• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon - Johto Adventures

“Shinx!” Shinx screeched in reply to Isabell, then Skylar got out a Pokeball and threw it at the Hoothoot, “Here we GO!” It clicked, once, twice.. then the Pokemon broke free, shooting another move at the Shinx. Skylar sighed, “Shinx, Bite!” The move finished off the Hoothoot, leaving some money behind as a reward. “Maybe next time, right, buddy?” The Shinx gave the cash to Skylar, then the girl walked over to Tsubaki with the Pokemon she was thinking to catch, “Want some pocket cash?” She whispered to her.

Tsubaki was caught off guard by her, as Euro went for the honchkrow. The meowth took a flying leap at the big bird, only for it to swipe him away with a wing attack.

"Sure. I could use all the cash I can get," Tsubaki said quickly, before barking another order at Euro, "Use water pulse!"

The expression on Navarro's face remained complacent as he faced the girl, awaiting a response that would hopefully come. She cocked an eyebrow at him, which he nevertheless interpreted as slight confusion - or more than slight confusion. Finally, after several agonizing moments, she answered him.

Tsubaki

Well, it turns out his assumption was correct - she was certainly of asian descent, and apparently assisted in operating an orphanage. Before he could inquire further, though, she walked off to presumably go catch a new Pokemon. Not everybody had the attention span of an owl, Navarro thought.

He had a name, and a single name could unlock a myriad of information later if the boy desired, and so Navarro placed himself at ease. Mission accomplished, or at least close enough. It was time to return to the other trainer he had met, Otis. An odd name for a female, he noted vaguely.

Hoping that Victor was well off enough, Navarro turned around and paced back towards where he had left the crustacean, contemplating what could have gone wrong in his absence.

Navarro arrived in front of the group of people and Pokemon, forcing a smile to grasp his lips.

"I got somebody's name. How was Victor? Not too much trouble, I hope?" Navarro said to Otis.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis smiled at Navarro, “No, Victor wasn’t in any trouble at all.” Nia looked up at her trainer, and she nodded in agreement. Nia ran over to Victor, and told him that his trainer was here. Otis looked at Nia happily, she was proud that her pokemon might make a friend. She sighed, and looked at a passing cloud in the sky.

After Tony sprayed the Potion on the Munchlax's wound, Munchlax instantly got up, feeling better already, much to Lena's delight. "Nice, glad I could help." Tony said nonchalantly. The Munchlax smiled and walked up to Tony. "What is it?" He asked, Munchlax decided to explain it to Lena, who instantly understood and approved before turning to Tony and took one of his Poke balls. "Ah, so you wanna join us and get stronger, huh? I should warn you, it'll be a lot of hard work to become a strong Pokemon, are you sure you wanna join?." Tony said, the Munchlax nodded and pointed to his own forehead. "Alright, in you get." he said as he tapped the Poke ball on Munchlax's forehead who instantly turned to a strange light that entered the Poke ball.

After three light shakes, the Poke ball rang to confirm a successful catch. "Alright, I just got myself a Munchlax." Tony said as Lena cheered gleefully. "What do you say we train him and yourself before we battle the Gym, eh?" Tony asked Lena who responded cheerfully whilst Munchlax came out of the ball and did the same. "Alright, let's get training!" Tony said a bit more confidently as Lena and Munchlax looked around for other wild Pokemon, both eager and ready for battle.

Skylar handed the cash over to Tsubaki with a smile, then quietly left to keep looking for Pokemon herself. She saw a Munchlax which quickly dissapeared into a Pokeball and got caught by a man. Shinx had already run over to them, with Skylar reluctantly in tow. She did a small wave to the boy, “Uh, hi..” Shinx jumped up, “Shinx!” Skylar laughed, “It says hello.”

