• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: Kanto adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Bulbasaur, go!
Basaur’s Poké Ball was thrown and he was projected away of it. He was in front of a wild Female Nidoran, and his new trainer ordered:
-Bulbasaur, use Tackle!
Basaur didn’t like weak opponents, but he wanted to show his strength. He started running and jumped to perform a Tackle, and it caused serious damage to the wild Nidoran. Then, the girl threw a Poké Ball to catch the Nidoran. But she escaped and ran away. So, Basaur heard his trainer saying that she would never complete the Pokédex. Basaur became a bit confused (but not enough to hurt itself) and then her Pidgey explained to Basaur. “Our trainer, Leaf, wants to be a Pokémon Master like the Legendary Master Red was. Her goals are to catch one specimen of every known Pokémon species, and also to get all the Gym Badges.” So, Basaur understood that he could finally battle strong opponents and travel across the land with his new Master.

Attachments

• C19689CA-C75D-4EB0-84F1-CC025B8E7311.png
    C19689CA-C75D-4EB0-84F1-CC025B8E7311.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 45
As Ventus continued sleeping, Squirtle came close to Eevee. "Squirtle-squirtle?("What are you doing?")" Said Squirtle. "Vee, eevee-vee...("I was looking for a spot near fire so I can dance to evolve. But I can't find the perfect spot. It's no use searching for a perfect spot where fire is lit, don't you think?")" Said Eevee. "Squir-squirtle...("Well, you could get burned if you're too close to fire. Wouldn't that be dangerous?")" Said Squirtle. "Eev-evee-vee...("Not to me, no. I'm actually fine with fire. Besides I want to become stronger so I can burn those who taught me wrong.")" Said Eevee.

Mitchell woke up in the middle of the night and decided that he should get going now since there is nothing to do. He walked out of the Poke Centre after getting all his stuff and headed towards Viridian Forest where he can train his Pokémon before the gym, "Alright the first gym is Rock type that is weak against Grass, Water, Ground and Steel but what if Charmander can learn a Steel type move," said Mitchell as he continued on into Viridian Forest, "Maybe I can see in the morning but for now I should camp here where I can get a better night sleep," he said as he put up a tent in a clearing of the forest. Mitchell gets ready to sleep since he feels much better sleeping in the wild unlike most others.

Before the sun rose up, Ventus woke up to the sound of Mitchell coming out of bed. He almost forgot him. "Hey, wait up!" Exclaimed Ventus in shock. He then grabbed Squirtle and then fell down onto the grass body-first. He then ran up to Mitchell "What are you doing?" Said Ventus. "You could have left me! What where you doing anyway?" Ventus didn't know an Eevee was behind him, and almost forgot Pichu.

Last edited:
"Oh sorry I just wanted to get a head start as early as I can so that I can do some training before the next gym," said Mitchell as he threw his Poke balls into the air, "Come on out Blaze and Aerial," he said as the two mentioned Pokémon came out, "Alright guys today we will be doing some training after breakfast and we won't stop until lunch and then after lunch we continue training so for now lets eat," he said as he got out some sandwiches and apples, "Here you guys go now eat up," as he began to eat his apple and ham sandwich.

"Oh..." Said Ventus. Now he knew what to do. "Squirtle, we're gonna improve your water gun move, so we see if you'll evolve into Wartortle." Said Ventus. "Squirtle?" Said Squirtle in confusion. "You know, to become strong than the rest of them!" Said Ventus. Now Squirtle remembered what he meant. Squirtle already went on a head start before Mitchell's team. "Wait! I wasn't ready yet!" Said Ventus. But Squirtle couldn't stop using water gun as he aimed all over the place. "Okay, that's enough." Said Ventus, he then looked around for Pichu. "Where's Pichu?" Said Ventus.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ok you two lets start with having a spar with each other but I will be commanding each of your moves," said Mitchell as both Blaze and Aerial got into position, "Ok start!" he exclaimed as the two charged each other, "Blaze use Ember," said Mitchell as Blaze stopped moving and shot an Ember at Aerial, "Aerial counter with Gust," as Aerial used Gust to blow back the Ember, "Blaze jump up and use Scratch and Aerial as soon as Blaze jumps dodge then Tackle," as Blaze jumped up and used Scratch but missed and Aerial used Tackle and got a direct hit making Blaze fall to the ground, "Ok you two lets stop. Now I have seen how strong you guys are we will be doing some training now," he said, "Now Blaze I know you can learn Iron Tail so we will work on that and Aerial you will be learning to use Steel Wing," Mitchell said to the Charmander and Pidgey. The day went by of having Blaze and Aerial learning Iron Tail and Steel Wing and also working on their stamina as well with Mitchell joining them in their training and both have successfully learnt the two moves, "Alright lets have a break guys and Ventus how are you with your training?" he asked as he gave both of his Pokémon some food.
Name: Mitchell
Personality: Nice, Relaxed, Brave and love to help other Pokémon.
Badges: None
Hometown: Pallet Town
Body: skinny and have some muscles
Hair length: short
Hairstyle: spiky
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Skin Colour: Light skin

