• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver remakes confirmed - Autumn release in Japan

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm rather excited to see that the starters appear to follow you around. It would be a dream come true if they extended that to all Pokemon, but I think that's asking too much. Besides, the larger Pokemon would undoubtably cause issues

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The newly leaked CoroCoro scans show that not only is your starter following you in Azelea town (which means it's a permanent feature - and not just related to the opening story sequence), but the Shiny Pichu that's being distributed this summer can ALSO follow you (and is part of an event in the Ilex Forest which includes the Notch Eared Pichu - a scene that also includes the Celebi shrine).

Now, it's quite possible that the Pokemon that can follow you may be limited to special Pokemon - but it opens up the possibility for more, nonetheless - and confirming it to be a permanent feature of the game is glorious.

The new scans also show the female character who may or may not be the redesign of Kris.

If she is the redesign of Kris, well... I liked her old design better. :\

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Scans care of Bulbanews =)

And yes... I liked the Crystal female design better, but eh >>;

Oh, hey hey. Their device thingies look like souped up PokeGears. Assuming they'll take advantage of the second screen just as the Poketch has, I'm intrigued by what all they'll do. :3

And also... whats the structure on the 3rd page? Just right of the bloke's head... maybe its just me, but I can't remember anything like that before.

[quote author=LoN_Colossus link=topic=6038.msg100523#msg100523 date=1242150299]
And also... whats the structure on the 3rd page? Just right of the bloke's head... maybe its just me, but I can't remember anything like that before.
At a guess I'd say it's the Sprout Tower in Violet City.
[/quote]I suppose it could be... although the Sprout Tower was at a dead end in the older games. Maybe they've revamped the towns a lot more than expected? Who knows until we have more information :)

What is it about flashy Japanese letters that gets me so much more excited for a Pokemon game? :p

I can't wait to play around with all the new sprites, and your starter following you around is awesome. I hope all the Amity Square Pokemon can follow you around too. Drifloon...

I'm also hoping they keep the same features of Fire Red/ Leaf Green such as the Seven Islands and the TM case and Berry Pouch. It would be nice if the Jhoto reigon had sone of their own islands as well.

The idea of more than one pokemon being able to follow you around is super exciting! It's making me so excited, that im off to go play pearl! haha

So, Serebii's got scans up.

Cody is not happy. Well, at least, not with the female character. Why couldn't we just have Crystal again? Also, the other gender plays a "support role."

Do not want.'

On the plus side, it seems your starter follows you around more ^^

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
SWEET MOTHER OF GOD THE FEMALE HAS A HAT THAT'S EVEN STUPIDER THAN FRLG'S AND DP'S HEROINES' PUT TOGETHER. X-X

... And what's with the retarded outfit?

On the bright side, at least it's not a miniskirt this time. Not that SHORT SHORTS are any better. (Say comfy and easy to wear and I end you.)

Also Larvitar looks even worse than Chikorita. Good grief. Is Sugimori's ability to draw getting progressively worse or what?

Hn. I find myself wondering if:

A - Crystal will make a cameo as a Contest trainer. (Since that's what Marina was reduced to in the anime. >>;;; )
B - Does that mean Other-Gender pulls a Lucas/Dawn, get the third starter, and fail at life?

I'm interested to see the changes now... All the changes so far seem to be interesting (Always a good thing considering how hard gen 2 sucked).

Needless to say I'll be playing the male. New-style Gold isn't quite as awesome as he used to be, but better than THIS... shite.

wow!!! i like Gold sprite! and of course the 3 starters...
among all starters in kanto, johto, hoenn n sinnoh, i prefer johto!! i like the 3 of them!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

please click the egg

Does anyone remember that Batman series where Bruce Wayne was all old and gross so they had this teenage kid be the new Batman, and the Joker was still at large and had a million henchmen? Well two of the henchmen were these clown girls, and the female player (my friend's been calling her Soul) looks like those clowns. Her design is terrible :\

I really like the shadows on the forest floor, they did that in Platinum (can't remember seeing it in Diamond) and I thought it was neat, so I'm glad it's back in HG&SS.

The shot with the three PokeBalls on the third page, I can't decide if that's choosing your starter or perhaps the new setup for having your Pokemon follow you.

Stantler's tail sort of looks like a giant asscheek.

finaly :)
i have been waiting so long for this day to come.
well itl probably be about this time next year for me *sigh*
but none the less i cannot wait to get this game ^^

Ewww, the "new" girl trainer just looks like a mess to me. :/
I think when I get the game, I'll be choosing a male instead...
(Though if I get both when they're out I'll make one of each.)

EEEOHMYGODWHATTHEFUCKISWRONGWITHTHATHAT?!!!!!!!!!

*dies* Jesus, it looks like a fucking mushrooom. ;_; I mean, the suits is tolerable, but her hat is bigger than her friggin head. Nintendo is so sexist these days, the male guy gets al lthe cool shit.

The Touch Screen Menu would be an intresting change, I rather hate having to push the X button all the time.

I can't wait to get this game, the original was my favorite of all time (ironically I never did beat the game). I love the idea that you can have your pokemon follow you now..definitely will be hooked on this game once it's released here, and I can finally get Totodile again!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
An update from Famitsu on Heart Gold/Soul Silver:

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:Famitsu_HGSS.jpg

Not a lot as of yet, but a 3D starter select screen can be seen, as well as the starter Pokemon following the trainer. Also, a notable screenshot at the bottom-right corner of the second page shows an in-game event from HG/SS involving the Pichu received from the Arceus Movie event.

On a side note, the Movie Event Arceus is said to have some in-game effects when transferred to Platinum, possibly with regards to the overall plot of the game.

Overall, to get back on topic, HG/SS is looking like it's well in development already.

New pic. on Serebii.

It seems the touch screen will act as the Menu. :/ Kinda disapointing.
It may be at first, but I garantee you'll get used to it.

Also, I have looked at the link that King of Lucario displayed (was an image; who knew?) and also found some new links on Bulba garden as well.

I have some image links if you wolud like to view them:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:HGSS-Corocoro.jpg
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:pokeGear.png

I have also heard more about the Pikachu-colored Pichu. It will play a role in the game as it activates an event in Ilex Forest once transfered. (fond on http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/CoroCoro_reveals_tidbits_on_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver). Think of it like Platinum Regigigas...only smaller.

After looking at those corocoro scans I'm also liking the new look of the illustrations in the background for the second gen. pokemon, very detailed! ;D

After looking at those corocoro scans I'm also liking the new look of the illustrations in the background for the second gen. pokemon, very detailed! ;D

Yes! I really do love the new illustrations. *nods* Very good. They could have done better on the starters if you ask me... but I do like Miltank's. (Miltank is one of my favorite Pokemon, so of course I like it. :3) Glad they can finally have all the Pokes with updated artwork now. I was sick of seeing the old pics of the Johto pokemon, not a problem now!