• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Hero Tournament

Alright. He'll just think about it then. If all of us want to do something like that, then he'll probably say yes, but then there's a problem. There will be four of our OCs battling, and if even one of those four people leave for an extended period of time, this RP won't do so well. Plus, that also means shorter posts and there will have to a lot of communication between the partners in a makeshift conversation or in this discussion thread.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Hm, you do have a good point there. But if all parties involved in those battles agree to the terms, I don't see any harm in it. Just need to be done in a slightly different way. No biggie

Okay, I just realized there were two different kinds of double battles: One where you send out two Pokemon at a time with one opponent, and the other is having two people fight together to beat a pair of opponents. Battle royale would be interesting, but it will follow the same problems that I've stated in my last post. The first kind of double battle will be fine, just more material to write or type down. The second kind will have the same problems as the battle royale.

XD LOL XD no, when you kept having Gengar shift between physical and spiritual phase within a second before and after attacking XD I'm pretty sure it was before you edited them. XD

Diving between the realms. In all fairness, this is more based on the anime not games. Otherwise i would have knocked it the abonsansow within the first few attacks.

Yeaa. But the anime apparently allowed a Swellow to stay alive after getting hit by Ash's Pikachu's Thunder and it apparently used the electricity as a Thunder Armor for increased speed, damage, and defense..... So yea, I don't know XD

True lol but Basically the lines are skewed a bit. It's more of an actual combat ready battle instead of a game that can one hit a onix by using bubbles you know? XD

Yea XD I never really understood the anime (Officer Jenny calling her Growlithe an Arcanine... A translation error led Ash to say "Whirlwind" instead of Blow Away to his Bulbasaur... Brock said that Fire was weak to Grass or something stupid like that... Light Screen had a different property than it was used, along with Double Team... Among others).

And it is. Especially when you can just use two different moves to make a combined move and, in the anime, that would be considered a "turn" when compared to the games. XD

But you can take out a lvl 40 wailord with a lvl 100 emolga using spark at that's totally fine lol. Both aren't perfect, but we are taking the best parts of both and putting them in for the roleplay. So there's some wiggle room for variety in combat

Lvl 40 sailors? What? XD
But yes :) I agree with you :) Although... Levels aren't a thing in the anime. Yes, they probably said it in a few episodes, but I've seen most people RP by using it as a guideline or base line with how strong their Pokemon are and that's it. XD

Wailord, I mean wailord lol. Yeah Pokemon have experinced other things and battles more than other Pokemon who lets say sat around all day. But that's a no brainer :p just saying the battles like me and Glaceon tamer are the first user on user battles, so there are new creative strategies that would most likely not be used against a npc

Sol I mentioned there wasn’t going to be a double battle, and I said I was thinking of a Battle Royal. However that is for the finals, when there is four people left. While I like double battles, the Alola region isn’t known for their double battles. However single battles and battle royals are what they do more often.

What I might do, is recruit the help of a few unbiased judges, (some people who wasn’t part of the RP) and ask them who they think should win, based on all of the posts they have done, so far in this RP. It purely depends, on what those judges think, on who wins overall.