• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Life And Death: Nita region RP

(Sign up thread is here: http://pokecharms.com/threads/pokem...-sign-ups-discussion-and-other-gubbins.14943/)

Today's raid had been a resounding success.

Thanks to a nearby office hosting a 'bring your pokemon to work' day, the grunts of Team Necro now had forty new pokemon to bring to their boss. Forty new sacrifices for Vidangel and Muermonio.

"Admin Kemen! Sir, I'm done with the write-up on that raid!" A short grunt reported, dashing towards her superior, "Can I go inside and give it to Lady Nekane?"

A tall man, sporting a floor length black trench coat shook his head at his employee. "I will give it to Lady Nekane later. She's in Alicia's room, and does not wish to be disturbed right now."

"Understood, sir," the grunt said meekly.

Though new to her job, the grunt knew exactly what Admin Kemen meant by, 'Alicia's room.' It could hardly be called a room at all; it was but a giant freezer, the contents of which were known only to Lady Nekane, and to the administrators of Team Necro. And presumably, to whoever this, 'Alicia' was. But for reason? Was there a top-secret bio-weapon inside? The Vida orb and the Muerto orb (Which were necessary to summon Vidangel and Muermonio)? Or something else entirely...?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Granja Town was quite the far-cry from the image of the Nita region that Rose had been sold growing up. She'd been fed fairytales about how all of the Nita region's people loved to watch tauros fights, and dance flamenco, and party long into the night--Well, that simply wasn't true for northern Nita, at least.

Rose had been flown to Granja Town yesterday morning, under the careful supervision of Professor Palm, her new superior. Granja Town was but a picturesque, peaceful mountain town, with lots of little farmhouses. It would've made a nice little holiday spot--If only Team Necro weren't on the prowl, snatching pokemon from the arms of every man, woman, and child.

Rose awoke early that morning, under Professor Palm's orders, and made her way down to the living room with her partner pokemon, Mimi the lopunny. Today, she'd be acquainted with the rest of the crack team, put together to stop Team Necro.

"Morning, Professor," she greeted coolly, eyeing the gaggle of other trainers, "So, are these the other recruits?"

"They are," Professor Palm reported, "Why don't you all introduce yourselves, and the reason you've been called here?"

Last edited:
This was the first time she had ever rode a bout. Kathleen has been to many places but a bout wasn't her forte. She was sent to the rigion for a request by professor palm. Soon the bout docked to a small house doc. "thanks for the ride." Kathleen said trying no to barf on the doce to the old man manning the small boat. "haha no problem! If you ever need a ride again you can count on me!" The man called as Kathleen started to head inward. Soon her sea sickness subsided as she found herself in Granja Village. It was dark out and the professor wanted her really early tomorrow. Kathleen decided to buy a room at a hotel for the night and meet the professor tomorrow.

"I will got first." Kathleen said, "My name is Kathleen and this are two of my Pokémon: Scythe and stumpy." She said that she showed her eevee and seviper. Scythe rose his head up at the recognition. "And the reason I am here is because you called me for something I cant remember!" Kathleen replied without shame. It wasn't unlike her to do this so she had gotten use to forgetting stuff. Her face was mostly hidden behind her black hat but if they could see her face they would see that her eyes shone a......mostly welcoming glint.

The grizzled professor glared sharply at the girl, pulling on a wrinkly black jacket as he cleared his throat. "Miss Chaser, I'd prefer that you take this meeting more seriously," Professor Palm said with a sharp, authoritative tone, "In case you, unlike the rest of the team here have forgotten, you are the Nita region's last hope. If you fail to take down Team Necro, the Nita region may just collapse!"

Eager to demonstrate a more appropriate way to introduce one's self, Rose stepped forward along with Mimi. "Pokémon are being snatched from their trainers and killed left and right. None of the gyms or contest halls are open anymore, because they're scared that Team Necro will show up. And that's why we've been called here," she reported, "I used to work for Team Terra, an organisation dedicated to stopping Team Galactic. The name's Rose."

The professor nodded at the blonde as he turned to face Kathleen again. "I presume that you know a little about Team Necro's boss, Nekane?" he enquired.

Kathleen nodded "isn't she a professor that went crazy of something." She replied completely unaffected by the hostile tone, "oh and nice to meet you rose." She felt that the eyes were on her and felt that they though as her as care free. Kathleen didn't mind. She did the stuff she was supposed to do and she does it right. Behind her, Scythe was starting to feel the tensions on his trainer and back up. Stumpy stated were he was, to young to know what was going on.

