pokeball back from his pocket, Pyro disappearing into it's comforting void. "Well done..." Heinrich whispered half heartedly before facing Ron again.

"Woo! Bravo! Bravo! Ya want a medal?" He taunted, failing to mask his anger miserably.

Ron crossed his arms with a disappointed look as Furia sighed and walked back to Ron's side and sat down. She began cleaning her face by licking her paw and passing it over her eyes. Ron ignored Heinrich's blabbering and he turned to Lauren. "Thanks for letting me step in. Don't let any jerk like that boss you around, feel free to ask me for help any time."

He then made his way to Blake, with a confident smirk on his face. "Sorry but our battle will have to wait. We just tried out our new strategy and there's some stuff we gotta fix. That cool with ya?"

"Wow, really?" Eri exclaimed, surprised that she randomly ran into another singer. "Me and Doka here have already become quite popular in Johto!" Eri smiled. "Though not anywhere else." She disappointingly mumbled. "So we came to the Omnia region to gain more fans by winning the Pokemon League!"

Doka cheerfully smiled at Frost, ignorant to the fact the Pokemon was annoyed by her. "Really? What luck, maybe your trainer could give mine some pointers!" Doka climed onto Eri's head, searching for something interesting to do. Spying a battle going on, Doka enthusiastically jumped off Eri's head and raced towards the fight. "Ooh! A battle! Maybe there will be a cute Pokemon fighting!" She cried as she ran off.

Eri sighed. "Sorry, I have to chase after my out-of-control partner. Hopefully I see you again." Eri waved goodbye as she chased after Doka.

When Doka and Eri reached the battle, it was already over. "Oh man, I thought I could meet some cute boys" Doka whined.

Stacy sighed and closed her eyes. "Ok," she said quietly, "You didn't need to ask me to battle someone." She didn't want to be that friend that held her friend back. Besides, Allie seemed to be a tiny bit interested in battling, unlike her. Stacy didn't really see the point of battling Pokemon. She also had huge social anxiety around large groups. She sighed as she calmed herself and reminded herself to use the memorized lines. Sure, she would sound like a robot, but that was fine.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie gave a slight smile. "I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't feel uncomfortable. I've been told I can be a bit.. rash... so I've been working on making sure everyone else around me is okay with it before I jump in."

Smiling, she turned back to Billie. "You're on."

~~

She walked over to the field, readying herself. Eve was already doing half-pushups on Allie's head, hyped up for the impending fight.
"Eve, you're up!" she called, and Eve dive-rolled off her head, giving a high-pitched battle cry.

"Thanks!" Lauren told Ron gratefully as she sat down on the steps in front of the registration office. Amber laid her head in the girls lap, seemingly asleep, purring softly as her trainer scratched behind her ears.

Blake also nodded at Ron. "It's cool! I understand."

Blake's Jolteon Zapp gave the faintest of grins at Furia, his way of showing that he was impressed. An ear flicked in the direction of an over excited Brionne, as the Eeveeloution's grin changed to a bemused smirk. "Battles equal boys?" The Jolteon asked in the Brionne's direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billie's initial impatience gave way to elation, as he did a fist bump, and then hopped into place. It had been to long since his last battle. "All right! Hit us with your best shot!" He cried.

His Gardevoir, Vivi simply folded her arms with a look of boredom on her face, whether she was unimpressed, or underestimating Eve was unknown.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie quickly formed a basic strategy in her head. She didn't want to reveal Eve's specialty just yet - she knew Gardevoir would be a tough foe, so the power of underestimation would be a great weapon.
"Start up with an Earth-Shattering Swift!"
Eve spun in the air before digging into the ground. The ground shook slightly, hinting that Eve was not just digging straight to the Emanation Pokemon - but rather, digging tunnels through the entire battlefield. Suddenly, the ground began to crack, and Swift stars began flying up from the field, in various spots across the field.

Billie's inexperience showed as he simply stared at the massive eruption of stars that Eve sent out.

Vivi, having been used to this lack of input from her trainer, danced around the attack, not perfectly, but enough to avoid severe damage. By the time Billie had come out of his stupor, Vivi was already preparing a moonblast, the she launched directly at Eve.