• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Journey RP - Anime Style

To sign up, private message me :) https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-journey-rp-discussion.17003/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finlay was up bright and early in his hometown Veilstone City and was attending to his summer job of cleaning the Veilstone Gym, such as the battlefield and repairing any damages that occur during battles...which is a lot. Finlay and Maylene also became quite close friends, despite her being his boss. He lives with his Mum a couple of streets away from the gym so it wasn't to much hassle for him to get to work every day. It was his 17th birthday very soon and his dream was to be able to get the opportunity to go his very own journey, trainers often start theirs on their 10th birthday but he couldn't since his family was in a bad financial situation so he had to work. His Dad went missing around 8 years ago during his work, he got declared MIA as he was the Head of the National Police Department and attended to a terrorist threat but never returned. Despite every other policeman and counter terrorist being found safe and sound. This made Finlay the ever more determined to go his journey to find his Dad but, for some unknown reason, the police department no longer provided the financial aid that the Father would normally receive and to the family. So they had to resort to everyone getting jobs and postponing their dreams.

Finlay had just finished his shift at the gym and made his way back to his house. He walked in and sat down on the sofa in the lounge as he let out a sigh of relief. Finlay waited for his Mum to get back so he started to cook dinner and put on the news. He poured in water to boil and some pasta in afterward, he briefly stirred as some words from the news broadcast sharply caught his attention.

"There are multiple of reports of people in Sunyshore City, collapsing and going unconscious after having a Pokemon battle with an unknown suspect."
Finlay sharply turned to the television with a concerned look and was oblivious to the fact that his wooden spoon wasn't in the pot but he continued to so a stirring movement with it as he remained fixed to the TV.

"Witnesses say that trainers have heated battles with a hooded figure. However, when these trainers lost, they immediately collapse to the floor and lose consciousness. None of them have regained consciousness yet and it is unclear if they ever will ever wake up from it. This is Fennekin News reporting from Sunyshore City,"

Finlay blankly stared at the television as it did some other boring reports following the shocking one. Finlay jumped as the door slammed. The startled teen turned to the front door to see his mother.
"Sorry I'm late, how are you, honey?" Finlay's Mum said. "Beauti!" "Torch!" Beautifly and Torchic chirped as they followed Finlay's Mum inside and ran to Finlay to greet him. "Hehe, hey guys. I'm alright Mum." Finlay replied as he focused back to the pasta and started to dish it up. He placed the two plates on the dinner table in the nest room and sat down and waited for his Mum. Finlay's Mum fed Beautifly and Torchic and sat at the dinner table with Finlay. There was a brief moment of silence as they just wanted to eat.

"Hey Finlay, look at the time," Finlay's Mum said smiling. Finlay glanced over at the analog clock on the wall beside to show that it was 5 minutes past midnight. "It's your birthday!" Mum cheered. Beautifly and Torchic ran into the room holding a cake and Beautifly placed the cake on the table. Finlay chuckled at the sudden celebrations that caught him off guard. He would show more appreciation and joy but he was rather exhausted from work today and everyone understood that. His mother pulled out a gift card for the superstore that was in Veilstone. Finlay had a heartwarming smile as he appreciated every gift he got given. Finlay thanked the group and proceed to hug everyone in thankfulness.

Their mini party came to an abrupt end as a loud knock came from the front door. The group glanced at the clock once more to double check the time, the fact that it wasn't that long past midnight made them all the more confused and curious as to who knocked on their door at this time. Finlay's Mum proceeded to approach the door and look through the peephole. She then didn't hesitate to open the as she realized who was on the other side. It was Maylene!

"Oh wow, what a pleasant surprise! what are you doing here?" Finlay's Mum asked. "Well I was passing by and I was going to wait until the morning to drop off my present for Finlay, but since I could hear your cheers from out here I thought I might as well do it now," Maylene explained. Maylene held two separate bags which seemed to be quite heavy from the contents of it. Maylene lifted the bag and handed it to Finlay. "Woah, th-thank you so much Maylene," Finlay stuttered. He happily accepted the bag and blindly reached inside and pulled something out. It seemed to be a red box that opened and had a screen to it, showing similarities to a small computer. It took a moment for Finlay to process what it was that he was given. He glanced inside of the bag and saw a pile of Pokeballs. Finlay's jaw dropped and he looked back and forth of his Mum and Maylene.

However, reality hit him as he knew he couldn't accept this because of the situation he was in. He placed the Pokedex back in the bag and held the bag back towards Maylene. Before Finlay deny the generous gift, Maylene pushed the bag back towards Finlay. "Hah! Here's the catch. I contacted Professor Rowan and told him about you so he sent me these items to give to you. I also mentioned about the situation you have at the moment and he is offering you an apprenticeship, and you will be able to go on your journey. I will also be continuing to pay your wage for a few more months as well," Maylene said will a beaming smile, as she seemed to be pretty overjoyed to be able to give this to Finlay and his family. There was a moment that Finlay and his Mum did nothing as they processed what Maylene just said. It then ended with an emotional cheer and a group hug.

Everyone went to bed and Maylene returned home. Morning arose and everyone sharply jumped out of bed and Finlay was doing last minute preparations before Rowans' aid arrived. Finlay glanced over and noticed a bag that was sitting on the side. Finlay recognized the bag as the second that Maylene was holding last night. I guess that she forgot to hand it to Finlay and just left it here for him to get it in the morning. Finlay noticed a note stuck to it and so he read it before looking at the contents of the bag.

"Dear Maylene,
This is very important. I need you to hand this to Finlay the moment he turns 17 and is able to go on his journey, contact Professor Rowan if you need to get the necessary equipment for him to achieve that. I will be eternally grateful and I hope that we meet again soon. Sincerely ET,"

Finlay squinted his eyes in confusion as to what ET stood for and what this message meant. He looked inside the bag and inside was an Incubator that had a very pale purple coloured Pokemon egg inside of it. Finlay stepped back in shock as to what it was. However, he noticed the time and he was cutting it close to being late. He closed the bag again, put it on his back and proceeded to rush out and headed to the Veilstone Gym.

Finlay reached the gym and the aid was talking to Maylene, waiting for Finlay. "Hey guys, sorry for the holdup," Finlay said as he excitedly rushed over. "Professor Rowan is all about being punctual, he gets cranky whenever anyone leaves him waiting, make sure you remember that," The AID said assertively. "Sure whatever, we'll see," Finlay quickly replied. Finlay approached Maylene and they mirrored each other's smiles. Maylene held out her hand for a handshake. "I wish you the best and I'm expecting you to come back and give me a good challenge," Maylene said confidently, Maylene's Pokemon, Lucario, Machoke and Meditite stood beside her to say their goodbyes, they all confidently agreed with Maylene to the challenge. Finlay looked at Maylene's hand and smacked it away before hugging Maylene. "You know it... Thank you so much. For everything," Finlay said. Finlay then stepped back before it got emotional and broke the moment. "Next time you guys see me I will be an elite trainer training legendaries like they were Lillipup," Finlay joked as he headed west.

Finlay had walked through Route 215 for around half an hour and Finlay decided to sit at a bench and pull out the egg he received as a gift from "ET" Who he still doesn't know. He inspected the egg and noticed a very small cack has appeared at the peak of the egg. Finlay's mouth slightly opened at the sight. Shortly after the egg slightly twitched and the crack grew, ranging own to the side of the egg. Finlay started to breath heavily in excitement.. He was about to meet his partner.

@Dapper_Cat @sgiovannii sorry about the intro being so long

Last edited:
Well, Krystal wasn't there to see Griffon off. She'd convinced Mom and Dad to let her go on her own journey in Hoenn a couple months ago. Mom and Dad weren't there either, but they weren't there to see Krystal off either. All the siblings would like to think that it was because they didn't have the heart to see their child go, but they all knew it was because they were ashamed. Ashamed their children would rather go on their own journeys than live in the lap of luxury. At least Griff's younger sisters, Melanie and Ruby, were there to see him off. When he felt extra weight on his head, Griff moved his eyes up to see his partner, Flaire the oddly-colored Cyndaquil, standing on his head, which caused him to chuckle. He knew she was ready for their adventure, just as much as he was.

"So, you're really ready for this, big brother?" Ruby asked. Griff nodded before replying. "You know it, sis. I'll try not to get eaten by a hungry pack of Bidoof or somethin'." He quipped, to which his other sister, Melanie, punched his shoulder. "Your jokes are bad. Stop it." She said, with a serious look on her face. Melanie was only two years Griff's younger, while Ruby was only nine years old. However, Griff's smirk only grew as he wrapped an arm around Melanie's shoulder. "Aww, you know you'll miss 'em, no matter how bad they are." "Does that mean you're finally admitting that your jokes are bad?" She asked, hopefully. "Heck, no." He replied, which actually earned a giggle from Melanie. "C'mon, gimmie a hug before I go, both of ya'." Griff said, to which they did. "You still got your PokeGear, big brother?" Ruby asked. "It's Griff. Knowing him, he probably still hasn't found it since he lost it last month." Melanie replied, sharing her brother's smirk.

