• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed POKÉMON: JOURNEY THROUGH THE PETOSA REGION {DISCUSSION}

The Petosa region is a small, thin region covered in forests and meadows, with many flowers blooning throughout. There are no mountains, but many tunnels and caves. Its inhabitants are mainly migrants from other regions. There is a river running through the middle, which can be crossed over Tokaido Bridge. The professor who resides there is Professor Acacia, a female professor who is also an Eevee breeder, and gives Eevees to the trainers that come by.

Blossom Village- the village where professor Acacia lives. A trainer must come here to recieve their starting Eevee.

Bluemoon Forest- a forest that many flying, grass and bug-types live, that leads the way to Lakita City

Lakita City- A town where James the Normal-Type gym leader resides.

Route 1
- a route surrounded by a coastline, where many water types, fighting types and ground types reside.

Lake Seta- Water-types and Dragon-types live here. It must be traversed by boat.

Naruka City- A city where the Electric-Type gym leader Samantha resides. Electric-types can be found here.

Fairytree Meadow
- Covered in glowing pink flowers. Fairy types can be found here.

Saratika City- A city where the Grass-Type gym leader Riley resides.

Glasswall Tunnel- a cave-like tunnel curiously covered all over in ice. Ice-types and Fairy-types can be found here.

Fortunia City- A city where the Fire-Type gym leader Silas resides. Fire-Types can be found here. Known for its fortune-tellers and psychics.

Flightfaller Meadow- A meadow where many Flying-Types make their nests.

Dayikura City- A city where the Dark-Type gym leader Peri resides.

Ruins of Soul- Ruins where Ghost- and Dark-Types can be found.

Spartaka City- A city where the Ghost-Type gym leader Henry resides. The biggest city in Petosa.

Burnflower Forest- A forest where Grass- and Fire-Types reside. The trees have become resistant to flame.

Twister Rock
- A structure where Dragon-Types can be found.

Tarika City- A city where the Dragon-Type gym leader Garnedelia resides.

Bluebloom Meadow
- Normal-Types, Fairy-Types and Water-Types are found in this meadow where blue flowers and pretty pools are found.

Cleavepath River- A lake that splits the region in two. Feebas, Magikarp and Goldeen are abundant.

Tokaido Bridge- A bridge from which you can see all of Petosa. Flying-Types like to swoop on trainers here.

Faetira City- A city where Tama, the Fairy-Type gym leader, resides. Faetira has a famous theme park inspired by the one in Nimbasa City.

Beyond Faetira is Ranna meadow, where every type of Pokemon can be found. The Pokemon league is at the far end of Ranna Meadow.

ELITE FOUR:

Somnus, Steel-Type

Lyra, Ice-Type

Scarlet, Flying-Type

Damion, Water-Type

CHAMPION:

MUSA

Hydreigon
Gardevoir
Blastoise
Florges
Mimikyu
Porygon2

Natural disasters, like tornadoes, hurricanes and earthquakes are frequent, and no-one knows why. Even if it is dangerous, five Eevees are being given away by Professor Acacia in Blossom Village, for five lucky trainers who come by.

- NO POWER PLAYING!!!!
- NO GODMODDING!!!!
- Romance: Allowed, but don’t go too far, if you know what I mean ;).
- NO MORE THAN ONE SHINY ON EACH TEAM, STARTERS ARE SHINY-LOCKED!!
- ABSOLUTELY NO MARY SUES, IF YOU ARE I WILL KICK YOU!!!
- Your character can come from any region, as long as you explain how they came to Petosa and, by association, Blossom Village.
- Your character must range in the ages of 10-15.
- There 4 Eevees available, first come first served
- Posts must have at least 3 lines, unless it is virtually impossible.
- If you have read these rules, somewhere in your post, type JAPANESE DIJON.
- Limit of four characters, a maximum of one character per person.
- Don’t make your backstory overly sad and unrealistic. If it makes me cry, it's too sad.
- Make sure you tell me the starters name and gender in your bio.

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:
Starter Info:

1: TAKEN
2: TAKEN
3: TAKEN
4: TAKEN
5: TAKEN

Name: Bailey Palmer (played by @tokyomustard)
Personality: Bailey is impatient, hasty and easily angered and always goes out of her way to complete things he has started. She is energetic and never stops moving, and often bumps into people. She can appear rather mean-spirited and egotistical, but is generally a nice person. She is determined, strong-willed, loyal, caring and kindhearted, however is also extremely impatient, reckless, egotistical, short-tempered and loud. She runs everywhere she goes, but can be mellow if appropriate. She has abnormally good stamina, meaning she never gets out of breath no matter how long she runs for.
Appearance: Bailey is a rather skimpy but athletic girl. She has very sharp canines, and wears a scarf with a tear in it. She also has vibrant orange eyes, and when she smiles, said eyes sparkle. She has messy blonde hair and her parting is all over the place.
History: She was originally born in Petosa's Blossom Village but her parents hail from Sinnoh. She had a fairly mellow childhood, though didn't make many friends due to her overbearing personality that repelled many.
Dislikes: being told what to do, having her flaws pointed out, falling over, slow people
Starter Info: Male Eevee, named Floof. Floof is cynical and balances out Bailey's vociferous and overbearing presence.

