• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: Fantasy Adventure Edition

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
The Story
For years humans have been fighting each other in an endless war that has only produced bloodshed and fear. It became worse in recent years as people realized they could tame the mythical beasts that inhabited their world, Pokemon. Today few kingdoms remain that are able to call themselves stable, among those only one has been able to find neutrality in this chaotic world, the land of Churan. Here people are able to live peacefully, away from the war torn world as the desert to the northeast protects them from land invasions, the seas around them are difficult to navigate making sea invasions useless, and any attempt to fly there has been met with difficult winds.

Left to do what they want with little interference from the outside world, Churan had begun to think of Pokemon as more than tools and weapons. They began to see them as friends and longtime companions and were able to feel and express emotions. With these revelations came outcry from those that believed the battling of Pokemon should become a crime, the kingdom established a more organized form of battling. The people of Churan were content with this system and have lived peacefully ever since.

Time went on and the kingdom faced new problems. In the harbor city of Noctfond people became restless from years of oppression from local monopolies that cared little for the lives of their workers and the people in the city. This anger hit its climax when a riot broke out. The kingdom feared a revolution would follow if nothing was done they tired to help but the capital city, Lumspire, was suddenly attacked stopping any and all attempts to fix the situation in Noctfond. A Charizard had lashed out and destroyed part of the marketplace in Lumspire, when it calmed down it was found to have strange runes on it along with the words "Memory Guild." The peace that this kingdom was once praised for is beginning to deteriorate.

You, however, don't have to worry about these problems for you are young and your journey has only just begun.

The RP
Hey there! This is fantasy world that I made a few weeks ago but never got around to making a thread for, after some thinking I realized I could squeeze in Pokemon into the world and so I did. As you may have read above you'll be in the land of Churan, a peaceful kingdom that has recently been hit with a lot of problems.

You'll be making characters that have just been allowed to tame their first Pokemon on a journey through Churan. As the story section stated, the kingdom has established a organized system for "trainers" to battle Pokemon. This is basically the 8 gym system, except I swapped out the elite four and champion for a battle in which 4 teams battle each other in an arena.

Besides this everything else should be pretty familiar, traveling with your Pokemon, collecting badges, defeating other "trainers," and destroying a large organization despite being relatively young. Of course this all also comes with the typical fantasy stuff, like magic, enchanted weaponry, magic from worship, so on and so forth. There are a few exceptions, one of the major ones is you're only allowed to have three Pokemon with you at a time. That may seem like a bit too much but I had to make this rule because 1) This world's technology is radically different from what is available in the games so pokeballs would most likely not exist and 2) I liked the idea of Pokemon traveling alongside you in a world that has a a lot more wilderness to it than the games but I also found that traveling with six Pokemon at a time looked sort of off to me. Another one is the exclusion of some man made Pokemon, when I say this I'm referring to Pokemon like the Porygon line, the Rotom forms, and Muk line which have a lot to do with modern society.

Finally comes classes, if you look at the character sheet you’ll notice that there’s a space for a class, here you can put a class that you feel best fits your character. You aren’t choosing your character’s job, think of it as another piece to describe your character. If you need a class list, feel free to pick a class from D&D. If there’s another game with a class you think will fit your character better than the ones in D&D go ahead and use it just leave a link to a description of the class.

The World
I’ve talked about the story of the RP, some other important things about the RP itself, so now it’s time to provide a map of Churan.

othr pokemon map.jpg

(Only some of the towns/cities are labeled because they are the most important ones, also there will be more small villages and towns that you may be visiting that aren’t on the map)

I may also provide a brief description of the labeled towns and cities if people want them, right now I’m planning to give a “description” when the town/city comes up in the RP.

Additional Information
So after starting this thread I answered a few questions, this "Addition Information" sections contains those questions and their answers. I've put them in a spoiler because I didn't want to make this thread too long and because this information isn't necessary to read through, though it may answer some questions you have.

Q: You said that you don’t like the idea of us having six Pokémon so how many will be allowed to have along the way?

A: You may have 3 Pokemon with you at any one time, but you can tame as many Pokemon as you'd like. Any Pokemon you'd like to take off the team to keep your team count at 3 will be stored at a local daycare (pretty much this world's version of the PC). Of course, if you've just tamed a Pokemon and you've gone over your limit I'll give you some time so you can make it to a daycare and decide which team member will be stored.

Q: Whilst you can have up to three Pokemon with you at once, can you still befriend other wild Pokemon yet they remain how they choose. (And is there a rule as to what Pokemon you can have, such as starting with a final evolution Pseudo Legendary, like Dragonite?)

Also what are the kind of Organizations are we expecting alongside their behaviors and motives?

