• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Kalos Journey

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Time to lay down some ground rules before I describe the role-play. Regular role-play rules the staff has greatly provided. If people forget I think the ones we should remember is no "OVER 9000!" Pokemon. Also no legends, that's basically it.
There can be crushed and romance just don't go past making out.

One group of friends on journey to be the champion (trainer) or the queen of Kalos (coordinator). But little does the group know there's an evil organization working behind the scenes, following their every move (team flare). To start of the journey the professor of the lab isn't what he looks to be. The leader organization leader Lysandre will be the professor handing your start unharmed and not controlled. Team Flare will try to tame legendary Pokemon when we're down the line (Yes I know we need permission so I will ask when the time comes). Will our heroes defeat Team Flare we'll have to find out.

Sign up/Discussion board: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-kalos-journey-discussion-board.18259/

Last edited:

JPSomeone

Kyle got off the airplane and took a deep breath then let's it out. "Treecko we're in Kalos!" Kyle said excitedly. He ran out of the airport and to the Professor's lab. The lab was huge by means. He walked inside to fancy things and the professor starters.

"Welcome young man how may I help you?" The professor said.

"I need pokeball and a Pokedex please" Kyle said. The professor waved his hand for him to follow. Kyle was took a table where a red Pokedex and 5pokeballs were put out for him. He taken them then realized treecko had went to play with the other starts. "Treecko time to go, bye guys, and thanks so much!" Kyle said as treecko climbed to onto his shoulder and they left for the first gym.

Shade ran off the airplane, almost tripping as he ran past multiple people. "Sorry!" Shade ran to the lab. He looked up at the huge building in awe. He was out of breath as he reached the professor.

The professor turned around from his work. "Ah wonderful, another young man, how may I help you?"

Out of breath, Shade took a deep breath, then said "I'd like to pick a starter, and a Pokedex and Pokeball's might help." The professor smiled and showed Shade three Pokeball's on a table. "These are the starters. Froakie, Chespin, and Fennekin." He sent all three of them out of their Pokeball's. "Uhh... I'll think I'll take... This one!" He picked up Froakie in his arms. "Froak." it said, as Shade took the Pokeball and returned him, into it. Shade grabbed the Pokedex and Pokeball's from the professor before rushing out the door, with a Pokeball at his waist.

Beau casually walked off the plane, stretching her arms, not wanting to hurry as fast as some would. She was wearing her occasional blue t shirt and green pants. She wanted to see the sights, enjoy being here while she could. She passed by a few buildings, before reaching the professor's lab. She slowly walked up to the professor and he gave her a look, and then brought out a table with three small pokeballs on it. She sent out the first one, which was a Fennekin. She then knelled down to pet the Fenniken's small head. "Fenni! Fen!" The small fox cried out, and Beau picked it up. "May I choose this one..?" "Of course. Here. This is a Pokedex. It records the data of every Pokemon you catch. And here are some Pokeballs for catching Pokemon." Beau took the items, putting them in her bag. "And please..if you could..take care of this Pokemon. I'm afraid I can't take care of it." "Yes sir. I'll take good care of it." The professor gave her a Pokeball and Beau took it, waving before leaving the proffessor's lab.

SaiyanDakon

Previously UnovaTrainerGlacier
Glacier was running fast from the shipyard. He already made it past a few of the other towns until he finally made it to the gate of Lumious City. "We're here...We finally made it!" Glacier called out, smiling down at his two Pokeballs. They rattled and shook until the Pokemon in them appeared out of them. Zorua and Oshawott looked up at Glacier as he began to walk out. While being in Lumious City, he noticed a few other things that were similar to his home in Unova. "Its just like Black City...combined with Opleciud City..." He muttered as Glacier made it to the Professor's Lab. Walking in, he smiled brightly. "Hello? Professor, are you here?" Glacier asked as he saw a girl accepting a Fenniken and a Pokedex.

JPSomeone

Kyle was wandering around the area. He realized a few minutes after that he didn't know where was going. Treecko crawled into his hat and fell asleep. That was a relief someone was calm. "Does anyone have a map?" Kyle asked.

Shade walked out of the Pokemon Center after getting a map, all of a sudden, Shade ran into a kid with a Treecko. "Sorry!" Shade said before asking the kid his name, with his map in hand.

JPSomeone

"It's ok" Kyle said. He put his hand out. "Name's Kyle, you are?" Kyle said with a smile. As he said that he saw that map in hand so he knew they could journey together maybe.

Beau had a look at the boy and his Pokemon before leaving, and then looked at the Pokeball that the professor had given her. She threw the Pokeball, and a small Popplio was released onto the side walk. "Popplio!" Beau smiled at it, and picked it up, along with Fenniken, and placed them on her shoulders. She saw the two out by the Pokemon Center, and decided to start walking towards them. " Maybe they'll be at least someone easier to talk to than the people on the plane..."

Last edited:
"Shade." he said with a smile. "Nice to meet ya." Shade still clenching the map, trying not to let it go. Froakie jumped onto Shade's shoulder, as Shade shaked hands with Kyle.

Beau continued walking towards the two boys, her new companion Popplio nudging her neck with it's nose. Fenniken was wagging it's fluffy tail, and cried out in happiness. "Fen!" Beau's Popplio looked at Fenniken, and tried to mimic the way it cried. "Pop!"

JPSomeone

Kyle was about to ask Shade to join him on his journey but he heard a sound. He turned around to see a girl with her fennekin and popplio. "Hi there." Kyle said with a smile. Now no map.

Shade turned to notice the girl walking towards them "Hello there!" he said in a kind of cheery tone. Froakie jumped off of Shade to go and see Fennekin, a friend he had when he was in the lab. "Froak!" Froakie was happy to see Fennekin again.

