• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon - Johto Adventures

"I said, don't cheap out on me, kid. If you think I'm only taking one hundred yen prize money, when I swept your whole team with just my meowth, then you're even dumber than I thought!"

A little girl in a grand dress shuffled back a bit. "But I..."

"You know the rules," Tsubaki said coldly, "If you lose a battle, you have to give out prize money. And you've given me nothing but pennies so far. It's not like you can't afford it, or anything, can you, because look at you. Bet that dress cost your rich daddy a fortune!"

"But"--

"But what? You think you're above the rules of battle because you're rich? You think it's ok to scam me just because I wasn't spoiled rotten?"

The little girl shook her head, taking out an extra ten thousand yen. "N-no, miss..."

"Now that's more like it," Tsubaki spat, yanking it off her, "I'm gone."

Tsubaki left the little girl quietly, Euro at her side. The meowth hissed at the little girl, before joining his mistress, in a dagashi store.

Tsubaki cocked an eyebrow at the stranger. It was rather strange that she knew her name, despite them never having met before. "Some cheap kid who wouldn't pay up after I beat her," she spat, "That nasty brat."

She picked up an umaibo--A tonkatsu flavour one, at that--And some melon flavoured ramune. Euro was clamouring for a big katsu, so she picked one of those up for him.

"One word, money," she said coldly, "I do whatever I have to do to get it. Battles, gambling, you name it. I don't care what I have to do, as long as I get my three hundred-thousand yen."

Euro glanced up at her. "I have a debt I need to pay off. Well, actually, it's Miss Fumiko's debt, but there's no way she can pay it off. So I need to do it."

"A battle, you say? If you're willing to pay handsomely, I'll consider it," she responded, "Euro's pretty tough, but he could use a scratching post for his claws."

The meowth glared at the other trainer, with a sharp hiss. "Let's get this show on the road."

Tsubaki paid for her snacks and left the shop in silence, stopping a few feet away from it. She took her dog tags off, and clipped them around Euro's neck, ensuring that the amulet coin was in place.

"Let's make it a quick one-on-one," she began, cracking open her soda, "One pokemon, no substitutions, and no healing items allowed."

Tsubaki smirked. The great thing about Euro was that he was a normal type, thus rendering him a blank slate, movepool-wise. He could learn virtually any type of move, and shut down any kind of opponent. He was the everyman winner Tsubaki needed.

"Euro, begin with pay day!" she began, and the meowth hung back as he summoned a stream of gold coins. This move was just a set up. Damage, plus it guaranteed Tsubaki getting extra money after the battle...

Tsubaki smirked. Set-up time was over. It was time to go in for the kill.

"Euro, use water pulse! And make sure you hit hard!"

The meowth summoned a pulsing sphere of water, launching it at the huge fire type gracefully, as he spun out of range of the flamethrower. She'd made him learn this move specifically for the purpose of warding off big fire types, and it normally worked wonders.

Tsubaki smirked, recalling Euro to her side, after the meowth had collected the extra coins from the pay day.

"A decent amount," she answered, "I'm thinking at least a thousand yen. Or more."

Last edited:
Tsubaki folded her arms. "A thousand yen is like, nothing, kid. It's barely the price of a meal in a restaurant, or didja forget how the monetary system works 'round here?"

It was common for foreigners to be alarmed when they lost in battle, and the winner demanded ten thousand ten. 100 yen was about the equivalent of a dollar, to the rest of the world.

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
Cassandra glanced up from her bench. The two girls' arguing was distracting her from her book. She sighed and flipped another page of the novel, absent - mindedly stroking her Venipede, Naboris, with three fingers. The arguing slowly began to increase in volume, and finally Cassandra could stand it no longer.

"Would you please, please be quiet?" she asked loudly. "Some of us are doing something important."

Last edited:
Tsubaki eyed the newcomer with a steely gaze, which was mirrored by Euro. The meowth added a sharp hiss, for good measure, before hissing, once more, at the cheap trainer with the Typhlosion, who was refusing to pay the appropriate amount of prize money.