Griff simply returned the smirk. As he released his sisters from the bear hug. "Ha, joke's on you! I actually have it on me!" He shot back, pulling his left sleeve back to reveal the PokeGear. It was primarily black, but it also had been spray painted green in some parts. "Connection to the news and all that good stuff, as well as my music." He bragged. "I'll miss you both." He added, giving them one last hug. "So, big brother, what's the name of this city?" Ruby asked. "Canalave City. I'm pretty sure Dad said something about stopping by a Professor Rowan's before going around and 'failing miserably at beating a single gym.'" He said, quoting his father's last bit and doing it in a deep, albeit mocking tone, which made both his sisters laugh. Flaire slid down to Griff's right shoulder as he walked backwards, waving to his sisters as he stepped off the family boat and into Canalave City. As the bridge to get onto the boat lifted, Griff turned and starting facing forward.

"So..." Griff began, which made Flaire look at him quizzically. "I got your Luxury Ball here, Flaire, as well as five more for any Pokemon we meet. I heard there's actually a bridge to get to Jubilife City, so we won't be needing to swim." He informed as they headed towards that direction. This news made Flaire sigh in relief. "Yet."

(No worries! It was really good)

KSSHHHHWHUMP!

A flock of startled bird Pokemon took to the air out of the green treetops, framed beautifully for a moment against the bright morning sun and clear blue sky before flying off. In a small clearing just off of Route 15, a young man coughed and got up from the grass covered ground he had fallen to in order to avoid the relatively small tree's fall. Nearby, by the tree's rotted stump, a Charmeleon sheepishly cleaned its claws, yet had a tiny smirk on its face.

"Okay, so..." Damian contemplated aloud as he stood back up, comically at ease as he wiped the dirt off the back of his shorts. "Maybe next time we should practice your Metal Claw on a boulder or something, instead of some nearly dead tree, sound good, funny guy?" The Charmeleon replied with a nod, his humor evident on his face until his stomach made its need known. "Brunch time?" The trainer asked rhetorically, walking over and taking a seat on the fallen tree, his Pokemon joining him with a happy chuff. Slipping off his pack and setting it on the grass in front of him, Damian dug around for a moment and pulled out four bagged sandwiches, a bag of chips, a pack of cookies, and his water bottle, then distributed the food between them. It was strange in a way, from his perspective: a Kanto boy and his Pokemon far, far away from home, casually hitting the road and almost killing one another with trees. It was such a long held wish of his that it was almost surreal that he was experiencing it now. Just a few days ago he was bidding farewell to his family, boarding a plane to the Sinnoh region, and getting to know the joys of long duration travel.

Eventually landing in the enormous Hearthome City, the teen barely had time to recuperate (and none at all to explore) before he had to board a charter bus to Veilstone City. Well known for the entertainment and attractions it provides, it was the first place Damian wanted to visit seeing as it reminded him a bit like Celadon City in that respect, as it was a city he and his mother both loved. He, Drogon, and sometimes Seraphina enjoyed seeing the sights for a day, like the huge mall and buildings, the gaming corner, and famous meteorites, but there was still a lot more in the region to be seen. So earlier that morning, Damian and Drogon set off to officially start their journey.

Empty plastic bags and wrappers crinkled as Damian placed their trash into a small pouch on his pack, leaning back on the fallen tree for a moment to stretch (playfully knocking Drogon on the head for payback) and stood, slipping his heavy pack back on. "Ready to get going?" he asked his partner, who was already on his feet and ready to go. "I think if we keep going this way, we're gonna reach..." he trailed off when he noticed Drogon standing still, staring through the trees at something- or rather, someone - sitting on a bench pretty far off on the path. "I think that guy just got there... wanna see what he's doing?" Damian asked, receiving a shrug in turn. It took a few minutes to get back out on the path through the trees, but the duo eventually emerged a few yards away from the stranger, waving so as not to startle him before they approached.

"Good morning! How's it going?"

"Hey, hold on a minute," Finlay quickly replied as he was clearly distracted by something more important in this moment. The egg twitched once more, doing a bigger movement than the previous wiggle. The crack also spread across the top half of the egg. "Oh, my Arceus. It's happening," Finlay said excitedly as he carefully places the egg incubator on the floor and lifts the glass cover for it. The Egg then cracked once more, making the entire egg covered in cracks. Then egg then started to glow immensely. Finlay leaped up in excitement and started sprinted around in anticipation. He sprinted over to the newcomer that had a Charmeleon beside him and grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him as he couldn't help but let out his excitement. "The egg is hatching! My first Pokemon!" He yelled. Finlay noticed Charmeleon and he crouched down quickly and inspected the fire type Pokemon. "Wow. I never met a Charmeleon before. Anyway," Finlay said calmly before resuming his rush. The light dimmed slightly on the egg and Finlay ran back over to the egg and sat in front of it, not wanting to wait any longer than he needed to.

The light fizzled away and what was left on the soft pillow of the incubator base was... A Tyrogue! However, the Tyrogue was covered in a pale purple grainy aura. "I don't think that's meant to happen," Finlay thought, but he didn't really take any notice of it since he was just buzzing about the first Pokemon. The weird aura eventually faded out and Tyrogue started to wake up. As Finlay waited for Tyrogue to wake up he noticed the bushes around him started to shake and there was a quiet murmur from them as well. Finlay looked up and noticed a large group of wild Pokemon had been watching the egg hatching from the trees and bushes, it's almost as if every wild Pokemon that was nearby had come to spectate the birth of this Tyrogue. As soon as Finlay spotted them, they all seem to head back to wherever they came from. Finlay was rather confused as to why the wild Pokemon watched as if it was some sort of ceremony or something. Tyrogue did a quiet grunt as it flickered his eyes open, which caught Finlay's attention and made him forget about it.

Tyrogue squinted as he tried to adjust to the light and held his hand out in front to block the sunlight. Finlay carefully put his hand behind his back and helped him sit up straight. Tyrogue turned to Finlay with a confused face since this is the first time that he's seen...anything really. Finlay pulled out his Pokedex and pointed it towards the young Pokemon, scanning it. "Tyrogue, the Scuffle Pokémon. Tyrogue is the unevolved form of Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. It has a small but very energetic body." The Pokedex said.

"Wow, you're a Tyrogue. That is awesome! You're a fighting type as well. Of course, you are," Finlay said. Tyrogue stood up and looked around intriguingly at the bushes, trees, the sky and the other Pokemon nearby. It was experiencing everything for the first time. Finlay took Tyrogue's hand and looked into its eyes with a determined look. "You and I are gonna be the strongest together. I can't wait for adventures and challenges that we are gonna overcome together. Also, I can't wait until we beat Maylene!" Finlay said determinedly. Tyrogue didn't really understand the last part but he caught the gist of everything else. "Ty!" he replied confidently as he nodded.

Tyrogue then noticed the new trainer and the Charmeleon beside it. Tyrogue's curiousness fueled him to approached the Charmeleon and inspect him. "Ty?" Tyrogue said as he noticed the intense flame at the end of his flame. Finlay then approached Charmeleon's trainer. "Heya. Sorry about that. I was a bit distracted. My name's Finlay and this is Tyrogue. As you can see Tyrogue and I have just met," Finlay chuckled.

(I swear every post is not gonna be this long XD)

Damian paused midstep, Drogon doing the same a few steps ahead of him, the two of them eyeing the subject of the stranger's attention. The pale, purple colored egg was right in the middle of hatching, and the teen held his breath in excitement; it was rare for him to watch a Pokemon hatch. A quick look at his own Pokemon proved the Charmeleon was similarly intrigued. Was this the reason he had been alerted to the stranger's presence before? Damian was so focused on the egg that the other boy bounding towards him in excitement startled him, his back straightening in surprise. His green-blue eyes widened when the guy shared his excitement with him, and he smiled shakily in return, sharing the amused look with his Pokemon.

Taking the interaction as approval to move a bit closer, Damian slowly walked over to where the other trainer was seated in front of his egg, his shoes softly crunching the dirt beneath them. The eggshells broke apart to reveal a baby Tyrogue, which was really awesome; Damian had only seen one or two before. Yet his brow quirked a he noticed a faint, purple-ish aura surrounding it, which was something he definitely hadn't seen before with any Pokemon he knew of. Drogon was uncharacteristically still as well, watching the Tyrogue intently until Damian patted his head, as if to ease him, missing the fact that they had a quickly disappearing audience.

"Congratulations, man, Tyrogues are awesome," he stated once the new duo had finished becoming acquainted with one another. Drogon's head was cocked to the side as he watched the little Pokemon approach, his tail moving well out of the way of the baby. "Char," he greeted simply, but amicably as well. Damian nodded at the other's introduction, extending his hand to shake in greeting. "Don't apologize at all, dude, I would probably react the same way if I had an egg hatching. It's nice to meet you both! My name's Damian, and this is Drogon. You from around here?"