A: Yes, you can befriend wild Pokemon and allow them to remain as they please. Starter Pokemon have to begin at the first stage of their evolution, so a Dratini would be fine but a Dragonite not so much. A similar rule will affect the Pokémon you can tame at the beginning of the RP, in the wild you have to encounter Pokémon that are similar in power to the Pokémon you already have. So basically try and keep things fair. However, in reference to your first question, if you find and befriend a Dragonite early in the RP but don’t tame it until later when taming such a strong Pokémon is more reasonable then I could allow a strong Pokémon being with you every once in a while, this is true on two conditions 1) This wild Pokémon you’ve befriended only stays with you temporarily before leaving into the wild again and 2) The Pokémon isn’t used to keep yourself from losing or as some kind of last minute answer to any problem.

As for organizations, the major one for this RP is the Memory Guild a mysterious cult-like organization with an unknown goal that seems to currently only be interested making its name known. I’d prefer to keep most things about them secret, at least until the they come up in the RP. Besides that there’s the Thieves Guild that acts as the generic criminal organization. There’s also a few other ideas for other organizations such as one that’s planning a revolution and one that’s trying to get Churan to enter the chaotic world it has been shielded from for years, but these are still WIP as they’re problems that will enter the RP at a later time.

Q: Since there are no Pokeballs, how will we evolve some Pokémon that require trading? Like rhydon for example.

A: Right now I’m planning for there to be a witch or druid in the swamplands that has gained a special connection to Pokémon. This has allowed them to find hidden evolutions, in some Pokémon, that for some unexplainable reason they seem to be unable to unleash through normal means. They will offer to use an incantation to unlock these evolutions, Pokémon such as Rhydon that require an item will still require the item, though some items, like the Electirizer, will be changed to better fit this setting.

Q: Should I only have 1 Pokemon or can I have more than one? (Obviously gonna make my starting limit no more than 3)

A: You can start with a team of up to 3 Pokemon, just be mindful of how powerful your Pokemon are.

Q: One of the biggest questions that I just realized is how we are going to capture Pokémon if there are no pokeballs, or is there something else we will do?

A: The Pokemon of this world are only very recently being seen as creatures with actual emotions and Pokemon are still adjusting to this new way of thinking. So most Pokemon are still wild animals that will attack humans. This means that humans need to tame their Pokemon and show them that they are friends not foes. Going back to your question, you will be befriending Pokemon and will have to trust that your Pokemon don't decide to just leave you one day. The connection between humans and Pokemon, the opportunity to become stronger, and the new quality of life that is seen with most humans keep Pokemon from leaving. So make sure to show your Pokemon that they are more to you than tools of battle, show them that they are friends that you trust and respect.

Rules
1. Follow normal Pokecharms rules.

2. The nature of the setting makes this RP a bit more violent than some others due to the weaponry and magic, this can be expressed in your posts as long as you don't go overboard.

3. Magic is not the answer to everything, don't overuse it and don't stretch its limitations.

4. Romance is allowed just keep it PG-13 and make sure everyone involved is okay with it.

5. I love drama and conflict between characters IC so it is allowed, just don’t let it become a problem OOC.

6. Please remember to ASK QUESTIONS, this is a really expensive lore/world I’ve built so I’m bound to forget to mention some things so don’t be hesitant to ask away (not much of a rule but still very important).

7. Fakemon are allowed just follow the Pokecharms rules for them

8. To ensure you’ve read everything, or at least skimmed through it, put “The Memory Guild” somewhere in your character sheet.

Character Sheet
(This is just the base I provide if there’s anything you want to add to this go ahead)

Name:

Class:

Appearance:

Personality:

First Interaction With Pokemon:

Backstory: (Anything in their life you feel is important to their character)

Other:

Pokemon Sheet (I’d like Pokemon to be able to be dynamic and change, if you have a suggestion for how to do this feel free to tell me, right now I'm thinking about using Google Docs for this)

Nickname:

Species: (Pretty much any Pokemon with a multiple stages in their evolution and that is in the first stage of this evolution, I may reject some so I suggest you ask if the Pokemon is okay before making a sheet)

Personality:

Appearance:

Moves:

Other:

The RP
https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-fantasy-adventure-edition.20635/

Last edited:

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Hey this seems interesting and for sure I’ll join, but first I have a question. You said that you don’t like the idea of us having six Pokémon so how many will be allowed to have along the way?

You may have 3 Pokemon with you at any one time, but you can tame as many Pokemon as you'd like. Any Pokemon you'd like to take off the team to keep your team count at 3 will be stored at a local daycare (pretty much this world's version of the PC). Of course, if you've just tamed a Pokemon and you've gone over your limit I'll give you some time so you can make it to a daycare and decide which team member will be stored.

I might consider joining as well, and a question related to Scalding's: Whilst you can have up to three Pokemon with you at once, can you still befriend other wild Pokemon yet they remain how they choose. (And is there a rule as to what Pokemon you can have, such as starting with a final evolution Pseudo Legendary, like Dragonite?)