"Funny," Tsubaki said coldly, "I don't think I was talking to you. I was busy dealing with Miss Cheapo over here," and she gestured back to the other trainer. "Some people won't pay out when they lose, like they're supposed to. Some people think they can scam me, and get away with it!"

She glanced back at the other trainer. "Are you gonna give me the prize money you owe me, or am I gonna have to beat it outta you?" she threatened, "Some of us have important things they need money for. Some of us are gonna lose the only home we've ever had, if we don't pull together three hundred-thousand yen in time!"

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
"Hello," Cassandra said shyly. She couldn't believe she had spoken up. She was usually very soft - spoken and quiet, but the other girl had angered her. Her Venipede chirruped and looked at the other girls. His eyes were large and innocent, but he seemed to reflect her annoyance.

"Why do you need money?" Cassandra asked. She was unusually observant, and she was curious to why this snarky teenager was bullying children for their money. It didn't seem like a foolproof way to gather needed currency. She closed her novel, tucked it into the pocket of her hoodie, and stood up, picking Naboris up with her. The Venipede's little legs squirmed.

Tsubaki raised an eyebrow. "Well, looks like it's sob-story time," she responded, "I'm from an orphanage called Camellia House, see? And a few months ago, we were behind on our bills, so Fumiko-san...The owner, that is, had to borrow some money from some shady guys to pay them off. But now, we're in tons of debt, three hundred thousand yen, to be exact, and unless we can find a way to pay it off, Camellia House is gonna be shut down...And I'm gonna lose the only home I've ever had."

Tsubaki sighed softly, not used to being this weak in public. "Oka-san doesn't want me, because I'm a rape baby, and Otou-san doesn't even know I exist, so..." she swallowed, "Fumiko-san, and Camellia House, are all I've got."

It was a bit of an unusual sight. Entering Violet City on the back of a Ponyta, the girl pushed back her cowboy hat looked around at the city in awe. It was indeed a very pretty city, quite different from the urban and mountainous areas of Kanto. Trees seem to surround the town, making it have a very serene atmosphere. In the distance, the cowgirl could see Bellsprout Tower rising above the trees.
"Gol~ly!" Jenny said, looking around the city with a big smile on her face. "This place sure is different from Kanto, huh Pepper?"
The Ponyta, Pepper, simply whinnied and shook her head.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis had just woken up, “Wow, this place is so different from Unova!” Her Mom, Lily, giggled, “Yeah, I thought you would like this place!” Otis looked outside her window, “Can I check out the next town?” Lily smiled, “Sure! Just be careful, okay sweetie?” Otis looked at her mom and said, “Okay, thanks mom!” Otis ran outside, and started on a route to CherryGrove City. A Venipede was at her side, and her name was Nia. Nia was just as curious as Otis, she wanted to look at the other towns too.

Soon they arrived at Cherrygrove City. “Wow, this place is so beautiful! Do you want to go to the next town, Nia?” Nia looked thoughtfully at Otis, and nodded. “Okay, then let’s go!” Otis raced off to the next town, Violet City, with Nia just behind Otis.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis was in Violet City, it was beautiful! Otis saw the person that called out to her, “Yes, I am new here!” Otis walked over Isabell, with Nia on Otis’s shoulder.

Skylar woke up with a Shinx at the foot of her bed, "Shinx!" It screeched, then raced up to her top half to drag her out of the covers. "Shinx, you can't just-" Skylar landed on the floor, with Shinx laughing, still on her bed. "Hey! I guess I'll have to get up, thanks to you." She quickly got changed, then ran downstairs after her parents had left for work. With Shinx in tow, she grabbed some toast, quickly ate it, and went outside to get some exercise and train. Shinx ran off towards Isabell and another girl, and Skylar ran after it. She got down on her knees, quietly panting, until she realised it was Isabell in front of her. "Isabell!" She shouted, then pulled her in for a hug. Shinx chuckled again, "SHINX!" And it ran in to hug both of their legs.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis jumped back a bit when another girl and a Shinx came out of nowhere. Nia jumped off of Otis’ shoulder, landing softly on the ground. She walked towards the Shinx, her antennas twitched in a way that showed curiosity. Otis looked at the girls hugging, “Well, can you both tell me your names?” She wanted to make new friends, so she might start now.

