• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: Hoenn Adventures

If you would like to join, the discussion thread is here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-hoenn-adventures-discussion.20495

The travel to Littleroot Town had been an arduous one for Saiorse, to say the least. The redhead was still tired even after her long sleep on the ferry, though her Mudkip, Snooch, was completely the opposite. He croaked in excitement, running ahead of his Irish trainer and jumping up and down with glee. An expression of vague humour graced Saiorse's mostly-hidden features for a moment, and she murmured softly, "Okay, okay, I'm coming..." in a drowsy tone. Her tiredness soon withered away into dread, however- sure, she'd been in Hoenn all her life, but Pacifidlog town had been her comfortable prison for fifteen years. The only escape she'd had was travelling on her mother's Lapras to Lilycove, and she hadn't done that since... well... she hadn't done that for a while. Sighing, Saiorse's dread reached its peak, and the truth of the situation unfurled- she had no idea what she was doing.

Least to say, it was not quiet on the small, crowded boat. A journey that Karl had imagined to be neat and simple turned into quite the brouhaha. As if feeling light headed from the rocking ferry wasn't enough, the children who waved in and out and around him made the young male consider just jumping off and swimming to Littleroot Town. Eventually, everything came to a stop; the people on the ship began to pour out like rats out of a howl, Karl waited until the dock was empty, and then stepped off of the vehicle, which he would likely lose sleep still thinking about. Letting out a dramatic sigh, the boy brushed his hands over his shirt, clearing it of any wrinkles and creases before running a hand through his hair and blinking up at the little town.
"Oh, yeah." Karl quickly muttered as he tapped the two pokeballs on his waist. The balls blinked before releasing a red beam each onto the floor, which quickly figured into his pokemon. "Uh, I guess we're here. I already planned our stay at this poke center, see?" the boy bent beside his companions and pulled out a map which he proceeded to show them. Dude sort of stared off into the distance, but at least Duchess' interest in the paper made Karl seem a little less crazy. "I heard that there is a pokemon laboratory here. Not that, it's anything special. Anyways, we can stay here for just a bit before going on to the next town; that's where we'll get our first gym badge!" Karl smiled. The Skitty purred and jumped in happy circles as Karl scooped Dude into his arms, the limp pokemon blinking before smiling. Karl stood and swung his backpack over his shoulder, adjusting it slightly so it lined up with his back before taking a step forward. Suddenly, Duchess took off ahead of the male. Assuming he'd lose one of his only pokemon, the boy let out a gasp before racing after the energetic Skitty. Duchess shot a look back to her trainer before kicking harder to move her little body, it took the small normal type by surprise when she ran into another pokemon. Karl's eyes grew wide with shock and he quickly raced towards his small pokemon while apologizing profusely. "I'm so sorry. She didn't mean it. I didn't mean it. She's not usually this clumsy, maybe that boat ride made her sick." Karl attempted to explain as he glared at Duchess.
( @tokyomustard )

Snooch made a peculiar squeaking noise in his surprise, but didn’t seem to be too bothered- in fact, afterward, he croaked with laughter, his face lighting up in an expression of glee. He was just happy to have met another Pokémon that wasn’t Fiona or Lapras- being inherently extroverted, Snooch was in stark contrast to his trainer.

Snapping out from her temporary preparational meltdown, Saiorse focused her dark-blue gaze on the other, apologising profusely for something that wasn’t really his fault at all. In a way, Saiorse related to him- chronic apologeticness was one of her many self-admitted flaws. “Oh, no... don’t worry, it’s okay... Snooch isn’t that bothered, look,” the redhead murmured, her Irish voice barely more than a whisper, motioning toward her Mudkip, who stood without an ounce of annoyance. “Um... sorry for... uh... sorry for getting in your way, haha...”

Arriving at Littleroot Town! Who needs social skills?
Being from Oldale Town, coming to Littleroot Town by ferry was, well, new for Kayrana. When she was younger, she only had to walk to the forest and get lost and sometimes she'd end up in Litteroot Town as if by magic. But the ferry wasn't that bad, Dewford Town had been pretty fun. Of course she hadn't fought the Gym Leader there, it wasn't of her interest much, and even though she had the Psychic Advantage, well, who cared!

She was on the decks, doodling something in her little journal. She looked at the floor, checking for Whimsi, who couldn't help but jump around, a bit bored. Didn't like these trips too much... too static to do anything. Whimsi like to walk and jump and do. Aurai, the Ralts, meanwhile, peeked with curious eyes at Kayrana's drawings from atop Kayrana's right shoulder. "Oh, Aurai! Seems like we're here already!" Aurai nodded enthusiastically. Her trainer seemed happy and so she was too. But, oh, where is the family's prankster? Kayrana looked down and then up, then behind her. But she couldn't find her mischievious companion. Aurai poked at Kayrana's cheek—she loved doing that—and directed her gaze towards the left. Yes, there was the trouble-maker. But hey, all the trouble-making was, too, friend-making, after all. She had caught Whimsi just a little while ago, but the three were already inseparable. Whimsi just... loved to leave her cotton around everywhere. For Kayrana, someone who was really organised, it ought to bother her... but since it came from her Whimsi, she just dealt with it with a smile. Not that she ever got really angry at all, anyways.

But back to our present, Kayrana moved towards Aurai, quickening her pace. Because what was Whimsi about to do but jump straight on top of a green-haired—almost grey, though Kayrana—trainer's head and then on top of a ginger-haired trainer's head, leaving cotton on her head too, of course, of course she did that. They seemed to be having a conversation, but Kayrana isn't one to be known for paying much heed to her surroundings—more known to lose herself in her thoughts and ideas—and she just chimed right in to apologise: "Ah, uhm, my deepest apologies, Whimsi here is kind of a prankster, you know?" she said facing the two, while running a finger through her head, usual when she felt a bit anxious. Aurai put her little hand on Kayrana's. But the ginger girl had cotton in her hair because of her Whimsi, and she couldn't leave it like that, could she? "Ah... may I?" she made a gesture with her hand, and moved near to the ginger-haired girl—freckles... cute—that she was going to get that cotton off her head. Didn't want to be a meddler nor rude, so she just waited for her answer.