Also what are the kind of Organizations are we expecting alongside their behaviors and motives?

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
I might consider joining as well, and a question related to Scalding's: Whilst you can have up to three Pokemon with you at once, can you still befriend other wild Pokemon yet they remain how they choose. (And is there a rule as to what Pokemon you can have, such as starting with a final evolution Pseudo Legendary, like Dragonite?)

Yes, you can befriend wild Pokemon and allow them to remain as they please. Starter Pokemon have to begin at the first stage of their evolution, so a Dratini would be fine but a Dragonite not so much. A similar rule will affect the Pokémon you can tame at the beginning of the RP, in the wild you have to encounter Pokémon that are similar in power to the Pokémon you already have. So basically try and keep things fair. However, in reference to your first question, if you find and befriend a Dragonite early in the RP but don’t tame it until later when taming such a strong Pokémon is more reasonable then I could allow a strong Pokémon being with you every once in a while, this is true on two conditions 1) This wild Pokémon you’ve befriended only stays with you temporarily before leaving into the wild again and 2) The Pokémon isn’t used to keep yourself from losing or as some kind of last minute answer to any problem.

As for organizations, the major one for this RP is the Memory Guild a mysterious cult-like organization with an unknown goal that seems to currently only be interested making its name known. I’d prefer to keep most things about them secret, at least until the they come up in the RP. Besides that there’s the Thieves Guild that acts as the generic criminal organization. There’s also a few other ideas for other organizations such as one that’s planning a revolution and one that’s trying to get Churan to enter the chaotic world it has been shielded from for years, but these are still WIP as they’re problems that will enter the RP at a later time.

Since there are no Pokeballs, how will we evolve some Pokémon that require trading? Like rhydon for example. (may be hinting at my Pokémon)
Right now I’m planning for there to be a witch or druid in the swamplands that has gained a special connection to Pokémon. This has allowed them to find hidden evolutions, in some Pokémon, that for some unexplainable reason they seem to be unable to unleash through normal means. They will offer to use an incantation to unlock these evolutions, Pokémon such as Rhydon that require an item will still require the item, though some items, like the Electirizer, will be changed to better fit this setting.

I am interested! Ekans is fine as a pokemon, right?
Ekans is fine.

Name:Azar vontair

Class: Paladin

Appearance:He is a bit tall and a bit bulky. He wears a white chest plate with grey leggings, his sleeves are yellow and boots are also grey. He carries a shield on his back and a flail next to it.

Personality:brave, stoic, stands up for anything right and punishes wrong. He loves to hang out and make friends and spends a lot of alone time with his rhyhorn.

First Interaction With Pokemon:Azar was Lonley at first, living in a small town. Until his town was caught on fire but was saved by a rhyhorn, he has been with him ever since.

Backstory:Azar lived with a small family and wasn’t very rich. He lived on a farm helping out his Dad with the work. He loved helping out because he was able to spend some time with the Pokémon if he did well. But one day the town caught on fire and he was knocked unconscious by a blast. When he woke up he was met with a rhyhorn licking his face trying to get him awake. His parents were no where to be seen and he didn’t know where he was either. He thanked the rhyhorn and tried to look for his parents but the rhyhorn pulled him back and made him look to the left, he saw his house ablaze. He for sure thought his parents were gone but had a slight hope. But it soon faded when the house collapsed. He found a shield and flail that was his fathers and picked them up. After that he claimed he would protect others and help those in need. He travels with his rhyhorn trying to become strong.

Other:His shield has some burnt marks on it from the fire.

Nickname:Leo

Species: Rhyhorn

Personality:jarring,brave,loves new friends and especially food.

Appearance:has a brown saddle with pouches on the side for storage.

Moves:

•smack down

•horn attack

•stomp

•protect

Other:He will do anything if it means food. He likes to sleep next to Azar

Tell me if anything needs to be changed! From the memory guild

Last edited:

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Name:Azar vontair

Class: Paladin

Appearance:he wears a white chest plate with grey leggings. He carries a shield on his back and a flail next to it.

Personality:brave, stoic, stands up for anything right and punishes wrong. He loves to hang out and make friends and spends a lot of alone time with his rhyhorn.

First Interaction With Pokemon:Azar was Lonley at first, living in a small town. Until his town was caught on fire but was saved by a rhyhorn, he has been with him ever since.

Backstory:Azar lived with a small family and wasn’t very rich. He lived on a farm helping out his Dad with the work. He loved helping out because he was able to spend some time with the Pokémon if he did well. But one day the town caught on fire and he was knocked unconscious by a blast. When he woke up he was met with a rhyhorn licking his face trying to get him awake. His parents were no where to be seen and he didn’t know where he was either. He thanked the rhyhorn and tried to look for his parents but the rhyhorn pulled him back and made him look to the left, he saw his house ablaze. He for sure thought his parents were gone but had a slight hope. But it soon faded when the house collapsed. He found a shield and flail that was his fathers and picked them up. After that he claimed he would protect others and help those in need. He travels with his rhyhorn trying to become strong.