Name: Dakota Revel (played by @Senrova)
Personality: Dakota often likes to speak her mind and tends to be quite assertive. She can be quite stubborn and refuses help from others. Despite this, she is sometimes willing to help others and prove she's someone noteworthy. Dakota hates to leave anything unresolved and is very determined in getting things done.
Appearance:
(see application below)
History: (I came up with this on the spot, I hope it's plausible but feel free to tell me otherwise) Dakota was born in Kalos with a mother (former coordinator) and father (breeder). Just before her tenth birthday, her parents decided to move to the Petosa region. They believed she wasn't ready for a starter yet and they had always been quite protective. Her mother had taught her how to be a Pokémon coordinator but Dakota always felt it wasn't for her. It was when she was 14 that her mother decided she was ready and has been expected to turn out as a top coordinator. Dakota has always wanted to find out what else she could be rather than a coordinator and is unclear of her main goal.
• Exploration/Physical activity
• Japanese Dijon
• Sunny days/Summer
• Trees and wildlife
• Praise
Dislikes:
• Cold weather
• Bug-types
• The dark (has a fear of the dark lmao)
• Children
• Big guys
Starter Info:
Eevee ☆ Drewton ☆ Male
Moveset
Ability: Adaptability
Bite • Tackle • Growl • Sand Attack
Drewton, or Drew for short, is quite playful and very loyal. He does whatever he can to help out his trainer. Drew can be a sensitive fella and tends to cry a little when he gets hurt.

Name: Dylan Harris (played by @ThatOnePerson)
Personality: He is a shy, carefree kid who loves Pokémon. He never really appreciated how some people treat Pokémon. When he sees someone treat Pokémon rudely, he is outraged.
Appearance: He is a pale kid with green eyes and blue hair. He wears a red hoodie and blue jeans. He has red shoes and wears a black fedora around everywhere. His height is 3’2”.
History: He lived in the forest with his father and always hanged out with the Pokémon that live in the forest with them. He always had a thing for grass types and poison types. The reason was that he saw a lot of these Pokémon in those types.
Likes: He loves sweets and grass types. He also loves poison types. He also likes making new friends
Dislikes: He hates it when people mistreat Pokémon. He also hates bullies.
Starter info:
Starter: Eevee
Nickname: N/A
Primary moves: Quick attack, Tackle, TBD
Personality: Eevee is stubborn, as well as annoying. However, later on Eevee will become more nice. Eevee will have a crush on any girl Pokémon. However, when another Pokémon likes the girl Pokémon he is trying to charm, he gets jealous.

Name: Jacob “Ja’Crispy” Stratto (@StormingCobra55)
Personality: Jacob is a fun-loving boy who is very friendly towards other people. He rarely gets angry, but when he does, whoever is at fault is in for a world of pain. He sometimes likes to play pranks on his friends, but only on occasions.
Appearance: Jacob has jet black hair, and blue eyes. He stands at 5”4, and wears a red shirt and blue pants.
History: Jacob was born in the Sinnoh Region to Michael and Lisa Stratto. He was raised in Sinnoh his whole life, and has an older brother named Ralph. He decided to begin his adventure as a trainer in Petosa, where he received Eevee. He got there via his father’s helicopter, and landed in Blossom Village, where he got his starter Pokémon, Eevee.
Likes: Being called Ja’Crispy (but only by close friends), pranks, his family, his Eevee, waffles, popcorn, and Japanese Dijons.
Dislikes: Evil organizations (such as Rocket, Skull, Plasma, etc.), people who steal other peoples’ Pokémon, snakes, floods, and vegetables.
Starter Info: His starter is a Male Eevee, non-shiny, named Jaxon. It currently knows Bite, Tackle, Tail Whip, and Baby-Doll Eyes, and has the ability Adaptability.

Name: Freed Teller (played by @Mr.Glaceon)
Personality: Freed is that kid who knows everything without trying, able to assume most things correctly. He is a nice kid, often able to become friends with most people, but has a slightly evil side that shows when battling, where strategy goes into play in overtime.
Appearance:Freed has longish brown hair. He also has dark green eyes and a pair of sunglasses covering them often enough. Freed mainly wears a long coat dragging to his knees, and a pair of jean shorts.
History: Freed was born into a long line of trainers, being taught most everything about pokemon at an early age. His partner, an Eevee named Raid, was his best friend at the time. When Freed was given the chance for his own journey, he chose Pestosa because none of his predecessors ever went there.
Likes: Strategy, Straight and congruent shapes, Raid, and Chocolate cake.
Dislikes: Carrots, crooked lines, @$#%&%s, and seeing Raid faint.
Starter Info: An Eevee named Raid, female, moveset: Quick Attack, Bite, Iron Tail, Covet. Ability: Anticipation. Will evolve into an Umbreon.

