• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Fairy Tales discussion.

Fairytales are stories told to children when they are put to bed at night. These tales seem harmless and may seem like they are just that stories.

Stories like Rapunzel, Cinderella, and many more, all took place hundreds of years ago. In a land that was once real but now is just a tale told for generations of kids to enjoy. These tales were suposed be just legends for children. They are meant to give them hope and fill them with wonder.

No one knew that those very tales that everyone knows and love, were real. They have come back to the land of man and pokemon. Pokemon back then were not caught in pokeballs like today. Pokemon chose who their trainer were.

The land was peaceful, many different people ruled the lands. Everyone lived in peace and prosperity. A war broke out in these peaceful lands. This war triggered the start of those faithful tales of wonder and hope.

Fairytales are darker then anyone has ever known. There was death, famine, deceases, and no hope or wonder. Dark and twisted tales are often told and retold until the tales of pain and suffering, turn into tales of hope and dreams.

The war lasted for many years. People lost their lives, their homes, loved ones, some lost it all. This war war is what brought about the tales that spark hope and wonder into everyone now.

The land was once all in one piece no one country own the land. The land was split between many different countries. The war devistated the land. Homes were lost. Lives were spent fighting. Pokemon were used as weapons for every side. Pokemon fought to protect their friends who treated them well. Pokemon fought and some even lost their lives to this war that never seemed to end.

When the war finally ended, it brought peace to the land. Years pass and those stories that were brought out through war and violence, were passed down. Throughout the years those stories changes and became happier. They brought out dreams of wonder for kids.

Rules

• Our story takes place in the modern day Unova region.
  • Your character is the modern day reincarnation of a fairytale character.
  • They don't have to be the same gender as the original character.
  • You have to come up with a dark twist for your fairytale.
  • If you want ideas for your fairy tales, look up the Grimm Brothers fairy tales. They will give you ideas for your character's ancestor.
  • The pokemon that your character has is the same pokemon that your ancestor will have as well.
  • Please make sure you know the rules and guidelines for Pokecharms.
  • Be respectful of others in the rp.
  • Shinies are ok just don't go overboard with them.
  • If you understood the rules please put R E S P E C T in the other section.
  • There will be some violence in this rp. If your post gets too bloody make sure you put a spoiler before that section of the post.
If you want help coming up with your character I found this character sheet to be very helpful. It is the mainstream character bio from the pinned decussion.

Name:
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Clothing:
Identifying Marks:
Musculature:
Personality:
Skills:
Past:
Family:
Love Relationships?:
Pokémon: Species, Nickname, Gender, Ability, Hidden Power, Special Features, History/Personality, etc.

Please use this Character sheet for your submission to the rp.

Name:
Sexuality:
Appearance:
Personality:
Fairy Tale:
Backstory: (a short retaling of your dark fairytale.)
Pokemon:
Other:

I will update this post with my character as soon as I polish them up some more. If you have any ideas for this roleplay then please feel free to voice them here.

Name: Royal
Sexuality: Gay
Appearance: he has pale skin, bright almost glowing green eyes, and very long golden blond hair that reaches to his ankles. He will sometimes put it in a braid. He lean but very toned. He stands at 5'3. He has an iquana tattoo on his ankle. He also has a birthmark on his left in the shape of a sun. He wears a light purple t-shirt with a golden abstract sun design on it. He also wear a pair of light grey skinny jeans. Most of the time he is seen barefooted though when it is cold he has a pair of boots. He also has a light pink jacket thaf buttons up in the front and comes halfway to his knee.
Personality: He tends to believe the best in people. It sometimes get him involved in some bad situations. He is very bubbly and loves to be with others and help them when they need it. He is a bit of a dreamer. He wants to spend his days painting and seeing where the the outside of his boarding school. When he gets nervous he tends to ramble alot.
Fairy Tale: Rapunzel
Backstory: Once upon a time there lived a baker and his wife. They were happy that they were expecting a little baby. Though they were not happy about the way it came about. They had to find five items for an old witch to lift a curse that was placed on the baker's family. His mother craved greens from the garden of the witch. The witch found the man stealing from her garden, but in exchange for the greens she wanted the child. The man agreed to the deal and she let him go. The witch made good on her promise and came back for the child was born. The parents tried to reason with the witch but it would not happen. She took the baby and locked her in a tower were she spent 18 years of her life there. Until the day a prince came for her.
Pokemon: Charizard (Pasc), Bellosome, Lanturn (Glowy), Sunflora, and Rapidash.
Other: R E S P E C T I know what it means to me.

Last edited:

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Name: none yet
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance: he is a normal eevee, except he has hair that looks like Sonic's hair
Personality: he is nice and brave, a very happy pokemon in his own right and won't hesitate 4o celebrate. . He is also very gooda detecting liars and lies
Fairy Tale: The third pig from the tree little pigs
Backstory: (a short retaling of your dark fairytale) , there isn't much to talk about, but, after the brothers took care of the big bad wolf, they celebrated, hen they saw how people captured ppkemon these days they didn't like it? ((I don't have much imagination )
Pokemon: Eeevee
Other:R E S P E C T

Name: Pearl Shuien
Appearance: Perl has blonde hair that is in a ponytail, her eyes are a sea blue, she is Caucasian. She wears a lose fitting teal tee with blue jean shorts. She wears blue flipflops. She wears a necklace that ends with a pearl
Personality: She is very caring and nieve.
Fairy Tale: The Little Mermaid
Backstory: She fell in love with a human, so she went to the surface after making a deal with a Sea Witch. This deal not only took her voice away but made it feel like the stepped upon 100 needles EVERY TIME SHE TOOK A STEP. He fell in love with another, so she was told to kill him to stay alive. She didn't and became a daughter of the air because she refused to kill him even though she was about to die. (no that really what happens in the actual story!)
Pokemon: Goreabyss, Lapras, Vaporeon, Whishiwashi (Putting him here for some lightheartedness), Primarina, Wingull(same reason as WhshiWashi)
Other: Respect your elders! She has a mortal soul instead of an immortal one that most humans have due to her being the reincarnation of the Little Mermaid. Also, I might kill her later and give her a new team for when she becomes a daughter of the air.