Other:His shield has some burnt marks on it from the fire.

Nickname:Leo

Species: Rhyhorn

Personality:jarring,brave,loves new friends and especially food.

Appearance:has a brown saddle with pouches on the side for storage.

Moves:

•smack down

•horn attack

•stomp

•protect

Other:He will do anything if it means food. He likes to sleep next to Azar

Tell me if anything needs to be changed!

I'd like it if you could add a physical description of Azar in addition to the description of what he is wearing. You also forgot something I put in the rules.

I might consider making a char for this, maybe I'll even recycle an old char I once used, but it'd take time to mold it to fit this RP. Also, should I only have 1 Pokemon or can I have more than one? (Obviously gonna make my starting limit no more than 3)

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
I might consider making a char for this, maybe I'll even recycle an old char I once used, but it'd take time to mold it to fit this RP. Also, should I only have 1 Pokemon or can I have more than one? (Obviously gonna make my starting limit no more than 3)

You can start with a team of up to 3 Pokemon, just be mindful of how powerful your Pokemon are.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
One of the biggest questions that I just realized is how we are going to capture Pokémon if there are no pokeballs, or is there something else we will do?

The Pokemon of this world are only very recently being seen as creatures with actual emotions and Pokemon are still adjusting to this new way of thinking. So most Pokemon are still wild animals that will attack humans. This means that humans need to tame their Pokemon and show them that they are friends not foes. Going back to your question, you will be befriending Pokemon and will have to trust that your Pokemon don't decide to just leave you one day. The connection between humans and Pokemon, the opportunity to become stronger, and the new quality of life that is seen with most humans keep Pokemon from leaving. So make sure to show your Pokemon that they are more to you than tools of battle, show them that they are friends that you trust and respect.

Also Azar is accepted!

I'm thinking my character still uses his Pokemon for battle, but what sets him apart from other 'Pokemon users' is that he interacts with his Pokemon almost as equals to himself. (Then again, I still need to make him, and I'll do so soon. Just need to think on everything.)

Leo saw something in Azar and decided to save him, they have been buddies since and love to do everything together. He rides Leo around but Leo dosent mind it. We will just have to see what happens in the journey to see if they will be split apart.

If anything needs changing, you let me know.

Name: Chester

Class: Bounty Hunter

Appearance: Tan skin. He had a mohawk and his eyes were icy blue. Somehow, his lips were always dry. He was about 6 feet in height. He wore a red, torn shirt and a long pants. He wore a necklace with a skull of a Rattata. When he worked, he wore a helmet that looked like a Arbok's head.

Personality: The'daddy-never-loved-me' type. He had an older brother and his father had always been more proud of his brother than him. Hence, he was aggressive and always proved something.

First Interaction With Pokemon: At a very young age, his father owned a Charizard and a Arcanine as guard dogs.

Backstory: His father, Cain, was a very famous mercenary for hire, known as The Rider of Nark. (Nark was a small city Cain was born in.) After Cain was married and retired, he opened a school for combat. Chester was Cain's middle child and had an older brother and a younger sister.
Cain wanted his sons to followed his steps by becoming mercenaries. The oldest son did but Chester, being rebellious, ran away from home and became a bounty hunter.

Other: He used a sword and a knife (Their shelters were made of Ekans' skin). [Insert a subtle way of inserting the phrase The Memory Guild here.]

Pokemon Sheet (I’d like Pokemon to be able to be dynamic and change, if you have a suggestion for how to do this feel free to tell me, right now I'm thinking about using Google Docs for this)

Nickname: Purple

Species: Ekans

Personality: Quiet and obedient

Appearance: Normal

Moves: Bite, Leer and Poison Sting

Last edited:

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
If anything needs changing, you let me know.

Name: Chester

Class: Bounty Hunter

Appearance: Tan skin. He had a mohawk and his eyes were icy blue. Somehow, his lips were always dry. He was about 6 feet in height. He wore a red, torn shirt and a long pants. He wore a necklace with a skull of a Rattata. When he worked, he wore a helmet that looked like a Arbok's head.

Personality: The'daddy-never-loved-me' type. He had an older brother and his father had always been more proud of his brother than him. Hence, he was aggressive and always proved something.

First Interaction With Pokemon: At a very young age, his father owned a Charizard and a Arcanine as guard dogs.

Backstory: His father, Cain, was a very famous mercenary for hire, known as The Rider of Nark. (Nark was a small city Cain was born in.) After Cain was married and retired, he opened a school for combat. Chester was Cain's middle child and had an older brother and a younger sister.
Cain wanted his sons to followed his steps by becoming mercenaries. The oldest son did but Chester, being rebellious, ran away from home and became a bounty hunter.

