1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon Emerald Questions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by latiaseonlatiostytos, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I"ve herd about shiny pokemon. But never actually have seen one. Can anyone give me some tips?

2. It's Random. a 1/1800 something chance.

That is all.

3. I have three of them.

It's very hard to get them. I got them in my Diamond game, but not for the Emerald game. It's about skill, etc. Don't really know how to explain it.

My friend bought Pearl and when Riley gave him the Riolu egg, my friend got a shiny Riolu. First run through of the game. If I don't think that's random, then I don't know.

4. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

We have some wonderful Sticky Topics in these forums:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=3944.0

or

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=5734.0

Both explain how to chain for shiny Pokemon, aka increase your chances of finding one. Otherwise it's just down to luck. Lots of luck.

5. The problem is that chaining only exists in 4th Generation. As far as Emerald goes, it is entirely up to chance.
    [quote author=Bulbapedia]
    This results in a probability of 8 in 65536; simplified as 1/8192 (2-13, or approximately 0.012207%)
    [/quote]
    The calculation is based off of your trainer ID in relation to the personality value of the Pokemon you are encountering.

6. Magpie

Staff Member Moderator

Indeed ^^;

Completely forgot that chaining was only Fourth Generation. In that case, it really is just down to luck. I'm on my third play through Emerald, and I've never seen a Shiny in it, or any other game (Wild).

7. the only wild shiny pokemon i can think of that appeared before firered/leafgreen was the red gyarados in silver/gold/crystal version

8. Magpie

Staff Member Moderator

As Latiaseon's question has been answered, I'm locking this to avoid the inevitable.

Latiaseon, since the title is 'Emerald Questions', feel free to use this thread to ask other Emerald related questions. Just send me a PM and I'll unlock it again for you ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.