"She was indeed," Professor Palm confirmed, "Professor Nekane Arbola was the most respected pokemon researcher in the Nita region, until her daughter died."

Professor Arbola had been the Nita region's go-to professor, once upon a time. She had been the one give the new trainers their starter pokemon. The one to give out badge cases, contest passes, and all of that gubbins. She even gave advice to trainers about how to win battles, or steal the show in contests, or make perfect pokepuffs in the first round of their showcases. She had been the one that every new trainer depended on... Until her darling daughter, Alicia was killed suddenly in an accident.

"So, Professor," Rose began, as Mimi nuzzled her arm, "You say that you want us to take down Team Necro, but do you have a plan for us? Any leads into their base, or something?"

(@Meepy @MegaCharizardZ @Twixster )
"oh or maybe a spy mission or something." Kathleen said excitedly, " or like a stalker mission to find there base or something?" Behind her, Scythe had lessoned up from the tensions and was just being there. Stumpy looked at the taller people in wonder. He didn't really know what was going on. His trainer was excited over something the guy in the lab coat said and so was the other trainer. Stumpy had no idea what the others trainers were thinking since they haven't even spoken yet.

"From what I have gathered, Team Necro spend a majority of their time either at their base, or at the shrines to our guardian deities," Professor Palm answered, "That is, when they're not terrorizing the people of Nita. Their base of operations seems to be hidden deep underground, in Fantasma Town. And Professor Nekane was last spotted praying to Vidangel at Iglesia De Vida."

"Are you suggesting that we attack them head on, Professor?" Rose enquired.

Professor Palm shook his head. "Not just yet. It seems that Team Necro are planning an attack right now, in Fantasma Town," he relayed, "This will be your first mission. You'll be ferried to Fantasma Town, and your job will be be to defuse the situation as best you can. Keep the casualties to a minimum, if possible."

Ths professor faced the group, sporting an even more grim stare than before. "My assistant, Javier, is waiting for you outside. He'll take you there."

Last edited:
"oh!" Kathleen said rising her hand, "On my will can you make sure someone looks after stumpy and I want my Pokémon to all be set free. Other then that I am good. Wait..... can I ride my noivern instead of going by boat?" She knew that going by air on a giant Pokémon would seem suspicious but it was better then a sick team mate. Kathleen looked at the confused faces by the fact that she just dissed the possibility of death. That's what they all signed up for, right?

Jack leaned on the wall until he stopped and walked closer
"Names Jack, Heir to the Devlin family fortune" Jack said as he was followed by his Lucario, Honchkrow and Krookodile "These are my Pokemon, Introduce yourself" Jack asked his Pokemon as the all looked at the trainers
"Now, Can we start?" Jack asked, Petting his Honchkrow

"You won't be going by boat," Professor Palm relayed to Kathleen, "I have a safer solution for you."

Professor Palm lead the group outside to a heavily-guarded car, with tinted windows. The driver wordlessly opened the vehicle, without bothering to reveal himself to his passengers.

"Vidangel speed, Javier," the grizzled professor instructed, "Two police officers have already been shot dead at the scene."

Rose nodded curtly in the professor's direction, though they way that the professor spoke so casually about sending his recruits to a possible early grave unnerved her slightly. Though, after all that she had heard about Team Necro, the tone didn't really surprise her.

"We won't fail you, Professor," Rose affirmed as she got into the car.

Kathleen followed the group out side to see the car. She watched Rose enter the car with her Pokémon. "So we are being detectives. Honorary detectives." She replied with a smirk on her face. Scythe shook his head at her trainer. "seviper." He muttered as he looked at the car. "We cant fail you!" She said to the professor, "There is not possible way!" Kathleen then followed rose into the car and sat down. Stumpy jumped on her lap as scythe also joined them inside. "So rose." She said wanting a conversation, "what do you think of the operation?"

"I'm a little concerned, myself," Rose answered, scratchingnthe back of her neck disinterestedly, "It sounds like they plan to fling us head first into a potential death trap. I can't believe how casual they're being about this. They don't seem at all shaken by the fact that two police officers have been shot dead where they're sending us!"

The girl looked over at Mimi. She hoped that the rabbit would at least stay safe. Or at the bare minimum, alive during the mission..

