• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon high school

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Set Combee next to Floette as he Took of his fedora and Shirt and swam after Kale as SlowKing followed from behid. Once he got to the water fall he went inside to see a Cave And Kale. He got out the watet with Slowking following from behid as he walked up to Kale.

Kale picked up Nina and cradled her in his arms, walking over and sitting on a boulder. She weakly tried to push away from him, and Kale sighed.
"Nina, you can't just pick fights with everyone." Kale said. He looked up to see Jake and his Slowking walking towards him and Nina. Kale sighed again.
"I should have told you, Nina is very proud and very aggressive. She'll fight over anything."

Meanwhile, outside the cave, both Shine and Slate looked towards the waterfall, concerned because Kale hadn't come out yet. They couldn't see the cave, and began to worry that he might be in trouble. To get her mind off of what was happening, Shine went over to Jake's Combee.
"Emolga, mole molga." <I'm sorry that Nina attacked you.> Shine said.

"Its Okay! And Sorry about My SlowKing attacking Nido. He was just looking after combee. We should go back to our Pokemon, I have potions in my bag." Jake gave Slowking a signal as he used Psychic to Make an opening in the Water fall.

"Nido... Ran... Nido.. Nido..." <You... I'm... Gonna beat... The snot outta you...> Nina said weakly at the Slowking when she saw him.
"Nina, stop." Kale said. The Nidoran Female tried to get to the Slowking, but was still weak from the psychic attack. Kale waded into the water and swam on his back to the shore, keeping Nina on his stomach to keep her above the water.

(OOC: I think my original Commet got deleted.)

Both Slowking and Jake jumped in the water and Swam back to Shore. Once he got back to land, He Digged therw his bag untill he found Potion. "Dang it! This is my last Potion!" Jake held the Potion to Kale. "Here, Use it."

"Thanks." Kale said, accepting the potion. He sprayed it on Nina, and the Nidoran Female immediately began to feel better. A bit of Nina's strength returned, enough that she tried to jump at the Slowking.
"Nidoran! Nidoran!" <Let me at him! Let me at him!> She said, squirming in Kale's firm grip. Shine and Slate watched Nina try to struggle at Slowking, and shook their heads.
"No, Nina. I said stop." Kale said. He grabbed Nina's Pokeball and returned her to it.
"Thanks again for the Potion, Jake. And I really am sorry about Nina attacking your Combee." Kale said. "On the plus side, we managed to discover a cool cave thanks to it."

" Yeah, it's okay. and plus I have something for Combee that she'll like." Jake dug through his bag for a second until he pulled out a jar of honey and opened it. once the smell of honey was in the air Combee Shot up and zoomed to Jake, licking the honey out of the jar as Jake laughed a bit.

(OOC: I was offline for a few days because I went on a camping trip)

Munchlax got knocked out by Fire Blast. Daniel returned his pokemon to their pokeballs and took them back to the pokemon center. After they healed up he walked back out and looked around. He saw a forest and thought, 'I haven't been there yet', so he decided to walk in for a while. He accidentally walked into Beedrill territory so they got mad at him. He sent out Hydreigon and it used Fire Blast. The Beedrills got knocked out so he returned Hydreiong and walked back out of the forest

Kale jumped back again as the Conner zoomed past him. Although he felt better knowing that the Combee wasn't really hurt, that didn't make him feel any less nervous around it. Suddenly, Kale heard a distant Fwoosh, similar to the sound of a sudden flame.
"What was that?" Kale asked, more curious than worried. He used his shirt as a towel to dry himself off a bit, then put it back on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jade had gone back to reading her manga. She got to the part where the heroine conquered her fears, and that filled her with determination.
Okay! I'm going to ask that guy to a battle! She thought, closing her manga. Jade looked up, only to see that the boy had disappeared! She looked around, and finally spotted him,coming out of the forest. She nervously walked over to him, holding Deedee's Pokeball in her hand.
"Um... Uh... H-h-hi." Jade said to Daniel. "Um... Uh.. I was, uh... I-I, uh... You, uh... Oh, shoot!"
Jade felt her face start to turn red. She had always had a problem with talking to boys. Behind her tinted swirl glasses, her eyes began to tear up in frustration and embarrassment.

When Daniel got out he thought to himself, 'Maybe I went too far, I mean sure I definitely fended the Beedrill off but what if I had burned the whole forest?!'. Then he saw a girl walk up to him, it was painfully obvious how embarrassed she was, so he took out his phone and started messaging something. 'Hi, is there something wrong?'