(Personally I like it xD better than just like two sentences imo)

As Flaire and Griff continued their walk out of Canalave City, - well, Griff was the one walking, Flaire was still on his shoulder - the duo spotted the bridge that also lead to Jubilife City. It was a nice, stone bridge. It wasn't too fancy, but it didn't look like it was lazily put together, either. "Must've been terribly inconvenient for people to live there back when they didn't have this bridge." Griff murmured as the duo made their way along it, but stopped in the middle of the bridge. "It's a nice sight, isn't it, Flaire?" He asked, to which his partner gave a delighted squeal of agreement. "Quil!" Griff smiled at his partner as he sat down on the edge of the bridge, with his feet dangling off of it.

Griff chuckled as his partner jumped off his shoulder and walked back a couple inches, until she was at a comfortable distance from the edge of the bridge. "So, whatddya think Mom and Dad are thinkin' right now, girl? Ya thinkin' somethin' negative?" Griff asked his partner. "Cyndaquil! Cynda!" Flaire replied, giving an additional nod. "I'd have to agree with ya' on that, too, Flaire." He stated, moving his gaze from his partner out to the water below him. It really was a beautiful sight. "How could a Region this beautiful scare Mom and Dad? I don't understand why they were so apprehensive, especially about Sinnoh." He added, to which his partner only gave a shrug of her small shoulders

"Yeah, I'm from Veilstone City. I just started my journey today. I got Tyrogue's egg recently and well...You've seen the rest." Finlay replied. Tyrogue reached out for Drogon's tail but as Drogon pulled the tail away from Tyrogue. He got rather frustrated. "Ty!" He grunted, trying to be intimidating, he tensed his arms to try and prove his dominance. "Oh, look out. Big man Tyrogue is here," Finlay joked.

Finlay crouched down and petted Drogon on the head. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Drogon. You look like a super strong, Charmeleon," Finlay complimented. He then turned to Tyrogue and pulled out a Pokeball he intended for Tyrogue. He held out the Pokeball in front of him, showing the button. "In order for us to become partners and strong together. I need you to get in the Pokeball. I will send you back out right after it." Finlay explained. Tyrogue thought for a moment before agreeing with a confident nod. "Tyrogue!" He said as he fist pumped the Pokeball. The ball opened and Tyrogue went inside. The ball wiggled a few times and the button clicked. Tyrogue was officially Finlay's first ever Pokemon!

Finlay let Tyrogue back out if its Pokeball. "I need to think of what I'm gonna call you. What about Blake?" Finlay proposed. Tyrogue nodded his in confirmation. "Tyrogue," Agreed Blake. Finlay stood back up and faced back to Damian. "Where are you guys headed then? I'm making my way to Sandgem Town. It's quite a treck, hehe," Finlay said.

The Flame Pokemon broke into little amused chuffs at the challenging display, but brought his tail back towards the other Pokemon, holding it up and well out of its reach. Sometimes, very seldomly, he enjoyed being a bit of a troll. In his defense, however, he had not had much experience with younger Pokemon than he, and wanted to play around. Conversely, his trainer was interacting with someone around his own age for once, instead of sharing a few quick words with random strangers whenever he got lost.

"Today, huh? That's so cool, dude, super exciting. I pretty much just got here from Kanto, so I guess technically it's my first day, too," he laughed gently, his amusement growing even more upon seeing their two new acquaintances interact with Drogon. The Charmeleon nodded politely in return to the compliments, though Damian could clearly tell he loved the attention. "Char!" The pair watched as Finlay officially captured the Tyrogue, and Damian's mind drifted off to memories of when he first met Drogon. He sighed fondly at his Pokemon, remembering his adorable antics... until Drogon rolled his eyes and smacked him lightly on his leg.

Finlay's question, though honest and innocent, was to Damain very insightful and gave him a moment of reflection. Where were they going? Sure, he had done some research, and had the Pokedex for a map, but he lacked any actual goal. "Uh... honestly, I'm not sure. Anywhere, I suppose?" He shrugged, glancing towards Drogon. "Sandgem Town is where Sinnoh's top Pokemon professor is, right? Rowan or something? It sounds super interesting."

"Kanto?! Wow, that's pretty far away. Is that where you met Drogon? I would love to visit Kanto one day, the Safari Zone there looks pretty cool." Finlay replied. Blake felt the grass brush against his ankle. He looked down at the lush grass and grabbed a handful of the grass. He let go of the grass and the wind carried it away. Then a light bulb appeared on top of Finlay's head.

"Yeah. He gave me Pokeballs and Pokedex and I guess I'm technically his apprentice. I'm not sure if it's serious or not. I think it might just be a good enough reason so I can go on a journey, finally. So I kind of need to go see him to say thank you at least," Finlay replied. "Hey, how about you tag along with us? Until you decide what you want to do at least," Finlay proposed. Finlay pulled out his Pokedex and went on the Region map app and highlighted Celestic City. "There's a coach there that goes to Eterna City and then another one that goes straight to Jubilife City, so then it'll be a walk away from there. So what do ya think?" Finlay asked.

"Yeah, it definitely is," the shorter male nodded with a chuckle. He'd just barely gotten over a serious case of jetlag to attest to that. "Kanto's a really amazing place. We did meet there, in Pallet Town. We found each other just after he hatched; he was so cute and chubby-" "CHAR!" The spot of grass beneath Damian's legs caught fire, and the teen yelped and stamped it out. "Ugh, sorry!" He huffed at his Pokemon, who shot him a glare. "Sensitive topic," he muttered as a brief explanation for Finlay and Blake's benefit.

"I mean, if he specifically gave you those, then I would assume he was serious about it; hopefully, at least, or else that would be the cruelest joke ever." Damian grinned in excitement, nudging Drogon to be sure he had listened (he had, but was still miffed about Damian bringing up his baby fat.) "Really? That would be great, actually! It'd be nice to have a Sinnoh native help me around here." He stepped a bit closer to his new friend, peering down at the digital map he held and nodding along to his words as if he recognized the names of the cities. "That sounds like as good a plan as any, dude. I'm so ready!"

(Apologies for the lag! Had class all day and work all night, literally)

In the entrance to Jubilife was a small dragon type Pokemon that had a small cape. It had a menacing look on its face as it inspected the people near it. A smart looking businessman, dressed in a fancy, expensive suit, carrying a briefcase, walked past the Pokemon not taking any notice of it. The Pokemon suddenly spun around towards the businessman. It extended its arm and its prepared a Dragon Claw attack. It hit the legs of the business man, causing it to flip and hit the ground. "Ah, my back!" He cried as he struggled to move. The small Pokemon pickpocketed the man, taking its wallet and stealing the briefcase also. "Stop that Pokemon!" He cried once more as the Pokemon sprinted off, heading deeper into the city.

Meanwhile, back in route 215. "Awesome then let's head off, right away," Finlay said as he started making his way to Celestic. Blake was in awe as hey made his way through Route 215, the forests, bridges other trainers, and wild Pokemon was a lot to experience on his first day. However, he also noticed that he caught the attention of every wild Pokemon that he walks past, they did some sort of acknowledgement of some kind like a respectful nod or a wave at the very least. Blake would awkwardly wave back but got the respectful nod, on point.

Route 210 was visible and Celestic Town wouldn't be too far after that. Then, a couple of growls came from the bushes beside them. Shortly after, a pair of Pokemon roll out, and they seemed to be fighting. They both jumped back as they caught their bearings again. In the blue corner was a Bidoof with big, buck teeth as its weapon. In the red corner was a Shinx with its forelegs, showing off sparks as it prepares to attack. "Woah, wonder what's going on with them. I've never seen a Shinx in person before," Finlay said as he pulled out his Pokedex, and scanned the two Pokemon.

"Shinx, the Flash Pokémon. When Shinx flexes its muscles, it generates electricity. When sensing danger, its fur glistens. Bidoof, the Plump Mouse Pokémon. It gnaws on trees and rocks with its strong front teeth and lives in nests near the water." The Pokedex explained. Blake watched in awe and stepped toward the conflict as it seems intriguing to the battle, drawing him towards it. "Careful, Blake," Finlay warned Blake. Blake looked back at Finlay and back to the battle acknowledging his trainer's warning.

They were off. The surrounding terrain didn't change much from the thick grouping of trees on either side of the beaten dirt path, the grass between the trees occasionally rustling in the wind or due to the movements of some Pokemon. Snowcapped mountains looming ominously in the distance, barely seen through tall tree trunks, made Damian wish he had brought some sort of camera along. Sinnoh was beautiful, and getting to see it with company made one great thing even better.

Damian and Finlay got along well, chatting about the different Pokemon they both wanted to see or catch along with general small talk, and so did Drogon and Blake: the Charmeleon let the Tyrogue try to catch his tail from time to time, amusing himself. About two hours later, they reached a sign by the side of the path, arrows pointing in certain directions. "So that way goes to Route 210, and that way goes-" before Damian could finish his sentence, a pair of Pokemon locked into a fight burst from the bushes. Charmeleon growled, stepping forward towards them in case they proved hostile towards their little group, and Damian turned to Finlay after hearing the Pokedex entry, face slightly worried as he watched Tyrogue move closer. "Um, Finlay... what is he doing?"