Accepted. I am thinking of making this a kind of time travel story. Where the characters go back and live out their past lives. If you like the idea let me know and I will see what I can come up with to send everyone back in time. I am thinking it could be a long awaited curse but I am not sure.

Sure! I'll get two more bios to you then. One for Mermaid form the other for Daughter of the Air (Hans Christan Andersen Fairy Tales are weird)
Note: The only things that will change for these two bios are appearance and team. I imagine that The Little Mermaid can't take water types flying across the world. And she is a mermaid for a good while.

Why do you think I gave her a Winggul? She never meets a Winggul in the original, although she didn't understand the sea life either. To pay homage to Disney! That will be the only pokemon that follows her. I'm thinking of giving her a Togeatic and other gentle birds.

I like it. I will be posting my character soon. I am doing Rapunzel. I think I am going to change mine up quite a bit. I am also thinking of doing a genderbend for this rp. Also just for fun I made little red riding hood. I am using that one in a different rp so he won't be in this one unless I get bored and want to have a little fun with him.

Eh, I mainly play female, so I don't really genderbend a lot due to me liking more girly things and I don't RP something I don't like. I do try new character choices though. I also almost never use the same character more than once, until Kathren came
Anyways I think this team will do for my character Daughter of the Air team
Winggul
Swablu
Togetic
Hoppip
Vivillon
The unevolved pokemon will evolve later. I will have Pearl meet a Togepi while she is on the surface, will befriend it but not catch it until she becomes a Daughter of the Air.

Cool. I think this rp will be a lot of fun. I am almost done with my character. Also you don't have to be a girl to like girly things. I sometimes play feminine men because that is how I am in real life. I find that it is fun to do something not so traditional with the characters I create.

That isn't what I said. I prefer to play female because I like girly things and I am one myself. That and when I play as male, I tend to make them edgy. I play female because I am comfortable with female.
I just relsed something! Most of Pearl's Mermaid/Human team can't go on land!

Also I Playful I was just saying that it is my preference to play as those type of characters and was just pointing out there is other ways to do a gender bend. Say you wanted to male character like Captain hook and make him a girl then it would be the samething as turning a girl into a guy. You just play the character as they were born the opposite gender as they were born.

Name: Cpt. James Hook.

Hometown: ?

Height: 6’0

Weight: 165 lbs.

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Black

Clothing: A white shirt, black pants, scarlet overcoat and cape. Also a hat with a white feather.

Identifying marks: his moustache, and his hook hand. A wild Feraligator bit it off.

Musculature: Decently strong. An excellent duelist, and a good swimmer.

Personality: Obsessed with defeating his rival, Peter. He is continually trying to track him down.

Skills: Swordfighter, boat pilot, decent battler. He excels in intimidation and Charisma.

Past: He was a cabin boy of a boat that carried trainers around the region, but then his ship was sunk by pirates. He was forced to join them, and rose through the ranks until he became captain.

Family: ???

Love relationships?: None

Pokémon:

Clawitzer (Mr. Smee) (Male)
Ability: Mega Launcher
Personality: James’s starter, he is used to his trainer’s blustering ways and will put up with them calmly. A quick thinker, he takes James’ orders and improves upon them.

Last edited:
@RenzFlintrock, You used the wrong character sheet but I did say that both would work as long as you stated the fairytale and gave a bit of the background for your character. Also the first part of the rp is a modern version. So it would need to be revised to bring it into the present time. Though that would work for the time when the character goes into the past. I am deffently leaning wards the time travel. Think of war type weapons and what your character would have worn back in the past. I would say 1600's or 1700's

Yeah sorry if it was my fault. I put up two character sheets I found that the mainstream pokemon one that was in the pinned discussion to be very helpful and decided to give everyone a chance to use it to make their character. I have been using it as a kind of template for my characters.

Name: Cpt. James Hook

Appearance: Tall, tanned, black hair, hook hand, red cape. If you need details, look back to previous sheet.

Personality: Charismatic when he wants to be, often blustery. He has a strong rivalry against Pepper.

Fairy Tale: Peter Pan

Backstory: The short version is:
He was a cabin boy. His ship was sunk by pirates. He joined the pirates and rose through the ranks until he became captain.

Pokemon:

Clawitzer (Mr. Smee)

Other: Derp. The tick tick croc is coming for you...

Last edited:
Also, every single time they see a good child, one year is taken off and they smile for the good child. Every time they see a bad child, one year is added and they cry for the bad child... What a life! And my character's feet will bleed due to the invisible knives that poke when she walks.

I am attempting to combine what I remember from the original book and the Disney movie. I think I also read a book about Hook’s backstory, and that is where I got this one from.

Ok,
I just realized that most of us will be alone! How will we fix this? Like do we make a character in each of the other fairy tales? Like I would make a random character in Peter Pan and Rapunzel?

Just a question? One of my characters has a shiny Umbreon and the other a Jolteon just let me know what Fairytales would fit between the two I was thinking Aladdin or Mulan since they are two of my favorite fairytales. I am interested ^-^