• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Infinity Academy!

I might be a little late to the party due to some work I had to do earlier, but I would like to Axew a question before I sign up. (This is going to @CosmicDreams to avoid confusion.)

Soooooo...

Regarding the part on Fakemon, I was wondering if I could use one of mine for the RP. (I am asking this because I would like to use my recently made creation and also because the rules do not state anything on the usage of Fakemon; so I usually ask this before just diving right in.)

Well alright thanks. I'll get right to signing up as soon as possible then. (Keep in mind that my Pokémon bios will be having quite a lot of information and one is an unofficial type that I've finally made the weaknesses, resistances and immunities for with my pristine rationality.)

@Pretty Pichu I'm going to let some other people post before I respond, partly because I dont want to fill up the rp any further with just the two of us and partly because that was a big ole post you just replied with and I'm unsure how to reply to it without my own wall of text. So I'm just going to wait for the students to arrive if that's okay with you :)

Also I'm sure people noticed I changed the age of Flint, I just felt 18 was too young for a teacher.

Yeaaa, but it's so much fun XD

And I doubt anybody with about 8+ years of not-so hardcore experience about Pokemon would even qualify to be a teacher. You have to be good with students and know a lot of what you're talking about XD my character is working with Professor Rowan with the Pokemon Evolutions. But there's just too much knowledge in Pokemon XD someone could be studying it for 50 years and not understand all of it, or learn everything yet XD

That's fair XD

I'll get a reply up when I get home from work in about 4 hours from now, even if nobody else is yet to reply. Its not like Shade and Flint wont have to get to know each other anyway, gonna be a lot of conversations between the two of them with their current occupations and all :p

yea XD and Sean and Angelia are being played by me, so I'll have them interact with each other, and OH MAN there's gonna be a HUGE wall of text XD LOL oh dear...

I'll just wait until someone else posts.... XD

@Zman890, just to let you know we are in Slateport City. I don't actually know where the school is, so it might not be in the city. It could be on Mt. Pyro or Sootopolis City for all I know. XD That's just one thing that I'll have to say, but that was about it. I'll post my character's reaction like you've just arrived at Slateport City.

I belive its on "Birth Island", wherever that is. I'm hoping to get moving to the school soon so we can stop with the clumped up nature of our current situation. And so we dont get stuck in any tedious rp mud XD

I guess we are teleporting via Chu?

Nope
But I guess I read somewhere that it was on Birth Island XD ahh, the Island where you find Deoxys, I believe. Alright, since it's quite the barren triangle, it's a great spot to put a Pokemon School there. Pretty sure the Deoxys living there doesn't live there anymore, since it's been a few years after the events of ORAS, and Birth Island was a thing back in FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald with the Aurora Ticket as an Event-Exclusive Item.

Also, Birth Island is in the Sevii Islands. Although, when we look at where the regions are in correlation to one another, then on could say that Hoenn is next to he Sevii Islands XD

Here's the link to what Birth Island is: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Birth_Island (Birth Island - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia)

I edited my last post, so it included what I had missed XD Apparently, my computer didn't tell me about the alerts in this thread until after I submitted by two-cents.

Where will the kids live? Will there be any dorms? Didn't you say it was on Birth Island? Because that's just a triangular island in the Sevii Islands, south of Kanto and east of Hoenn.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Yea I was wondering whether or not I should do dorms. Depends on what everyone says. I agree with dorms, but even if that is the case I've been in a RP with another dorm mate so I also need to know if people want that or just dorms by themselves

I would think just give people the option to have roommates in dorms. If they don't want to, then they don't have to. Also, Shade will practically be living in her office, as she'll be making a room next to her office. Angel will have a dorm.

I want to post but I'm gonna need more details from our @CosmicDreams before I do so, like what are we even meant to be doing right now? Are we just chilling for a day, exploring the grounds? Do the teachers get personal classrooms they can set up? When do the students start lessons? and most importantly what does the academy look like?

