• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: Let's Go, Onwards! (Pokemon Anime/Let's Go! RP)

[Discussion/Sign-Ups]
[RPers: @Eeveechu151, @Fraseandchico, @BlueMew392, @Rohan Kishibe, @AnimeTail, @~Aura~Slashz~]

The world of Pokemon.
A vast, sprawling place filled with many different types of beings. There are humans, of course, but these humans bond with various different types of animals, beasts and creatures alike, each vastly different from the next.
These creatures are called Pokemon.
The bond with humans and Pokemon goes far beyond mere companionship. Some keep Pokemon as pets, yes, while others choose to study them, work with them as partners and learn to care for all kinds of them.
Some choose to fight alongside them in the most influential sport on the planet - Pokemon Battles.
No trainer is more famous than the one that manages to rise to the top of the Pokemon League, the top competition for Pokemon trainers everywhere. Those that come out on top of a gauntlet of trainer battles, tournament-style, gain the chance to face off against the Elite Four and the Champion - the strongest trainers in the world. Becoming the Champion is no small feat, and is the dream for many trainers out there.
Such as is the case for Ash Ketchum, a 13-year-old trainer who has proven himself time and time again. He has made it to the finals of the Pokemon League Tournament multiple times, but has yet to come out on top and face the Elite Four. Now, with the wisdom of his previous challenges behind him, it is time for him to revisit an old journey. For Ash will retrace his earliest steps, and take on the Indigo League in Kanto once more.
However... our story does not start with him.

"Do you have it?"
"Yes, boss." The black-suited grunt kneeled down, a glowing stone in his hand. The shadowy figure picked up the stone.
"This... is it. Heh. Who knew it was here all along...?" The shrouded man turned to the trio in front of him. "My commanders. You know what to do. Find the other fragments of the Resonance Stone and bring it to me."
"Of course, boss." the burliest of the commanders said with a grin. "If it's on the sea, it's mine."
"The land will be scoured. The fragments will be yours." a tight-wrapped ninja nodded. "My clan will leave no hiding place unchecked."
"If I can find it in the minds of the people, I will." a lady commander replied, arms crossed.
"Good. I don't regret bringing you three aboard. It's a pity Blaine left us..." The shrouded man chuckled before laughing. "People of Kanto... you will be burnt to cinders through our ignition, and society will be left in the dust as we take flight. Prepare if you can. Team Rocket takes no prisoners."

Meanwhile, on Route 1...

*Huff* *Huff* *Huff*
In the vast plains in between Viridian City and Pallet Town, a young girl raced downwards, jumping over small hills as she did. She had traveled across Kalos, then Hoenn, and that had only been the start of her travels. Now, though, she felt ready to take a break.
So why was she running?
Simple - she couldn't wait to be back with Ash! The secret love of her life, though he may not know it, and the person she wanted to travel with as much as possible. Ash had told her so many great things about Pallet Town, so she needed to see what all the talk was about. She hadn't told Ash she was coming, either, so it'd be a surprise~ If she pulled it off, of course.
Serena dashed to the end of the route, seeing the wide open fields of Pallet Town and the various houses. She looked around, smiling.
"So this is what you were talking about, Ash. You were right - it is beautiful." Serena smiled before running down towards the houses. She kept to the shadows as she went just in case Ash was outside, looking about for which house had "Ketchum" on the mailbox.
Eventually, she found it. Looking at the house, it was truly a well-made house. Lots of care had obviously been put into making it.
Serena took a deep breath, calming herself. "Here we go." she said, determined. One step forward, two steps forward, Serena made it to the top of the steps and knocked on the door.

The door opened to reveal the thirteen year old Ash Ketchum, and when he saw Serena, he was surprised.
"Serena!? Is that you? It's been so long!" He said. He sounded surprised, but happy. He felt a tad awkward, however, due to their last interaction, which was technically his first kiss. One he could never forget, even if he wanted to. He smiled, as Pikachu jumped onto his shoulder from behind
"Pika?"

Last edited:
"Oh! Uh, h-hi Ash!" Serena smiled, feeling a bit awkward as well. "I didn't tell you I was coming but... I'm all done my training to become a Pokemon Performer! Surprise...?" Serena chuckled. "So, uh... how have you been?"
Meanwhile, Serena's Sylveon popped out of its Pokeball, extending its feelers up to Pikachu happily. "Syl! Sylveon!"

Ash smiled, and said
"That's great, Serena!" He smiled, and Pikachu said
"Pika-a!" When Sylveon appeared, obviously happy at the appearance of old friends. Just then, Ash's mom appeared, and she said
"Ohhhh, is this that Serena girl you told me about?" Ash nodded, and said
"Yea! Serena, this is my mom."
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Serena, and might I say that your Sylveon is very cute?" Ash's mom said, with Mr. Mime suddenly appearing.