Jade didn't see Daniel's text on his phone, and thought that he was just staring at her. Even more flustered, she said, "N-nevermind!" And turned away.
"Spinda!" Jade looked down to see Deedee staring at her, her arms crossed. It was clear that she wasn't going to let her trainer pass. Jade took a moment to collect herself, then turned back to Daniel.
"B-battle?" She managed to stammer out, holding Deedee's Pokeball.

Daniel freaked out when he saw that Jade didn't see the message. He put his phone away and thought to himself. Then he heard what she said and thought. 'Well, if she doesn't see me texting the message this time she'll think that I'LL think that she's weird. I wouldn't want that.' He managed to mutter out the word "S-sure."

(Holy crap, EdgyRed, Your character can talk?!)

"Oh, okay!" Jade said, feeling a bit better. Okay Jade, you did it! Now just relax, and battle. She thought. She gave herself some distance from Daniel, and motioned for Deedee to join her for battle.
"Spinda!" Deedee exclaimed, proud of her trainer and ready to battle.

Once Combee was done with the honey, Jake put the empty Jar back in his Bag as Combee flew around Kale. "Hmm... it looks like Combee likes you, Kale." Jake laughed a bit

(OOC: Yes, he can.)

Daniel sighed in relief. He threw a pokeball and Munchlax burst out. Munchlax knew what to do so he waited for Deedee to make a move. 'My first battle against a trainer in this school,' Daniel thought, 'of course I would go for a strategy I know would work!' "Munch!" Munchlax said proudly.

Kale staggered back, away from the Combee. He was trying so hard not to freak out, and every instinct in his body was screaming RUN! He gently sat down and put his hands on his head.
"Could you please tell your Combee that I don't like it?" Kale asked Jake weakly. Shine went over to the Combee.
"Mole... Emolga molga..." <Please... My trainer's scared of insects...> Shine said to Combee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He's letting me go first. Jade thought. She tried to say, "how chivalrous" but it came out more like, "th-thanks".
While Jade lacked in social skills with males, she knew how to battle.
"Deedee, Teeter Dance!" Jade commanded. Her Spinda nodded, and began to dance a confusing dance. If it could even be called that. It seemed to change tempo and rhythm at random, making it a little difficult to look at without getting confused. Deedee began to dance towards Daniel's Munchlax.

jake stood up and grabbed Combee and said. "Why don't you like Combee? She's really nice." Jake's Combee nodded back and said. <Why does your trainer not like bug types?>

"Munchlax?" Munchlax questioned confusingly. 'Oh no! Teeter Dance?! That confuses my pokemon! If this wasn't a 1v1 I would be able to switch to Hydreigon to get rid of the confusion, and I won't be using any items either... oh well.' Daniel shot a glare at Munchlax and it knew what to do. It powered up an Ice Punch and waited for Spinda to get close and then boom. Or so they thought. Munchlax used the attack to punch itself in the face.

Now that Combee was away from him, Kale sat up and let himself breath a little bit.
"I just... I just don't do Bug types." Kale said, still nervous. He flinched at a painful memory from when he was young. He put a hand to his face and tried to stop his emotions from looking control.
<When my trainer was small, he got lost in the bug forest> Shine said, referring to Viridian Forest. <He wandered into a Beedrill nest, and almost died. That's why he has those scars on his stomach and back.>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jade couldn't help but to giggle at Munchlax punching himself in the face.
"S-sorry." She said, covering her mouth. "Deedee, Dizzy Punch!"
Deedee began to spin like a top, getting closer and closer. Before she got to Munchlax, she stopped and,staggered around, seeming dizzy. She,staggered towards Munchlax, then jumped,in the air and threw a spinning punch at Munchlax.

Despite it looking silly that actually snapped Munchlax out of its confusion. It jumped out of the way and used Ice Punch again at Deedee.

The ice punch attack knocked Deedee back a bit, but she got right back up, looking a bit woozy. Then again, Deedee always looked woozy.
"Deedee, use Dizzy Punch again!" Jade commanded. Deedee began to spin again, and launched another spinning punch at the Munchlax.

Daniel decided to use Deedee's own attacks against her. Munchlax jumped at Deedee using Zen Headbutt. He was hoping to not get confused again.

Deedee's punch connected at the same time as Munchlax's Zen Headbutt, and Munchlax's attack knocked Deedee back once again.
Okay, that doesn't really seem to be working. I've got to keep him confused. Jade thought.
"Deedee, Teeter Dance!" Deedee once again began to dance her confusingly hypnotic dance for the Munchlax.

"Mu-" Munchlax got interrupted by his trainer glaring at him. They both closed their eyes in sync. Munchlax charged an Ice Punch again but this time with it's eyes closed.

