1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokémon GO to be Shown Off at Game Developer Conference

1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]
    It has been announced that mobile game Pokémon GO will be shown off at the Game Developer Conference in San Francisco next month.

This will be the first chance for people to see in-depth how Pokémon GO works. The special session will be held by Niantic CEO John Hanke and will explain more about the development of the game, its encouragement to get Pokémon trainers outdoors, and the future of the next evolution of augmented reality and real-world mobile gameplay experiences.

Game Developer Conference will be held from the 14th of March until the 18th. It's not yet clear which day the Pokémon GO session will be held.

#1 Demelza, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Pokécharms News' started by Demelza, Feb 3, 2016.

1. SquirtleLover
      SquirtleLover
      When is the release date of pokemon go? Does anyone know?
    2. Linkachu
      Linkachu
      Nope, we still don't have that information. There's a chance that it will be revealed at the GDC talk but there's no solid proof of that either, just speculation. :)
      teabut likes this.
    3. SquirtleLover
      SquirtleLover
      To bad :( Well, still thanks for clearing that up :p
    4. Jhan Garc
      Jhan Garc
      The trailer did say summer 2016....
    5. The iFlare
      The iFlare
      I'm fairly sure, given the nature of the product, that Pokemon Go will play similarly to Niantic's other game, Ingress. It was stated early on in Pokemon Go's production that it would revolve around a similar principle and run on the same engine. For the uninitiated, Ingress is a game where literally getting out of the house and travelling the world is the goal. You are assigned to one of two teams and key places on the world map are labeled "portals". Imaginary wars are waged at portal locations to take control over them and eventually the entire world. Pokemon Go is very likely to run on a similar principle, but having some pokemon mechanics thrown in. It's very likely that you'll be able to find certain kinds of pokemon at different portal locations and that the types you can find there will change periodically. Like Ingress, special events may be held in big cities such as Miami, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, etc. These will probably be legendary pokemon events in the case of Pokemon Go. What Pokemon Go may add to what is very likely to be a very Ingress-esque experience is the ability to actually battle other pokemon trainers in passerby events and gain experience that way along with certain portal locations possibly being labeled as pokemon centers or gyms.

Meh... I should stop ranting. This is all theory anyway and it probably wasn't appropriate to post that here. XD I'm really into seeing what Pokemon Go will really be about considering all the hype that's been surrounding it since its announcement.
      _Umbreon_ likes this.
    6. KingButcherH2O
      KingButcherH2O
      Really big Pokemon fan and I've always wondered if Pokemon could be in my real life! Now I finally get to see what it would be like!
    7. Ryuuga
      Ryuuga
      All this is great and all, but I think all of us just want a release date. PLEASE, GAME FREAK.
      TooBlue12 likes this.
    8. Bluefeather
      Bluefeather
      YES! YES! YES!
      I want to see this in action so bad! I can't wait for it to be out!
    9. Kawaii Unicorn
      Kawaii Unicorn
      OMG FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna get a flight to San Fransisco just for this.
    10. Bluefeather
      Bluefeather
      Excuse me, but why? Isn't this a private game developer conference?
    11. Kawaii Unicorn
      Kawaii Unicorn
      Oh, I thought it was something else.
    12. RafuRum
      RafuRum
      I've been seeing posts about it going to be released on feb 27th... anyone can confirm that?... it seems a bit shady
    13. Teapot
      Teapot
      We've not heard anything official about a release date, so the 27th is just a rumour. It's not an unreasonable guess, though. Apps can be released much more easily than full physical games, so we could easily see a release with hardly any notice.
    14. RafuRum
      RafuRum
      I thought so too.. but the fake beta tests going around makes it sound like the "27th" thing is tied to it too... welp better not hype myself too much and wait for official news.. :3
    15. Kawaii Unicorn
      Kawaii Unicorn
      Well so Pokémon Red and Green were made on February 26th, so that is where the rumor comes from.
      RafuRum likes this.
    16. Teapot
      Teapot
      @MissPinkRebelle Yeah, that's the reason an awful lot of the recent rumours centre around February 27th. :) I have no doubt that something will happen that day, but we won't know what until the big day itself.
      RafuRum likes this.
    17. Kawaii Unicorn
      Kawaii Unicorn
      @Teapot I completely agree, I mean I wouldn't mind something like Pokémon Z or Pokémon Go to be released that day because it is so soon, but still I mean there are way to many rumors.
    18. MrButlerC
      MrButlerC
      Someone on FB said it will be around 27 February. I don't know if it's correct or not