And at the same time as she caressed Kayrana's hand... "Ralts, Ralt!" from the tone, Aurai probably was scolding Whimsi who was now on the ground behing Kayrana. But, internally, Aurai surely was happy that Whimsi had given her a way in into a conversation. So jumpy she was, Whimsi hadn't yet noticed all the four Pokemon on the ground.

[ @tokyomustard @Barefoot_Kittens ]

Last edited:
The new sights and unfamiliar air struck Frost the moment the trip to the town of Littleroot came to a smooth, graceful halt. The Chill Pokémon soon found himself being carried around in a large, pocket-like pouch by his trainer. The little Pokémon slowly tapped the edge of his safety goggles, while his trainer made her way out of the aquatic vehicle. The Cubchoo took his first, shallow breaths in the foreign environment. He attempted to reach into the pocket pouch of his close-fitting, one-piece garment with his left paw; though it was apparent that he had much difficulty with such a rather simple task for most Pokémon to perform.

Frost gave a light sigh, followed by a frown within a followed realization of the splint worn on his left paw. He resisted the urge to scratch on his paws and the trunk area of his body after a closer pat down on several bandaged areas on his body.

"I would rather probably stay in that brown roofed thing over there instead of that orange one if I could. I guess I should probably focus on other stuff instead of those wire things then," The Cubchoo thought, before he soon took in the sight of a peculiar Pokémon within close vicinity.

Frost slowly noted the prominent features the nearby Pokémon had: a large, oceanic blue fin on its head, several orange gills on the sides of its head and being on all fours when it stood without regard towards a likely nuisance from earlier.

Frost slowly rubbed on his beanie for a brief moment, as he blankly stared at the strange Pokémon without a single word to it. The Cubchoo's trainer stood on some distance away from the ginger haired girl with her Pokémon. The Cubchoo watched his trainer placing her right hand on her chin for a split second. A few pondering sentences came about in her thoughts for a minute. The Chill Pokémon gave a light cough through his half face mask soon after in response.

Johan made sure that all of his belongings were packed and ready to go. His Pokenav, snacks, pokeballs, and potions were all accounted for in his vast, cyan drawstring backpack. In addition to the backpack, Johan put on a strapped surfboard under it. It stuck out diagonally and was noticeably taller than Johan, but he had always had this with him. It was sleek, well polished, and sported a beautiful design of blue waves. He rushed downstairs, kissed his parents goodbye, and happily rushed as fast as he could to the north exit of Slateport. On Johan's shoulder was his trusty partner in crime, Pelly the Wingull. Johan had had this cheerful little bird for almost his entire life. Johan could vividly remember the day where his father showed him how to catch pokemon, more specifically fish pokemon. A Carvanah was hooked right in front of them, biting ferociously on the fishing rod's bait, while Johan clutched a net-ball in his hands, ready to catch a pokemon for the first time. That was until Pelly flew by and distracted Johan, he forgot all about the current task and was laughing at how the Wingull flew by the Carvanah, teasing it. Johan wanted to keep the goofy bird so, with much precision, he through the ball right at the bird and caught it. The Carvanah fled while Johan instantly jumped into the sea off of his dad's boat to reclaim the ball. In the end, Johan was grounded but still kept Pelly, and the rest was history.

Once Johan stopped reminiscing about one of his favorite memories he realized that he was definitely no longer in Slateport. He couldn't quite make out any signs nearby, either. Johan tended to always zone the rest of the world out when lost in thought, unfortunately that lead to him getting lost. He was supposed to rent a bike at the Cycling Road and ride on over to Mauvile, but the track was nowhere in his sight. All there was is plentiful grass and trees, which was a nice change of pace as Johan practically lived at the beach. He figured he might as well find a place to sit down and eat while bearing his surroundings. He felt his stomach growling, (He was too eager to start his journey that he forgot to eat breakfast) and instinctively pulled out a large bag of potato chips and began to munch on em'. He was handing some to Pelly as well, until he heard his stomach grumble yet again, although he didn't feel it, which was odd. Johan simply dismissed this and kept snacking until he heard the noise again. He turned around to find that there was a Gulpin right behind him, clearly drawn to the sounds and smells of the food Johan possessed. Johan was a little surprised at first, but saw this as the perfect situation to attempt something funny. "You want one?" He asked while holding a potato chip. The pokemon just stood there and responded with the same growl that it used to attract Johan's attention.

What followed was a long and yet amusing sequence of Johan constantly dropping potato chips in a trail in an effort to see just how far he could lead Gulpin by tantalizing it with food. It would remain a safe distance away from Johan and swallow each chip right off the ground while Pelly ate any crumbs he could find. They were able to cover a rather large distance and Johan could make out a decently sized stream that separated him from a nearby town (Oldale) before he ran out of potato chips. The sheer simple-mindedness of the Gulpin to just follow wherever food took it was so humorous to Johan that he didn't notice at first that Gulpin was attempting to eat Pelly. The poor bird was one wing into Gulpin's mouth when Johan finally took action and sent out his second pokemon: Lady the Horsea. He quickly instructed Lady to use Twister in an effort to get Gulpin to spit Pelly out, and it worked. Unfortunately, Pelly was paralyzed and Gulpin was mad so it started to attack Lady by using a yawn to make it drowsy. Lady was able to hit it with a Bubble attack before falling asleep, with no more usable pokemon, Gulpin was headed for Johan. His last line of defense was to throw a pokeball, and surprisingly enough, he managed to catch the dang thing. With all of his pokemon wounded, Johan hopped into the stream with his surfboard, hoping to quickly arrive at a pokemon center to heal his pokemon.