Combee gasped as She said. <T-thats terrible! I don't get why Bedrill are so territorial?!> "Oh... You should have told the that sooner!" Jake looked at Kale body as he said. "Hey... Whu do you have to many scars on your body?"

Jade smiled. An interesting strategy, closing their eyes to the Teeter Dance, but she had seen it before. And knew the perfect counter.
"Sucker Punch!" Jade said. Deedee sped towards Munchlax and beat him to the punch, hitting him hard in the gut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kale realized he hadn't fully put on his shirt yet, and quickly put it on all the way.
"When I was small... My parents took me to Viridian City. I got bored, and ended up wandering into Viridian Forest where I got lost. It turns out, that year was a good year for Beedrill, because they were everywhere. I must have walked into a nest, because the next thing I know, they're all over me. I would have died if another trainer hadn't heard me screaming and managed to drive them off." Kale said this all without emotion. He rubbed his hand through his damp hair as Shine floated over and comforted her trainer. Slate watched from a distance and,sighed. Kale was silent for a few moments, then he looked up at Jake.
"I'm sorry, its not that I don't like your Combee. It's just... Every time a bug Pokemon comes near me, I can't help myself. I just go into panic mode."

Last edited:
Jake got a determine look an his face. "Well, I'm going to help you to get rid of that fear! No matter what it takes! And plus, I'm always happy to help a friend! How hard could it be?!"

Kale's eyes widened.
"WHAT?! No, no, nononono, I'm fine. Really. Really, I'm fine." Kale said. "I'd really, really rather not."
Slate snorted and shook his head.

Daniel and Munchlax both got caught off by Sucker Punch at first. However, they were determined to finish the attack. After Munchlax tanked the attack it used Ice Punch at close range.

Deedee was hit by the Ice Punch, and to both the Pokemon and Trainer's surprise, ice began to creep up Deedee's body, freezing her solid. The Spinda tried to struggle, but couldn't move.
"What?! No!" Jade exclaimed, putting her hands to her head. "Oh, come on!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kale sighed and shook his head. He had a feeling that whatever he said, whatever he did, Jake wouldn't change his mind.
"Fine. But it's not going to work." Kale said. Shine gave him a small shock for that negative remark.
"Shine!" Kale exclaimed.
"Mole mole!" <Not with that attitude!> Shine retorted. Kale shook his head.

Daniel wasn't actually expecting that to freeze, but since it did, they had the perfect chance. Although he didn't want to seem too cocky because Jade might have something else up her sleeve. Munchlax jumped up into the air and came down straight at Deedee using Zen Headbutt, using it's momentum from the fall to strengthen the attack.

Munchlax headbutted the Frozen Deedee, shattering the ice and knocking her back. Deedee struggled to her feet, staggering back and forth more than usual.
Not good... Deedee might not be able to last another hit. Jade thought.
"Deedee, Teeter Dance!" For the third time this battle, Deedee danced her confusing and teetering Dance.

Daniel knew that if he tried closing his eyes again Deedee would just use Sucker Punch again. But he didn't waste time and commanded the last attack. "Use Fire Punch and wrap this up!"

Jake let go of Kake's Sholder as he was Shocked as he said. "I guess Shine didn't like what i said. And It is going to work! Even if it takes 10 Years!"

"Deedee, look out!" Jade exclaimed. But her Spinda was too slow and weakened. The Fire Punch connected, and Deedee collapsed, unconscious. "Oh, shoot! Aw, man! That was fun!"
Jade returned Deedee back her Pokeball. Now That she had battled, Jade felt better about talking to the guy.
"My name's Jade. What's yours?" Jade asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whatever you say." Kale said. Suddenly, from inside the cave their came a loud crash. Kale stood up and looked at Jake. "What was that?" Kale asked.

Daniel smiled and made a peace sign to represent his victory. He also felt better about talking after the battle. "It's Daniel" he said.

"Sounds good to me." Kale said. Anything to get his mind away from facing his fears of bug Pokemon. Kale returned Shine and Slate to their Pokeballs, and waded through the shallow area of the river to get to the cave behind the waterfall. When he walked in, he could see that there was some dim light coming from the back of the cave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was a really good battle! Your Munchlax is so strong! I still need to train Deedee a little more." Jade said. She looked at Daniel again. "I think I saw you in school today. Do we have a class together?"

'Huh?' Daniel thought, he didn't recognise her, so he just said, "Maybe, I wasn't paying attention so I don't really know." he laughed. Then he heard something clearly deep into the forest. 'The Beedrills?' he thought. "I gotta go now, see ya later!" he said as he ran off into the forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.