• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Journeys: The Series Broadcast Details Confirmed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
S23_Key_Art_Horizontal_EN.jpg

It has been confirmed that the latest dub series of the Pokémon anime will be known as Pokémon Journeys: The Series. As well as releasing an official trailer, broadcast details for the show have also been confirmed. You can check out the trailer below:

In the US the series has been picked up by Netflix, where the first 12 episodes will be released on the 12th of June. After that new episodes will be added quarterly. If you're in Canada the series will be aired on TELETOON starting on the 9th of May.

Pokémon fans in the UK will be able to watch the series starting in September, but a "sneak peak" (which is presumably the first episode or two) will broadcast on the 25th of May.

Pokémon Journeys: The Series follows the Adventures of Ash and Pikachu as the they travel the Pokémon world with new companion Goh. As Ash continues to work toward his goal of becoming a Pokémon Master, Goh dreams of catching them all in pursuit of mysterious Pokémon Mew.

The series began broadcast in Japan in 2019 following the release of Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield and is up to 22 episodes so far. However, the anime has been put on hold because of the Coronavirus which may have an impact on the dub further down the line depending on how long it's off air.

Im excited for Pokemon Journeys. However I do miss the Original and Advanced Gens of Pokemon as they are my favourite especially because of the Battle Frontier ; which is the best Pokemon season in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoyed XY and SM, and I'm glad they have been changing up the formula but sooner or later I wish we could get a Pokemon Anime similar to DP and Advanced.