Finlay noticed Damian's concern for the curious fighting type. "I guess he likes the look of a Pokemon battle. It makes sense, he is a fighting type, it's in his blood," Finlay replied. Blake had his mouth open as he watched in awe. "Any other Pokemon his age, would be terrified by two wild Pokemon fighting probably," Finlay chuckled. The Shinx growled at the Bidoof and Bidoof did the same. Bidoof charged towards the electric type with its mouth open, preparing a powerful bite attack. Bidoof managed to make contact on to the Shinx's leg. "Shi!" Shinx cried as it took the hit. The electric type then squinted at the Buck teeth Pokemon as sparks started to emerge from its legs. "Shinx!" It roared as a powerful charge of blue electricity was unleashed onto the Bidoof, since the Bidoof was attached to Shinx it was a direct hit. Bidoof fell to the floor u able to fight any longer. It struggled to get up and the ran away crying. "Bidoo-Bi!"

The Shinx then turned to Blake and squinted at the fighting type, as electric sparks flew off its leg to scare off Blake. Blake started back unfazed however, with his arms crossed. "Now is your chance for a battle, Blake!" Finlay said eagerly to Blake. Blake then turned to Finlay with a serious look. "Ty!" He said calmly as he shook his head. "Huh? I thought you wanted to battle?" Finlay said confused. "Tyrogue-Ty," explained Blake as he pointed towards Shinx's leg. It wasn't standing on the leg that was bitten by the Bidoof, it must've been damaged pretty badly. "Oh, I get it. You don't want to battle Shinx since it's pretty badly hurt. You want a fair fight," Finlay deduced. "Tyrogue," Confirmed Blake. "Should we help it out and treat it's leg? Or should we just leave it be, as it clearly wants?" Finlay asked. "Shinx!" It cited as its fur made an immense light, temporarily blinding everyone for a moment. "Ah!" "Ty!" Everyone exclaimed. When the light died. You could see that Shinx was trying to get away but it could t get very far that quickly since it was limping very badly.

"Shinx wait!" Finlay yelled after the Shinx. "We need to help it out, but I don't have anything on me that would help," Finlay said. "Do you have anything, Damian?" Finlay asked.

After watching the sunset for a few minutes, Griffon stood up and let out a content sigh. He bent over and put his arm near the ground, in order to let Flaire climb up his arm and relax on Griff's head once more, which the little Fire-Type did. The partners finished their wal across the bridge and into Jubilife City. "Just like Saffron..." Griff muttered. He wouldn't lie, the city lights were beautiful. But every city, no matter how beautiful it may have been, always held evil and those just waiting to hurt or steal from other people. As if to prove his point, he looked over upon hearing someone groan in pain. Griffon saw a man, a business man by the looks of his attire, fall on the ground. "Stop that Pokemon!" The man had shouted. Upon closer inspection, the two saw a Pokemon, they couldn't tell exactly what it was because of it's cap, running off with the man's briefcase and, presumably, his wallet. Without a second thought, Griff dashed after the Pokemon heading deeper into Jubilife.

Drogon growled low in his throat, eyes narrowed in distrust as the small Pokemon tussled. Ordinarily, he likely would have paid the commotion no mind; why would he need to worry about a random fight between to wild little guys? Not his business, unless Damian asked him to intervene, the stupid peacemaker. Yet now he'd made a new friend, and a very young one at that, and would definitely act to help Blake out if necessary.

Easing up a tad bit once the Bidoof had the nerve shocked out of it, the Charmeleon glanced towards his trainer and back, huffing to indicate the Shinx. "I know, buddy, I know..." Damian replied quietly, eyes shifting from the wild Pokemon to Blake. He listened to his new friend's words but, though they did make sense to him, Damian was still a bit uneasy. Sure, no doubt the Tyrogue would be tough, but Blake was still a baby after all... one with a pretty unusual birth, now that Damian remembered. Pushing that aside to ask later, Damian instead turned towards Finlay. "Why do you think the Shinx was fighting that- ugh!" His question to Finlay was cut off as he raised an arm to cover his face, shielding them from the sudden light.

As the light faded away, Damian blinked away the spots in his vision until he could see a bit better, Drogon dazily shaking his head beside him. He nodded and quickly slipped off his pack, setting it on the ground and taking a knee so he could dig through it quickly. "All I've got is a Super Potion and some bandages," he told Finlay as he handed him the items, still trying to blink away the spots in his vision. "Be careful, dude, injured wild Pokemon are unpredictable."

Last edited:
Finlay hastily took the items that got handed over to him by Damian. "That's should be enough to treat Shinx's injury. We'll take care," Finlay replied. Not that Finlay knew what he was doing or anything, but it makes sense since he's the one that wants to help the Pokemon. "Let's go, Blake. We need to be careful, understand?" Finlay warned Blake. "Ty," Blake calmly replied nodding his head. Finlay then quickly sprinted after the injured Pokemon.

The Shinx retreated to some sort of lake as it hid inside of a small cave beside it, that only a small Pokemon could fit inside of. Finlay managed to catch up to it in time to see its tail go into the small hideout's shadow. "There it is, Blake. However, it's inside the cave, but I don't think I can fit inside it," Finlay said as they watched from behind a tree not too far away. Blake then intensely looked at the cave. Finlay noticed its determined look at the cave and knew exactly what it was thinking. "No...Don't you dare," Finlay said assertively. Blake squinted at Finlay as it contemplated defying his trainer's orders. However, The Shinx then quickly ran out of the cave, in a frenzy and panic. "Shinx!" It cried out as it started to inspect the area, but still showing its pretty obnoxious looking limp.

"What's wrong!?" Finlay asked aloud. The Shinx looked across the lake which made a horrified look dawned on its face. Finlay and Blake quickly looked across the lake to see what caused the reaction and it was a pair of Bidoof, one of them was the one from before and it was with a Bibarel as well. Beside them was a pile of berries which they seemed to be feasting on. "Shinx!" It roared at the group of normal types. It definitely wanted to run over them and zap them to oblivion but as the Shinx stepped forward it let out a whimper as it remembered about its injury. "Those twats must've taken those berries fr4om Shinx, that explains why they were fighting earlier," Finlay deduced. "We have to help it even more now," Finlay added. "Ty!" Blake determinedly agreed, clenching his fist.

Meanwhile, The small caped Pokemon, ran through the legs of crowds of people trying to escape the crime scene as quick as possible. However, it soon realized it was in a hot pursuit with some hero wannabe. It quickly checked its surroundings and it found itself on some sort of high street. It sharply turned right and entered an alleyway, beside Sawsbucks.

He watched the pair rush off after the injured Pokemon, dodging trees and bushes but leaving more than a few broken branches in their wake. Hopefully it would prove to be a pretty good thing, since it would definitely allow Damian to have an easier time following them if they got too far away. He needed to remember to get Finlay's contact information after this.

Standing back up and slinging his pack over his shoulders, Damian gestured to Drogon with a nod in the direction Finlay and Blake had gone. They began making their way after them at a slightly slower pace, since Drogon had to make sure his tail didn't set anything ablaze (and Damian didn't really like keeping him in his Pokeball much, anyway), but eventually they breached the trees and found themselves at the shore of a lake. "Where did they... oh, over there!" He'd located his friend, who along with Blake and the Shinx, was currently backed against a rocky outcropping by the shoreline by a group of Pokemon. He rushed to his side, his Charmeleon positioning himself next to the Tyrogue with a threatening growl towards the Bidoof and Bibarel. "Guess you found more than the Shinx. Looks like that Bidoof called for reinforcements."

The group of Bidoof and Bibarel were almost taunting Shinx by eating all its berries at a safe distance from across the lake. The Shinx continued to snarl as it tortured itself by watching them. "I think we should approach now. Try to clarify that we're here to help, before treating its leg." Finlay explained. It seemed Finlay was pretty set on that plan and slowly came out from behind the tree and cautiously approached the electric type Pokemon. Blake casually walked beside Finlay.

The Shinx was alerted by Finlay and Blake approaching it. So it quickly focused it's snarls to them. "Shinx, we your friends. We're on your si-" "Shinx!" It warned as sparks started to fly of its leg. A little bit more concentration and it could be an attack. The electricity started to cover the entire of Shinx's body. "Shi-" "Tyrogue!" Shinx yelled as it was about to attack before it got interrupted by Blake yelling. Shinx stopped its attack and it had a surprised look on its face. Finlay assumed that Blake said something that made Shinx stand down and listen to what Finlay had to say. Blake looked at Finlay with a look that made it as if Blake was now allowin him to talk. "Um...thanks," He said hesitantly, not sure what just happened. "Shinx...we want to help. We want to treat your leg. If you want us to, we can help you get you berries back as well," Finlay said with his hands up, to show he means no harm. Shinx pondered in thought and looked at her knee as it considered his offer.

