• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Earth: US Edition | Signups/Discussion

Should Pokemon sheets go into a Google Doc so your Pokemon and team can be constantly changing?

• Yay

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Background Knowledge
To begin with, this RP is Pokemon in real life and specifically in the United States. This "Background Knowledge" is just some important things that have happened that shape how this world works, such a Pokemon regulation, laws relating to Pokemon, how gyms and the Pokemon leagues work, etc.

. Pokemon are the animals of this RP, there are no regular animals (Cows, sheep, bluejays, etc.)
. Pokemon are also still the sources of what those regular animals would provide (Miltank provides dairy products and meat, Spoink provides pork, etc.)
. Psychic powers, connections between trainers and Pokemon, aura and all of these other supernatural powers do exist
. All modern inventions exist
. Pokemon can die from old age or from something that deals lethal damage
. After much debate, the Pokemon Regulation Act (PRA) of 1975 was put into place to better protect Pokemon
. The PRA makes Pokemon Battling illegal unless done in a Gym or League, there are exceptions that are often made, they usually require that the trainers have some personnel from the local Pokemon Center to oversee the battle
. The PRA turns Pokemon Battling into a sport with Leagues and Gyms controlled by the government
. Gym Badges are a measure of how good a person is at Pokemon Battling, they also allow for certain items to be bought from stores
. Pokemon Trainers are required to have a Trainer license and every Pokemon they catch must be registered at a Pokemon Center within 12 hours of catching the Pokemon, exceptions can be made

I think that's everything there, I know that it's a lot but I wanted to make sure that the regulations for Pokemon and rules of this world made it as believable as it possibly can be. Of course there are probably a lot of other things I could add and if you think of one feel free to tell me here.

Rules
1. Be respectful to everybody
2. Follow Pokecharms rules on PRP
3. Fakemon for starters are allowed, just ask me first and follow Pokecharms rules on it
4. 1 shiny per team, make sure you use this wisely
5. If you stop responding without an explanation and your character is holding up the RP do note that I will take action to continue the RP
6. If you've read all if not most of the things from this point up than put Porygon-Z somewhere in your Trainer Sheet

Trainer Sheet
Name:
Age: (16 is the minimum age to get a license, but if you can give me a good reason you can be younger)
Home State:
Appearance:
Future/Current Job: (Nurse in Training, Police in Training, Scientist, Trainer...)
Personality:
Bio:
Relationships: (Family, friendships...)
Pokemon: (One of the starters, if you'd like another Pokemon ask me)
Other:

Pokemon Sheet
Name:
Species:
Appearance:
Other:
(Current) Moves:

Gym Leader Sheet/Elite Four/Champion Sheet
Name:
Appearance
Gym Type & Location: (Elite Four and Champion leave this blank)
Personality:
Bio: (Optional)
Relationships:
Pokemon:
Other:

Gym Leaders

Elite Four + Champion
1. Skylar Valdez (@WolfFire369)
Champion:​

If you have questions make sure to ask me here.

Last edited:
Name: Eliza
Home State: Ohio
Appearance: Long black hair and steely grey eyes. She is rather pale and short, appearing around fourteen.
Future/Current Job: She is looking to become a scientist/trainer. Studying Pokemon but still competing and training. She thinks it's dumb to become a researcher and hire trainers to do field work.
Personality: Confident and sometimes cocky. She's always energetic and smiling. Even if she bares a harsh past she never misses the chance to help others.
Bio: bio? Like history?
Growing up in a poorer house with an abusive father she learned the hard way life wasn't fair. Disregarding this she worked hard, studied hard, and trained hard, trying to get to where she is now through effort and determination.
Relationships: She doesn't speak about them.
Pokemon: A charmander
Other: Not that I can think of?

