• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Go Ideas [[Looking for a partner]]

Hey, so I'm new to this site but since I love Pokemon, I thought I'd give posting a few ideas a try. I honestly don't have any really concrete plot as to what to do with that particular topic. I was thinking that instead of the game basically being a virtual reality sort of thing, perhaps in this idea, the Pokemon are actually living, breathing creatures that have just been revealed to the public after years of being held in secret captivity by the government. Though Pokemon are fairly new to the public, the teams of Instinct, Mystic, and Valor have already been formed and thier members are fiercely loyal to the core beliefs of each Team. Due to that nature, animosity quickly breaks out between all three teams yet most of the dislike goes towards Valor. As silly as it seems, Mystic and Instinct do not trust Valor and grow ever more angry with every victory that Valor gains over them.

I was thinking something along the lines our two characters could belong to two completely different teams. Maybe in belonging to either Mystic or Instinct and the other having sworn his alliegence to Valor. When Valor's fame continues to rise as does their strength, the character belonging to Mystic/Instinct gets sent out to infiltrate Valor and collect information for their own team. Their mission is to find what makes Valor so special and tear it down to the ground through lies, manipulation and betrayal. But that all changes when our characters meet and are paired together. Feelings begin to form and the purpose that was the sole reason for the infiltration, begins to fade.

Another idea is that the idea of the hatred between the teams stays firm. However, when a gang of humans decide to team up together and cause chaos around cities with the Pokemon they have caught, two of the three teams are forced to work together in order to bring an end to the madness. I was thinking that perhaps our two characters could be second in command of their teams only to the obvious leader of each division. Being forced to spend hours together and put what would have been completely different ideals, into one, could bring about the knowledge that they're not so different from one another after all. That development could not only bring about a plan to tear down the "evil" gang of humans, but also unify the teams in peace. Perhaps they won't understand everything about one another, but will be able to work together for the benefit of everyone else without the hatred that once plagued them.

The last tibit of an idea I had was the perhaps we could make the Pokemon Go game a fully functioning virtual reality game. Something like the who .Hack universe, so to speak. Players can log into the game and while their bodies remain in the real world, their minds travel to a completely different plane of existence. It's just sort of a little idea I've been playing with but I haven't got anything too solid on it yet.

If anyone is interested, please let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited: