• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Emerald Nuzlocke Help

Do you like Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I hate them and don't know why I'm here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes more than life itself

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
I'm currently doing an Emerald Nuzlocke run, and I having some problems. I haven't ever played the whole story of any Hoenn game, so I'm going partially blind. Anyways Gluck and some training mishaps my team has whittled down to about for Pokemon excluding a few in the PC. I have an egg too but I'm pretty sure that's a Wynaut egg so it's not as much help as I would prefer. I need help right now, because I'm preparing for Flannery's gym and I can't use two of my party members due to them being grass types. Any suggestions for my next move. I've searched most other areas to get my first catch, and gave gotten bad luck in those areas, getting Lotads and Zubats, where there is Swablu, and Solrocks.

Sarge
Grovyle
Male
Level 29
Overgrow
Hardy Nature
Miracle Seed

Pursuit
Leaf Blade
Leer
Quick Attack

Stoner Joe
Breloom
Male
Level 27
Effect Spore
Serious Nature
Silk Scarf

Headbutt
Cut
Mach Punch
Mega Drain

Love Blob
Swalot
Female
Level 26
Sticky Hold

Sludge
Yawn
Body Slam
Rock Smash

Maggy
Numel
Female
Level 27
Oblivious

Tackle
Growl
Ember
Magnitude
Level 13 Female Oddish
Level 15 Female Lotad
Level 15 Female Torkoal
Level 16 Female Spinda
Level 16 Female Zubat

That Numel is probably your best bet. Grind it up a bit until either it evolves at level 33, or hold off evolution and get Earthquake at level 35. Given that it's female/has oblivious, the Pokemon with attract on Flannery's team won't be too big of an issue. The only threat she has that can hit your Numel is her own (as the Camerupt has no ground moves). I'd suggest either searching for any higher level water types in any areas you might not have entered, or grind up that Lotad a bit. Or you could just go without it - it's fairly low leveled so if your Numel is powerful enough it probably won't even be an issue.

Lotad's a Water type and would therefore take neutral damage in Flannery's gym. It evolves at 14 and then with a Water Stone. Lombre/Ludicolo will do wonders against Flannery. And yes, Camerupt would as well.

So, for an update, I grinded until I had a Camerupt with Earthquake. Swept the gym. Trained up my Breloom. Swept the next gym. And now I have Winona and her Altaria. I caught all the Pokemon I could in the surrounding area. However I only got one electric type and it died in training. My team is now, Sceptile, Camerupt, Breloom, Peliper, and Swalot, with Swalot having Shockwave. How do I get my next badge? I see a lot of potential problems.

Camerupt at it's lowest possible level is already level tied with Altaria. If you're that worried, a level 40 Camerupt will have literally no problem with it at all. It shouldn't be able to OHKO with EQ even after a Dragon Dance, and it should not take more than 2 Rock Slides to kill it.