Other: He used a sword and a knife (Their shelters were made of Ekans' skin).

Nickname: Purple

Species: Ekans

Personality: Quiet and obedient

Appearance: Normal

Moves: Bite, Leer and Poison Sting

Everything looks great, you’re just missing something from the rules.

Name: Marduk Magala

Class: Outlaw (Although enough strength to be mistaken for a warrior)

Physical appearance: Stands at slightly over 5'11" with a somewhat athletic build and skin most assume as Pale. His hair is somewhat long but tied into a scruffy ponytail with a dirty light Gray shade and Wine red streaks on the front, his eyes have Fuchsia irises.

Attire: He wears a Wine red shirt, Black pants and Dark gray boots. Armor wise, he wears a Dark gray metal chest plate that mainly covers his upper chest and gauntlets of the same color and pointed fingers. His two most distinctive pieces of attire are an open black long coat with a frayed tail that reaches his ankles and a collar that strongly resembles a Hydreigon's in both shape and color. His other most noticeable piece of attire is a Fuchsia scarf wide enough to almost cover his mouth and long enough to reach his waist

Personality: He is a stoic and blunt person who's only kind when he wants to be, he relishes every chance to fight or get stronger as long as the opponent is equal in strength to him. He has a lot of respect and loyalty to his father who appears to lead a slowly growing gang. Unlike many people who use Pokemon for tools, Marduk has spent enough time in the wild to realize that Pokemon are more than they seem and thus making him hold a high amount of respect for them, interacting with them almost the same as with people. Because of this, he slowly began to dislike the people who simply use Pokemon and loathes losing above all else.
There is also a female member of the gang whom he gained slight feeling for, unaware that those feelings are mutual... (May/may not be added later, depending on how it goes.)

First Interaction With Pokemon: His first interaction with a Pokemon was with an injured Zoroark when he was five.

Backstory: Born in Sherrin City, Marduk's father: Gareth Magala trained Marduk as much as he could ever since he could walk, teaching him everything needed to fight and survive. Sometime after his forth birthday, Marduk was introduced to his father's gang: The New Moon and told him his plan to turn it into an army so that the Magalas could reach nobility and possibly even royalty. While they don't technically work for The Memory Guild, they are on relatively good terms with one another. Marduk since then trained hard to live up to his father's expectations and was even introduced to his father's Hydreigon, however, Marduk was somewhat unsure about how his father treated the Pokemon, much to his ignorance. When Marduk reached ten years old, he was gifted an egg by his father which soon hatched into his first Pokemon: Deino. Gareth wanted his son to train 'it' as well as he could so he could become his successor, whilst Marduk did just that, he did it in his own way as he began to bond with his Deino and the two began to address each other as equals. To this day, Marduk and Deino continue to train hard all in the name of The New Moon.

Other: His father is supposed to be a notorious crime lord, his gang slowly growing in numbers and has a few rumors spreading around the region, although due to how often they hide themselves, most consider the gang to be a myth.
------------
Nickname: N/A

Species: Deino

Personality: A relatively hot headed Pokemon who loves to eat when given the chance as well as battle and get stronger. He sees Marduk as more of a big brother than a handler due to their relationship. He also has a strong hatred for Fairy types.
Appearance: Thanks to a battle against a Houndour that attempted to attack Marduk when caught off guard. Deino gained a vertical scar over where his left eye would be, while the scar itself isn't deep, it is a noticeable one.

Moves: Focus Energy, Headbutt, Dragon Breath, Crunch.

Other: Because the Deino lacks proper eyesight, Marduk trained him to make us for this with his other senses and because of this, showed promising results.
--------------------
Question: Is there a possibility that Pokemon can learn moves taught by tutors, or will there be certain people in the world a lot like tutors that can teach Pokemon said moves alongside ones from TMs?

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Name: Marduk Magala

Class: Outlaw (Although enough strength to be mistaken for a warrior)

Physical appearance: Stands at slightly over 5'11" with a somewhat athletic build and skin most assume as Pale. His hair is somewhat long but tied into a scruffy ponytail with a dirty light Gray shade and Wine red streaks on the front, his eyes have Fuchsia irises.

Attire: He wears a Wine red shirt, Black pants and Dark gray boots. Armor wise, he wears a Dark gray metal chest plate that mainly covers his upper chest and gauntlets of the same color and pointed fingers. His two most distinctive pieces of attire are an open black long coat with a frayed tail that reaches his ankles and a collar that strongly resembles a Hydreigon's in both shape and color. His other most noticeable piece of attire is a Fuchsia scarf wide enough to almost cover his mouth and long enough to reach his waist

Personality: He is a stoic and blunt person who's only kind when he wants to be, he relishes every chance to fight or get stronger as long as the opponent is equal in strength to him. He has a lot of respect and loyalty to his father who appears to lead a slowly growing gang. Unlike many people who use Pokemon for tools, Marduk has spent enough time in the wild to realize that Pokemon are more than they seem and thus making him hold a high amount of respect for them, interacting with them almost the same as with people. Because of this, he slowly began to dislike the people who simply use Pokemon and loathes losing above all else.
There is also a female member of the gang whom he gained slight feeling for, unaware that those feelings are mutual... (May/may not be added later, depending on how it goes.)