Last edited:
Karl tipped his head to the side at the other girl's apology. Why had she done so? Thinking back to it, the boy realized he had probably made a rather awkward introduction with all his apologizing. This girl was so quiet, and strange. She didn't exactly blend in with the rest of the crowd of trainers. Karl's icy gaze drifted down towards Duchess who stretched her back before smiling at the other Pokemon's friendliness, the kitty then proceeded to prance a circle around her new claimed friend while Dude swayed back and forth in Karl's arms.
Suddenly, another pokemon joined the mix; jumping on top of Karl's head first, causing the male to let out a yelp before the small creature moved onto the girl beside Karl. For a brief moment, Karl had a heart attack; eyes growing wide as he frantically brushed the cotton out of his hair, which took an hour to style, mind you. The boy having, no mirror or way to check himself, eventually finished dusting off his shoulders before sighing desperately and hoping he had gotten it all off. The boy's Foongus, seemed all to pleased with all this commotion; he wiggled around happily while Skitty chirped at yet another possible friendship for her form.
Karl had to take a moment to catch his breath, as the Whimsicott's trainer arrived. But the young male ended up breaking into laughter, what do you know? Another bumbling, apologizing fool! "It's quite alright." Karl affirmed as he picked another piece of cotton from his shirt, he then placed dude on the ground; although the pokemon just crawled between his feet and swayed back and forth from there. "I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Karl Lightly, I come here from Mauville city with hopes to start a full course pokemon journey!" Karl smiled. Was that too much information? What if they were freaked out by it? With an expectant huff, Karl looked towards the two girls for a response.

Saiorse had known the ferry was crowded, though hadn't seen much evidence of it when she got off- but now, it seemed that Littleroot was beginning to surge with new trainers. That thought- that word, surge- filled her with dread. Everyone who knew Saiorse- and that wasn't many people- knew she hated crowds, and large amounts of people, and any sort of social interaction. For a moment, the panic in her blue eyes might have been obvious to an onlooker, though the redhead soon realised she was letting her paranoia sneak up on her, letting it get the best of her- and she had promised Aodh she wouldn't give up, much less in the first town she visited. Smooch, meanwhile, was visibly amused and began to trot in a circle on the spot, following the Skitty and croaking with happiness.

Saiorse snapped out of her panicked trance, as she felt something jump on her head, and audibly gasped in surprise, stumbling back, her features the true picture of shock. "O-Oh!" she murmured, seeing the Pokémon- revealed to be a Whimsicott- traverse back to its trainer, a ginger, rather exotically-dressed girl who offered to remove something from Saiorse's head that she hadn't even noticed was there. Her panicked gaze flickered up and down the girl who approached, and at her question, Saiorse hastily nodded, causing the cotton to fall off of her head anyway. "Oh, sorry!" she instinctively said, pursing her lips.

Hearing the boy introduce himself, Saiorse's attention was once again placed on him, and she smiled slightly, brushing more of her fringe over one of her eyes. "Um... um, nice t-t-to meet you... Karl, Karl Lightly... nice name..." Saiorse murmured, tightening her jaw. "Uhh... my name's Saiorse Bronagh Byrne-" after saying this, Saiorse gasped, and her face flushed. "Oh, I'm sorry, you didn't want to know my, my full name, did you? Um... just... forget I said that, I'm... uhh, I'm Saiorse." Oh, dear God! Why was she so cripplingly unable to do anything useful? She felt her chest tightening as if an Ekans was furiously squeezing her ribs, and her hand rushed to grip her chest- but, she didn't want to make a scene her. A staunch memory of hers was truly embarrassing herself in the name of a panic attack, and she didn't want to repeat that, so swallowed, trying to repress the oncoming hyperventilation and hoping one of the others would speak soon to distract the attention from herself.

"Uhh map . . . Map . . . Where is it !!??" said Alex stumbling around, looking for his things. "Aww man I'm gonna be so late . . ." he thought to himself. He kept on looking until he found everything he needed "Alright . . . I think that's it . . . It's time to go . . ." He mumbled as he filled himself with excitement with more thoughts, he turned to his bedside drawer and grabbed his two Pokeballs "You guys ready ?" He said as he released the two Pokemon hiding in the spherical devices. After a quick flash, his Ralts and Shroomish appeared. They both cried out happily to see the young boy. "Alex !! Tine to go honey ! I made breakfast for you !" His mother called him. "Comming !" he quickly replied and ran straight down with his Shroomish named Fungi and Ralts named Jay. He grabbed the sandwhich his mother made and quickly charged out the door. Running straight to Littleroot Town since he lived in Petalburg City, he just need to run down a straight line through the woods, though it would be a bit faster to go by ferry but he doesn't want to socialize at all due to the news spread of an array of trainers comming to Hoenn by the ferry itself.

Brian merely looked out his window as the ferry slowly arrived to Littleroot town. Once it arrived, he patiently waited until it wasn't as crowded whilst his Ralts and Gothita appeared to be having a conversation, Ralts blushed lightly as they spoke. "Alright guys, this is it." He said as he went to collect and put on his white fedora whilst his Pokemon lined up, ready to be returned to their Pokeballs in a flash of red. Afterward, Brian walked off the ferry and took a big inhale through his nose before he exhaled and smiled. "Alright, goodbye Unova home life. Hello adventure!" He said to himself as he adjusted his fedora and began to walk around to check everything out with his hands in his pockets. Unlike other trainers who were confident in getting stronger, Brian liked to take his time and savor every moment he could, and that's exactly what he did.

Arriving at Littleroot Town! part 2. Making friends? Pay attention, Kayrana!

Kayrana sported a pastel yellow sleeveless shirt, and some loose green jeans. Of course, she was wearing her hair-clip, too. Pink socks and light blue trainers finished her garment. It was really hot here, for her at least. The girl had nodded at her question, but most of the cotton had fallen already. The boy presented himself, and so did the girl. So, Saiorse and Karl. Meanwhile, Aurai just stayed by her trainer's shoulder, but Whimsi had joined the others in running in circles. They seemed to be having fun. Kayrana's attention went from them to the two trainers again. For some reason, the boy had burst into a laugh at first, but Kayrana felt it was no big deal. The boy seemed calm and collected. But the girl, well, she stuttered and interrupted herself, constantly. She seemed a bit palid, too. Kayrana wondered if she was alright. She had gripped her chest, which surely wasn't something good, was it?