Last edited:
Name: Dakota Revel
Personality: Dakota often likes to speak her mind and tends to be quite assertive. She can be quite stubborn and refuses help from others. Despite this, she is sometimes willing to help others and prove she's someone noteworthy. Dakota hates to leave anything unresolved and is very determined in getting things done.
Appearance:
1522068290744.png

(For some reason, people think she looks like a boi and I'm not sure why •~• I mean, she has bewbs and all >_>)
History: (I came up with this on the spot, I hope it's plausible but feel free to tell me otherwise) Dakota was born in Kalos with a mother (former coordinator) and father (breeder). Just before her tenth birthday, her parents decided to move to the Petosa region. They believed she wasn't ready for a starter yet and they had always been quite protective. Her mother had taught her how to be a Pokémon coordinator but Dakota always felt it wasn't for her. It was when she was 14 that her mother decided she was ready and has been expected to turn out as a top coordinator. Dakota has always wanted to find out what else she could be rather than a coordinator and is unclear of her main goal.
• Exploration/Physical activity
• Japanese Dijon
• Sunny days/Summer
• Trees and wildlife
• Praise
Dislikes:
• Cold weather
• Bug-types
• The dark (has a fear of the dark lmao)
• Children
• Big guys
Pokémon :
Eevee (Starter) ☆ DrewtonMale
Moveset
Ability: Adaptability
Bite • Tackle • Growl • Sand Attack

Drewton, or Drew for short, is quite playful and very loyal. He does whatever he can to help out his trainer. Drew can be a sensitive fella and tends to cry a little when he gets hurt.

StarlyCodiMale
Moveset
Ability: Reckless
Wing Attack
TackleQuick AttackGrowl
Codi manages to stay calm in most situations but can be a bit of a show off sometimes. He tends to look down on others and prefers to think he is stronger than others.
Fun fact: I have been developing this character since 2015 :0
(Also Bailey kind of sounds like Barry because she's always bumping into people and such hehe ;D)

Last edited:

ThatWeirdOne

Previously ThatOnePerson
I’m lazy so I’ma just make a character sheet on this

Name: Dylan Harris
Personality: He is a shy, carefree kid who loves Pokémon. He never really appreciated how some people treat Pokémon. When he sees someone treat Pokémon rudely, he is outraged.
Appearance: He is a pale kid with green eyes and blue hair. He wears a red hoodie and blue jeans. He has red shoes and wears a black fedora around everywhere. His height is 3’2”.
History: He lived in the forest with his father and always hanged out with the Pokémon that live in the forest with them. He always had a thing for grass types and poison types. The reason was that he saw a lot of these Pokémon in those types.
Likes: He loves sweets and grass types. He also loves poison types. He also likes making new friends
Dislikes: He hates it when people mistreat Pokémon. He also hates bullies.
Starter info:
Starter: Eevee
Nickname: N/A
Primary moves: Quick attack, Tackle, TBD
Personality: Eevee is stubborn, as well as annoying. However, later on Eevee will become more nice. Eevee will have a crush on any girl Pokémon. However, when another Pokémon likes the girl Pokémon he is trying to charm, he gets jealous.

I’m definitely joining. My bio is in the spoiler below.

Name: Jacob “Ja’Crispy” Stratto
Personality: Jacob is a fun-loving boy who is very friendly towards other people. He rarely gets angry, but when he does, whoever is at fault is in for a world of pain. He sometimes likes to play pranks on his friends, but only on occasions.
Appearance: Jacob has jet black hair, and blue eyes. He stands at 5”4, and wears a red shirt and blue pants.
History: Jacob was born in the Sinnoh Region to Michael and Lisa Stratto. He was raised in Sinnoh his whole life, and has an older brother named Ralph. He decided to begin his adventure as a trainer in Petosa, where he received Eevee. He got there via his father’s helicopter, and landed in Blossom Village, where he got his starter Pokémon, Eevee.
Likes: Being called Ja’Crispy (but only by close friends), pranks, his family, his Eevee, waffles, popcorn, and Japanese Dijons.
Dislikes: Evil organizations (such as Rocket, Skull, Plasma, etc.), people who steal other peoples’ Pokémon, snakes, floods, and vegetables.
Starter Info: His starter is a Male Eevee, non-shiny, named Jaxon, after Jacob’s older brother. It currently knows Bite, Iron Tail, Covet, and Baby-Doll Eyes, and has the ability Adaptability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Freed Teller
Personality: Freed is that kid who knows everything without trying, able to assume most things correctly. He is a nice kid, often able to become friends with most people, but has a slightly evil side that shows when battling, where strategy goes into play in overtime.
Appearance:Freed has longish brown hair. He also has dark green eyes and a pair of sunglasses covering them often enough. Freed mainly wears a long coat dragging to his knees, and a pair of jean shorts.
History: Freed was born into a long line of trainers, being taught most everything about pokemon at an early age. His partner, an Eevee named Raid, was his best friend at the time. When Freed was given the chance for his own journey, he chose Pestosa because none of his predecessors ever went there.
Likes: Strategy, Straight and congruent shapes, Raid, and Chocolate cake.
Dislikes: Carrots, crooked lines, @$#%&%s, and seeing Raid faint.
Starter Info: An Eevee named Raid, female, moveset: Quick Attack, Bite, Iron Tail, Covet. Ability: Anticipation. Will evolve into an Umbreon.

