• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver remakes confirmed - Autumn release in Japan

Ah sweet finally! I'm happy they are remaking them, and I'll be hoping for an early release date for the US!
Lets see, as for the titles, it does sound of corny, but once you say them a little more, you get kinda attached to them. (I could care less about the names though, Pokemon is Pokemon.)
Gosh, I hope I can get both versions, so I better start putting money aside and not spending it on things I really don't need...

Im really happy that they are getting remade. Not so sure about the titles though but i can live with them. Ill prolly get Soul Silver because I got that first before finding a free copy of gold on a school trip lol. I already have Lugia and Ho-oh so I really hope i get a chance for the 3 starters and hopefully there is a good chance for Raikou, Entei and Suicune and possibly Celebi too.

im going with pokemon heart gold because it has ho oh and probably suicune because they both stay in the same tower!the starter i pick tododile because fraligator is my fav! 8)

Sweet!I'm definitely getting Soul Silver.I think I might get Cyndaquil this time.

Here are my previous Pokemon game choices!

Leaf Green and Bulbasuar
Gold and Chikorita
Sapphire and Torchic
Diamond and Piplup

:'( etc.

BatteryEdit:This guy may be banned, but walls of smilies still hurt my eyes.

StelEdit: They hurt my eyes too but you just rendered half my epic ban moot, you blue bastard. XP

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
(puts on a heavy Russian accent)

I am Armblade Admin. And these... are my armblades.

They're biomechanically-powered, lightweight, monomolecular-edged, and can slice through 10,000 n00bs at 200 slashes per minute. It can reduce a n00b to subatomic fragments... in 12 seconds.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Some n00bs think they can outsmart me. Maybe... Maybe.

I'm yet to meet one n00b that can outsmart armblades.

(SLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASHSLASH*BAN*!)

... Cry some more.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
-salutes and adopts Australian accent-

Wave goodbye to yer head, wanker!

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I think I'll have to go with Silver here. I like Lugia a bit more than Ho-oh for some reason (there goes my fire preference), and I also prefer Silver over Gold. But the new names -are- pretty corny.

Just letting everyone know. Check out Serebii, they've got pictures of the Starter's new art, and a few screenshots from New Bark Town. Totodile's gotta be my favorite picture of the three.

I saw some (slightly blurry) screenshots of HGSS, and no one should be worried about the graphics now. They look amazing! And they're making me want the game even more D:

Edit: Cody beat me to it, but hey ^^

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Woah, starter following you around?!

Holy hell. If that's a permanant feature of the game ala Yellow - I will explode.

(Alex >>)

Screenshots of trainer being followed by a Chikorita? That means you can probably have your pokemon out of its pokeball and following you around like in Yellow! I'm not sure if it can happen anywhere, or you only do it for a short time at the start of the game. But, it still gives an extra star or two on the ranking of HG and SS

I think I'll get Gold this time since I had Silver before. I saw the pictures as well and I'm really glad that they are putting that feature back. I really can't wait for it now.

I saw the video w/ the trainer in New Bark Town; the music is pretty. ^_^ [They start playing it at 4:22 and again at 4:58 in the video. In case anyone wants to see it....]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kOTlMnWPE

It's going to be hard to make a choice of a starter now since it follows you. They're all so cute. ^_^ I'm getting this game definitely. :) (Maybe both...)

I saw the video w/ the trainer in New Bark Town; the music is pretty. ^_^ [They start playing it at 4:22 and again at 4:58 in the video. In case anyone wants to see it....]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8kOTlMnWPE

It's going to be hard to make a choice of a starter now since it follows you. They're all so cute. ^_^ I'm getting this game definitely. :) (Maybe both...)

I saw that they had a release date there... I read the tags and it said 9/5/09. But is that really it?! So early?

I saw that they had a release date there... I read the tags and it said 9/5/09. But is that really it?! So early?

I'm guessing that means September 5th, rather than May 9th, seeing as that's already passed. A September release could be rather early, but Japan usually gets the releases earlier. It's likely that they've kept this under wraps for quite a while and it's already fairly far in the development phase. Looking at it, they might have started it around the same time as Platinum and that game's already done.

Still, a September 5th release in Japan is a while before any release in North America, Europe or for the Aussies.

Yay for starter following! Makes me want to get a chikorita even more muahaha... Fear my following meganium!

Or maybe its just following you for the start of the game as elm only gives you the pokémon to go get the togepi egg... Tsk tsk, looks like noone here remembers the story well enough...