Well, from what it looks like, I'm assuming that he's having a little trouble judging from what's going on in the conversation. (Though I'd be more than happy to help out once I'm done with my character bios since I'm still working on my regional variant for my lovely Cranidos.)

From what it seems like this might probably need him to get over here as soon as possible to resolve this urgent matter swiftly.

Well, I'm finally finished with my character bio, as there is quite a wall of information since the Pokémon my character has are my Fakemon after all. (Including one that is my own regional variant for an official one.)

Trainer Info:
Name:
Her name is Serah Avalon.
Hometown: Her hometown is within the lavish, Avaloian District, which is located in the northern area of Camtonia.
Appearance: Serah stands at a short height of 4'11", as she has light muscle mass and a skinny build. She has blue eyes, long blond hair in a ponytail, and some freckles on her small nose. She wears a pale white camp shirt and a pale blue, short-sleeved skort. She has on black, knee boots and wears a dark brown satchel around her left shoulder.
Personality: Serah has a gentle outlook towards others, as she is rather compassionate towards the young. Her optimistic nature leads her to persuade others to get them to see other stories instead of looking at everything in black and white. She can be rather overprotective of her Pokémon since she spoils him with a shower of love.
Pokémon: She has a Pritotdus and a Camtonian Cranidos. (See below for more information.)
Other: She has her Signita staying back with her mother in Camtonia because he is currently in therapy and treatment for his psychosis. She also carries his Poké Browser to remember him by while hoping he can soon live a better, but surely different life.