Tony turned his eyes to the Shinx and curiously raised an eyebrow as it jumped. Lena ran over to the Shinx to jump with it, Munclax on the other hand merely nodded at it and returned to looking for challenges... unless Tony planned on battling it. "What's up?" Tony replied nonchalantly to the girl that approached them. "I assume this is your Shinx judging by how you followed it?" He asked as he put his hands in his pockets.

Robert overheard the other trainers talking about catching more Pokémon and thought that he should do the same. He turned to the girl with the Venipede and said, "I should be going now. I guess I'll see you around." He then proceeded to walk away from the group, with Misdreavus following him.

The two found some grass outside of town and looked around for any Pokémon.

While looking, Misdreavus floated a bit away from Robert to cover more ground.

The honchkrow was smacked to the floor with the force of the water blast, but instead of looking like it had done much lasting damage, the creature instead became enraged, hitting back with a harsh dark pulse. Euro narrowly avoided the blow, before being ordered to deck the creature with pay day. Finally, it seemed, the bird was down.

Tsubaki grabbed a pokeball from her pocket. "Nice work, Euro, now, let's go, pokeball!"

The trainer launched her ball at the prized honchkrow, only for the creature to realise instantly what was happening, and fly away, vanishing in a puff of haze. The pokeball instead hit the murkrow it had been beating up, capturing it without a struggle.

Tsubaki picked up the pokeball, huffing. "Fuck. I wanted that prize honchkrow, but now I'm stuck with the runt of the murder," she sighed, "Looks like it was hurt, though, so I can use this to take it to a pokemon centre, and then get rid of it."

As Misdreavus continued to look around, the grass started to rustle underneath her. The ghost-type looked down with curiosity. "Dreavus?" She said.

All of sudden, a Skitty jumped out the rustling grass and towards Misdreavus in hopes of reaching her, "Nya!" Unfortunately Skitty was not able to reach the ghost-type and fell back to the ground, but the normal-type kept trying because she wanted to play with Misdreavus.

Meanwhile Misdreavus was just floating there with a confused face as to why this Skitty is trying reach her.

Robert heard the Skitty and turned to see her trying to reach Misdreavus. "A Skitty?" He said to himself.

"Yeah, it's mine!" Skylar told the boy, reaching out her hand to him to shake, "I'm Skylar, it's nice to meet you. I'm just here to catch Pokemon, although it's not going so good right now." She beamed a smile, then Shinx played with Lena, interested by the new Pokemon. She patted her Shinx gently on the head, "This one is good at meeting new people, aren't you?" She giggled as it nodded its head, then returned back to jumping.

Tony looked at Skylar's hand for a brief moment before he shrugged and accepted the handshake. "Tony." He said with a light smile. "The Riolu with me is Lena and the Munchlax is... a recent addition to my team." He added whilst Lena happily waved at both Shinx and Skylar whilst Munchlax lightly hopped back and forth in the hopes to find a battle and as soon as possible.

Skylar heard a hoot, "That's the Pokémon I wanted!" She said, smiling at Tony, "Shinx, quick!" Shinx ran with Skylar to the spot where they heard the noise, then the Hoothoot emerged out of the grass. Skylar shouted moves to her Pokémon, which successfully got the health down, then she threw the Pokeball. One click.. two click.. and.. three! "I've got it!" She shouted, running over to Tony again. She showed him the no longer empty ball, then let the Hoothoot out. "Hoothoot!" It said, and Skylar patted its head.

Robert thought to himself as he watched the Skitty jumping up to reach Misdreavus and then back down. 'Maybe I should add this Skitty to my team,' he thought. He pulled out a Pokéball and tossed it at the Skitty while it was still distracted with Misdreavus.

When Skitty stopped jumping and turned to Robert, the Pokéball bounced off of its forehead and sucked the normal-type into the Pokéball. After a couple of shakes, the ball clicked; indicating that the Skitty was captured.

Robert picked up the Pokéball with a smile. "Looks like I caught a Skitty," he said.

"Dreavus," Misdreavus replied with a nod.