— Standard Outfit —

Hat: Black and Orange sport hat
Top: Black shirt with skull on the front and blue bag
Bottom: Black ripped trousers
Shoes: White sport shoes

— Pokémon Team —

Name: Blaze
Species: Charmander
Type: Fire
Level: 12
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Scratch, Growl, Ember, Smokescreen, Iron Tail
Item: None

Name: Aerial
Species: Pidgey
Type: Normal/Flying
Level: 11
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust, Quick Attack, Steel Wing

"Well... We went off to a clumsy start..." Said Ventus as he looked at his Squirtle who was stunned after using too much speed. Voltage on the other hand looked a little scared of what happened to Squirtle. Until an Eevee came out of nowhere looking for a perfect spot. "Hey, I found an Eevee!" Said Ventus. "But I don't want to use my Pokemon in a clumsy way..." But Squirtle got back up and used Water gun on Eevee. "VEE...!("OW! What are you doing!?")" Said Eevee. "Squirtle-squirt!("Sorry. I can't let master down.")" Said Squirtle. Squirtle rapidly used water gun several times until Eevee was weakened. "Now it's my chance!" Said Ventus, and threw a Premium Ball towards Eevee. Eevee was then capsuled inside shaking until it was caught. "YES! I got an Eevee!" Said Ventus. "Your Water Gun move is improving well. I'm proud of you, Squirtle." Squirtle was so happy, but concerned about Pichu as he looked around for Pichu.

Chu had fallen asleep as Ventus and Squirtle and the Eevee left. Thank goodness for that. She didn't know when she was going to get any sleep. She woke up not long later after the dawn's rays had hit her awake. Shaking her groggy head, she could feel the circles under her eyes. That wouldn't deter her though. She needed to leave and fast. She ran off towards Viridan Forest, noticing Mitchell and Ventus were training. She watched them, before waving at the Squirtle, who seemed to be looking for something or someone.

Meanwhile, the two humans awoke from their slumber. Drake had calmed down now and left the center to go to the PokeMart to grab a few things. Before he even woke up, Natalia had gotten up and had already left and traveled to Viridian Forest. She found the two trainers and their Pokemon training and thought nothing of it. She kept walking along, hoping to find her way through without so much as an issue.

While Natalia was traveling the forest, Drake had just left the PokeMart with a lighter wallet and more PokeBalls and medicine before he head over to the forest. As he walked past the two trainers training their Pokemon, he spotted a Pichu. She seemed very familiar and asked Ventus about her. "Where did you get that Pichu over there?"

Chu heard his voice and tried to keep herself from panicking. She looked on at the trainer in false curiosity, hoping to throw him off. She quickly squeaked to Squirtle, telling him to lie to him. She didn't want him to know that was her.

Ventus then turned to the two trainers indifferent to one of the trainer's toughest team. "Uh... I don't know honestly." Said Ventus. Squirtle followed exactly what Pichu told him to do and lay down on the floor. Scared of his toughest team but not hesitating, Ventus introduced himself to the two trainers "My name's Ventus. But you can sometimes call me Ven." Said Ventus. Voltage who didn't seem too surprised with his toughest team wasn't moving at all. "So what brings you both here?" Ventus asked.

Drake was eyeing the Pichu curiously and looked back at Ventus as he introduced himself. "I am here looking for my lost Pichu. She ran away from me and I don't know why."

Chu looked at the Squirtle, clearly lying down. She told him to tell Ventus to lie to Drake, not to lie down on the ground. She smacked her forehead and sighed heavily. To give off the illusion that Chu was with Ventus, she bounded over to him and crawled up his pant leg and back to get to his shoulder.

