• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon:Lux et Tenebrae Discussion

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels

Cool! Thanks for letting me know! :)

@EmoKitty21
@ThePlayfulFox

That's fine! I do need to mention field battles again.

"Field battles will occur when the group either encounters wild Pokemon or Team Tenebris and Team Lux. Field battles are Improv free-for-alls we're both Pokemon and trainer are involved and can be attacked. You must work together with your fellow players to emerge Victorious."

If your characters don't want to be involved then let me know. I will always post when a battle is going to occur. I'll make sure they will be able to keep their heads down. ;)

@EeviumZ
@ShadowedEevee

You can if you want. Also, did either of you want to join in the battle? I can get an NPC ready.

@Hecotoro

Right now the battle looks like this.

Ron Towers VS Blake Baudelaire

Lauren Lyonelle VS Heinrich von Grosse

Billie Baudelaire is available to battle if either of you feel up to it. :)

@EmoKitty21
@ThePlayfulFox
@ShadowedEevee
@Hecotoro
@EeviumZ

Alright! We should be about ready to start next post or so. Here's a quick recap of story battles.

The way these will work it's at the beginning of the battle a player has the option to take the first turn. They will then write their actions in a way that is left open ended for their opponent, who will then write a response detailing their Pokemon’s reaction, and counterattack.
The outcome will be determined by the creativity of the battle, The interactions between the pokemon and their trainers, and how the Pokemon's moves are used to its advantage.

Points can be removed by having the Pokemon perform moves that it either does not know, does not fit into its move pool or are simply out of character.
Extra points can be rewarded by properly performing a two-turn move. Namely the first turn is used to prepare for the second turn and, also by taking pokemon types and strengths and weaknesses into consideration.

After your characters and their opponents are ready, we will begin. Also I need to get Lauren and Heinrich ready. This first battle will last for about 3 turns.

Btw, the group is now in the courtyard. The moved offscreen.

Thanks for your patience guys! :D

Also, Emokitty. ShadowedEevee is waiting for Storm to respond.

@EeviumZ

Alright. This isn't working. I'm going to give you until the end of the day to get your post in, and if it's not, I'm gonna have to move the story along.

@EmoKitty21
@Hecotoro
@ThePlayfulFox
@ShadowedEevee

I'm not saying there has to be a post every day, but I would really not have to wait a week in between. I've mentioned before that I would like posts to be made at least every three days.

That would be ideal.

I'm sorry to be pushy, but I love the potential all of your characters bring, and at the rate we're going. We're not going to see all they have to offer.

Especially in the late game, but this is a journey that we can only make together.

I'm counting on you guys! I know we can do this! :D

@Hecotoro
@EmoKitty21
@ThePlayfulFox
@ShadowedEevee

Alright! I wanted to update you guys on the Source Filmmaker project.

So, I've been messing around with Source Filmmaker and wanted to practice with it, and so I was wondering if you guys would mind if I attempted to recreate the current scene of the RP?

It would be split into two separate parts. One for the scene at the Bar, and the other on the boat.

I will of course credit you guys for your characters.

I haven't forgotten this, but I need to let you guys know that, while there are plenty of pokemon models, there is very little variety in trainers. I can still do this, but only if you guys are okay with our characters being represented by generic trainers. XD

Wish I had better news on that front.

@EeviumZ

It's cool. I'm waiting on a post from you. :)