Tony walked down the path between Azalea town and Violet city, making his way toward the latter, behind him was a cheerful looking Riolu with a beautiful little red scarf. Tony however didn't look as excited knowing his journey was just him and the Riolu... not that he didn't like her. He sighed and put his hands in the pockets of his opened black duster coat as the pair arrived in Violet city and looked around for anything interesting they could use for their travels ahead.

"Just gonna ignore me, are ya?" Tsubaki scoffed, "Just what I'd expect from you spoiled brats. None of you care if people out there are struggling, as long as you've got everything you want."

Euro hissed at the newcomers, mightily peeved too.

"I'm outta here. I'm not wasting any more time on you, when I could be using it to save my orphanage," she spat, "Unless any of you know a quick way to make three-hundred-thousand yen in a flash?"

~Rinko~

Previously PrincessPika~chan
Imena ran through the trees near Violet City, Amity trailing behind her, “Come on Yoriya! You’re losing the race!” Imena called out behind her.

“Arya... za... I... can’t... keep... up...” Amity panted, before running to catch up with Imena, “So this is Violet City... It looks so much nicer in reality than in the pictures I’ve seen of it...” she sighed, “Anyways, time to get something to eat after that race!”

“Okay Yoriya! I am quite hungry after all. Maybe our Pokémon should have a snack too...” Imena said before sending out her Chikorita.

“Chiko riiii. Chiko riiii. Chikoriiiita!” the small, green quadruped Pokémon said sleepily, she was tired and didn’t want to be woken up by anyone, not even Imena.

Imena bent down to pick the Chikorita up, “Come on Lauretta! Me and Yoriya are going to get some snacks and I thought you might want some too,” she said before starting to stroke the Chikorita’s leaf.

Amity plucked two Pokéballs from her belt “Come on out Taura and Vanessa!” she called out as she tossed the balls high up into the air, out came a Snubbull and a Caterpie; Amity picked the two Pokémon up; “You want some snacks right Taura? I mean you love to eat a lot after all,” she said to the Snubbull she was holding, whilst the Caterpie was fast asleep.

“Snu, Snu BULL!” Taura said, nodding her head viciously.

Amity smiled, “Okay then, where are we going to get some snacks from? The main restaurant, the snack stall or the dagashi store?”

“I don’t mind Yoriya, you pick,” Imena smiled.

Amity looked over her shoulder, “Okay then. Oh, and please, don’t call me ‘Yoriya’, it’s annoying” she said before walking over to the dagashi store “Hi! I’m Amity Ludivine-Yori Safiyya, but you can just call me Amity, what are all of your names?” Amity smiled at the people nearby the store, Imena tapped Amity’s shoulder lightly “Oh, of course, this is my best friend, Imena Rya Esperanza, though she likes to be called ‘Arya-za’,” Amity giggled slightly whilst Imena sighed and turned her head away.

Eliza grinned broadly her stormy grey eyes sparking with excitement as Shar jumped over the tackle Bugs tried to deliver.

"Right! Now!" Eliza shouted, watching Shar spin and deliver a scratch to Bugs' metal hard armor. The Aron braced then lashed out, spitting up mud that struck Shar, causing her to yelp and fall back.

"Nice try Elzy," June laughed hands in pockets. He wore designer jeans today, his shiny silver lightning bolt earrings swinging freely as he watched the fight, his blue eyes a light with happiness. Eliza fancied him her rival, a friendly matter however as they had met some time ago, becoming quick friends.

