• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Journey Legends: Kanto's Starting Grounds

Be sure to apply: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-journey-legends-kanto-sign-up.19240/

Every Region has a legend to tell, and the Kanto Region is no different. Many years ago a boy from Pallet Town was crowned the champion of the Region after having successfully won the Pokemon League Tournament and successfully conquering the Elite Four. This boy lead the Kanto Region into a time of peace especially with the disappearance of Team Rocket. However not all is peaceful, some people still follow Team Rocket's desires in exploiting Pokemon, they are known as Pokemon Poachers. Criminals who catch Pokemon and sell them for money, stopping at nothing to get what they want.

Meanwhile in Pallet Town, Professor Oak continues to begin young trainers on their path to becoming Pokemon Trainers.

"Finally," exclaimed the voice of a young boy. A boy who was no older than 15 called Will, walked into the small town known as Pallet Town, "This is where my journey will really begin!" he declared happily. He admired all of the people living with Pokemon doing various things such as farming, helping others, training, and just relaxing. Will looked across town to see a hill with a large lab on the top, "That must be Professor Oak's lab," he muttered as he made a mad sprint through the town, "My first Pokemon, a Pokedex, everything I could dream of!" he shouted as he jumped into the air, only to soon slip up the landing and fall to his back, "Ow," he muttered.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Man this is annoying, I rathered be home sleeping the day away." Rick said as he scratched the back of his head. Rick saw as the random guy slipped and fell onto ground and so Rick passed him and headed towarded the professor's lab. "Hey dude stop day dreaming, if you're a trainer....might as well act like one." Rick said as he entered the lab.

Last edited:
"Well excuse me for being excited," Will replied as he got up and rubbed his back, before entering the lab, "It doesn't really matter what you say anyway since I'm going to be the greatest Pokemon Trainer," Will smirked as he walked upstairs where he was greeted by a older man with a white lab coat, "You must be Professor Oak!" Will exclaimed, happily as he approached the man.

"Yes I am," the man confirmed, "You must be one of the new trainers beginning their journey today." Professor Oak then signaled one of his assistants which brought over a cart that had some Pokedex's as well as Pokeballs.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rick had just made it up the stairs. "Hello Professor Oak, I'm Rick one of the kids who accepted your offer about the Pokedex." Rick said just as he Reached his hand out toward professor Oak with a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too Rick." Professor oak said firmly. "Now then would you two like to meet your new companion and pokedex."

Rick had declined the professor's offer for a new companion, there so he asked only for the Pokedex so he could start his journey.

Angel, with four badges under her belt, had decided to have a nostalgia trip. She'd asked a friend's Pokémon to fly her to Pallet Town so she could start over somewhat- and Shellby, her Wartortle, was close in tow. It was always uplifting to come back to the professor's lab, seeing young- or older- trainers starting their journeys. She saw a guy with weird white hair, and gave him a quizzical look as she turned to the Professor and had a chat with him, reminding her who she and Shellby were. He greeted them both with vivacity, and she shook his hand.

"So," she said to the two trainers present in the lab. "New journey?"

Will shrugged as the kid next to him denied the offer, "I'd like to pick a Pokemon Professor." Will watched as Professor Oak signaled and three Pokemon ran in, one has a plant on it's back and was called Bulbasaur, another had a flame on the end of it's tail and was known as Charmander, the last was called Squirtle and seemed to have a very tough shell.

"Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur," Professor Oak began, "These are the three first partner Pokemon for new trainers in the Kanto Region, which one would you like to accompany you on your journey."

Will smiled as he walked over, "I've already decided," he knelt down and offered his hand towards Squirtle, "Squirtle, do you want to come with me on my journey?" he asked, Squirtle examined for a moment before happily leaping into Will's arms, "Awesome, Squirtle's my first Pokemon!" Will cheered before feeling a tap on his shoulder.

"Before you go, you'll need Squirtle's Pokeball," Professor Oak stated as he handed Will a Pokeball.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rick had ignored the strange girl and tooked the Pokedex from the professors assistance.

"Thank you Professor Oak I'll take my leave now." Rick said as he left the building.

"Okay rick be safe on your travels and I hope you accomplish your goals."

Rick had headed towards viridian city to gather some supplies for himself and his Pokemon.