"I kind of like there clam nature. There trying not to freak us out by being scared like they really are." Kathleen replied. She knew this from experience. Kathleen had done this tactic to her little brother when a wild Pokémon started to chase them when they were out one time. In the end, moon came to save them, but she had leaned a bit from this encounter. Kathleen started to pet her own Pokémon as scythe stayed away from the lubunny.

Kathleen though to the mission ahead of them. It was dangerous, but her Pokémon were ready for it. They had been training with her for a long time to make them a great team.

Rose nodded curtly, though it now dawned upon her that the reasons the professor had for being so... Casual, perhaps weren't as they seemed. Perhaps the professor had just became desensitised to the abhorrent acts going on in the region. Perhaps he had seen so much bloodshed, that it no longer bothered him.

"Cheers to that," she snorted, "We are the region's ladt hope, after all. We need to be able to think straight when we're dealing with them."

"that's why I didn't want to go by boat." Kathleen said chuckling. The linger though of what rose said made her think more about this mission. 'what are we really going into' she though before rembering something. "wait before we go" She called out the window to the professor, "did the men die by guns or Pokémon! I don't want to be faced gained armed trainers."

"They were shot, so by gun, duh," Rose snorted, as the car rolled away from the dead-eyed professor, "Man, Team Necro really don't fuck around. They may be the only evil team I've ever heard of who aren't complete idiots."

A pit dropped in the girl's stomach at the thought of dying on this mission, though she hurried to flush it out. If she did die on this mission, no one would care except her pokemon. Her family never wanted to see her again, after all.

Swallowing, she quietly added, "They wouldn't send ys up against armed bad guys unless they thought we could handle it, right?"

"I still wanted a gun." Kathleen mutted taking Rose's tone into consideration, "anyway I guess you are right. They dont really seem like the type to sent people to their doom, but then again I dont really know the people of this region." The trainer then realized that what she said won't really help her, but she had already said it so it couldn't be taken back.

'This stuff is a bit weird' She though as she pet stumpy. Suddenly an idea hit her, but she soon tryed to obliterate it since it couldn't be likely. 'But is it a trap' she pondered.

Rose nodded curtly, and then remained quiet for the rest of the journey as she stared outside. Silence. Silence, the rumble of the car, and the green plains. That was all she could bring herself to focus on. The possibility of dying on the mission was simply too cruel a thought to bear at this time.

And then the plains were gone.

The girl's eyes widened as the car came to a halt in what appeared to be a big, cobblestone courtyard. There were screams. Crying children. Wailing pokemon. And men and women threatening people with their pokemon.

The bled-out bodies of two police officers were on the ground. Two arcanines whimpered quietly in mourning.

"We're here," the driver informed them.

Rose was half waiting for him to pass them weapons. He gave them one bullet-proof vest each, and nothing else.

Rose muttered quietly, as she looked on into the chaotic scene, "Are we really supposed to stop that?"

Kathleen looked at the vest. She put it on and opened the door as her pokemon whent ahead of her. She readjusted her hat as it covered only her eyes before running to the officers. Kathleen looked over the bodies before grabbing a something.

"Got a gun!" She exclaim towards the car as she lifted the gun in the air, a smile on her face. Kathleen then let out the rest of her pokemon and put stumpy in his ball to make sure he was safe.

"Don't die," the driver said dryly, as Rose left the car.

The trainer hurried to slip the vest on as she joined Kathleen outside the car, returning Mimi, and instead, getting Kagura the skuntank, and Mari the drifblim out of their pokeballs. Kagura's stench would work as excellent crowd control, plus, Mari could fly out of harm's way...

"Mari, shadow ball," Rose dommanded calmly, as a Team Necro Grunt went to threaten a small child and her claydol.

"Oh yea battle." Kathleen said just before her leafeon, grace, pushed her down. She looked up to find a hole in the ground were she was. "Hunter use dragon pulse at the tower." Kathleen commanded as her noivern used it on the tower. "Sniper in tower." She called as she fixed her hat that fell off and a hunter used dragon pulse. Kathleen then lifted her gun and pointed it at the entrance.

As soon as her own target was neutralised, Rose headed deeper into the chaos. Nothing but grunts and bloodshed. Until she saw a woman having her dragonair wrestled off of her.