"Shinx," it said agreeing to Finlay's offer. Finlay still being cautious, slowly approached Shinx as he equipped the potion. He carefully placed his hand under Shinx's paw, which Shinx whimpered at, showing that any movement dealt some pain to her. "There, there. It's alright," Finlay said reassuring the scared Pokemon. Blake looked over at the Bidoof across the lake and noticed that they had noticed him and Finlay taking care of the Shinx and a pair of Bidoof sprinted towards them. "Tyrogue!" It yelled, alarming Finlay. "Oh, jeez. I guess they're back for round two," Finkay said in an annoyed tone. "Stay still, Shinx. We've got this covered. Damian! Deal with the Bidoof," Finlay said. Blake stood in front of Finlay as a last line of defence, as if it was gonna be any better than Drogon. Blake looked at Drogon with a worried look, as this was his first experience being involved in any conflict of some kind. It looked to Drogon since he recognises him as someone that can look out for him. "this is gonna sting," warned Finlay as he sprayed the potion on Shinx's knee. "Shin!" She whimpered in pain.

Griff had to dodge and weave through the crowd of people to stay on the Pokemon's tail. Perhaps literally, even. He wasn't too sure on whether or not it had a tail. Griffon had to keep his eye on it. While he did plan to, of course, return the businessman's belongings once he'd retrieved them - if he did, anyways - he was honestly more concerned about the fate of the Pokemon if someone else were to ever catch it, and it's overall condition. He'd met a kid that had to live on the streets and had to steal to survive when he visited Goldenrod City and snuck away from where his parents had told him to stay. Jax, that had been the boy's name. The boy had told him stories, and he'd seemed genuine when he told them. He had no idea what would happen to a Pokemon, but Griff figured it would be bad, so, he kept chasing the Pokemon. When the Pokemon turned a sharp right, Griff did as well. He saw it enter an alley near a Sawsbucks. He followed it down the alley.

"You got it," Damian replied, moving ahead to get Finlay some more space. He was rather impressed with the other boy; the new trainer was literally just starting out, but already he was showing signs of great promise, in his opinion. Even though Damian wasn't exactly a veteran trainer either. However, battling was something he was well acquainted with, and it was with glee that he faced the wild Pokemon. "You ready for some fun, buddy?" he asked Drogon with a grin, and the Charmeleon responded with a snort of fire from his nostrils.

"Char!" Drogon growled, head turning to give Blake a look out of the corner of his eye. There was no need to worry. The Bidoof pair were a short distance away, now, and Damian responded accordingly. "Okay, buddy, let's freak them out with Scary Face!" Drogon nodded at Blake, then Damian, and faced the Bidoof to show them a horrific expression, teeth bared and flames gaping from his maw. The two Bidoof's hair stood straight on end in fear, and one stumbled and managed to trip up the other, knocking them both to the ground. "Great job! Now go for an Ember, and follow it up with Metal Claw!" The Charmeleon ran forward, bolts of flame rapidly shot from the Pokemon's mouth, each meeting their mark and striking the Bidoof pair. One ran off with a squeal, its fur singed and smoking, but the other stood its ground. The Bidoof charged, using the momentum to throw itself forward into a ball: Rollout, a move that would certainly do damage if it struck. "Careful!" Damian called out, but Drogon was ready. The Bidoof rolled forward at considerable speed, but the Charmeleon's claws glowed with a metallic sheen and shot forward, catching the smaller Pokemon just as it hit Drogon. "Char!" He winced, but struck hard and knocked the wild Pokemon up into the air, watching it land into the bushes a few yards away.

"That was awesome, Drogon! You okay?" Damian called out again, getting a nod and a growl in return. The sound of loud, angry chittering carried over the water, the Bibarel appearing justifiably upset. The evolved form of Bidoof was half Water-Type, and would definitely be a challenge if it was a clever opponent. "Hey, Finlay, how's your new buddy doing?"

Shinx kept resisting the urge to pull away from her leg and just lash out on something, but she kept it together. "There you are. Your very brave aren't you," Finlay said to Shinx as he wrapped the bandage around the Shinx's knee. Shinx then gently moved its knee and it was bearable to move now, after being treated. Finlay could hear the awesomeness behind him that Damian was making behind him at that moment. "Yeah, she's good now!" Finlay yelled back. "Shinx!" Thanked Shinx. "No problem, sonny jim," Finlay replied. "It's time that we sort out his this little twat's possy," Finlay said rather irritated at the normal type. "Bibarel!" The Bibarel yelled out as it threw a berry on the floor and stomped on it. "Bib-Bibarel!" It yelled once more, calling out a couple more Bidoof grunts, to go beside it. "Bidoof!" They both growled. "Guess it's time for your first battle, Blake. You in Shinx? Actually, I don't need to ask," Finlay said.

Shinx stepped forward but understood that she couldn't strain herself too hard since she isn't 100%. "Guess we need to check what moves you have, Blake," Finlay said as he quickly pulled out his Pokedex. He quickly checked the small list of moves that Blake had at his disposal. "Alright, let's do this," Finlay said determinedly as he put away the Pokedex back in his bag. The Bidoof duo both picked different targets. One aimed for Drogon and the other looked at Blake. Both of them curled up and started to roll towards the two at quite the speed. "Here it goes, Blake," Finlay said, as Blake goes into his fighting stance. "Ty," Blake said under his breath. The oncoming Bidoof was getting rather close and was getting a large amount of momentum. "Blake, use Fake Out!" Finlay demanded. Blake opened his arms and then brought them together to clap his hands, creating a shock wave towards the attacking Bidoof. As it reached Bidoof, it stopped moving at an incredible speed and got launched backward, from the Fake out, canceling out its attack.

Shinx squinted at Bibarel and locked on to the menacing Pokemon as it taunted her with the berries. She leaped off the small cave and slowly ran towards the Bibarel, in between the battles. Ready to get what was rightfully hers. The Bibarel took its fighting stance as Shinx approached it, and prepared a water pulse, for the oncoming pissed off electric type.

Meanwhile, in Jubilife City. The small Pokemon entered in the alleyway, trying to get away. The small Pokemon stood in front of a man that seemed to be a girl, dressed like a typical trainer in her teens collapsing and was unconscious, in front of the small caped character. The Pokemon turned behind and it showed two large teeth pointed the left and right of its mouth and were a rather dark green colour. It noticed Griff following it into the alleyway, realizing that it was now cornered. It looked at the ground for a moment before thinking of a plan. It used dig and escaped the scene.

Last edited:
Damian let out a relieved sigh and nodded at Finlay, grateful to hear the little Shinx would be okay. The angry Bibarel stole his attention back, and Drogon growled threateningly as two more of the Water/Normal-Type's Bidoof lackeys appeared. Drogon puffed out flames menacingly as the wild Pokemon came nearer to them, attempting to ward them off to no avail. Seemed like the Bidoof were more scared of the Bibarel than they were of a Charmeleon, Tyrogue, and Shinx, which spoke volumes about the hold the Bibarel had on them. The small Normal-Types dove into balls, kicking up dirt as they each moved into a Rollout attack.

"Slow it down with Flamethrower, Drogon!" Damian called, and the Charmeleon reared back its head, inhaling deeply, and with a step forward unleashed a torrent of flame from its mouth. The blast shot forward and enveloped the rolling Bidoof, and though its momentum was weakened considerably, it still had just enough power to shoot through the flames. The Rollout attack hit Drogon in the chest and bounced off, cutting off the Flamethrower, and he stumbled back, a deep growl in his throat as he glared at his charred opponent. The little rodent's buck teeth glowed brightly as it ran at Drogon, preparing to use its Hyper Fang, but it was too slow.

"Slash!" Long, glowing claws struck the Bidoof in an uppercut, the rodent squeaking in pain as it was launched into the trunk of a nearby tree from the force of the blow, sliding down unconscious into the bushes below. Drogon growled in annoyance, shaking his head, and Damian breathed out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. With a start, he turned to his side to see the other two battles; hopefully Finlay was doing alright.

Griff let out a groan as the Pokemon fled the scene via Dig. He probably could have sent Flaire after it, but he didn't want to risk anything bad happening. He was about to turn away when Flaire pointed something out. Griff's eyes darted over and he saw what looked to be a girl collapsed on the ground. He ran over and crouched next to her, and shook her. "Hey! Hey, are you alright?" He frantically asked. If worse came to worst, Griff would carry her to a hospital or a Pokemon Center, whichever was closest.