Last edited by a moderator:
AWESOME! My favorite generation and my first is getting remade. I'll choose Soul Silver and starter shall be Cyndaquil. Oh and also I heard that your starter pokemon follows behind you! On Serebii.net no I'm not a spammer it just looks interesting there.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Hm, starter following you around is cute. I wonder if it starter only, or certain Pokemon can follow you at any time, like that park in DPP. On that note, I also wonder if evolved starters are going to be following you around?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I like the idea of your starter (or any Pokemon for that matter) following you around. Even if you can only do it at the begining it's still a new bonus that is pretty cool.

What I hope is that there is a feature in your Pokemon menu (status, switch, item, etc.) that says "send out" or something like that so that you can have any Mon follow you at any time. That's my opinion anyway.

Starters follow you around? :O That did it, my desire for buying these games are totally cemented. (As if they weren't already in the first place) It would be the coolest thing since breathing if any Mon can follow you around for that matter. I wonder if they're going to do a little scaled thing? (Like Onix being much bigger than trainer etc.)

It would be the coolest thing since breathing if any Mon can follow you around for that matter. I wonder if they're going to do a little scaled thing? (Like Onix being much bigger than trainer etc.)
Ahaha...

*LoN starts a mass breeding of Wailmer for an army of Wailord to assault Johto with >:D

I'm glad this game is coming out. I don't care which one I get. I just like Johto. I'll obviously start with Totodile, since its my fave starter of all of them. One of my friends is hoping that you'll be able to get Celebi in this game, since it was cut out of the orginal G/S/C. I'll be get the flash drive file when it comes out in Japan, so I can play it, and wonder what the hell they're saying. LOL....I'll still get it when it comes out in English, though. I'm glad my favorite region is being remade. Can't wait to see what they did with the PokeGear....and plus, Whitney! Nuff said.

I am going to be getting Silver once again. ^^

The sad part is I only vaguely remember most of Johto. And the Johto starters are my least favorite set, but I think I am going to break from my water starter tradition and take out Chikorita. The only pokemon that is GUARANTEED to be on my team will be Ampharos. I just love that little critter soo much. ^_^ If I have the option, Ampharos will definitely be following me around! :3

[quote author=* Sunny * link=topic=6038.msg100138#msg100138 date=1241934784]

I'm guessing that means September 5th, rather than May 9th, seeing as that's already passed. A September release could be rather early, but Japan usually gets the releases earlier. It's likely that they've kept this under wraps for quite a while and it's already fairly far in the development phase. Looking at it, they might have started it around the same time as Platinum and that game's already done.

Still, a September 5th release in Japan is a while before any release in North America, Europe or for the Aussies.
[/quote]

The only reason I thought that was early was because everyone on the Serebii forums was thinking is was going to be on or near November 21st, the original Japan release date. Whereas in the US is was released in October the next year (Obviously, it won't be that long this time.) D/P were released in Japan in September, and we got them in April. So it won't be as long as I thought it would be.

But it's still too long, which is why I am importing. xP

This makes me so happy. I've been praying for a re-make for Johto since Fire Red and Leaf Green came out.

I'm fortunate to have a boyfriend who loves Pokemon, so he'll be getting Gold and I'll grab Silver (just like 10 years ago *shock*).

I'm not sure who my starter will be this time. I always had such a hard time deciding. Though I tend to lean toward Totodile and Chikarita, I think they're all great.

Can't wait to see all the gym leaders, towns, the rival, and the return of Team Rocket!

It's gonna kill me to wait so long for it. *sigh* Hopefully I can manage to keep myself entertained until then.

ive thought my team and gender

wil be a boy
team will be fraligator,ho-oh,pidgeot,togep i might need that one because he might know last resort,gyrados,suicune

yes yes yes bayleef ftw 8)

:oAlright it is time for my umbreon to come back and kick some rear-end.

Most likey to get gold unless a frind of my gets it. Who cares you fight 16 gyms in G/S and hopefully in these two too.

I wonder if the new stuff in Platum are in these gyms?

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to see Team Rocket back in action again, as well as your starter following you around! 8D
I think I'm going to go for Soul Silver, and if possible, both. I'll also be choosing either Chikorita or Cyndaquil because of their last evolved forms. C:

Ah, Johto. Some good memories there. Even though I only played Crystal, I'm still excited for both of the games. I'm going to try to get both, but one is good enough. After all, it's about time they made the Johto remake.

I'll either pick Cyndaquil or Chikorita. And the started following you around is diffidently bonus. Can't wait to see Goldenrod City again.

-off to replay Crystal until games are out-