• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Link: Battle! Revealed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Yesterday a brand new edition of Nintendo Direct was streamed and brought with it the reveal of a brand new Pokémon 3DS eShop title. The new game is known as Pokémon Link: Battle! in Europe and Pokémon Battle: Trozei in the US.
Pokémon Link Battle.jpg
The game is a sequel to the Pokémon Link (again known as Pokémon Trozei in Japan), a game which was released for the Nintendo DS during 2006. The aim of this game is to capture Pokémon and also gives you the ability to raise the Pokémon you catch and use them in battle. Pokémon Link: Battle! will be a little more complex than the original with type advantages of the Pokémon also coming into play.

The game will be released on the 12th of March in Japan, on the 13th in Europe, and the 20th in the US. It has been said that the game will include all currently known Pokémon.

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
I'm pretty excited for this game. :) I still remember playing the original Trozei as a kid...and having no idea how to play and eventually losing it. XP Definitely a hidden gem of the DS's long list of games. I'm glad they decided to make a sequel. :up:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Looks significantly better than the original game, so I will probably actually pick this up. It seems to get the idea of it being a Pokémon puzzle game right, rather than just sticking pokemon images into a shallow twist on bejewelled.

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Definitely looking forward to this one. The fact it's an eShop title and already looking to be considerably cheaper than the original because of it will pretty much ensure I pick this up at some point. Should have some eShop credit handy after my birthday, so a very good release date in that regard too~

I've always been a fan of the puzzle games, and alike Alex said it seems as though Link Battle is going to blend Pokémon and a puzzle game a bit better than past games have (although I always really liked the original Link :p).

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I liked the original Trozei enough to purchase this sequel, too. The fact that it's much cheaper and adds new gameplay elements is just the cherry on top. I'm hoping that the co-op mode is both local and online because it wasn't clearly stated if both were supported within the Direct.