Name: Skylar Valdez
Appearance: Black haired with blue eyes. He has sun kissed skin and a ruggedly good looking face.
Gym Type & Location:
Personality: Calm and kind, he's usually understanding and enjoys helping others. There are times he can be flirty but he NEVER expects flirtations back, and is actually rather shy about it.
Bio: Starting out young, and from a family that had high expectations in him. He had no other choice than to shoot for the top.
Relationships: He has a younger sister. And his parents are rather notoriously wealthy.
Pokemon: Mantine/ Greninja/ Dewgong/ Goldduck/ Feraligatr/ Milotic
Other: I had to check twice on how to spell Porygon-Z... Kept spelling Polygon...

Name: Suna (Soon-ah)
Species: Absol
Appearance: a typical Absol, however her horn has damage on it in the form of claw marks, and she's missing her right eye.
Other: She mistrusts humans with a passion...
(Current) Moves: Future Sight, Quick Attack, Bite, Slash

Name: Ivan Miller
Home State: South Carolina
Appearance: Short black hair and black eyes, He is pretty tall. He has an average build.
Future/Current Job: Wants to become a software engineer but still be able to be good at pokemon battles.
Personality: Tries to be friendly to most people but doesn't like working in groups, He is a pushover most of the time.
Bio: He was born into a middle-class family, He always tried to work hard by pushing himself to the limit, He refused to give up and often burned himself out, He also took a lot of AP classes and that sparked his innovation to start coding, He wanted to push his courage and grit to the highest level and decided to become a pokemon trainer.
Relationships: Steven Miller (Younger Brother)
Nate Miller (Older Brother,)
Winston Miller (Father)
Oliva Miller (Mother)

Pokemon: Snivy
Other: N/A
Porygon-Z

Name: (Like Nickname?) N/A
Species: Snivy
Appearance: Average Snivy in height and weight.
Other:
Moves: Tackle, Vine Whip, Growth, Wrap.

Last edited:
Ah, it said leave blank for elite four or champion so I was shooting for that XD
If it's a no go and has to be a gym leader than Water, and Las Angeles California.
Thank you for accepting the others ^^

Character Bio:
Name: Lucas Friller
Home State: Pennsylvania
Appearance: My Profile Picture
Future/Current Job: Trainer
Personality: He does not show himself much, but does not care if people know him. He never thought about people who would care about him, it is a myth to him.
Bio: When he was a child nobody ever liked him, but when he found a Trapinch when he became a trainer, he realized it was hurt and needed help. This made him think in a new way, that humans were more dangerous than Pokemon. The Nurse told him that it was attacked by a human and could tell by the boot mark. Trapinch and him traveled the world. One day, he found out his family was lost in a storm down south in Florida, they were not confirmed dead, but assumed to be dead.
Relationships: None
Pokemon: Trapinch
Other: I've got a Porygon2, I've got a Dubious Disk, uhhh... Porygon-Z?

Pokemon Sheet
Name: Trapinch
Species: Trapinch
Appearance: Normal
Other: Does not trust humans other than Lucas, which leads to a greater bond.
(Current) Moves: Earthquake, Sand Attack, Bite, Rock Slide.

Last edited:

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Ah, it said leave blank for elite four or champion so I was shooting for that XD
If it's a no go and has to be a gym leader than Water, and Las Angeles California.
Thank you for accepting the others ^^
Oh yeah, sorry about that, I had forgotten that I said that. Skylar is now accepted as an elite four member.

@DManArt&RP Flygon is too powerful to start with but Trapinch would be allowed.

Well, I have permission from a certain someone to use a fan made Pokémon of mine for the RP, and also for having my trainer with the license at an age younger than the minimum.

As a bit of a note, the Pokémon bio will be much larger than usual since I am sure that a Signita cannot be summarized in just five lines. (Along with spoilers below to save space.)

Also, the reason why my character had to get their license at an age younger than the requirement was because she was forced to care for the Pokémon after a disaster with Team Regressive. Had she not gotten the license, the Pokémon would be left helpless with the elements, as it would have likely been six feet under and forgotten by all. (Note: Team Regressive is criminal organization in Etepeal who aims for weakening Pokémon through the use of age regression and devolving Pokémon to make performing crimes much easier in the long run.)