"Let go of my Claire!" the woman begged, arms firmly around her pokemon, "I won't let you have her!"

The grunts ignored her cries. "That dragonair is bound for Alicia's room, and for Vidangel!"

(sorry for taking so long ;/)
Kathleen watched as her teammate when deeper. "ok. Lets got the outside done!" She yelled as her Pokémon went into battle stance, "winter and hig use razor leaf in flower fashion. Hunter fly up and use dragon pulse on the tower getting rid it. Scythe use toxic on graces leaf blade and on me grace and scythe." She called the final actions as hunter flew up. He seceded in using dragon pulse to destroy the base of the tower, nocking it all down. On the ground, Winter and hig used leaf blade in a flower fashion spraying it everywhere. Kathleen headed in to a different direction, grace and scythe following. On the grunts they pasted, they either fell to her gun or the poisoned blade. They finally stopped as a dragonite blacked their path.

The dragonair continued to struggle under the grunt's grasp, until Rose freed it from the grunt's arms with Mari's phantom force attack.

"You.... You insolent children!" the grunt cried out, as the woman ran away with her dragonair in her arms, "That dragonair would've made a wonderful sacrifice for Vidangel! Now, thanks to you, we've got ten dead grunts, and no pokemon to take to Alicia's room!"

The surviving grunts quickly retreated, taking nothing but their own pokemon, which were mostly common, low-level ghost types, such as haunters and yamasks.

The grunt's speech stuck an odd chord with Rose, as she returned to Kathleen's side and beamed back her pokemon. Alicia's room? Who was Alicia? As far as she knew, Team Necro's boss was Professor Nekane Arbola, not Alicia...

"Well," she finally said, "That was bloody. And who's this 'Alicia', they keep talking about?"

Kathleen though for a minute. Her mind wondered to the thoughts. Her head turned to scythe as he instantly got the memo. "Well it could be the true leader or something." She replied half lost in her own thoughts.

Scythe had slithered away. He was headeding to each room in the building just looking around. On his tail was a tinny camera. Kathleen had bought it to be used "legally". It was nearly invisible on the sevipers tail as he checked each room, pausing to move his tail around.

"Anyway. It would make more sence if 'alicia' turned the professor. I mean if she was loved by many, why just turn against the entire region?" Kathleen replied as clicked the bullets out of the gun she held.

(We're in a courtyard, not a building)

"True," Rose replied as she surveyed the area, "Her sudden desire to turn against the region doesn't make a lot of sense to me, either. But then again, I don't suppose that anyone thought that Professor Arbola would set up an organisation as dangerous as Team Necro, either..."

Rose took a moment to think carefully through the next step of the plan, if there was even one in the first place... Javier had long since abandoned them, and Professor Palm hadn't given them any leads as to where in Fantasma Town they would find Team Necro's base. So what could possibly be done now....?

Wait...

What was Professor Arbola planning to do at Iglesia De Vida? Apparently, that was where she had last been spotted, praying to Vidangel, but if that was the case, why wasn't she here, co-ordinating the attack? Did she not want to get her hands dirty, or something...?

"We know that Professor Arbola was last seen at Iglesia De Vida, praying to Vidangel," Rose continued, "I think it's best that we head there. I don't know what she wants to do there, but I don't think that she plans to evolve any eevees into breezeon!"

"We dont have a car. We have hunter" she replied as her noivern landed next to her, her usually quirkiness returning. Kathleen then ruturned all of her pokemon, except hunter. "We can ride him there instead. I dont feel like walking anyway." She replied as she patted the neck of the pokemon.

Malgus arrived at the Nita Region by plane after receiving an urgent call from someone he didn't know. Apparently he was told to meet with more trainers at a courtyard of some sort. When he arrived, he saw two other trainers, one patting a Noivern. "Hey, did you guys get called here too?" Malgus called.

Rose shook her head. "There's no need for pokemon based transport. Iglesia De Vida is only about ten minutes away on foot from here."

The girl checked herself over for injuries, relieved to find that she had not sustained any during the battle. It would've been a terrible shame if she had gotten injured in the first step of the mission...

She spun around on her heels to face the the intruder. "You're late," she commented.

"Well, yeah, I got here by plane. Next airport is miles from here," Malgus commented drily. "So what's the big deal here? Something about a gang of thugs called Team Necro? Sounds weaker than Team Aqua."

