• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon go made a comeback? Y/N

I'm honestly not sure. I've seen a lot more people playing it after gen 2 came out, but I live in a pretty small town. Please give me your opinions!

Niantic is still horrible at this, but gen 2 did pretty good at bursting out of the water and getting more people playing again. I've been playing since day one, and I'm not gonna stop until... Idk. I can't see the future.

I used to play Go, but I quit because I didn't really enjoy it and I think Niantic did a poor job of the game in general. I don't see people playing Go anymore, but in other areas it's probably brought back previous players :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
In my area, quite a few people are playing now that Gen II is out, but I don't see the effects lasting very long. Niantic has done a poor job in the sense that this game is only interesting for maybe the first month when new Pokemon are released, and then quickly forgotten afterwards. There's little incentive to play the game once you've collected all available Pokemon, which can easily be done within even the first few weeks if you're diligent enough of a player.

I've seen a few people wandering around aimlessly with their phones out in a way that says "maybe pokemon", but for the most part it's been way too cold for that haha. I stopped playing after PoGo stopped working on rooted phones. My new phone isn't rooted, but I've been too tired to do the wandering around that's needed. I was also spoiled by Toronto having such a density of pokestops.