Drake looked at Chu curiously. Was she really Ventus's Pichu? Was his Pichu not here? He thought for a moment before looking back at Ventus. "I am Drake. I came from Unova. I'm going to keep looking for her. If I figure out that she's the one," he pointed at Chu before continuing. "I'm going to be livid." He then walked off, clearly upset.

Chu didn't care one bit.

"What was that about?" Said Ventus to himself, But he didn't have time for that as he showed Mitchell his newly caught Pokemon and threw it in the air. Eevee went out of her Great Ball and was Upset at Squirtle. "Vee-vee...!("You didn't tell me your master had Poke Balls!")" Growled Eevee to make her anger very obvious towards Squirtle. Squirtle was now in trouble, he didn't know Eevee was searching for a spot.

"A wild Caterpie appeared!"
Leaf suddenly started looking at her Pokédex, while Basaur prepared to battle.
"Okay then! Bulbasaur, TACKLE!" Ordered Leaf, and Basaur proceeded to perform a tackle, but the Caterpie outspeeded Basaur with a String Shot and performed a tackle first. Basaur was damaged, but he endured the attack and performed a tackle to weaken the opponent. "It´s time for you to be caught" said Basaur in the Bulba language, and then Leaf threw a Poké Ball to catch the Caterpie. "Gotcha! Caterpie was caught!" exclaimed Leaf when it was caught. Then she used a Potion on the Caterpie and realased it out of the Poké Ball. "Wha...what... what just... happened?" asked Caterpie, and Basaur answered: "You now belong to Leaf ´s Pokémon Team". Then, the team, now with a new member, continued its travel across the Viridian Forest. Until suddenly a trainer came across their way...

Before Squirtle would hide from Eevee, he accidentally bumped into a Bulbasur in the middle of a forest before he mistakenly stepped on a Pikachu's tail. "Squirtle...("Oops...")" Said Squirtle. Ventus then picked up Squirtle from ground and apologies to the girl and the Pikachu. He didn't know they were both here. "Eevee, that was very wrong of you." Said Ventus. "You should be ashamed of yourself." Ventus was disappointed in Eevee for growling at his buddy. Now Eevee is dismayed as well, and did the same apology to Squirtle.

“No problems” said Leaf. She explained that she was heading to Pewter City to challenge Brock and get the Boulder Badge. While Leaf was talking, Basaur looked at Squirtle and Eevee. They looked like strong opponents. So, Basaur exclaimed: “Bulb Basaur Bulba Saur Basaur” (Let’s battle!), and somehow Leaf understood that her Bulbasaur wanted to fight, and challenged the trainer to a Pokémon Battle.

"Another Pokemon battle? Count me in!" Said Ventus. "Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wia!" He then send in Eevee into the battle field. "Three Pokemon is all I have. But once they're grown, we'll be like kings of friendship." Said Ventus. "Eevee, use Tackle!" Eevee then used Tackle to aim towards Bulbasaur.

"This could be interesting," said Mitchell as he stood on the sidelines along with Blaze and Aerial, "Char!("Aw man how come they get to fight first!")" said Blaze, "Pidgey!("Yeah how come!")" said Aerial, "Look I know you want to battle them but I want to see how strong Leaf's Pokémon are," he said as he saw Eevee use tackle against Bulbasaur but knew that Leaf had something up her sleeve or he maybe wrong on that part.

— Standard Outfit —

— Pokémon Team —

"Come on, team!" Said Ventus. "Let's show her that we're stronger than what tough people think! Eevee, use tackle again!" Eevee was trying to use a fire move but failed and used tackle on Bulbasaur again. "Once we're tough enough, we'll help innocent lives and fight crime for the greater good... That is our dream..." Said Ventus.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name/species: Riolu
Wild
Why it's in kanto?: it was abandoned there when he was an egg
he's really young, so he'll go look at everything with curiosity

Riolu was walking around the route, he noticed a pokemon battle, he hid in a bush where he watched the fight. Sadly, he stepped on a stick wich made much noise .

Name: Hanako Fujumoto
Hometown: Vermillion City
Appearance: Hanako is small for her age, coming in at 4 ft 11 inches. She wears a red and white kimono with a Magikarp patch sown onto one of the sleeves. She has black hair that comes down to her neck, and has blue eyes. Two Pokeballs dangle from her waist. Hanako is also rather small musculature wise, and is kind of pale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the sun rose and shined onto Hanako's face, the dark-haired girl slowly rose from her slumber. Letting out a yawn, Hanako stretched and slowly looked around. She had fallen asleep in her clothes and under a tree, not having been able to make it to the Pokemon Center the night before. Luckily, the night hadn't been that cold and it hadn't rained.