Kayrana spoke up, still with one hand ruffling her own hair, looking at the boy first. "Nice to meet you, Karl! I'm from Oldale, never been to Mauville, but I heard it's a big city. I just came back from Dewford Town." Then she shifted her gaze to the girl, they were roughly the same height, Kayrana noticed, and she looked at her eyes. Or, well, eye, since one of her eyes was covered by her hair. "And nice to meet you, Saiorse! Your full name is pretty, so don't worry, you know?" Her gaze rapidly shifted downwards to the Skitty on the ground. It was cute, and she was about to go pat it, she pointed at it and then to Karl, but immeditely realised she had become distracted. "Uhm, are you feeling alright? Aurai here can help you, if you want, y'know?" She beamed as she caressed Aurai's red horns. "Ralts!" Aurai smiled, too. Well, Kayrana always talked in probably unnecessarily long utterances and with lots of filler words, it was just how it came out to her. She genuinely hoped the girl was alright, didn't want her to be bothered by her presence. It made her remember, well, times when she had wanted to approach someone and for some reason they became angry or left. "Ah, I forgot," she blushed a bit, "I'm Kayrana!" She couldn't keep a single thread of thought alive even if it costed her her life.

[ @tokyomustard @Barefoot_Kittens ]

Oh, so she had noticed... unfortunately. Saiorse didn't really... like, when people showed concern for her. It was an odd thing to even be bothered about, she knew that... she guessed that she didn't like projecting her own self-pity onto others. She didn't like making people concerned- she didn't believe that people should be concerned for her. Saiorse's mother had always worried for her, and it was because of Aodh's concern that she was even here now, on a journey she arguably didn't want to be on. "Um... um, uhh..." she hesitated, her hand slowly drifting away from her chest to trail down her stomach, stopping to twist the hem of her jumper around her fingers. "I'm... I'm fine... just, not used to..." she made a hand motion, gesturing to the gathered trainers. "...This, really..."

"Um... it's nice to meet you, K-Ka-Kayrana... your name is, uhh... nice too." Saiorse replied, avoiding the gaze of the others. Eye-contact, she found, had always been something that induced her anxiety, so she tended to avoid it. Her blue eyes befell the ground again, and she nervously shifted her weight between each of her feet, clasping her hands together.

Frost slowly turned towards the girl with the green jeans, as he took a mental note of the girl that introduced herself by the name of Kayrana. The Cubchoo slowly tugged on the carrying pouch, as his trainer softly stated, "Oh, I think you should go talk to that girl over there with the Psychic Pokémon. Don't worry, I'm not going to go anywhere, alright?"

The Chill Pokémon shivered the moment he was gently placed onto the earth a split second later. The Cubchoo slowly looked up at his trainer, while he glanced at the Feeling Pokémon for a brief moment. The Cubchoo slowly approached the Psychic Pokémon, while he took extreme care with his visual responses towards the pair of flat, red horns on the Ralts's head.

Frost cleared his throat in a dubious manner in front of the Ralts. The Cubchoo waved at the Psychic Pokémon to the best of his ability with his right paw. The little bear emitted a few whimpers, followed by a slight cry in response to Kayrana's towering body. The Cubchoo attempted to raise his right paw at the Ralts, as he slowly uttered through the language of Pokémon, "I- I- I... u- um... umm... uhh... w- we... well... u- um... u- uh... uhh... I- I j- ju- just, we- well... I g- gu- guess... h- hi."

"I- I'm... I'm... F- F- Fr... Frost... a- an... and... p- pl... ple... please d- d- do... don't h- hu... hurt m- me... o- or... an- any... th- thing... I- I- I re- really don't wa... wanna g- go to th- that or- ora... ange... pl- place again... th- they... wi- will... j- ju- just... la- laugh h- ha- har... harder a- an... and... h- hard... harder..." Frost loudly stammered, before he shielded his face with his twitching paw.

[ @Darkmaster006 ]

During the ferry ride from Verdanturf to Littleroot, Erik had been immersed in a graphic novel, having read for the entire duration of the trip. Beldum, his first partner whom he had named Ulysses, floated in the next to him, silently scanning the surroundings as Sebastian the Bagon, the other member of Erik's team, sat on the other side of his trainer. Especially for a Bagon, Sebastian was very docile, and the Rock Head Pokemon had continued to sit and quietly look around, much like Ulysses. Once the ferry arrived, Erik pulled out a Pokeball and recalled Sebastian before exiting the boat, Ulysses following behind, silent as usual. Putting his novel away in his backpack, the trainer pulled out a deck of classic playing cards held together with a rubber band from his pocket. Removing the rubber band, he began to maneuver them with his hands, flicking them rapid fire from one hand into the other or one by one, and doing all sorts of tricks. Suddenly, while he was doing his maneuvers, Erik came across of group of trainers, one of whom had dressed quite exotically and another who seemed very invested in the grass below her. Deciding that maybe these people could be good friends, he put the cards away and approached them with a small wave. "Hi. Mind if I join this group?" He asked quietly, hands in his pockets.

Arriving at Littleroot Town! part 3. "How does each person feel?" wondered Kayrana.

"Oh, oh, I'm sorry... Saiorse. I don't wanna inconvenience you, so, uhm, yeah." Well, that came out worse than expected. Her voice had lost quite a bit of the upbeatness of before. Saiorse looked down, averting her gaze... she was already bothering someone she had just met? She wished she were Aurai at this moment, to know what Saiorse was feeling. Aurai pinched some of her hair-strands, which usually indicated that she should back away a bit. She noticed a bit of cotton was left on Saiorse's hair, but thought it better not to go too far again. It seemed like she wasn't accustomed to be with people much, or that's what Kayrana got from 'this'. Kayrana wasn't either, and maybe she ended up overstepping some boundaries. Different ways of dealing with stuff, Aurai guessed.

Whimsi and the others still ran in circles. Aurai wondered how much more would they be able to keep on doing that... didn't they get bored? For her, there was no better place to be than on top of Kayrana. There seemed to be... an awkward silence for a moment. Although truth be told, Kayrana wasn't paying much attention to anything but her own self-doubts right now as she looked straight at nothing. Aurai tried to calm her down playing with her hair and caressing her cheeks. Oh, how she wished she could just speak human language. At that moment, Aurai heard a voice coming from below. She hadn't ever seen a Pokemon like that before, and it was wearing so much clothes! Even goggles. She saw its waving, and she could feel its... trembling feelings. Orange place? To Aurai, the only orange place she knew was Kayrana's hair... but that couldn't be it. Aurai looked at it and was about to say something when Whimsi broke the circle-running and went straight to greet the new Pokemon. "Hello, hello, pilot of the snow! Wanna join us in carefree running? It's fun! What's that orange place you talk about? If they're hurting someone, just gotta gust the place down, don't you think?" the Whimsicott stated, changing moods frantically. Aurai couldn't help but smile at Whimsi's absurd behaviour, but would that be enough to ease that Pokemon's concerns about that... orange place?