Pritotdus Info:
Name:
His name is currently unknown.
Species: Pritotdus / Lil' Operations Pokémon
Type: Cyber (Yes, I'll be getting into their weaknesses and resistances here calm down people!)
Age: His age is currently unknown, though he does look awfully young.
Native Region: Camtonia
Height: 1'04" / 40.64 cm
Weight: 7.2 lbs / 3.27 kg
Primary Moves: Swift Strike, Recovery Drive, Shoot n' Scoot, Digiload. (See Moves Information for more information.)
Ability: Suppression (Attacking a Pokémon has a slight chance to interrupt their attack or even put them into a state of panic; causing them to go into uncontrollable bursts of fear for a brief moment. The chances of this ability working is increased on weaker Pokémon and decreased on stronger ones. This ability cannot occur more than once every second and physical-based moves have a higher chance of triggering this ability.)
Hidden Power: Dark
Appearance: Pritotdus is a small, humanoid Pokémon that has a primarily earth stone gray, humanoid body composed of predominantly data and other miscellaneous matter. When he is in sleep mode, his body is curled into a small, cube-like structure to preserve his internal temperatures and energy. His gray, antenna-like tail still protrudes upward in a slight manner, as it can be pulled to awaken him from his nap; though he typically despises this. In the times that he is awake however, his body appears to have a regular shape of a robot that looks like a toddler to most eyes. The veins on his body sometimes glow in a greenish hue, typically to produce more energy in the events of combat; though this can be halted at will should the situation demand it. He has pale green square eyes, a small nose composed of two tiny nostrils and mini cube-like protrusions on the side of his head that give off the impression of ears. Four small teeth can be seen when he opens his mouth, as they are all in their respective corners. His underside is in the shade of a presidential blue, as all of his limbs are short and stubby. His emerald green hands and feet each have four fingers and three toes; all of which lack any nails or even claws whatsoever. His short, gray antenna-like tail has two pale green stripes and is tipped with a emerald green disk.
Clothing: N/A (Mainly because it is hard to fit his body needs and he does not like wearing them.)
Personality: Having a long history of driving arrogance that steered him into trouble with the Zealous Squad back in Camtonia, Pritotdus tends to be rather unrelenting at first to strangers and others that he perceives as a threat; even if they are as cute as a baby Pokémon to one's eyes. His workaholic nature usually tends to make him rather cranky and impulsive the next day, since he has an obsession with protecting someone he dearly loves and he still retains his old habits before an old friend of his helped jailbreak him some time ago.
Past: [More to be revealed in the RP, see Personality section for part of this character's past.]
Family: [Also to be revealed in the RP since this is certainly unknown to most.]
Love Relationships?: None at the moment.
Other: He can create small data weapons that are typically used for combat, as they are only meant to make the target disoriented and eventually faint from the sonic rounds they fire off.
Poké Browser Entry: "It has been said that Pritotdus was first created by a desperate engineer that wanted to discover how the code for Cyberspace's entry security worked. Nowadays, it can commonly be seen with police forces all over the region of Camtonia."
Moves Information:
Type: Normal
Catagory: Physical
Power: 60
Accuracy: 100%
Power Points: 20
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: An elementary move that most Pokémon typically know from the start or learn soon in their childhood. The user strikes the target in a brute, but prompt manner.
Effects: No secondary effects, but this move has increased priority over other moves.
Type: Cyber
Catagory: Status (Egg Move)
Power: N/A
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Target: Self
Range: N/A
Description: An advanced move that most Cyber-type Pokémon usually learn in their teen years. The user quickly patches their wounds by creating and using a hastily made drive filled with recovery code.
Effects: Restores HP proportional to the Pokémon's current HP and condition. (I.e. More HP will be restored if the Pokémon has lower HP and being poisoned for example.)
Type: Normal
Catagory: Special
Power: 20 x 5
Accuracy: 75%
Target: All enemies in range / Random Targeting
Range: 10 Meters
Description: A basic move that most Pokémon in the Camtonian Police Force are taught in training. The user swiftly attacks the target with various tiny projectiles densely filled with energy; then hastily moves away from the area after executing this move.
Effects: No secondary effects on targets, but this move may have increased priority on some turns. Also grants the user a brief period of increased evasion after this move is executed.
Type: Cyber
Catagory: Status
Power: N/A (Normal Usage); 40−100 (Pritotdus Usage)
Power Points: 45
Range: N/A (Normal Usage); 5 Meters (Pritotdus Usage)
Description: An intermediate move that most Cyber-type Pokémon learn in their middle child years, as it has different, but certainly odd effects depending on the Pokémon that uses it. The user gathers up some data and uses it to refill their power to execute their other moves with efficiency. When Pritotdus uses this move, he has a rare chance of throwing his data weapon at the enemy instead after creating a new set; causing massive damage at the center of the explosion.
Effects: Refills PP on another desired move proportional to the percentage of this move's PP spent (Normal Usage); May inflict stun, making the target unable to act for a brief period of time. (Pritotdus Usage).
Special Notes:
  • 100/100
  • Immune against Ghost and Dark.