The snap of a branch caught Hanako's attention, and the girl looked over to see a rather unusual sight. A small, blue, bipedal Pokemon stood crouched behind a bush not too far away. It appeared similar to that strong fighting type Pokemon she had seen on TV, a Lucario? But this was smaller. A pre-evolution?
"Well good morning." Hanako said to the Riolu.

Meanwhile, Ventus was waiting for Leaf's next big move. "Seems you're tough, aren't you?" Said Ventus. "Make your move, and we'll see what you've got. Careful..." Eager to prepare Eevee to dodge, Ventus stands on his ground with Eevee.

Dead account

"Rio rio rio!" The pokemon happily said. In response to the hello he got, he turned to the fight once he was done. He happily watched the fight, sometimes imitating what happened.

Mitchell heard the snap along with Blaze and Aerial, "Hey who is out there?" asked Mitchell, "Don't worry I wont hurt you," he said trying to get who ever it is to come out, "Char-Charmander!("Yeah it is ok plus if your a Pokémon then there is no need to worry!")" Blaze said with Aerial agreeing with him.

— Standard Outfit —

— Pokémon Team —

Dead account

Finally, with two seconds of thinking, the Riolu ran out towards charmander "rio rio!" ("hello!") he said to the fire pokemon, sitting down to look at whatever was happening here, because it's fun! He restarted his imitation of what was happening, but sat down. Glancing at both trainers and the pokemon.

Mitchell was surprised to see a Riolu here but then heard a painful cry on a nearby rock and went to check it out. As he got closer he saw a bundle of fur on top of the rock and got a bit closer and saw it was a Vulpix with lots of injurys on it, "Ok don't worry little guy I will make sure you'll be all healed and rested," he said as gently grabbed the Vulpix and put it in his arms making sure it is still asleep and taking it back with him to camp where he saw Aerial talking with Riolu but decided to heal the Vulpix first and got out a first aid kit and started to fix up Vulpix. With Aerial she is trying to talk with the Riolu that came out, "Pidgey?("So what's your name Riolu and why are you out here?")" asked Aerial.

Meanwhile, Ventus was waiting for Leaf's next big move. "Seems you're tough, aren't you?" Said Ventus. "Make your move, and we'll see what you've got. Careful..." Eager to prepare Eevee to dodge, Ventus stands on his ground with Eevee.
Basaur was damaged by Eevee’s tackle, but not enough to faint. “That’s all you got?” asked Basaur. “Okay then Bulbasaur, use Leech Seed!” Ordered Leaf, and Basaur suddenly threw a seed to the opposing Eevee.

Dead account

"rio?" ("name? what is that?") the small pokemon asked curiously, he questioned it "rio rio!" ("i wake up here!") he then said, responding to the second question Aerial asked him "rio rio" ("i in egg, then i wake up!")

At the instant, Ventus heard Leaf use Leech seed and told Eevee to dodge every last projectile in her way. "You've got some nerve..." Said Ventus. "But enough nerve to try this! Eevee, use-?" But Eevee mustered all of her strength and ember on Bulbasaur. "Ember?" Said Ventus to himself.

After staying in the Pokemon Center for the night, Francis continued his journey to Viridian Forest. He battled some wild Weedles and Caterpies here and there until he eventually found two trainers, one using an Eevee and the other using a Bulbasaur. The Eevee he saw was using what seems to be ember so he thought to himself, "How can Eevee use ember?".

He then continued to observe the match.

Basaur was seriously injured by Eevee´s attacks (and burned from the embers), he could not continue the fight. But he concentrated all its energy to perform a final Take Down on the opposing Eevee. The attack landed, and Basaur was hurt with recoil. Before fainting, he said to his Trainer: "Bas... aur... bulb saur-basaur..." (Master, send out Pidgey...) and he fainted. Leaf, once again, understood what her Pokémon was trying to say. "Return, Bulbasaur", exclaimed Leaf when she returned Basaur to the Poké Ball, and then she sent out Pidgey to the battle. Meanwhile, inside his Poké Ball, Basaur was counting on his friend Pidgey to win that fight.