At the same time, there are no character slots left.

@tokyomustard i had a question for you. Maybe each gym leader could be played by a certain person? It would open up for others like @Bon-BonFiveHigh to be a part of this, while the five of us would also get to play as a gym leader, meaning they wouldnt just be NPCs so that the trainers beat every gym leader on their first try, since that never happens.

Yeah, that’s a good idea! I could open up spots to play a specific gym leader. Though, npc gym leaders can work as long as we’re all sensible and role play the gym leader ourselves.

what would you prefer?

When I said 'them' I meant the people who are already in the rp but yeah that sounds like an awesome idea. I was planning on having Dakota lose her first gym battle :')

I would like to RP as one of the gym leaders, and for all of them to be RPed by someone. If that idea is approved, i would like to be the Fire or Dragon gym leader, either one works for me.

i'll do water, i love water!
sorry, but there isn’t a water gym, you can look on the main post?

I would like to RP as one of the gym leaders, and for all of them to be RPed by someone. If that idea is approved, i would like to be the Fire or Dragon gym leader, either one works for me.
you can be dragon AND fire if you want! i’ll take any of the leftover ones :)

@Senrova which gym type/s would you like to role play?

So do we get to choose the teams of the gym leaders we play, or were the teams already decided when you created this RP?
you can choose the team for your own gym leader, within reason of course!

wow this got closed the like very rare day I don't get on charms. how sad. i would've loved to join
ah, a shame! you can be a gym leader if you want, but it might be a while before you get to rp.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
yea I know. It's ok, I'm bad at doing gym leaders anyways XD if like I can show you a reason to still allow me in, that'd be great, but it's fine.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well... yea that'd great XD. Also I don't know if an RP sample is necessary, and this isn't really my usual but
Nick and Professor Oak walked to Route 1 and Nick saw another trainer just beat a Pidgey with his Vulpix.

"Woah I wanna be a trainer like that!"
he thought.

"All right then, since you don't have a Pokémon you have to be lucky to catch one. You usually have to weaken the Pokémon first in order to catch them. Since you can't do that, how about going for an already weak Pokémon?" Professor Oak explained. Nick nodded and began searching the grass for weak Pokémon. After a bit, he found one of the weakest Pokémon on the Route. A Caterpie.

"All right! Go Pokéball!" Nick shouted. The Caterpie got startled however before it could run away it was inside the Pokéball. Nick stared at the Pokéball with anticipation and anxiety. One... two... three... ting! Caterpie was caught! Nick jumped into the air and began cheering. Professor Oak grinned.

"Now that you have a Pokémon, you can go on a journey. I must be headed for my lab now, however. After all, there are other trainers that need to begin their journey," Oak said. Nick nodded and Professor Oak left. Eventually, he reached his laboratory and saw Katherine.

"Hello there! By your Pokémon, I believe you are a trainer. Are you looking for Pokéballs and a Pokédex to begin your journey?" he asked. "If so, follow me inside."

Meanwhile Nick was trying to train his Caterpie so it could evolve and become stronger. However, only after defeating two Rattatas, his Caterpie fainted by the gust of a Pidgey. Nick hurried home so he could heal his Pokémon. Soon afterwards, he headed back to Route 1 to train his Caterpie more. Nick kept on looking at the trainer with a Vulpix.

"Maybe I can evolve Caterpie and then catch a Pokémon. I would stand a better chance against that Vulpix in case I want to fight that trainer. After all, bug is weak against fire. So I should catch a Rattata or Pidgey soon. Or maybe a different Pokémon in Route 22. However, to do that I would have to go over all of Route 1 with just a Caterpie. That might be difficult. Hopefully Caterpie evolves soon like the Pokédex says. As a Metapod, he would stand a much better chance against Pidgeys and it would probably be way easier to catch new Pokémon,"
he thought.