As a bit of another note, my character's Pokémon was affected by one of Team Regressive's experiments, which will be briefly revealed through the character's bio.
The starter sounds great so go ahead and use it. The reason for the character having a license is fine as well.
Name: Her name is Serah Avalon.
Age: She is 14 Years old, as her birthday is some months to come.
Home State: She resides in the state of California.
Appearance: Serah stands at a somewhat short height of 4'11", as she has a skinny build, light muscle mass and fair skin tone. She has long, blond hair that is curled in a ponytail. Her eyes are sky blue, as the surrounding area near her pupil is a bit grayish. She wears a pale white camp shirt and a pale blue, short-sleeved skort. The camp shirt has a picture of a lightly pink heart that has some vague pictures of a familiar Pokémon and human about to hold hands. She has on black, knee boots with socks that are as white as cloud nine and wears a dark brown satchel around her left shoulder that holds her items she carries around; such as everyday supplies and Tyler's Poké Browser since he cannot use it anymore for various reasons.
Future/Current Job: She is currently a doctor in training, as she is learning from Tyler's knowledge, or at least from what he remembers.
Personality: Serah has a gentle outlook towards others, as she is rather compassionate towards the young. Her optimistic nature leads her to persuade others to get them to see other stories instead of looking at everything in black and white. She can be rather overprotective of her Pokémon since she often spoils them with a flood of love and indulgence.
Bio: Serah was born into a modest, well-off life in Camtonia. After she graduated from a Pokémon School at the age of ten, she decided to work with Aunt Lani. About a couple of months later, she was invited to Remedal Hospital in Etepeal by Tyler Frost as a result of her outstanding efforts in the Pokémon School. Over the course of some weeks, she learned from Tyler about the field of medicine until one day... he was discovered missing! She got into a state of panic, knowing that she did not have a single Pokémon for four years to come; in spite of her being able to get herself a Pokémon from the laboratory if she asked nicely enough. She endlessly questioned others and searched relentlessly for Tyler until one day, he was discovered within the ruins of Remedal Hospital years later in a completely different form. The baby Pokémon was seen weeping at his broken plaque and sitting on some rubble with his lab coat far too big and complex for him to now wear. She saw his ID card held in his shaky hands that was often used to gain access to staff rooms. She decided to have him as her first Pokémon after realizing that he would need more than just a simple act of assistance if he was going to have the best, normal life he could. She made sure that his belongings were secure in her bag and had to unfortunately take ownership of anything he could no longer use at all. She decided to follow Tyler's steps to becoming the doctor that he was. She hopes that he can live a new, happy and normal life as a baby Pokémon.
Relationships:
  • Bardo Avalon (Father, Deceased)
  • Emily Avalon (Mother)
  • Lani Avalon (Aunt)
  • Mindy Avalon (Sister, Faternal Twin)
  • Tyler Frost (Friend, Note: This character is now a Pokémon.)
Pokémon: She has a Signita. (See below for more information.)
Other: She does not know who or what is a Porygon-Z.
Name: His name is Tyler Frost.
Species: Signita / Cross Seal Pokémon
Type: [type]Water[/type] [type]Ice[/type]
Native Region: His native region is Etepeal.
Age: His real age is currently unknown, though his physical appearance and behavior does make him appear rather young.
Height: 1'10" / 0.56 m
Weight: 17.9 lbs / 8.12 kg
Special Features: He has some white, elastic bandages snugly wrapped around the top of his head with Serah's help since he has some bruises from prior fights against harassing trainers and Team Regressive.