Bidoof decided to show off its buck teeth as it glowed and sharpened, showing off its Hyper Fang. Blake seemed to be bottling it at this point, unsure of what to do, the lack of experience wasn't helping much with him keeping cool under this sort of pressure. Finlay was slightly nervous at this point since there was a bit more at stake rather than just doing some casual lessons in Maylene's gym. However, it's common sense to try to make you Pokemon to avoid an attack if it can or cancel it out with another one. "Roll to the side!" Finlay demanded. Blake squinted before rolling on the ground to the side and pushing him back up to his feet. The Bidoof chomped down, but there was nothing to unleash its attack on. It then pointed its forehead at Blake for a headbutt attack, trying to get the next hit in. It made contact with Blake as it was rather quickly pulled off, making Blake stumble back. It then made a similar position to make a second headbutt attack. It then charged forward once more. The available moves quickly went through Finlay's mind as he thought of the best move for that moment. Blake stepped back slightly as he awaited his next order. "Use Low Sweep!" Finlay demanded. Blake quickly responded by swiveling around as he lowered down and extended his leg out. The Bidoof continued forward but Blake's Low Seep completely took outs its leg, launching it upward and its momentum carried it forward into the lake beside them. "Nice work, Blake. The first battle of many," Finlay said. Blake stood there looking at the lake, huffing, and puffing. He had a smile on his face, loving this new feeling of the adrenaline that gets pumped around as he battles. He turns to Blake and nods his head. "Tyro,"

Shinx formed a large field of blue electricity around it, preparing a Spark attack on the Bibarel. However, before she could reach Bibarel, it unleashed its Water Pulse at the oncoming Shinx, getting a direct hit. "Shinx!" It cried as it got thrown to the ground from the powerful water attack. The Shinx tried to get up, but the Bibarel quickly approached the Shinx and stood on top of her with one leg. "Bi-Bi-Bi," He chuckled as he raised his right arm and prepared another Water Pulse. The Shinx tried to struggle her way out but she felt too weak to do another attack, leaving her helpless.

Meanwhile, In Jubilife City. The Doctors and nurses rushed around Griff who carried in an unconscious woman. It seemed they all rushed to conclusions and thought to be another one of "Those" Cases again. "Damn, it looks like it's happening in Jubilife, now. Nowhere is safe from this," One Doctor quickly though aloud. As they urgently took the lady off Griff's hand and carried her away into a room. In all the frenzy, Officer Jenny approached Griff with a sketch pad and pencil. "Excuse me, you were the one in pursuit of the culprit. Could you do me a detailed description of what you saw," Officer Jenny said quite assertively as she was quite annoyed that she couldn't catch the culprit straight away.

Griffon and Flaire looked over as Officer Jenny approached him. She asked him for details of what he knew. "Well, I'd just came into Jubilife City. I'm from Kanto, ya' see." He started. "As soon as Flaire and I came into the city, we saw a business man get attacked by a Pokemon. The Pokemon took his wallet and briefcase and fled." Griff explained, putting his hand to his chin as he recalled he events. "We ran after the Pokemon. It took a sharp right down an alley by a Sawsbucks, we turned after it, and found it looking to us with that woman behind it. It used Dig to flee." He finished. "I don't think the Pokemon did it though. We were right behind it, there wasn't enough time for it to do anything, and we didn't hear any attacks."

"Drogon, Flamethrower!"

A jet of flame blasted from the Bibarel's right, catching the troublemaker off guard. It didn't do too much damage, obviously, but the shock value and sheer force of the attack was enough to knock it off and away from Shinx by a few yards. Drogon trotted to Blake's side, initial purpose fulfilled, and nodded approvingly at the little Pokemon. His expression was clear; good job.

The Bibarel was quickly recovering, shaking its head to clear its daze before glaring menacingly at the group. Without a moment to spare, Drogon released a thick cloud of dark smoke from his mouth, enveloping the Bibarel quickly in an attempt to give Shinx more time to get back on her legs. "You should finish it off, Finlay!" Damian said to his friend.

Officer Jenny took notes as Griff explained what went down. "Perhaps it isn't, but it is definitely related and our main suspect. Thank you for your cooperation, you've been a big help," Officer Jenny finished as she walked out of the hospital. One of the Doctors from before approached Griff with a clipboard. "I should inform you that the lady you brought in, is unfortunately in a coma of some kind. It seems parts of the brain have turned off somehow, this isn't the first case of this happening in Sinnoh. We're still trying to find the cause of this and how to treat it. We thank you for bringing her in," The Doctor explained to Griff.

Meanwhile, in Route 210. Shinx struggled to get on her feet again after Drogon helped out by getting Bibarel off of her. Shinx looked at the Bibarel who quickly was getting swallowed in smoke by the Smokescreen. Blind water Guns shot out of the smoke cloud, as Bibarel started to panic and attack blindly. "This is your chance, Shinx!" Finlay yelled. "Shin!" Shinx grunted as she tried to focus on Bibarel. "Shin...Shinx!" Shinx yelled as she charged up her Discharge before unleashing it at the smoke cloud. It cleared the smoke cloud and made a direct hit to the Bibarel. "Bib!" It cried out in pain. Finlay turned to Blake as he knew that it was a big chance to, like Damian said, finish this.

"Blake, use Mach Punch!" Finlay demanded. Blake cocked back his arm and his fist started to glow white immensely. Before he sprinted towards the stunned Bibarel. He swung his fist forward making clean contact with Bibarel's cheek. You could see the first going through in slow motion and its folded face following the fist. Time went back to normal and Bibarel flew like a bullet into a tree trunk, sliding down like the Bidoof before it and landing on top of the other Bidoof.

Shinx stumbled slightly in fatigue as she finished her Discharge attack. As Shinx got her groundings again, she instantly focused on the berries again. She ran over, tanking through the splitting pain that was going through her knee and she rummaged through the pile of berries in search of a specific berry it seems. She bit into a Pink Berry, in order to get a grip of it and rushed back into her small cave. "Woah, nice work everyone...Shinx?" Finlay said.

What happened next took place over a matter of seconds, but Damian's eye caught everything clearly. The Bibarel began shooting spouts of water everyone in its blind panic, Drogon narrowly avoiding one as it blasted toward him. The scent of ozone crept through the air, and a few seconds later bolts of electricity struck the smoke cloud's inhabitant, dispersing the gas and showing the Bibarel getting hit directly. And then it went flying into a tree.

Drogon laughed, as much as a Charmeleon could, and Damian tried to reign in his own. The boy turned to his friend to congratulate him, but noticed the Shinx quickly darting into a cave. "You should ask it to come with you," he suggested to the other trainer softly. "At least that way you can help take care of its leg."

"Of course. It wouldn't have been right to leave her there." Griffon replied and shrugged his shoulders. "Yeah, I heard about that. But, let's hope for the best, yeah?" He stated as he walked out. "Good catch by the way, Flaire." Griff praised as they opened the doors and walked out. "Well, let's see... Jubilife City, huh?" He said as he looked out at the city. "I have no idea what's here." Griff muttered as he opened his PokeGear. Flaire sweat-dropped. "Pokemon School? Boring. Jublilife TV? I get TV signals on here. Poketch Company? Isn't that a less useful PokeGear?" He sighed as he read through what all was in Jubilife City. Boring.

Another kid bumped into him, with a Zangoose by his side. "Watch it!" The kid said, turning back to look at Griff. The kid was short, only a bit taller than his Zangoose. If Griff hadn't been standing there the entire time, he would've apologized. This trainer was trying to pick a fight. "I was just standing here, kid." Griff said. He noticed something else, but it wasn't the kid that time. It was his Zangoose. It's fur was all ragged and scratched up. It looked at Griff, it's eyes looking apologetic. "Whaddya mean?! I was walking by, then you bumped into me!" The kid shot back. "Keep tellin' yourself that, kid, and maybe one day you'll actually believe it." Griff shot back, a smirk on his face. He was riling this kid up, and he knew he was going to challenge him to a battle. And when it happened, he wouldn't be able to think straight due to rage. Looked like Griff already managed to get him that far. "That's it! Why don't we settle it with a battle?!" The kid said. "Wouldn't have it any other way."

The two were now at a battlefield in the park near the Trainer's School. It looked like kids around the boy's age were all gathered around. "Dude, are you sure you wanna battle in front of a crowd? I don't wanna embarrass you in front of your friends!" Griff taunted, still smirking. The kid shouted. "Shut up and fight! Zangoose, go!" The Zangoose shot Griff and Flaire an apologetic look again as it walked to it's spot on the battlefield. Griff nodded to Flaire and the small Fire-Type stood on her part. "Quil!" Flaire squealed, the blue flames on its' back igniting. This caused some of the kids to stare in shock at it. "So, you ready, kid?"

Finlay really thought about Damian's suggestion about asking Shinx to join them. However, they had done what they could to treat her leg and it just takes rest for it to go back to 100% now. "Go check onShinx for us mate," Finlay said to Blake. Blake nodded his head and walked over to the cave and took a peek inside. Blake could see Shinx beside a Luxio and another Shinx. They both seemed to be resting inside and they didn't seem to be the most comfortable. They both were sweating intensely and they were breathing quite heavily, as they breathe you could hear their breathing pipes blocked slightly, causing discomfort I'm sure. Perhaps they were ill, or perhaps poisoned? Shinx then dropped the berry from her mouth and held the berry beside Luxio's mouth. Luxio slowly opened his eyes to see the Pink Berry. He weakly leaned towards it to take a bite out of the berry. Luxio chewed and swallowed its mouthful of the berry. It let out a deep breath and it already seemed to be a very healthy breathe compared to a moment ago. The same happened to the other Shinx and it had a similar reaction and quickly got better.