First Interaction With Pokemon: His first interaction with a Pokemon was with an injured Zoroark when he was five.

Backstory: Born in Sherrin City, Marduk's father: Gareth Magala trained Marduk as much as he could ever since he could walk, teaching him everything needed to fight and survive. Sometime after his forth birthday, Marduk was introduced to his father's gang: The New Moon and told him his plan to turn it into an army so that the Magalas could reach nobility and possibly even royalty. While they don't technically work for The Memory Guild, they are on relatively good terms with one another. Marduk since then trained hard to live up to his father's expectations and was even introduced to his father's Hydreigon, however, Marduk was somewhat unsure about how his father treated the Pokemon, much to his ignorance. When Marduk reached ten years old, he was gifted an egg by his father which soon hatched into his first Pokemon: Deino. Gareth wanted his son to train 'it' as well as he could so he could become his successor, whilst Marduk did just that, he did it in his own way as he began to bond with his Deino and the two began to address each other as equals. To this day, Marduk and Deino continue to train hard all in the name of The New Moon.

Other: His father is supposed to be a notorious crime lord, his gang slowly growing in numbers and has a few rumors spreading around the region, although due to how often they hide themselves, most consider the gang to be a myth.
------------

Species: Deino

Personality: A relatively hot headed Pokemon who loves to eat when given the chance as well as battle and get stronger. He sees Marduk as more of a big brother than a handler due to their relationship. He also has a strong hatred for Fairy types.
Appearance: Thanks to a battle against a Houndour that attempted to attack Marduk when caught off guard. Deino gained a vertical scar over where his left eye would be, while the scar itself isn't deep, it is a noticeable one.

Moves: Focus Energy, Headbutt, Dragon Breath, Crunch.

Other: Because the Deino lacks proper eyesight, Marduk trained him to make us for this with his other senses and because of this, showed promising results.
--------------------
Question: Is there a possibility that Pokemon can learn moves taught by tutors, or will there be certain people in the world a lot like tutors that can teach Pokemon said moves alongside ones from TMs?

Accepted!

TMs will take the form of hidden scrolls that can be used to preform a spell that teaches Pokémon new moves. These scrolls will vary in difficulty to find depending on the strength of the move. Move tutors will also exist.

Hey, just saw this. Mind if I join in shortly? Also wanted to check something, since this role play takes place in the past, would you be ok with us using fossil pokémon as our starters (Kabuto, Lilpeep, est.)?

Last edited:

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Hey, just saw this. Mind if I join in shortly? Also wanted to check something, since this role play takes place in the past, would you be ok with us using fossil pokémon as our starters (Kabuto, Lilpeep, est.)?

Fossil Pokémon seem like they would have existed a long time before this time period as well, so they aren’t available as starters.

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Fine by me. I can do something else. One final question, when you ask for "class" what do you mean by that? Like D&D classes (Fighters, Rouge, Cleric, est.) or some other system?

The “class” can come from D&D or any other system. Just remember that the “class” only acts as another descriptor to have a better idea of who your character is. Meaning it doesn’t have to be the character’s definite job in this world, though if it is their job that’s fine too.

Sorry for the delay, hope this works.

Edit: Sorry for missing the most obvious part: The Memory Guild

Character Sheet

Name: Maxwell Vernelleon

Class: Warlock/Rouge

Appearance: Maxwell is pale and built tall and thin like a rake. His natural hair color is brown, but often he wears wigs are part of a disguise. Speaking of disguises, Maxwell doesn’t have a “normal” outfit; often wearing new outfits almost daily. However he does follow a trend of wearing formal clothing that covers down to his wrists and ankles. He also always has something covering his left eye; be it obvious like an eyepatch or more subtle like long bangs covering his eyes. He’s also quite a fan of headwear.

Personality: A snake from tongue to heart. Maxwell uses cons, manipulation, and trickery to advance himself selfishly above his fellow man. He often knows which cards to play and what strings to pluck in order to get someone to do what they want or get what he wants.

“In the more secluded villages outside Sherrin City, parents do not allow their kids to roam the woods after sundown. It’s said that the songs and whistles of Pokémon, too high pitched for adults to hear, but well within the range a child can hear, bewitch them to go deeper and deeper into the woods.