Aurai heard a human voice. But Kayrana didn't seem to be paying too much attention to that, she didn't even shift her attention to that. She had pulled out her journal and was about to start sketching something as she started walking from left to right anxiously in a small space.

[ @tokyomustard @Barefoot_Kittens @OmnipotentOnion @Kiraru ]

Running out of the trees, Alex stopped to catch his breath, seeing that all the trainers are here he decided not to waste anytime and kept on moving. "That . . . Was longer . . . . Than I expected . . . Phew . . . You guys tired yet ?" He asked as her turned around to see them grabbing onto his foot. "I need some hydration . . ." He mumbled as he grabbed three small bottles out of his bag and gave one to Jay and Fungi to share. Alex opened the cap, looked up to the sky and took a huge gulp of water from the first bottle while he continues to walk. As he finished the bottle he suddenly tripped over "Gahh !!" He screamed as he fell down spilling the rest of the water onto a Cubchoo thay was just a few inches away from him. His other bottle rolled away with Jay and Fungi running behind to get it back

[ @Kiraru ]

Last edited:
"U- um... umm... u- uh... w- we... well, u- umm... I- I gu... guess, a- an... and I- I- I th- think... it m- might b- be... be... bet... ter to t- ta- talk about t- that... oran... orange p- pl- place l- later," Frost slowly responded to the Whimiscott, before the Cubchoo slowly rubbed on his beanie for a brief moment.

Suddenly, the little bear picked up on a loud, close cry from a nearby person! The Cubchoo squealed the moment the barrage of droplets and aquatic molecules landed on his clothing! The slight moisture swiftly made its way past the frontal part of his clothing, as a sharp, burning pain soon flared up!

The little bear's safety googles were soon filled with a puddle of tears. The little Pokémon plodded towards the direction of his trainer, while he kept his right paw firmly on the relative area of his torso.

"Oh my gosh! Are you both okay there?" Diana cried out, the moment she processed the sudden event that swiftly unfolded itself. She ran towards the boy near her Pokémon and helped up the boy as quickly as she could. She then kneeled to the Cubchoo's level, as she asked, "Are you alright Frost? Can you tell me what happened?"

A few babbles and mewls rushed into Diana's ears a split second later. The little bear was then scooped into the trainer's arms.

"There there, just try to relax. I know that it might be hurting a little... or maybe a lot, but it's going to be okay," Diana whispered to Frost, while she gently stroked his head. She slowly pulled the goggles to allow the pool of tears to drain onto the ground in a discreet manner.

"Please don't take me there... I swear... it's just... what ever stuff that we all have to drink... even though it's like burning me like some sort of heat wave or something!" Frost thought, while he continued to sob in his trainer's arms.

[ @Darkmaster006 @Luke The Riolu ]

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
Lucas had been cycling with his Acro Bike for a while. He decided to stop and take a break, when he noticed that he had arrived at Oldale Town, which was very close to Littleroot Town. "Finally!" He entered the Pokemon Center, and sat down, fully exhausted. Though his partner, Elektrike, didn't seem tired at all. He looked at his trainer expectantly. Lucas looked at him and said "You never get tired, huh? And after all those trainer battles, too? You never cease to amaze me..." he said, while doodling something on a piece of paper. He suddenly turned to Elektrike and said, "We better get going, we don't want to miss this opportunity!" Actually, even Lucas wasn't sure of what this 'opportunity' was, but wanted to go there anyways. Him and Elektrike went through Route 101 and arrived at Littleroot. He saw a bunch of trainers scattered around the place. He looked around, curious if anyone would even notice him. He couldn't start conversations, so he just sat and watched the trainers and their Pokemon.

"It... It's fine, honestly... oh, I'm-" she cut herself off before she could apologise again- that surely would be annoying, at this point. She managed to tear her eyes away from the grass. Saiorse hoped honestly that she wasn't coming across as rude- she was just... truly unaccustomed to crowds, people... anything really, that someone other than herself wouldn't think twice about. Someone who hadn't been cooped up in a sea-village their whole life. The other seemed to be sketching something while pacing, out of what might have been stress- the redhead again hoped that she wasn't the source of that stress. Why did she even bother communicating with people? She just made them worry, and-

A voice. A male voice, one which snapped her out of her self-hate-filled trance. Saiorse bit her lip, briefly locking her dark-blue gaze with the boy's before her eyes darted away again. The girl swallowed, smiling weakly in greeting. "Um... uh, hello... hi. You... um, well... you can! I don't see why not." Saiorse rambled, as usual speaking synonyms of what she had already said, making much of her speech largely redundant. "Uhh... your name? I mean, what... what is your name?"

( @Darkmaster006 @OmnipotentOnion )

Arriving at Littleroot Town! part 4. Is a drawing an okay gift? Many Pokemon. And more musings.

Whimsi waited for the icy-bear Pokemon to answer. It really did take it a while to do so! Whimsi got a bit impatient, but she did not judge and just waited... until... drops of water splashed right on the stuttering Pokemon. It went right away to its trainer. Whimsi thought it'd surely be fun to leave some more cotton on top of the icy-bear trainer. She was short! As always, taking her beloved trainer as measure. Kayrana, meanwhile, just focused on her drawing and nothing else. Aurai kept on her shoulder, observing her draw with ease. Whimsi also felt it reasonable to leave some cotton on the hair of the boy who had fallen to the ground, why not?