  • Resistant against Electric, Rock, Psychic, Steel and Fairy.
  • Weak against Fire, Grass, Fighting, Poison, Bug and Ice.
  • Capable of restoring HP.
  • Utilizes cover and various tactics in combat when under normal state.
  • Behavior becomes much more aggressive when constantly focused on the same target.
  • Tends to retreat if HP and/or PP reaches critical levels.
Cranidos Info:
Name:
His name is currently unknown.
Species: Cranidos / Head Butt Pokémon (Camtonian Form)
Type: Psychic/Rock
Age: His age is currently unknown, though he does look a bit young at first glance.
Native Region: Camtonia
Height: 2'5" / 73.66 cm
Weight: 24.2 lbs / 10.98 kg
Primary Moves: Juncture Charge, Abrogate, Stone Pike, Chronolock
Ability: Down to Earth (Every time the Pokémon deals or receives damage, the Pokémon regains up to 5% HP and PP for a random move. Every 20% HP missing will reduce the cooldown of Rock-type moves by 0.5 seconds. The effects of this ability cannot occur more than 15 times every 20 seconds or roughly about 3 turn cycles.)
Hidden Power: Ground
Appearance: Camtonian Cranidos is a small Pokémon with a primarily fossil gray body that gives resemblance to the pachycephalosaurus. His beak is slightly curved in a vague shape of a hook, as he has hazel eyes along with a seafoam green, dome-shaped head that is hard to the touch. There are four flint gray spikes on his head; two are behind and the others are on their respective sides. His seafoam green back has a large spiky pattern while he also has a stubby tail that tapers rather quickly. He has a fossil gray underside, while his hands each have three tiny claws and his feet each have three claws and one more in the rear.
Clothing: He only wears an ultra pink scarf around his neck since he dislikes wearing most types of clothing due to the fact that they are rather uncomfortable for him.
Personality: Coming into an era where the world of his is completely different, Cranidos tends to struggle with being able to talk to others since it can be rather hard to understand him most of the time. As a result, he usually ends up either getting frustrated or keeping too quiet to the point where it would make his trainer want to bombard him with questions and the dreaded concerns. His quirky habits can often get the better of him, since it can be difficult to lay down the bad habits and pick up the newer, better ones that his trainer constantly attempts to get him to do.
Past: [More to be revealed in the RP, see Personality section for part of this character's past.]
Family: [Also to be revealed in the RP since this is certainly unknown to most.]
Love Relationships?: None at the moment, though this is subject to change.
Other: He tends to struggle a bit with technology and most types of conventional berries since he is not exactly used to modern terms.
Moves Information:
Type: Psychic
Power: 20 x 5
Accuracy: 100% / Fails if timed incorrectly
Power Points: 25
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: The user rushes towards the target and utilizes extreme timing to hit the target with adjoining strikes of psychic power.
Effects: Critical hits land more easily if this attack is timed perfectly.
Catagory: Status (Egg Move)
Power Points: 15
Description: An advanced move that most Psychic-type Pokémon usually learn in their experienced years, as this move takes some concentration and timing to correctly execute. The user takes in a deep breath of attentiveness and reverts all damage and status conditions inflicted upon from the prior turn.
Effects: Makes the user's current HP reverted back to the amount left on the prior turn, as well as lifting up the effects of any status conditions that were recently inflicted upon. (Cannot ease Perish Song, Condemn or OHKOs however.)
Type: Rock
Power: 85
Accuracy: 100%
Target: All enemies in a straight line
Range: 5 Meters / Piercing
Description: The user charges towards the target and thrusts them with a honed, blade-like stone. This can often leave their target quite defenseless if they are caught off guard.
Effects: If target is not guarding or under the effects of any defense buffs, has a high chance of inflicting Fragility, halving the target's defense for five turn cycles.
Catagory: Status
Power Points: 1
Description: A highly sophisticated move that very few even master in their old ages, as this move will more than not put an arduous amount of pressure on the user attempting to utilize this move to the fullest extent; causing most to restrict their usage to only once per battle to prevent a comatose from occurring. The user takes in an enormous amount of concentration and locks their energy levels; preventing them from raising and lowering. This move is best used when the user is anticipating a fatal plummet of strength from an incoming attack that would otherwise make them faint right on the spot.
Effects: The user's HP will not decrease or increase from any moves or status conditions for two turn cycles. After this move expires, the user will become exhausted and have their battle stats halved for five turn cycles.
Special Notes:
  • 120/120
  • Impervious to the effects of sandstorms.
  • Immune against Ground.
  • Resistant against Normal, Flying, Poison, Fire and Psychic.
  • Weak against Bug, Ghost, Steel, Water, Grass and Dark.
  • Capable of restoring HP.
  • Employs physical and special combination attacks.
  • Utilizes a passive/aggressive playstyle.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
That's in the rules ;) hog warts like academy would be cool but I had an idea for a small portion of the school to have stuff like a training facility

I mean it could be like a Hogwats-eque school but with a techy makeover. So it has the basic infrastructure of a castle but high tech areas and fittings. Electric lights, plumbing, fully equipped training facilities and the like. Buildings that aren't part of the castle but are just around it.