"Shush it!" Eliza barked biting into her bottom lip, her eyes searching for an opening. Bugs pawed at the ground, smiling confidently. "Alright Shar! Try another scratch!"

The charmander dashed forward, growing and raising a tiny clawed hand, striking at the Aron.

The corner of June's mouth lifted into a smirking smile, and his blue eyes flashed. "Now Bugs!"

Aron opened her tiny mouth and let lose more mud, striking the Charmander and knocking him back.

"Dangit!" Eliza jumped in place, striking the air with her fists while June laughed.

"Enoughs enough, Eliza... Poor Shar looks tired," he smiled, walking over and crouching by the fire lizard, carefully whipping mud from his face.

"Yeah..." Eliza mumbled, unable to disagree with June. He always knew so much... guess that's what you got when you went to a school. "Next time I'll get you though!" she shouted out.

"Sure," June smiled up at Eliza before pushing himself up and grinning. "You're gonna be the strongest trainer in Cherrygrove soon!"

"The world!" Eliza corrected pumping her fist into the air.

June laughed and inclined his head. "Y-yeah, the world," he halfheartedly raised his fist with hers.

Tsubaki ripped open Euro's big katsu, passing it to him. The meowth was getting more restless by the minute, and she didn't want to run the risk of him going amok.

"Serizawa Tsubaki," she said bluntly, "Not that I'm expecting you to call me, 'Serizawa-san, or anything like that. I'm gonna be honest with you, Euro and I are out for one thing, and one thing only, and that's money. I have to pay off my orphanage's debt."

“My name is Skylar. This here is my Shinx. It currently.. doesn’t have a nickname, I want to give it one some time.” The Shinx nodded, then looked over at an annoyed woman. “Shinx? Who’s that you’re- Oh!” Skylar shut her mouth as the woman started complaining, without speaking a nice word to any of the new - comers. “Hello to you too.” She raised an eyebrow, listening about an orphanage. “You get cash as a reward for battling trainers, and fighting wild Pokemon. Your Meowth looks rowdy.. I’m sure it could do that.” She then spoke again, “Or see if anyone around town needs help, they’ll also give you some cash as thanks.”

"For the time being, the only profitable thing I've found to do is battling," Tsubaki answered, "Euro's pretty tough. But it can be hard getting people to pay up a decent amount of cash. I need three hundred thousand yen, not pocket change."

Euro tore into his snack, giving an affirmative grunt. "I need to find something more stable. I need more money, and I need it fast. It's the least I owe to Fumiko-san, for taking me in when nobody else wanted me."

Navarro watched the congregation unfold from his comfortable chair in a nearby cafe, Victor sleeping inconsistently at his foot. Dregs of anxiety still prickled his veins, as he shifted uneasily in his seat. He sipped at the Komala Coffee in his hands, the favorite brand of his father, and his favorite as well - but that was besides the point, the teenage boy reasoned.

He checked his watch. Navarro always admired the endless ticking of the long hands there, turning and spinning endlessly with no regards for current event. It was like the ocean, in a way, with the ironic inevitability and the disregard for day to day life. The object operated on the basic principle of time, and for that, the trainer could admire the devices.

It wasn't too late, and it wasn't like he had anything on his schedule - did he even have a schedule? That was contemplation for later. Despite his normal reserved nature, a spurious spike of curiosity was penetrating his brain, as it so often did now that he was exploring the region, and so Navarro quickly grabbed one of the straps to his back pack and slung the container over his shoulder. With his free hand, he picked up Victor, holding him close to his side. The Krabby gave a low grunt of satisfaction.

Exiting the cafe into the fresh air of Violet City, Navarro narrowed his eyes towards the gathering crowd. They all had relatively standard appearances, though one girl stood as a bit of an oddball - tied black hair and a tank top that seemed to emanate angst. The boy watched them attentively, as he slowly drew nearer to them all. He wondered if they would notice him, not that it mattered anyways, though. There were so many people within the region that a few people thinking he was a weirdo probably wouldn't make too much of a difference in the grand scheme of things.