The Shinx and Luxio got enough strength to stand up again, but felt rather fatigued still. All three of them walked out and Shinx approached Blake and thanked him for helping out. "Shinx!" She thanked. Blake just simply nodded.

The others watched as Blake cautiously followed after their Shinx friend, and Damian was glad that the Electric-Type Pokemon was trusting of them enough after the battle. It took a minute or two until the Pokemon came back out, but he wasn't alone. He was surprised to see the Tyrogue followed out not only by the Shinx, but by a... Luxio, he thought? And yet another Shinx. Damian didn't really know what to do but wave at Shinx's family with a smile on his face. Drogon just looked bored, and plucked a stray berry off the ground for himself.

"I'm no kid!" The kid retorted. "My name is Peter Porkenson, and I challenge you will be my first victory against someone that doesn't go to this lame school!" Porkenson exclaimed, pointing a slim finger at Griffon. "Okay, my name's Griffon. Are you done boasting now?" He asked. "'Cause if you brought me out here just to boast, I'll go ahead and take my leave now." Griff quipped, which caused the majority of the gathered crowd to laugh. "Shut up!" Peter said. "Zangoose, use Crush Claw!" The Zangoose rolled its eyes as it's right paw became enveloped in bright, white light. It leaped into the air and slammed it's paw down. "Dodge it, then use Flame Wheel." Griff lazily called. Flaire dodged the attack with ease, the Zangoose was slow, for some odd reason. Griff decided to keep an eye on it. It was slammed in to by Flaire, now enveloped in flames.

"Zangoose, Poison Jab!" Peter ordered furiously. He was definitely getting riled up. Griff decided to try something. He put his index finger and his thumb to his mouth and whistled. Flaire dodged Zangoose's assault and moved over to Griff. He crouched next to Flaire and whispered to her. "Don't hit Zangoose, just keep it occupied. Try to talk to it, too. When I give you a nod, let it hit you." Flaire nodded. The Zangoose leaped over and continued its flurry of Poison Jabs. He noticed scratches and bruises on the Pokemon, and just how dirty its fur was. This Zangoose wasn't being properly taken care of. Griff decided to do something about it. He was going ti reveal Porkenson for what he was.

Flaire kept up dodging the attacks with ease, until Griff nodded to her, and she let herself get hit with a Crush Claw from the Zangoose. "There! It's about time you hit it!" Peter said in a scolding manner. Griff noticed that there was even a couple of teachers watching the fight. Griff noticed Zangoose nod to Flaire, and she returned the nod. Without waiting for another order, Flaire used Double Kick. The first kick hit Zangoose in the leg and sent it tumbling, and the second hit it in the head, knocking it to the ground. "No! You useless Pok-" Peter cut himself off when he realized what left his mouth. There were gasps from the crowd as Zangoose stood and stared at its' trainer, a look of complete hatred on it's face. Griff saw Peter's hand drift near a Pokeball and his legs looked like he was about to sprint off.

"Double Kick!" Griff called. Flaire charged Peter as he lifted the Pokeball up and sent him tumbling to the ground. The Pokeball fell out of his grip and went flying towards Zangoose. With a genuine smile on its face, Zangoose's paws becmae cloaked in a greenish-yellow hue, and it crossed it's arms, before it used an X-Scissor attack to cut the ball in half. "Well, job well done. See you all. Best of luck to you in the future, Zangoose." Griff said.

"Well, that's that." Griff stated as he began to walk off. "Goose! Zan! Zangoose!" He heard behind him as he began to walk towards the street. He turned to see the same Zangoose running on all fours towards him. Once it neared, Zangoose stood back on it's hind legs and looked at Griff, a smile plastered on it's face. "You wanna come with me, Zangoose?" He asked. Zangoose nodded. "Well then, I suppose. There's always room for more." Griff said as he took out an empty Luxury Ball and enlarged it, holding it out to Zangoose. The Cat Ferret Pokemon put it's paw up to he button and let it envelop him. Once it clicked, Griff sent Zangoose back out. "Well you need a nickname. Guy, right?" He guessed, to which Zangoose nodded. "How about Tavi?" Zangoose nodded, seemingly pleased with its' new nickname. "Great. Alright Tavi, I take it Porkenson never took you to the Pokemon center?" Tavi shook his head. "Then let's get you there right now."

"Huh, I guess those berries was more than just their food. I guess her family was ill and they needed a specific berry to make them get better," Finlay said to Damian, realizing what the actual situation was and why there was a conflict between them. Shinx approached Finlay and Damian and happily chirped. "Shi-Shinx!" It thanked the two trainers. "No problem, Shinx. I'm just glad that your family is well again," Finlay replied. Shinx nuzzled both their legs before approaching Drogon and lifted her paw for a fist pump. "Shin," She thanked him as well. Finlay thought about what Damian suggested earlier about asking Shinx to go with them, but he thought that here with her family is where she is happy and where she belongs so he didn't propose the idea to Shinx in the end. "I think we need to hurry in order to catch the coach in Celestic Town." Finlay said to Damian. "We need to head off now, Shinx. It was a pleasure meeting you," Finlay said to Shinx. Shinx then quickly looked up at Finlay with a slightly sad look, to hear that they were in a rush to leave. She waved goodbye as Finlay headed to Celestic Town.

"Wow... so she took on all those wild Pokemon to help them out," he said in awe. "And another good thing is we managed to fight the Bibarel away from that big stash of berries, so you and your family should have plenty to eat for a while, Shinx!" Drogon glanced down at the Shinx's paw before raising his own to reciprocate the action, showing his respect for the little Pokemon. Seraphina would have probably even liked her, too. Damian looked up from the Shinx family at Finlay's words, and for a moment he wanted to protest. He and Shinx had gotten along so well... but he understood why the other boy wanted to head off. He nodded, adjusting the straps of his pack before waving to Shinx one last time as the group left through the trees, Drogon copying him. "Bye, Shinx, good luck!"

In order to get to Celestic Town, the group had to pass through Route 210, which Damian was slightly nervous about. The map he pulled out to read as they walked described it as a narrow pass, a canyon covered in fog, trees, and tall grass, which snaked for miles through the steep mountains that surrounded it. When he first ran into Fin this morning, it was pretty early in the morning; after the encounter with the wild Pokemon, the sun was nearly at its highest point in the sky. He figured they would be okay, hopefully. After all, it shouldn't take an entire day to walk though some canyon... right? The trainers and their Pokemon followed the path until they came to a crossroads, with a sign in the middle pointing the way to Solaceon Town and Celestic Town. To their right, in the north, the dark mountains looked immense against the backdrop of blue sky, and Damian saw the canyon that would bring them to their destination.

"Oh, before I forget," he started as they began their walk anew. "Do you remember that purple glow that Blake had when he hatched? That was weird, right?"

(About to go in to work, so I give you permission to control my character for as long as you want!)

They reached the sign that pointed towards the two different ways that they could go. Finlay had completely forgotten about how route 210 tends to be covered in a thick fog nearer Celestic. However, as long as you stuck to the path it shouldn't be a problem. Finlay looked at the route ahead of them and could see the beginnings of a sinister fog in the distance. "This doesn't fill me with the greatest of confidence," Finlay said as he looked at the path ahead. "I guess we have to go that way and just stick to the path then," Finlay said as him and Damian headed towards the canyon. "Blake stay near me at all times. You'll be lost forever if you stray," Finlay said to Blake, he may be exaggerating slightly but it's not far off. Blake opened his eyes at the warning from Finlay and stood by his legs at all times like Finlay said.

Finlay pondered in thought as Damian brought up the interesting point about Blake when he hatched. "The purple glow, huh? Oh yeah, I remember. If I knew I would tell you. I didn't take much notice to be honest but now that you mention it, it is quite odd," Finlay replied realised that that he hadn't heard of a situation like this, not that he is educated in this department or anything. "Perhaps, Rowan has an answer, he seems to know everything," Finlay said.

The fog started to discreetly surround the trainers and limit their sight around them, leaving a difficult bearings of a few feet in front of them. "Stick to the path and we should be good," Finlay reminded everyone so that they don't unintentionally get distracted or anything. After a while, the sky started to get dimmer and dimmer. "Damn, it seems to be getting dark. Guess we're sleeping on the coach, it shouldn't be too far now," Finlay said as it slowly transitioned to night time and they made their way to Celestic Town.