Kayrana had finished her sketch at last when she noticed, in the ground, so many Pokemon! There was the Skitty, the mushroom-like one, the Mudkip, the blue ball with white cloud-like stuff as wings? or something, now another Ralts, another mushroom like thing, a Bagon, a piece of metal?, an ice bear, when she looked back. Agh, Kayrana scratched her head... she really had trouble remembering Pokemon she had seen and their names, so it's no wonder she could just talk about their features. And she realised she hadn't included any of Saiorse's Pokemon in her drawing—didn't know which were hers, either—and now Saiorse seemed to be talking to someone else. Unfortunate! Aurai, luckily, went to her rescue. She was observant and she could know people from a single glance. Aurai poked her cheek and indicated which two Pokemon she thought were Saiorse's. She had totally deciphered what her trainer was thinking about, of course. So, the Mudkip and the... whatever its name is. But that cloud-thing sure must be fluffy, she thought as she started sketching the Pokemon, waiting for a chance to join in the conversation and give the finished drawing to Saiorse as an apology and a sign of good intentions.

Meanwhile, Whimsi just finished hopping into newly-arrived trainers' heads without Kayrana noticing at all and came back to jump at Kayrana's side.

[ @Kiraru @tokyomustard @Luke The Riolu @Barefoot_Kittens @OmnipotentOnion ]

"Ahh . . . I'm so sorry, are you okay ?" Alex panicked as the female trainer helped him up. He noticed her little Icy companion. It was a Cubchoo, it seemed hurt and quite scared. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt your Pokemon, uhh here you can have this." He said as he pulled out some Berry Candies, and gave it to the stranger that helped him. "Thanks . . . for helping me." He said, he looked down, scared, he felt like he was going to get in trouble. Meanwhile, Jay and Fungi were fighting over the water bottle that he dropped, they kept on having a tug of war until they bumbed into something soft and rather fluffy, Fungi turned around to saw a big giant cloud of cotton, it was someone's Whimsicott just hanging around until their interruption.

( @Kiraru @Darkmaster006 )

"Oh, thanks I guess... but I think the little bear being a bit wet might not be a bit great for him since well... let's just say that being hurt and putting water makes it hurt even more," Diana stated, as she accepted the boy's offer of candy. She placed it in one of the empty, inner pockets of her lab coat. Frost curled up in his trainer's arms. The Cubchoo continued to snivel in front of his trainer, as he rubbed on his stomach as quickly as he could.

"Augh... it's like being thrown into a pool of lava... only that it's so c- c- cold!" The Chill Pokémon thought, while he glanced over at the Whimsicott soon after with his teary eyes. He took no regard towards the Whimsicott's engrossing movements. The Cubchoo turned away from everyone else a split second later, while he lied in his trainer's arms like a little mouse begging for its other kind.

"P- please... like... don't take me there... don't take me there... don't take me... please girl... I'll do anything... I'll promise to not be so cranky when you wake me up... and I'll definitely be working on not using the hand sanitizer every other minute," Frost added in his mind, before he continued with his quiet series of sobs.

[ @Darkmaster006 @Luke The Riolu ]

The recipient of Erik's request whipped her head around to face him, looking quite flustered at that, and sputtered out a reply of approval. A small smile laced the boy's lips as he introduced himself, tapping a Pokeball to reveal Bagon, who waved calmly. "I'm Erik; Erik Arsenius. These are my friends, Ulyesses and Sebastian." He quietly scanned Saiorse's eyes with occasional brief glances-- without any strange intentions, of course-- while looking around at the other trainers, and it seemed that she was very.. insecure. Though she looked like she tried to hide it, her eyes said it all, and it was clear that she didn't have much confidence in what she did. Erik put his hands in his pockets as he returned his gaze to Saiorse before saying. "Anyway, where were you guys headed?"

Saiorse watched Kayrana drawing, before her blue gaze drifted from the other to watch the playing Pokémon. Of course, the fact that Kayrana drew was quite interesting to her- Saiorse had always wished she could draw, but... had never really tried to, and when she did, the Pokémon ended up looking like deformed amalgamations. Snooch seemed to be in the centre of it all, trotting in a circle while croaking happily. Fiona, on the other hand, flew above the other Pokémon, not looking particularly interesting in playing. With a nod of finality, the Swablu fluttered back over to Saiorse and perched atop her head. A small smile played across the redhead's lips, and she brought her hand up to scratch under the Swablu's beak. Fiona's cloud-wings puffed up in happiness.

Then the new arrival- the boy- began to speak again, and her attention was drawn to him. "Well... um, nice to meet you, Erik! I'm... uh, I'm Saiorse; Saiorse Byrne." she said, somewhat playfully imitating the way he had introduced himself. Though, immediately after she had done so, she hid her face in embarrassment- oh, God, what if she had offended him? What if he was insecure about that sort of thing, and she had just belittled him? Before she could let herself get in a state, however, Fiona nuzzled herself against Saiorse's head, and the girl let out a deep, relaxing exhalation, closing her blue eyes. "This is Fiona, and, um... uh, that-" she was about to introduce Snooch, when her eyes befell the Bagon, introduced as Sebastian, and a grin conquered her face. "Oh! Hi, Sebastian!" she chimed sweetly, crouching to the Bagon's level, and holding her hand out for him to make his way over- of course, she wouldn't directly pet him unless he decided he was comfortable with her doing so.

Erik had then asked her another question, and the girl tilted her head to rest on her shoulder, her eyes flickering up to look at him, before darting away again. "Um... well I'm... I'm, uh, heading to Oldale, but... I... well, I don't know the way." she admitted, a nervous but genuine chuckle breezing her lips.

Sebastian looked up at Saiorse calmly as she offered a hand for him to shake. After staring at the girl for a few seconds, the Bagon leaned forward and nuzzled her palm with his head in a friendly gesture. Noticing this, Erik let out a soft chuckle before remarking, "Looks like Sebastian's taken a liking to you." Then suddenly, almost as if Sebastian had understood, he whipped his head around and stared at his trainer as if to say, Don't patronize me. After hearing Saiorse's response, Erik perked up ever so slightly before digging into his backpack and pulling out an electronic Town Map. "We could use this to get there, if you'd like."

Arriving at Littleroot Town! part 4. Know it like the back of your hand!