Eevee was injured by Bulbasaur's attacks in the process, but Ventus told Eevee to return and send out Voltage the Shinx onto the battlefield. Voltage's intimidation soon caught Leaf's Pidgey off guard by lowering it's attack stats harshly. "I didn't know Eevee was gonna use Ember, but that doesn't matter. I only got an electric type to even the odds." Said Ventus.

"Okay Pidgey, Sand Attack!" Ordered Leaf, and Pidgey began kicking sand to the opposing Shinx to lower its accuracy. "Now used Gust and then Quick Attack!" Ordered Leaf. Pidgey sent out a gust of wind to the opposing Shinx, and to finish the combination he performed a Quick Attack.

"We don't need our accuracy to win this fight..." Said Ventus. "Voltage, use Spark!" Voltage began to use spark on Leaf's Pidgey. "We'll win this fight!" Said Ventus. "We can win this one with flying colors!"

"It´s super effective!" Pidgey got really weakened, but he still was able to fight. "This is not over yet! As Gym Leader Falkner from Johto says, WE CAN STILL FLY! Pidgey, use our secret move!" Exclaimed Leaf. Pidgey suddenly began to fly up high.

"Wow. You got guts." Said Ventus. "But it won't be safe if it doesn't connect from above... Voltage jump on to one of the trees, then use Spark again!" Voltage jumped from the ground and climbed up the trees to get a perfect view, then he used Spark again on Pidgey from above and on sight. "Shinx-shinx...("Sorry, Pidgey. But I'm bound to take heights!")"

Francis watched in amazement as the Shinx tried to chase the flying Pidgey.
"Will the spark reach?,"
"I wonder who will be the winner of this battle will be..."

ADMIN EDIT: RP forum posts must be in past tense, not present tense.

Hanako watched as the Riolu ran off, watching the nearby Pokemon battle and mimicking the moves. How cute, Hanako couldn't help but to smile. The small fighting type seemed to approach and talk to the Pokemon of a spikey brown haired boy. His trainer, perhaps? Hanako watched the battle a moment longer before standing up and brushing the dirt off her clothes. As fun as that battle looked, Hanako had to get to Pewter City. She began to walk down the trail in Viridian Forest by herself.

As she left the sights and sounds of battling trainers behind her, Hanako began to feel, well... A little more nervous. The dense canopy cast a majority of the trail in shadow, with beams of sunlight piecing through every few feet. It was a rather pretty sight, but the 13 year old girl still felt nervous. Unlike when she had hiked through Diglett Tunnel, this was her first time in this area. The sounds of bug Pokemon sent shivers down the girl's spine, and she suddenly stopped. Ahead, the trail was becoming overgrown. It was covered in tall grass, a perfect hiding place for Pokemon. Hanako rubbed her hands nervously. Was this really the only way towards Pewter City? She couldn't turn back now, going through Diglett Tunnel would take way too long!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Zark on a bike. Okay, looks like I'm going to have to stop you all right here and collectively remind all of you to read the rules.

Posts in the RP forums must be third person, past tense (none of that present tense or worse, future tense crap - "would" is a patently nonsensical tense to RP in), story format, and be at least one paragraph long. There's an awful lot of fucking up of tenses here, multiple one-liners, and this is just not on.

Neither is all the autoing. Forcing a hit is still autoing. Controlling someone else's character in any way without their express permission is autoing. Some of you have been doing this in multiple threads, and no, that's still not okay. Remember - it's not up to you if your attack or ability or whatever affects another person's character - that's up to that person.

Some system warnings were issued for this, some edits were made to a few posts, but please be more mindful of this or I'll be forced to take on more drastic measures as some of you are repeat offenders and I am getting immensely tired seeing your names in the report queue over and over.

Last edited:
"Pidgey!("A name is what you call yourself and you hatched here from an egg!")" Aerial said surprised that someone would abandon an egg. With Mitchell he saw Voltage use Sparks at the Pidgey but continued working on the Vulpix. After he was done he sat down beside Blaze, Aerial and the Riolu with the Vulpix still in his arms and started to give it gentle pats and scratches around the ears.

The Spark landed on Pidgey before he could use Fly. It was super effective, and he fell on the ground. "Come back Pidgey, Go Caterpie!" Ordered Leaf. She knew that her Caterpie was just level 4, but she trusted her (the Caterpie). She was the last hope to win that battle. "Caterpie, String Shot!" Exclaimed Leaf, and Caterpie immediately began shooting strings, trying to lower the opponent Shinx´s speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.