Once entranced they’ll come across the sight of fairy Pokémon dancing around a large Hypno. The Hypno would then approach the child and wave its silver medallion to completely hypnotize them. For what purpose, no one truly knows? Some think the fairy Pokémon transform the children into another of their kind. Others fear the children work as slaves picking mushrooms and flowers for the fairy Pokémon; working night and day till they finally collapse from exhaustion and become lost forever. The terrified believe the Pokémon offer the children to witches and warlocks for sacrifices in their dark rituals.”

- Local Legend

“But what of the rare few children who live to tell the tale; those with the mental fortitude to resist the Hypno’s hypnotism? They’re given a Pokémon egg and guided home without a scratch. Hmm, what does the egg hatch into? If you follow the natural cycles in life, the answer is obvious: a Drowzee.”

Backstory:

Two years ago, Maxwell found himself in the capital city of Lumspire amid the chaos of the riots in Noctfond. A perfect opportunity for him to make a simple profit and pass off the blame to whoever was more hated then he was. However, this bravado of his made him careless. When the marketplace was set ablaze, he was caught off guard and shot across the marketplace along with a hunk of splintered wood that embedded itself in his left eye. Burned and half blind, he was brought to safety by a Bronzor who used its psychic abilities to lift his body out of the inferno. When Maxwell came to, he saw that most of his critical wounds had been healed, but the pain was still very much there. Scrounging for the next few weeks, he had both managed to regain his strength and make a partnership with Bronzor. However this event did not cause Maxwell to reevaluate his life or his choices. No, his newest ally only strengthened his ruthless pursuit for notoriety and wealth.

Other:

Maxwell holds an impressive mental fortitude, able to resist moderate manipulation from humans or Pokémon. Combined with his preference for psychic pokémon this gives him a limited amount of telekinetic abilities. He is able to move small and light objects (objects like coins, keys, small rocks, est.).

Despite his infamous acts, he’s rarely known by the people at the places he visits. As if he can afford to, he uses his Pokémon to erase the memories of his existence to the people he meets.

Pokemon Sheet:

Pokémon #1:

Nickname: Unseelie

Species: Drowzee

Personality: A mischievous and rotten Pokémon who abuses her hypnosis powers for the personal gain of herself and Maxwell.

Appearance: Slightly taller and fatter than the average Drowzee, stands around 3’ 7’’ or a lil over a meter tall.

Moves:

- Hypnosis

- Disable

- Dream Eater

- Dazzling Gleam

Other: N/A

Pokémon #2:

Species: Bronzor

Personality: Sporadic, often going between remorseful of its power and eager to get stronger.

Apperance: A normal Bronzor with the critical exception of it missing its top nub and the remaining five have strange symbols branded into them.

Moves:

- Hypnosis

- Double Team

- Metal Sound

- Confide

Other:

- Metal Sound can disorient trainers and humans depending on how loud it is.

- Confide can be used on trainers and humans if Bronzor can get close enough. It may remind the person of a horrible event from their past or something much worse.

Last edited:

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Sorry for the delay, hope this works.

Character Sheet

Name: Maxwell Vernelleon

Class: Warlock/Rouge

Appearance: Maxwell is pale and built tall and thin like a rake. His natural hair color is brown, but often he wears wigs are part of a disguise. Speaking of disguises, Maxwell doesn’t have a “normal” outfit; often wearing new outfits almost daily. However he does follow a trend of wearing formal clothing that covers down to his wrists and ankles. He also always has something covering his left eye; be it obvious like an eyepatch or more subtle like long bangs covering his eyes. He’s also quite a fan of headwear.

Personality: A snake from tongue to heart. Maxwell uses cons, manipulation, and trickery to advance himself selfishly above his fellow man. He often knows which cards to play and what strings to pluck in order to get someone to do what they want or get what he wants.

“In the more secluded villages outside Sherrin City, parents do not allow their kids to roam the woods after sundown. It’s said that the songs and whistles of Pokémon, too high pitched for adults to hear, but well within the range a child can hear, bewitch them to go deeper and deeper into the woods.

Once entranced they’ll come across the sight of fairy Pokémon dancing around a large Hypno. The Hypno would then approach the child and wave its silver medallion to completely hypnotize them. For what purpose, no one truly knows? Some think the fairy Pokémon transform the children into another of their kind. Others fear the children work as slaves picking mushrooms and flowers for the fairy Pokémon; working night and day till they finally collapse from exhaustion and become lost forever. The terrified believe the Pokémon offer the children to witches and warlocks for sacrifices in their dark rituals.”

- Local Legend

“But what of the rare few children who live to tell the tale; those with the mental fortitude to resist the Hypno’s hypnotism? They’re given a Pokémon egg and guided home without a scratch. Hmm, what does the egg hatch into? If you follow the natural cycles in life, the answer is obvious: a Drowzee.”