Hidden Power: Fighting
Ability: Torrent (Increases the potency of all Water-type moves when the Pokémon is in trouble.)
Appearance: Signita is a pinniped, slightly canine-like Pokémon that is primarily pale blue. His head is slightly big in proportion to his body, as he has light blue eyes and a small snout with a tiny nose capable of tracking various scents from a good distance. Two small teeth can be seen when he opens his mouth, as they are in the upper row of his mouth on opposite sides. His arms each have three fingers that lack any claws due to his seemingly young age. His underside and tail is that of a dark cadet gray, as his flipper-like tail has a black striped pattern around it.
Clothing: Tyler wears a specially made lab coat made by Serah's mother that is tailored for his body and needs. There are some pockets on the inside and outside areas that hold some medicinal items as well as his foldable clipboard and his special black, thick pen made for his small hands; which have a multitude of functions.
Personality: Tyler is described from his trainer to be an outcast when faced with social encounters, as he rarely speaks due to his voice that others describe as silly and babyish. He tends to hide behind his friends, trainer or any object in sight when forced to answer a question deemed too personal. His fish out of water nature makes it significantly harder to hang around other Pokémon, since he is not as understandable as a typical Pokémon would be under normal circumstances. Although he retains some of his former traits, his emotional side often gets the better of him when it comes to bottling up his rage and tears from significant emotional stress and/or trauma. Due to his memory loss however, he does have some trouble doing some basic and understandably advanced tasks for his infantile body.
Primary Moves: Pound Rush, Examination, Water Snipe, Icicle Shooter
Other: His favorite treats are wafers coated with a liberal amount of peanut butter.
Poké Browser Entry: "Signita is the water starter Pokémon for Etepeal. Typically, they are given to beginning trainers, as they can rarely be seen in the wild in colder areas napping on some patches of snow near the frosty seas."
Moves Information:
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Category: Physical
Condition: Tough
Power: 10 x 5
Accuracy: 100%, but can be evaded more easily
Power Points: 25
Target: Single Enemy
Range: Close Quarters Combat
Description: An elementary move that most species of Pokémon learn from the start or early on. The user strikes the target with a series of quick strikes, as critical hits happen more often if the attack completely connects.
Effects: The chance of critical hits increases when all strikes hit the target.
Type: [type]Normal[/type]
Category: Status
Condition: Clever
Power: N/A
Accuracy: Sure Shot
Power Points: 35
Range: 10 Meters
Description: The user briefly analyzes the target and assesses their outlook, behavior and other newly known facts to gain an insight on the target.
Effects: Reveals partial information about the target this move is used on. This move can be used multiple times on the same target to gain more detailed information.
Type: [type]Water[/type]
Category: Special
Condition: Cool
Power: 70
Accuracy: 85%
Power Points: 15
Range: 25 Meters
Description: The user takes in a deep breath of concentration and launches a dense shot of highly pressurized water at the target. The move becomes stronger if the target is hit at their pressure point.
Effects: The move's power is doubled if the target is hit in their weak spot.
Type: [type]Ice[/type]
Category: Special
Condition: Beautiful
Power: 15 x 6
Accuracy: 80%
Power Points: 20
Range: 12.5 Meters
Description: The user assaults the target with a barrage of frosty icicles, which may inflict the Expose status on the target.
Effects: May inflict Expose on the target, halving their resistance to Ice-type attacks.