"O-oh, thank you Ms. Ketchum." Serena nodded, taking her hand and shaking it. "I try to keep all my Pokemon in tip-top shape for Pokemon performances of all kind!"
Sylveon purred happily, now that it was with old friends again. Suddenly, Sylveon grabbed Serena's other two Pokeballs with her feelers.
"H-huh?! Sylveon, h-hold on...!"
Sylveon opened the Pokeballs, releasing Braixen and... a Pangoro?!

Ash was surprised at the sight of a Pangoro
"Woah! Di-did Pancham evolve while you were in Hoenn, Serena?" He chuckled, and Pikachu said
"Pika-pi!" As a way to say hello to Pangoro and Braixen, and Ash smiled. Ash's mom said
"Oh my! That's one big Pangoro!" And one cute Braixen!"

"Yep! Say hello to my dancing star, Pangoro!" Serena chuckled.
"Goro!" Pangoro smiled widely, a new pair of sunglasses on his head.
"Brai!" Braixen gave a respectful curtsy to Delia, and Sylveon waved to Mr. Mime.
"Do you mind if I come inside? I think I need to sit down after all that running..." Serena asked, obviously extremely tired.

Delia smiled at Serena
"Oh course! I don't mind!" She said, a smile on her face.
"Mime!" Mr. Mime said.
"Come on in, Serena!" Ash said, a big smile on his face. He opened the door fully
"Pika-a!" Pikachu said as the door was opened, jumping down to Braixen. Ash could tell Serena was tired, as could Delia. It was that obvious that she'd run a long way.

Serena sighed happily. "Oh, thank you..." The trainer walked inside before flopping down on the living room couch. The other Pokemon came inside as well, Pangoro being careful about the door. "So, uh, Ash, are you going to be headed to a new region soon? I can't imagine you plan to stay in one place for long."

"Heh, well, actually, I've been thinking for a bit now," Ash responded, rubbing the back of his neck,
"Pika!"
"And, looking back on it, I really, really, didn't do my journey properly here in Kanto. I won a lot of badges without battling." He chuckled nervously
"Pika!" Pikachu said, chuckling, explaining that they lost the league because Charazard decided to take a nap, and which was the most embarrassing moment of the Kanto Journey.
"But yeah, I'm thinking of going around Kanto again." Ash said, chuckling.

"Another Kanto journey because you... didn't do it properly... the first time...?" Serena couldn't help but chuckle. "That's such an Ash thing to do..."
"...well..."
"...if you're really going to go around Kanto again, maybe... I could come with you?" Serena asked, looking up. "This is my first time in Kanto, and I've always wanted to know what your home region is like. There might even be some contests here! Uh, i-if you don't mind, of course..."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Alright, Eevee! Let’s go!” Tracer said to his Eevee who was on his shoulder as he left his house, 5 houses away from the Ketchums’ residence. He had once traveled around Kanto, but didn’t go quite well but was a good run. He had traveled a little bit around other regions as well as he gained more experience.

He passed by each house on the way and was going to the first route.

Ash's face lit up, he had been worried he'd have to do it with just his Pokémon for companions and no one else
"Of course I wouldn't mind, Serena!" Ash said, his face lit up.
"Pika!" Pikachu said cheerfully
"Besides, the more, the merrier, right?"

Serena's eyes sparkled, her smile widening. "Oh, perfect! It'll be some great experience, won't it, guys?" Serena looked over at her team.
Pangoro crossed its arms, nodding with a smirk. Sylveon danced happily while Braixen clapped its hands.
"I guess it's settled, then. When do you plan to leave?" Serena asked, turning back to Ash.

Ash smiled
"Actually, I was thinking off heading in a bit, unless you wanna wait a bit?" He said, a wide smile on his face
"Pika-pi!" Pikachu said cheerfully, hopping over to Serena.
"So, do you think we should wait for a bit, or go now, Serena?" Ash asked, a wide smile still on his face.

"Oh, I guess that's your choice, heh." Serena sighed. "All I need is a drink and a snack, I think I've had enough rest for the time being. How about you guys?" Serena turned to her Pokemon.
Pangoro gave a thumbs-up, while Braixen and Sylveon merely nodded.
"Then I guess we're ready to go when you are." Serena smiled.

Ash smiled, and Pikachu jumped onto his shoulder
"Alright! Let's go!" Ash said, a wide smile on his face. He picked up his bag, and said goodbye to Delia and Mr. Mime.
"Alright, time to go, Serena!" He said, before he went outside. There was a wide smile on his face
"Pika-pi!" Pikachu said cheerfully.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
I think I might want to battle someone, Tracer thought.