While she was jumping around, Whimsi felt some Pokemon bump into her. It was... a brown mushroom and an... Aurai-clone? she thought as she turned around. "Oh, hello, hello! Join me on the jumping. Is that your trainer over there?" she said pointing to the girl holding the icy-bear from before. "Ah, I'm Whimsi, let's have fun!" And proceeded to offer them a piece of cotton. For what purpose? Even she didn't know, it was just fun to do it and see everyone's reactions.

But Kayrana wasn't paying attention to Whimsi who stood behind her. She and Aurai were focused on her drawing. She had finished it already and was waiting for a chance to enter the conversation, she was being cautious not to be over-stepping this time, but she could barely hold herself. She really wanted to make Saiorse cheer up if she had made her anxious. That's when she heard Oldale Town. There was, also, a new person in the circle that she had barely noticed as she had been drawing, and he had pulled out an electronic map. "Oh, hey, hey, I can us, guide us there... without maps! Since I'm from there, it's my town! I know it-- like the back of my hand, and Aurai too!" She said making some weird gestures with her hands—still holding her journal with the drawing on it and the pencil, which made for a rather funny sight—, and failing to get every word in its correct order from the excitement. Aurai who was still on her right shoulder smiled gently. "Ralts, Ralts!"

Jay looked at the Whimsicott which was just boucing around, he shook his head to her question and pointed to Alex, "That's my trainer" he said. Fungi was having a blast on the other hand, she took that piece of cotton and wrapped herself around in it and rolled around like a little ball. "I'm . . . Alex . . . maybe I could make it up to you with something else . . ." He said to the stranger. He picked up the bottle he dropped earlier that his Pokemons rolled back to him, he noticed his Pokemons socializing and was having some fun with others, "I've never seen them that energetic and happy before . . . Maybe I should let them be for a while" He thought as he continued to wait for a reply from the gurl that helped him.

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
Lucas was coloring the picture he drew earlier, when he saw that Elektrike was running towards other Pokémon. He knew that Elektrike got bored when he was drawing, but leaving him? "Maybe he just wants to make friends..." he thought to himself. He put his painting in his backpack, and started walking towards Elektrike, to make sure he was safe. He suddenly bumped into a boy, about the same age as him. Thinking this could be a good opportunity to maybe make a friend, he smiled at him. He felt anxious, and started stuttering. "S-sorry about t-that... I just..." He looked down, he wasn't sure about what to say. "I just came here to pick my Pokémon up." He quickly grabbed Elektrike, and started walking away. Elektrike seemed to be struggling between Lucas' arms, it seemed he wanted to go back. Lucas noticed this, and opened his arms. Elektrike quickly ran back to the other Pokémon. Lucas felt irritated. "What if I ruined Elektrike's chance of making friends? This was a mistake..." He slowly started to walk back to Oldale Town, to get away from all the people.

A smile unlike any other that had been seen on her face before graced her pale features as Sebastian nuzzled into her hand, and she gently rubbed his scaly skin, ensuring not to catch any of his scales and cause him discomfort. It was clear that, if anything, Saiorse knew Pokémon more than she knew people. "Th-That's, um, good..." Saiorse murmured, barely able to contain her joy at the trust that the Bagon had given her, despite her quiet and hesitant tone. Seeing the look of defiance that the Bagon offered his trainer, Saiorse chuckled, and drew her hand away, while gradually standing up. To Sebastian, she whispered the words, "Dragan álainn," before she focused her attention back to Erik, and then to Kayrana, who began to talk.

"Oh, Ol-Oldale? Th-that's... really cool, actually, I've... always wanted to live in a, um, a... a big town..." Saiorse murmured- though she wasn't sure how true that statement was. Sure, the lights, the business, it all excited her, but did she really want that? Could she deal with the business and the dizziness that everyday life would bring? "Well... well, um, Erik, let's... let K-Kay-Kayrana lead the way for the moment..."

Upon hearing Saiorse whisper to him, Sebastian looked up and gave her hand one last nuzzle before quietly returning to his trainer. A small grin touched Erik's lips as he put the Map away and nodded, turning to the other girl, who Saiorse had "introduced" as Kayrana. "Nice to meet you." After returning his gaze to Saiorse, he gave her a rather concerned glance, seeing as how she looked rather nervous and "jittery". "Uh.. are you okay? You seem kind of flustered."

Arriving at Littleroot Town! part 5. Onwards to Oldale!

Whimsi marvelled at the mushroom-like Pokemon play with her cotton, and after she nodded to the Ralts, she went: "Now that's the spirit!" she said enthusiastically and rolled around, joining in in the fun.

Meanwhile, Kayrana had offered to guide them to Oldale Town. Her town. He wasn't good with directions, but at least this she should know, right? Plus, she had Aurai. There'd be no trouble there. She wondered when it'd be the right time to give Saiorse the drawing as she put her journal back into its place. Erik had asked Saiorse if she was okay, but, Kayrana thought, wouldn't that make her even more anxious? It did seem like she didn't like people noticing how she was acting, it probably made her nervous, and maybe she didn't like people to be concerned for her, although Kayrana had a fine trouble grasping why all that could be. But anyways, since that was the case, she tried to divert Saiorse's attention from Erik's question as much as possible—also giving Erik a very light punch on the arm, to see if he would catch the hint—"Oh, but you see Saiorse, Oldale isn't really that big? It's mostly verdant forests and a few houses scattered around..." she tapped her fingers in her head for a bit, "ah, where things run sparse, or something like that, was the slogan," Aurai internally face-palmed. "Where things start off scarce," was actually the slogan. But Aurai giggled, she knew Kayrana had not the best memory, but she tried her best. "So, shall we start off?" she said with a questioning look as she waited for their answers, tilting her head a bit, hoping Saiorse didn't get bothered by her talking or by Erik's questions. She did remember!

After receiving the light hit to his arm, though unfazed, Erik was snapped out of his concern for Saiorse and turned to look at Kayrana with a confused expression, scanning her eyes to see if there was any hidden meaning behind her action. Then it hit him. Saiorse, from what Erik could gather, was easily nervous by things, so it would seem reasonable that she was rather anxious about how others saw her, whether it was her speech or emotional state. He gave Kayrana an understanding nod, hopefully without Saiorse noticing, and stepped back to let Kayrana reassure the other girl. It would probably be best to keep his mouth shut for the time being. Ulysses quietly floated behind his trainer, per usual, as Sebastian, having also noticed Saiorse’s anxiousness, walked over and gave yet another small nuzzle against her hand in an attempted gesture of reassurance.