Name: Daniel
Home State: Texas
Appearance: Wears a ninja suit to look cool... that's it...
Future/Current Job: None
Personality: Shy, Scared to socialize
Bio: Has a History in Sinnoh
Pokemon: Charizard (If that's allowed)
Other: Likes his Pokémon.

Name: Charcoal
Species: Charizard (Or Charmander)
Appearance: Wears a Green Hat
Other: Likes to socialize, causing a few awkward moments with Daniel And Charcoal
(Current) Moves: Flamethrower, Fly, Solar Beam and Sunny Day

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
*an Aneaino sits on a podium and shoots a truth bullet on an agree spot to consent with the statement that @StandardRunner recently made*

That person over there has a point. Usually, my trainer sees the creator of a thread also having their characters to go along with the story.

They do have a point but it's just a habit of mine that I've brought over here. On other websites some GMs at times don't ever make a character so it's easier to slip into an NPC at a moments notice.

But, because I'll have to do it eventually, here's the sheets.
Name: Alex Lathos
Home State: Maine
Appearance: Messy purple hair and eyes. He's of an average build, standing 5'10" and wears a white t-shirt and jeans.
Future/Current Job: Hope's to become a police officer, private investigator or something similar.
Personality: Due to experience with abused Pokemon he's an extreme advocate of Pokemon rights, the PRA is too weak yet too restrictive
and does little to actually protect Pokemon that are harmed out of battle. This outlook has made him form his own idea of what justice is
and how it should be interpreted. These experiences turn him into a rather serious person that takes great offense in those who break the law, especially those relating to how Pokemon must be treated.
Bio: Alex's family in Maine has always been of little importance to him, he spent much more of his time with Pokemon and forming family like relationships with the ones back home. He left his home in the hopes of learning the art of Pokemon battling so one day he can become a well trained police officer that helps all people and Pokemon alike.
Relationships: Eric Lathos (Father)
Pokemon: Oshawatt
Other: Porygon-Z, because I can't even trust myself.

Name: Oshawatt
Species: Oshawatt
Appearance: Normal Oshawatt
(Current) Moves: Tackle, Water Gun, Fury Cutter, Water Sport

Name: Eric Lathos
Appearance: Eric has neat black hair that has begun to grey, with a white lab coat and formal clothing any other time.
Gym Type & Location: Ice; Maine
Personality: Eric is a cold person, he looks for only the most powerful trainers and can at times refuse to help those he deems unworthy. Every once in awhile he even asks for some kind of donation for his research. Despite this the PRA Committee has decided to keep him as a Gym Leader for the potential in his experiments.
Bio: Eric grew up in Alaska with a family that mainly survived off of nature. Eric never really liked this style of living and instead was interested in life in the mainland US, so he began studying to become a professor. Upon receiving a grant to study cryogenics in relation to ice Pokemon he moved to Maine and started a family. His research was recognized as promising by the PRA Committee and so he was a given a Gym where his research could continue while also allowing him to inspire future Pokemon enthusiasts.
Relationships: Alex Lathos (Son)
Pokemon: Castform, Vanillish, Frost Rotom, Glaceon

OOOH! New here, essentially. May I give this a try?

And may I have an Absol as a pokemon? I intend for an Absol to be my only pokemon (at the beginning) in case you are wondering. I can also provide the moveset, and other details, etc....

Name: Ripley Colossus
Home State: South Carolina; note that he doesn’t currently live in South Carolina.
Appearance: Ripley has long shaggy brown hair, but not long enough to cover his dark brown eyes. He has long legs and is a fast runner, but he is better at long distance. He prefers to wear dark clothing since he wants to hide in the night when he is participating in illegal Pokémon battling.
Future/Current Job: Ripley is a trainer, but he currently makes most of his money off of illegal Pokémon gambling rings. He has no badges and doesn’t want them. He is pretty rich off of a few lucky critical hits in battle, and he owns a small apartment in Raleigh. Later in the RP, he will become interested in badges and go on a journey to get them. By the end, he could even be a dark type gym leader.
Personality: While Ripley doesn’t like to waste words talking, he is very intelligent. He doesn’t open up easily to others, but once he views them as his friends, he is very open.
Bio: Ripley has had an easy life, even going to college early at the age of 16. He decided to drop out though, when he got interested in Pokémon. He has not spoken with his family for a while, and he is currently living in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Pokemon: Litten
Other: Porygon-Z is one of my favorite Pokémon.

Name: Daniel
Home State: Texas
Appearance: Wears a ninja suit to look cool... that's it...
Future/Current Job: None
Personality: Shy, Scared to socialize
Bio: Has a History in Sinnoh
Pokemon: Charizard (If that's allowed)
Other: Likes his Pokémon.

Name: Charcoal
Species: Charizard (Or Charmander)
Appearance: Wears a Green Hat
Other: Likes to socialize, causing a few awkward moments with Daniel And Charcoal
(Current) Moves: Flamethrower, Fly, Solar Beam and Sunny Day

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
I want to be a gym leader but i want to know a little more about.

Like how many pokemons the gym leader can have? (Also what kind of pokemon, i mean i know i cant fight with legendaries or shinies) or what is the area that the gym can be? (I dont understand if its around the world or not).