• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokemon GTS.net

Well, it's been up for a few days, so I'm fairly surprised there hasn't already been a thread about it.

In case you don't already know, PokemonGTS.net (http://www.pokemon-gts.net/) is the official Pokemon Global Trade Station website, which provides in-depth information on the pokemon being traded all around the world using the system.

I haven't actually used GTS yet, so I haven't had the experience of seeing my own little pokeball whizzing around the 3D map; but it's a really exciting prospect.

In my case, I really like the site. It's intriguing to see which pokemon are the most common trades, and which countries also do the most trading. (It's kinda shocking to find out how little UK traders there are).

It's really cool to see a pokeball containing a level 23 Drifloon from Wales in the UK whizzing over to Osaka in Japan in exchange for a level 13 Munchlax. And the more diverse destinations really catch my eye.

It also seems like the kind of program that the pokemon trainers in the anime/manga would use in order to keep track of their pokemon; which just makes me like it even more.

Seeing the names of the pokemon and their moves in the player's (or trader's) native tongue while they're being traded is so cool; and being able to hear the greetings for most languages on the site is a neat touch.

The only thing I dislike is the background music, which gets really annoying after a while.

So guys, have you used the site yet? What are your opinions on it? And has anyone had the experience of seeing their own pokemon travelling around the 3D map?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I already said this on another forum, so I'll just be lazy and copy and paste.

Nice if you want complete and utter proof of how useless the system is (Dialga and Palkia are at the top of every chart) but other than that it doesn't really serve much purpose.

There's not even any guarantee at all that you'll find any of the Pokemon listed on the site within the game 'cos you only get a selection of 5 for each Pokemon in-game and you can't even change which 5 you get by searching again.

Wasted opportunity to fix the in-game system really. If you'd been able to at least bookmark trades and tie them to your Friend Code and then use the actual game to trade afterwards, it would have been useful.

As it stands, it's just a bloated flash program telling you how many dumb trades like Palkia for a Bulbasaur are on the system.