Beau looked at the two Pokemon. "Quiet down you two. Your gonna scare people off with how silly you are- Oh hey!" Beau then focused on the two boys, and Fennekin jumped off of her shoulder to see Froakie. "Fenn! Fenniken!"

"My name's Shade, and this is Kyle, I just met him, I've already decided too, I'm going to be both your friends!" Shade said smiling, even though this routine usually would make people back away and run.

JPSomeone

Kyle took of his hat ever so slightly for treecko to hop out and say hello to the other Pokemon. Treecko went to play with the other pokemon. Kyle however had to strike up a conversation. "So um... Are you guys trainers or Coordinator?" Kyle asked.

"Trainer for me, I've always wanted to be." Shade responded, before waiting for the girl to answer. Froakie jumped about, before leaping back onto Shade's shoulder.

"..I'm a Coordinator...Oh, and my name's Beau." Beau had been silent for a moment, but shook out of the small daze. Fenniken barked for Popplio to come down to play, so Popplio jumped off her other shoulder.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier had accepted the Pokedex and the 4 Pokeballs from the professor and smiled, thanking him. He left to go to the Pokemon Center, where he saw the trainer before with the Fenniken, a trainer with a Treecko. and another trainer with a Froakie. "Greetings all! I am Glacier from Iccuris City in the Unova Region, and these two Pokemon are my partners: Zorua and Oshawott." He introduced himself.

JPSomeone

"That's not how you greet someone but it's an A in my book" Kyle said while laughing. Treecko was running around all the other starts playing while Kyle tried to start a conversation. It sounded easier than it looked. "That's Shade and the girl Beau and I'm Kyle, my partner is treecko." Kyle said with a smile.

Beau waved a bit, and Fenniken and Popplio stopped to say hi to the new Pokemon that had arrived. "Nice to meet you, Glacier." Beau gazed over after saying that to see her Pokemon both bark for a hello. "Fenniken!" "Popplio!" Both of the Pokemon had seemed to like all the others, which was good in Beau's mind.

JPSomeone

"So um... Do you guys wanna travel together?" Kyle asked. Treecko had climbed onto Kyle's shoulder by this moment. The way he asked the question mattered but over all he thought it was ok. After that treecko Pat his shoulder like it's ok. (xD)

SaiyanDakon

"Sure...you guys competing in the Kalos League?" Glacier asked, grinning and becoming intrigued with his new friends. Oshawott looked at Kyle's Treecko and greeted it. Zorua, however, stayed close to Glacier's side and watched the other trainers and Pokemon closely.

"Okay....And no, I'm taking the Coordinator's route.." Beau spoke, even though she said herself she would venture out on her own. Beau had never been one for groups, but she figured it would be a good chance to try it out.

JPSomeone

"Ayyyyee now we have a squad!" Kyle said happily. As he said that he put on thug life glasses. Then started to walk again and then yet he realized he had no map. "Anyone got a map?" Kyle asked. (I don't think the other girl is going to rp kinda sad)

SaiyanDakon

"Uh...the only maps I carry are for Unova and Johto. Sorry, Kyle." Glacier said apologetically. Zorua peeked her head out from behind Glacier and tilted her head at Kyle while Oshawott was trying to get Treecko's attention.

Beau strayed away at the back, her Fenniken and Popplio having their eyes closed as if tired from all the excitement. She had wondered if her Mother, Father, and sisters were doing fine. She figured she could call them at the next Pokemon Center they came across.

JPSomeone

Kyle took the map. He made it look like he was trying to decipher a bomb.the moment he took the he was already holding map upside down tapping it. "This looks like a new technology hold it work." Kyle said as he turned it side ways.

SaiyanDakon

Glacier chuckled lightly and smiled. "I'm new to Kalos but I heard it has some history, right?" He asked. Oshawott frowned and retreated back to Glacier's side while Zorua fired a small Shadow Ball at Shade.

Beau was falling behind, slowly trudging, looking at everything in close detail as they passed. "Wow...So beautiful.." Her Fenniken had woken up, looking around as well. "Fen...."

"Yea, at least from what I've heard. Something about a war taking place hundreds if not a thousand years ago." Shade said, taking the tiny shadow ball like a champ.

JPSomeone

"Oh... (XD)" Kyle said as turned the map the right way and started walking. Listening to the others conversation he couldn't stop himself from saying something. "What about the latest crisis including that kid that had a special bond with his greninja surpassing mega evolution." Kyle said. He couldn't stop thinking about the last Kalos championship.

"Oh yeah I heard about that, they're calling 'Ash's Greninja' or something like that, I don't care for it too much though. My Froakie will outclass him one day." Shade said with confidence.

"Ya know, you might not become great. You don't know." Beau suddenly spoke up, looking at her feet as they hit the ground back and forth. "Ash Greninja might still be better. A bond between Pokemon and Human is a precious thing, and should not be taken for granted. If you love your Pokemon, and it loves you..that's the kind of bond I bet formed Ash Greninja. It's something to think about. Will you and your Froakie ever become so close..?"

"I don't know, but it's my goal, I wanted to beat the league with my friends, and as far as I heard the trainer left his Greninja. Last I heard they were in Alola." Shade had hesitated, before going listening again.

" Of course, but not every goal can be accomplished. And before you say, 'But nothing is impossible', There's a kick. You don't expect to catch Arceus in a pokeball, do you? You don't expect to defeat everyone with just a level 5 Froakie, do you?" Beau ignored him, bluntly. She had gone on about the part of sentence. 'But it's my goal'.