He then saw a person come out to outside quite near him with a Pikachu on his shoulder. Perfect, he will be my first opponent, he thought.

“Hey you, I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!” Tracer said, pointing to Ash while his Eevee went off of his shoulder.

Ash was surprised by the sudden appearance of a boy challenging him
"Woah! Okay, then!" Ash said, surprised, but happy, due to getting to battle. "Okay, I'll battle you!" Ash said after he calmed down a little. "I choose you, Pikachu!"
"Pika!" Pikachu said while jumping off of Ash's shoulder, a getting into a battle stance, emitting some electricity as he did so.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Tracer nodded, as he smirked at Eevee. “You ready, bud!? Give em’ what you got!” he said as Eevee got in to his battle position.

“Alrighty then. I’ll give you the first move on this one.” he said at Ash, readying for his first attack along with Eevee.

"W-wait, WHAT?!" Serena looked between the two, shocked. "Oh, great. Not even three steps out the front door and you're already in a battle. Good to know you're the same as ever, Ash..."
Sylveon and Pangoro cheered from the side while Braixen merely watched, interested in how things would turn out.

"Alright! Pikachu, use quick attack!" Ash said, pumping his fist.
"Pi-pi-pika!" Pikachu said as he rushed forward at lightning speeds, aiming directly at Eevee.
"Alright, Pikachu!"
"I suppose Ash never changes, does he?" Said Delia, looking at the battle next to Serena.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Jump up and dodge, and then show em’ a Covet!” Tracer said as Eevee sent some hearts around the Pikachu to get some damage in. Eevee looked right at Pikachu with a mischievous look as the hearts came in.

"Pikachu! Dodge it!" Ash shouted
"Pika!" Pikachu said as he hopped up, barely dodging.
"Alright, now use Iron tail!" Ashe shouted
"Pika!" Pikachu said as his tail turned metal. He did a small flip, and brought his tail down on Eevee.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Show em’ a real Iron Tail, Eevee!” Tracer said as Eevee dashed towards Pikachu, which then collided with Pikachu’s Iron Tail. It got knocked out a little bit after the collision, as iron debris broken from Eevee’s Iron Tail scattered around.

"Pika!" Pikachu screamed as he was sent flying back.
"Pikachu!" Ash said "Are you alright?"
"Pika!" Pikachu said, determined.
"Alright, buddy, use Thunderbolt!"
"Pika-" Pikachu began to charge thunderbolt "-Chu!" He unleashed Thunderbolt on Eevee, mid-air.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Before Tracer could command the Eevee to dodge, it got hit by the fast thunderbolt and got hit but was able to recover.

Alright, we’ve got Dig here. Let’s use it now, Tracer thought.

“Eevee, you okay there?” He asked the Eevee.

“Eve!” Eevee replied, signaling that it was okay.

“Alright, Dig, let’s do it!” Tracer said, smirking as Eevee dug underground and ran fast under the ground.

Pikachu smirked
"Alright, Pikachu, keep on the move!" Ash said, a confident smile on his face as he pumped his fist.
"Pika!" Pikachu said as he kept moving around the battlefield, making it very hard to keep track of him.
"Alright, when Eevee comes back up, use Electro ball!" Ash said
"Pika!" Pikachu said as he began to charge electricity in his tail, taking the shape of a ball.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Eevee leaped up to the launch of an Electro Ball.

“Reflect it back with Iron Tail!” Tracer commanded as Eevee launched the Electro Ball back at Pikachu with its Iron Tail. However, it sliced the Electro Ball in two balls, one of which came back and barely hit Eevee.

Pikachu dodged the second ball,
"Alright, Pikachu, use quick attack!" Ash shouted, pumping his fist
"Pi-pi-pika!" Pikachu said while charging forward at Lightning speeds, aiming to hit Eevee,
"Alright, now use thunderbolt!" Ash said after the quick attack ended.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
“Jump up and dodge the Quick Attack!” Tracer commanded as Eevee dodged the attack. Then, another Thunderbolt happened.

“Alright, now use Dig along with an Iron Tail!” he said as a Eevee went underground from the attack. After a while of digging, Eevee got its Iron Tail rolling, as it jumped up from the air and swung its Iron Tail.

Ash smirked. This was it, this was the chance to win
"Pikachu, use Iron tail!" Ash shouted
"Pika!" Pikachu said as he jumped up, slamming his tail down on Eevee after dodging the dig, aiming to knock them into the ground
"Alright!" Ash said, pumping his fist.