• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon: Earth and Sky

Kya was absolutely ecstatic. Since the time she was eight years old, she’d dreamed of coming to the Varia region. While she loved her home in Laverre City, Varia held so much more excitement! Most of the region was still uncharted. It’s Pokemon were wild and fierce. And from what she’d heard, the gyms in Varia were pretty tough.
Kya’s parents supported her completely, even if they had been a hesitant at first. After all, she was supposed to carry on the great legacy of world famous Kalos team, Angela and Jared Harkin. Well, Kya was confident she could do that in Varia, without her parents, uh…”coaching”. Kya had made the decision to come to the new region when she was ten, now, four years later, her dream is finally coming true.
After a mad, panicked scramble to get her things together, a tearful goodbye with her parents, and half a day of traveling by boat, Varia was in sight. The island looked just like it did in all the videos and pictures, but maybe a thousand time better. The wind tugged at Kya’s dark hair. The saltwater plastered flyaways to her face, but her eyes were locked on the fast approaching shore. As soon as the boat docked, Kya vaulted off the ship, brushing past people and Pokemon, and charged into Krona City. The entire place was crawling with nature. Trees and flower bushes grew along the cobblestone streets. All of the shops looked like they had come out of a history book, though none of them could be over 30 years old. Every person had at least one Pokemon with them. Kya had read that people in this region almost never kept their Pokemon in balls. It was safer that way, apparently.
But, Kya barely noticed any of this. Her mind was set on one place: Professor Sequoia’s lab. She turned down several streets, ignoring the colorful clothing shops and a bakery, and skidded to a stop in front of the lab. Kya took a deep breath. Her journey was really about to begin.

Last edited by a moderator:
(I think this was supposed to be an ask to join post, and I'm fairly certain that YuiNanami will change it soon. But, if you want to join, I think this is where you can ask and create a trainer. That thread also has some backstory to the region of Varia - It says who the professor is, and the different types of starters a trainer can get as well as the different routes and towns. You can also see the already existing characters and how to get one.)

Unlike Kya, Jacks journey had already begun. Just getting to the Varia region was quite a challenge. Although he's quite a lot older than many of the other trainers abord the ship, he was still there for the same reason - to explore new lands, ruins, towns and cities.

As he stepped off the boat, excitement built inside him. Frost, his snover, stood at his feet; following him along. As his feet landed on the ground, he began to get pushed along by the crowd. Instead of straying off or leaving to find one of Krona city's many shops, Jack simply stayed with the crowd and eventually met the Professor's lab. To him, it was pretty obvious where he was, but one thing that struck him was the name of the professor. He still didn't know much about the region, and was pretty embarrassed about that. So, Jack turned to the nearest person and spoke.

Fortunately, the child he say was none other than Kya. "Hey" He said while looming over the younger and shorter girl "So, I'm a little embarrassed to say this but..um...what's the professors name? I don't really know much about this region, other than the fact that it's packed full of mega stones." While, it's true, Jack wouldn't usually talk to a stranger, he was curious, and his curiosity made him friendly.

Kya looked up at the blue-haired guy beside her. He looked older than her by a few years, but she didn’t think much of it. “Of course. Her name is Professor Sequoia.” she said with a friendly smile. Kya noticed his Snover for the first time and said, “Wow! You already have a Pokemon? That’s awesome!”

Aurora looked around uneasily as Shasta hid in his special satchel. Aurora reached down and stroked the Eevee's ear gently, earning a purr. She saw two people, a boy and a girl. She slowly approached them and tapped the girl on the shoulder lightly. Shasta cowered down in the satchel as he saw the two new people.

As Kya Spoke to Jack, he simply smiled back at her and then made a note of the professor's name in his head. 'Professor Sequoia, Professor Sequoia, Professor Sequoia' he repeatedly thought. While thinking, he began to realise that the girl stood in-front of him was still speaking, except this time about his companion, Frost. "Yeah," He replied "Frost here is a bit of a handful, but I couldn't live without him. I got him from Snowpoint city - my one and only home town! We had to travel quite far to even get here." As he finished speaking, he saw the new girl come up to them and then turned to face her instead of Kya. "Hey, what's the problem? are you lost?" He asked, assuming that it was the polite thing to do.