"Weaker than Team Aqua?!" Rose scoffed, "Are you blind and deaf?! Look around you!"

Thirteen bloody bodies, some of which had been shot up beyond recognition littered the cobblestone ground. Most hadn't even bled out yet, and were still spilling their scarlet fluids onto their mourning pokemon. Two police officers, some Team Necro grunts, and regrettably, a civillian, who was still holding her charmander's pokeball in her hand.

Unappreciative of the new recruit's tone, Rose continued her rant. "You see this? It's all Team Necro's doing. They're the reason all of the gyms and stuff have closed down, and why we've been the only trainers allowed to enter the Nita region in months!"

Last edited:
"Hmm, maybe I should keep my eyes open before I talk," Malgus remarked. "So, what are we gonna do about it just standing here? Are there more trainers on their way?"

"Technically we killed them." She replied as she looked at the trainer, "no that we know of." She then returned her flying-type and pulled out hig, her gogoat. "I am still going by pokemon." She replied as she got onto the back of hig.

Rose picked a stray gun from the ground and tightened her vest as she surveyed the path ahead. Fantasma Town was but a lively little place up in the mountains, not that she'd noticed until now. Like Granja Town, it too sported many farmhouses, and rustic little cottages, with worn brick walls.

But just up ahead from the little town, was Iglesia De Vida, a temple which stood out against the rustic little town like a sore thumb. It was visible from where the group were stood now, and to Rose, it was rather imposing. White stone steps, lead up a lavish temple with many spires, each of them sporting gold detailing and stained-glass windows, depicting Vidangel and its counterpart, Muermonio.

"Best be on our guard, then," Rose instructed, "If Professor Arbola's there, we can expect another brutal battle."

"It's my first time here," Rose admitted as she climbed the first few steps, "Nice place, ain't it? Or it would be, if the gyms and stuff were still open, and Team Necro didn't exist."

Rose had heard a lot about the Nita region in its glory days from Kemen, her friend Daniel's boyfriend. The Nita League was once a great challenge, on par with the gyms of Sinnoh in terms of difficulty, and the elite four and champion were rumoured to be virtually unstoppable. Champion Carmen was as beautiful and graceful in battle as her primarina partner, Maximillian.

If things weren't the way they were, Rose would totally have gone to challenge the gym leader of Fantasma Town, Miguel, for the Netherworld Badge...

(Yes. He's gay)

Rose stopped for a second, to let a stray salandit pass through a crack in the staircase, before she turned to face the new recruit. "We aren't waiting for anyone," she answered, "We're headed up to Iglesia De Vida, because we know that Professor Arbola was last seen there. Knowing what she and her grunts have been up to, I don't think she's there to evolve any eevees into breezeon, or simply give thanks to Vidangel. For all we know, she could be plotting to trash the temple right now."

"then we shoot her in the face. That was the pan right?" She replied jokingly as her reshifted her hat again to cover her eyes. Hig started to head up the stairs. The pokemon seamed un bothered by the weight or the fact of climbing the stairs. Pokemon started to try jumping on the rubble as a game for climbing the stairs. Her trainer on the other hand, didnt have the pleasure of sharing the fun in the game.

Instead, Kathleen started thinking. The grunts were weak with their low level ghost types, but they were also ghost types. Their pokemon also seemed to just looked borred at first thinking they could win, but they were scared when they relized they had to fight. 'Weakness: overconfidence with both the grunts and pokemon' Kathleen thought.

"If we need to," Rose answered coolly, as the gogoat tailed her.

The clacks of the pokemon's trotters echoed, thanks to the walling around the staircase as the group ascended. The bulletproof vest was rather heavy, against the trainer's lithe frame, and was making her uncomfortable in the heat, but she daren't take it off. Not when the group were possibly minutes away from the big don of the organisation they were fighting against, who would probably be packing more than just common ghost types...

The gravity of what the group might have to do was only just hitting Rose now, as the temple got closer. If Professor Arbola was there, then she could have any number of grunts on hand to kill them all, and another bloody war would ensue... Inside a temple, of all places. Though not a very spiritual person, Rose was rather uncomfortable at the thought of having to possibly spill blood on holy ground. A place dedicated to the pokemon who watches over the living deserved only to be respected, and kept beautiful, not stained with the blood of crooks like Team Necro.

"We'll do whatever needs to be done, and no less," the trainer said firmly, as the last flight of the staircase came into view.