"Your Pokemon have been treated from their wounds! If I may ask, what happened to your Zangoose? It looked like it hadn't been treated for injuries in a long time." The nurse inquired. "If I knew, I'd tell you. I just got him today, all I know is that his last trainer wasn't exactly a shining example to trainers around the globe." Griff shrugged as Tavi and Flaire both materialized in front of him. "It cool if we sleep on the couch, Nurse Joy?" Griff asked. " That's fine. But, while people do start to file in around this time, there are empty rooms we-" Griff waved her off as he walked over to the couch. "It's fine. Other people need it more than I do." He stated as he laid on the couch, his Pokemon finding comfortable spots next to him.

The closer they got to the canyon, the more their surroundings became shrouded with fog. Gradually, the flowers, tall grass, and bushes around them became more and more obscured until their shapes could hardly be seen at all, and they hadn't even breached the canyon itself yet. Damian was just glad Drogon's species had flaming tails, since it would be a lot easier to keep track of one another if they had a beacon. "It was so interesting. I've never even heard of something like that happening before," he told the other trainer, his form silhouetted against the cold, grey fog. "We should definitely ask him when we get there. I mean, he's the one who gave you the egg, right? He should know a thing or two." Following Finlay's intructions, Damian kept his eyes focused ahead, Drogon's tail helping slightly to differentiate where the sides of the path met the tall grass. About an hour in, their surroundings began getting much darker and they realized that night was falling.

The closer they got the Celestic Town, the harder their path became; the path took many turns, some declines, but even more inclines as they traversed up the mountainous canyon. In the distance, he could make out the sound of wild, rushing water. A river, maybe? Then, up ahead, Damian saw the outline of... two poles? No, they were attached to something... and as they approached, he saw what it was. An old wooden bridge stretched deep into the dark fog ahead of them, spanning a chasm so deep the bottom was obscured by fog, but the sound of rushing water was stronger than ever. As the cool spray hit his face, Damian was startled to realize the bridge was right next to a waterfall cutting into the cliffs to their right. "Whoah... this is pretty intense," he chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck as he stared over the bridge. He couldn't even see the other side. With a roll of his eyes, the trainer's Charmeleon marched forward, keeping a steady pace over the wooden planks. Drogon stopped about twenty feet out, looking back over his shoulder and waving them forward, his tail lighting the way.

"Char!"

OOC: Sorry if I haven't been posting as frequently. My work has kind of consumed me this week.

BIC: "Well, I don't actually know who it's from originally but I got it via Rowan and Maylene. It's a mystery at the moment," Finlay replied at the question about Rowan. As they approached the very safe looking, kind of, not really bridge. Finlay didn't get filled with the utmost of confidence. Blake felt the same way as Drogon as he shortly followed the fire type down the bridge as his torch lit the way. It seemed that Blake doesn't fear all that much, at least he hasn't run into anything that does. "This looks like a great idea," Finlay said sarcastically as he hesitantly followed the eager Pokemon across the bridge. The bridge definitely wasn't the most stable thing around, it swung slightly, making it a bit of a struggle to stand up straight. Finlay held the ropes, either side of him extremely tightly, giving himself small rope burns in his hands as if how hard you hold them will make a difference. "Tyrogue!" cheered Blake as he could see the end of the bridge, he did a little jump for joy onto the safe ground. Finlay quickly ran forward and leaped forward onto the ground. He rolled once before standing up again. He brushed himself down and gulped as he realized he wasn't discreet about his fear of heights. "Um...Not too far now!" He said trying to move on swiftly.

The fog cleared a bit making it a bit easier to see their surroundings and they seemed to be more people appearing as well, probably a sing of them getting close to Celestic Town. The then almighty arc held up by two poles, with writing on it saying "Welcome to Celestic Town!" Finlay had a smile on his face as he felt his body start to ache, they had finally arrived. "I think we need to hurry and get to the coach, I don't think we have much time to explore the Town," Finlay explained as he started to scan the Town for the Coach Station.

(It's all good! Same with me tbh) "Whoah, really? Not even a clue?" So Finlay had recieved a mysterious egg from an equally mysterious benefactor, huh? Damian's curiosity skyrocketed. Where did an egg like that come from, and how did it come to be? How different exactly was it? And perhaps the most burning question, who received it and sent it to Finlay, and why? Even Drogon looked at Blake with a cocked brow, as though the little Tyrogue would start glowing purple again. Hopefully in time, they would get to the bottom of this, though of course there was no real rush or worry; Blake, in their eyes, was amazing.

The cold spray of water stinging his face, Damian stood clutching one of the wooden posts that held the bridge up, watching his companions move on ahead. Maybe it was the fog keeping him from seeing more than a few yards ahead, or the implied depth of the chasm below, or the sudden chill that made his hair stand up, but Damian froze. He was thinking too much, but what if the bridge snapped? What if the boards beneath gave way? What if... "CHARMELEON!" Drogon's growl snapped him out of his thoughts, and he looked again and saw his partner's flaming tail waiting for him in the middle of the bridge. "C-Coming!" He called, hesitantly shuffling forward while focused on Drogon. He tried not to think of anything else and quickly caught up, following the Charmeleon across, but just as he was about to step back on land he gasped; the bridge had swayed. No, no, it had dipped it seemed, as if there was a sudden weight on it. As if someone on the other side had just... stepped onto it. Another chill traveled down his spine, and Damian looked back quickly to see nothing but wooden planks and ropes stretching into the dark fog they'd emerged from. Shaking his head, he quickly rejoined the others, and with his breathless and frantic whispers of "Let's go let's go let's go let's go," they were off again.

They realized they were getting closer to the center of Celestic Town when they began passing by homey looking cottages tucked away in the trees, the windows shining with light and presenting images of warmth against the cold fog outside. When they finally made it to the town, Damian almost collapsed with relief. "Awesome... and it only took us..." he paused to check the time. "Five or six hours of hiking," he chuckled lightly, though his voice portrayed how tired he was. Drogon nudged him, and the boy pet his Pokemon's head softly. "Oh, you're right, you're right. It is pretty dark now, anyway. Um... oh, excuse me?" Damian waved towards a man and woman walking down the road, a Growlithe at their heels. They carried shopping bags; maybe they were on their way home to make dinner. Nevertheless, the couple walked over to the two trainers. "Hey, there, are you two alright?" Asked the woman, tucking a lock of brown hair behind her ear.

"Um, yeah, we're okay thank you, literally just got into town. I was wondering if you knew where the coach station was? We have a bus to catch, like, right now."

"Oh, welcome, and it's a shame you couldn't stay to visit a bit longer! You're in luck, though, the station is just down this hill, across the way from our historical research center!"

"Thank you so much! Have a good night!" Damian waved bye to the strangers and gestured for Finlay to follow him down the path the couple had directed, moving at a jog. "Which bus are we catching again? The one to Eterna City?"

Finlay waved goodbye as he thanked the strangers as they made their way. He quickly followed Damian in the way that they directed us at. Blake steadily kept up with everyone, though he was getting rather tired. It was a very busy and tiring day for Blake, especially since it was his first. He gradually became a bit sluggish in his body language and bags started to appear under his eyes. Finlay noticed the obvious body language of his partner. "Don't worry, bud. You'll be able to get a good sleeping a minute," Finlay said trying to encourage Blake to push that little further.

Finlay inspected the different stops for the specific coach that will take them to Eterna City. He looked over at one that had people already boarding the coach. He looked at the message board on the coach and read. "Stop to Eterna City via Mt. Coronet" Finlay's eyes widened as he realized that the coach they were getting on was about to leave. "Damian, this way!" Finlay yelled as he ran towards the queue, which was getting smaller and smaller, filling up the coach. "Hey, don't leave yet!" Finlay said. The driver spotted Finlay's cries as he was stepping into the coach, he sighed and opened up the side of the coach again so he could put away their luggage. "I'll put away your luggage here. Make sure that there are no Pokemon in the bags since they'll be stuck there for a few hours," The driver said. Finlay didn't really take any notice to what the driver said and handed over his bag to him before walking on to coach. Blake slowly following on to the coach. The coach then warned that Drogon's tail is a hazard for everyone on board and that they have to remain in their Pokeball. Finlay urgently found a seat and Blake sat next to him and almost immediately knocked out in the seat, quietly snoring. Finlay scoffed at the funny sight of Blake falling asleep, the moment he got off his feet.

The Coach driver got onto the Coach but seemed to have quite a grumpy look. He marched over to Finlay holding his bag. "I SAID. No Pokemon in the luggage!" He yelled. Finlay simply stared back with wide eyes. "Umm...good for you," Finlay said, really confused as to what he was suggesting. He then rolled his eyes and pointed at his bag. There was something slim and black pointing out of the bag with a star at the end of it. It then twitched and something inside the bag moved around. "Oh..." Finlay said not really knowing what's going on still. The tail went inside the bag and out came the head of...Shinx?! "Shinx?! What are you doing here?" Finlay exclaimed. "Shinx!" She chirped happily, jumping out of the bag and nuzzling Finlay. "See, it was you Pokemon," The Coach driver said before marching off the coach again to put away Finlay's bag and sat in the driver seat as the doors closed. It had gotten very late now and everyone was trying to get some sleep on the coach, which wasn't a bad idea at all.