Saiorse had opened her mouth to reply to Erik, but Kayrana then began to speak, talking about Oldale. In honesty, Saiorse was largely grateful for the girl, since... well, in short, she disliked when people noticed or commented on her anxiety, as it tended to make her even more so. She tightened her jaw, but outwardly smiled; she simply wasn't used to being in this sort of situation. "Well... Oldale's gotta be, um... gotta be big in comparison t-to Pacifidlog," Saiorse chuckled, nodding her head. Anywhere was big in comparison to Pacifidlog. She felt Sebastian nuzzle once again against her hand, and she looked down at him and grinned, her blue eyes illuminating with happiness. She slightly moved her fingers to scratch under his chin- however, the lack of attention that Fiona, still sat atop Saiorse's head, was receiving made the little blue bird agitated.

Fiona let out a high pitched squawk of jealousy, and furiously flapped her cloud wings, ruffling up Saiorse's ginger hair in the process. The girl shuffled back, giggling with amusement- it was clear she was beginning to get more comfortable, being reminded of the fact she still had her Pokémon. Snooch, catching eye of the commotion, bounded over and wound around Saiorse's legs, trying desperately to get her to pick him up- and Saiorse knew it. If there was anything Snooch loved, it was getting picked up; so, to appease the little Pokémon, Saiorse bent down to pick him up, cradling him in her arms. "Fanacht socair, mo leanaí." she murmured in a soothing tone, knowing her Pokémon best understood her when she spoke Irish. "Caithfidh t-t-t-tú féin a iompar! T-T-Tá na cairde nua ag faire..."

With an exclamation, Kayrana caught her off guard. Saiorse, with a slight smile, nodded her agreement. "Yes, let's, um, go... I wouldn't want t-to, uhh... get caught in the dark."

Arriving at Littleroot Town! part 6. Route 101.

Kayrana's scheme seemed to work, and it also seemed Saiorse wasn't on the mood to answer Erik's question anyways. Kayrana looked at her playing with the Bagon, yet the cloud-Pokemon demanded attention, and Kayrana couldn't help but giggle a bit. And it also reminded her she had to check on Whimsi, oh! She turned back and grabbed the cotton-fluff ball from the ground, lifting it and holding it with her hands now. Even though Whimsi was playing and rolling around, she felt happy that Kayrana gave her attention again, and wasn't bothered by the suddenness of it all. She loved her a lot, if she had to be honest, and she was the best trainer she could ever hope for! "Whimsi, whim!" she let out happy noises.

It had also been helpful that Erik seemed to have understood what Kayrana meant by her light punch. She also noticed that the... piece of metal—she couldn't for the life of her remember its name—floated peacefully behind him. To Saiorse's nod, Kayrana finally answered: "Okay, Whimsi is ready," she caressed her fluff, "so we can get going for sure. It's just right through Route 101 and we'll find Oldale... see that entrance over there?" she pointed at a sign far ahead that said 'Route 101'. "Just follow me!" she blurted out and gave both of them, Erik and Saiorse, a slight tap on their shoulders. Then, she started walking as if dancing, looking back to them, over to the entrance of Route 101. Whimsi rested in her arms and Aurai leaned on her neck, sitting atop her shoulders. She had probably already forgot about the drawing for Saiorse, what with being the guide and all, but Aurai was sure to make her remember down the road.

Last edited:

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
Lucas was slowly walking through Route 101, taking his time to enjoy the nature. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a horde of Poochyena attacked Lucas. "Wha-? Electrike, use Quick Attack!" Electrike looked at Lucas with a confused look, not sure which Poochyena to attack first. "Uh... Use Quick Attack, on the nearest one!" Electrike nodded, and did as Lucas ordered. The other Poochyenas noticed this, and quickly cornered Electrike. Lucas was unsure of what to do, he looked around for some support. He saw a bunch of trainers entering the route. He called out to them. "Uh, can you guys help?" he said, while trying to keep the Poochyenas away from his Pokémon.

Erik nodded in response and quietly followed behind the two girls as the trio set off for Oldale Town. He pulled out his novel and read as the three walked, all while attempting to stay clear of any obstacles in his path. After a few minutes of walking, Erik was suddenly snapped out of his immersion in his book and looked up to hear a voice calling out for help. "Hey, you guys hear that?" Looking around to find the source of the sound, the teen finally saw an Electrike cornered by a horde of Poochyena, a boy seeming to be its trainer trying to grab their attention. "Hold on, I'm coming! Ulysses, use Iron Head and run through them all; Sebastian, finish them with Ember!" The Bagon, who had been showing docile affection to Saiorse at the moment, looked up at his trainer's command and immediately leapt into battle. Ulysses charged from behind Erik with breakneck speed as he plowed through the entire horde of Poochyena at once, knocking them off balance with a powerful Headbutt attack. Once they were caught off guard, Sebastian unleashed a rapid-fire volley of fire orbs, many of them hitting their targets. The air was filled with yelps of pain as the horde scattered, leaving behind the four trainers. Erik turned to glance at the trainer with the Electrike and nodded. "You okay?" (OOC: God, I haven't been in a PRP for so long, and I've turned into the epitome of iron oxidization)

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
Lucas thought he heard a noise, he looked back and saw a trainer, commanding his Pokémon. The boy quickly got rid of all the Poochyenas in a manner of seconds. Lucas was watching, amazed of the strength of the two Pokémon. He heard the boy saying, "Are you okay?" Lucas turned to the boy. "Yeah, I'm okay." He quickly ran towards Electrike and held him tight in his arms. He looked back at the trainer, and quietly said "Thank you..." Lucas quickly healed Electrike with a Super Potion, and let him on the ground. Electrike ran towards the trainer's Pokémon, introducing himself. Lucas looked at them, and looked back. "Oh, I'm Lucas, by the way. What's your name?" he said, in a friendly manner.