Backstory:

Two years ago, Maxwell found himself in the capital city of Lumspire amid the chaos of the riots in Noctfond. A perfect opportunity for him to make a simple profit and pass off the blame to whoever was more hated then he was. However, this bravado of his made him careless. When the marketplace was set ablaze, he was caught off guard and shot across the marketplace along with a hunk of splintered wood that embedded itself in his left eye. Burned and half blind, he was brought to safety by a Bronzor who used its psychic abilities to lift his body out of the inferno. When Maxwell came to, he saw that most of his critical wounds had been healed, but the pain was still very much there. Scrounging for the next few weeks, he had both managed to regain his strength and make a partnership with Bronzor. However this event did not cause Maxwell to reevaluate his life or his choices. No, his newest ally only strengthened his ruthless pursuit for notoriety and wealth.

Other:

Maxwell holds an impressive mental fortitude, able to resist moderate manipulation from humans or Pokémon. Combined with his preference for psychic pokémon this gives him a limited amount of telekinetic abilities. He is able to move small and light objects (objects like coins, keys, small rocks, est.).

Despite his infamous acts, he’s rarely known by the people at the places he visits. As if he can afford to, he uses his Pokémon to erase the memories of his existence to the people he meets.

Pokemon Sheet:

Pokémon #1:

Nickname: Unseelie

Species: Drowzee

Personality: A mischievous and rotten Pokémon who abuses her hypnosis powers for the personal gain of herself and Maxwell.

Appearance: Slightly taller and fatter than the average Drowzee, stands around 3’ 7’’ or a lil over a meter tall.

Moves:

- Hypnosis

- Disable

- Dream Eater

- Dazzling Gleam

Other: N/A

Pokémon #2:

Species: Bronzor

Personality: Sporadic, often going between remorseful of its power and eager to get stronger.

Apperance: A normal Bronzor with the critical exception of it missing its top nub and the remaining five have strange symbols branded into them.

Moves:

- Hypnosis

- Double Team

- Metal Sound

- Confide

Other:

- Metal Sound can disorient trainers and humans depending on how loud it is.

- Confide can be used on trainers and humans if Bronzor can get close enough. It may remind the person of a horrible event from their past or something much worse.

It seems you’ve forgotten something from the rules, read over them again and once you’ve got it I’ll go ahead and accept Maxwell.

Also, to expand on my previous “Yep!,” I’d like for everyone to begin by arriving at the inn. If you’d like to make another introduction for your character besides that, that’s fine, I can just make a post that will just be the carriages going out to pick you up. I’d also like to talk a bit more about the sponsorship, this is an opportunity for your characters to get stronger and have a way to meet each other. Even if you don’t plan for your character to be much of the friendly type or even to be a part of any group, I’d still like for everyone to have an idea of where they’re starting, what they have on them, who’s who, etc. I just thought I’d clear that up so no one is restricted in what they want to do.

It seems you’ve forgotten something from the rules, read over them again and once you’ve got it I’ll go ahead and accept Maxwell.

Also, to expand on my previous “Yep!,” I’d like for everyone to begin by arriving at the inn. If you’d like to make another introduction for your character besides that, that’s fine, I can just make a post that will just be the carriages going out to pick you up. I’d also like to talk a bit more about the sponsorship, this is an opportunity for your characters to get stronger and have a way to meet each other. Even if you don’t plan for your character to be much of the friendly type or even to be a part of any group, I’d still like for everyone to have an idea of where they’re starting, what they have on them, who’s who, etc. I just thought I’d clear that up so no one is restricted in what they want to do.

Right... knew I forgot something. I edited it in at the top.

Name: Namine Lionheart

Class: Archer (Has Crossbows and prefers long range combat)

Appearance: Refrence
Blond hair hair a STAGGERING 5'9". Not exactly a muscular build and actually quite skinny.

Personality: Refined and quiet. She has a bit of a superiority complex and that can make her struggle to find friends. She takes a tactical approach and doesn't rush into things without a well conceived plan. Loves Herbal Tea.

She first met them when she visited her garden when she was younger. A swarm of Vivillon came for the spring migration.

Backstory: She was an heir to the Lionheart foundation, daughter of Matthew Lionheart one of the richest and well known nobles in all of Churan. She had a happy life untill she was about 10. That was the year when Namine's mother died due to medical complications. Matthew got severely depressed and started drinking. He still tried to be a good father, but he started failing in his business and started dojng illegal things for money. Soon afterward, at the age of 18, she left. She got a small time job working at a waitress in a tavern to maintain a town cottage that's honestly a dump. Until today, the day she becomes more.

Other: Knows basic healing magic

Nickname: Ienzo

Species: Litwick

Personality: Cute cudly and WARMS up to peoe easily.

Appearance: Normal but the flame is more pink

Moves:
Confuse Ray
Flame Burst
Night Shade
Will-O-Wisp
Other:N/A
This RP looks fun!

Last edited:

Bolero

Previously Boleroofnoodles
hey this is apparently cool, but I have my doubts.I have to give the characteristics of my pokémon too? and Can I still participate in this?