Aurora smiled at the boy and shook her head "No, I just arrived here and we'll I'm looking for some friends" Aurora said rather quietly. "I'm Aurora, I was named that because of my eye colour" She said as Shasta poked his head out of the satchel. "Oh and this is Shasta, my Eevee" She said as she rubbed the Eevee's head gently. "Vee!" He said before sinking back into the satchel.

Jack quickly ran through his head what Aurora had said, and began to think of how to reply. 'Hmm, I could travel along with her - she seems to be polite. But, on the other hand, she could stope me from pursuing my goal.' Jack thought, before a good idea struck him. "Hey, Aurora, I'll be willing to tag along with you on an adventure, but only if you can show me Vee's strength. Me and Frost don't have much experience with battling, but it'll be fun. Maybe the Professor ill step out of her lab too watch."

"Ok, just so you know, he might run away at a point, Shasta is really skittish" Aurora said before she gently pulled out Shasta from his satchel. "V-Vee!" He whimpered as he clung onto Aurora's fluffy top. Aurora walked a few steps back and set Shasta down before mumbling a few things in his ear. Aurora stood up and Shasta turned around shakily.

Kya stepped back to watch the battle, her excitement building. Her first battle in Varia! How cool! Both Aurora and the guy, whose name she hadn't caught yet, looked like capable trainers. ‘Maybe I can travel with them.’ Kya thought. ‘It would definitely be safer that way.’ Just as the battle was about to commence, the doors to the lab slid opened. A tall woman stepped out. She had olive skin and a great mass of black hair braided down her back. Her eyes were a startling silver that matched the silver necklace around her throat. She wore a white lab coat over a bright red tank-top and jeans. The woman smiled at Kya. “Well, hello there.” She extended her hand. “I'm Professor Sequoia. And you are?”
“I'm Kya Harkin.” Kya replied, shaking the professor’s hand. “It's an honor to meet you, Professor.”
Professor Sequoia grinned widely. “And you as well.” She looked over at the two trainers who were poised for battle. The professor winked and placed a finger to her lips. “We best be quiet and watch.”

"It should be ok, Frost has a Gentle nature, but that won't stop us from winning. Ready, Frost?" Jack turned to face his Pokemon, and it made a nose back at him. "Ver, Sno - Snover!!" "Good." Jack said, excitement building from deep inside of him. Just as the battle was about to commence, Professor Sequoia steeped out of her lab and began to watch the battle. In all of the excitement, Jack didn't even notice the professor an instead began the battle. "Ok, since you're a rookie at this type of thing, You can go first."

Aurora laughed "I'm no Rookie" She said and she looked at Shasta before nodding. Shasta got the message and used Swift followed by Shadow Ball, creating Shadow Swift. At least nobody could dodge swift, it's impossible. Aurora sighed in relief as Shasta shot the right moves together. "All that training paid off hey?" Aurora said and Shasta nodded wimpishly.

As Vee shot her attacks, Frost simply stared at them as they laded. The Shadow ball and Swift both landed, knocking Snover back quite a lot. He was pushed back to Jack's feet, but was able to eventually regain his balance. "Frost, you ok?" Jack asked, and the saver nodded back. "Ok then, If she wants to use combo moves then we shall too. Frost, use mist to hide yourself and then hit Vee with an ice shard!". Frost squeaked at Jack, gave him a glare and then used his moves. Just like swift, ice shard can't miss.

(Shadow swift knocked Frost's health which is usually 57 down to 48. This is just a log so that you can see Frost's HP :p)

(Ok thanks! Also Vee's name is Shasta and it's a boy lol:))

"V-Vee!" Shasta exclaimed as the Ice Shards flew towards him. "Shasta, Protect!" Aurora exclaimed, a worried expression filled her face. Shasta used Protect, the Ice Shards hit the blue bubble and it popped when the last Shard hit it. "Ok Shasta, your doing good! Now, Shadow ball and launch it with iron tail!" Aurora told her Eevee. Shasta made three Shadow balls and then used iron tail and hit the three balls. The balls turned Silver so it's now, SilverShadow Ball, and it now flew at high speed, clearing the mist.

(So sorry! I didn't realise!)

Yet again, the high speed, silver shadow ball is knocked straight at Frost. It lands, and knocks him back further than the last attack. His muscles are now becoming tired from the intensive combo moves. Still, he battled on.

Both Jack and Frost were suprised at Shasta's speed and protect. It's something Jack notes down, remembering the protect. "Ok, Frost, come here really quick!" Jack sai, while the slightly damaged Snover moved towards him. Next, Jack began to whisper instructions to his Pokémon. "Ok, They're tough. We can beat them, though. I'm sure of it. Instead of directly attacking them, use powder snow on the ground. That should make it slippery and hard for them to move on. Then, hit them with a razor leaf. That should hurt." After ending their talk, Jack gave a nod to Frost and he did as instructed. Powdery snow was launche far into the air, causing it to fall to the ground and onto multiple trainers. Everything became slippery and cold. For Frost's opponent, it probably wasn't the best thing. Frost, however, could still stand, walk or even run in the snow. Then, while still standing in the same spot, Frost launched multiple, razor sharp leaves towards his target.

(48hp down to 36hp)

(Kay!)

"alright Shasta, its just like last winter on the ice!" Aurora shouted and Shasta gulped before extending his claws. He slid down onto his belly and the razor leaf cut his tail in half. Shasta yelped and stood up. "alright, Shadow Swift!" she called out and Shatsa combined the moves together and yet again, it flew towards Frost.

(19 of 29)8)

Jake was walking by his riolu scar in toe
"Hey scar wanna watch?" Said the boy as he slumped to the ground near the battle
'Riioluu' (sure i guess) replied the Pokemon using its basic telepathy to translate
"Maybe later we can battle the winner notch up another win in Varia?"
'Riolu' (sounds good to me)

Kya watched the battle with nervous excitement. It was all so incredible! Kya admired the way Aurora and Shasta used the combo moves. And the way Frost took the hits was marvelous! Kya couldn't wait to get her first Pokemon!

Ariel walked next a younger and shorter girl watching the battle, getting exited. Wanting to say hello, she quietly walked over next to her and watched the battle next to her. "The thrill of battle, it's addicting when you get into it," Ariel said watching the battle, wishing she could be apart of that once more.

Now realising that they'd gathered quite a crowd, both Jack and Frost began to get cocky. With the excitement of battle, they'd not seen Shatash's move, and it did even more damage than usual. Sensing that Frost was almost at the end of his battle, he instructed Frost to "Use Ingrain!" To regain some small amounts of HP. Frost rooted himself in place, and began to regain little HP. Now, while rooted in place, Jack nodded to Frost and he once again used razor leaf. "Good, Frost, now stay in place and keep regain health via Ingrain!"

(36 HP to 22 but with Ingrain he healed up to 25.)

Kya grinned at the new comer. “I can see that.” She pumped her fist in the air. “This is so amazing! Whoo!! Come on, guys!” Kya didn't know which trainer to cheer for, but she didn't really care. She glanced around at the gathering crowd. Kya looked back to the girl. “It's pretty amazing how Pokemon can bring people together, huh?”

Ariel smiled, "yes it is," she said, wound up in the moment. Suddenly, put back to her situation, "I'm sorry, I don't think I've introduced myself yet. My name is Arial, the one who will soon to be the final and strongest gym leader. What's your name?" Ariel inquired.

"Anyway, what brings you here?" Ariel asked as she looked at Kya, "New trainer? Relatives?" She added. thinking of the times when she started a few years ago. She was young, departing from her parents after meeting her partner and going on an adventure with that ralts, thinking of all places she saw.

Que Railner was watching a battle. He had entered halfway through the frigid enterprise between a Snorunt and Eevee and, having been particularly fatigued by the boat-ride here, he sat on the ground beside the battlefield and watched, pondering on his rather unfortunate discovery of an accursed being people had been calling seasickness. Though his pale, round cheeks were no longer green, and his head no longer swimming, and his stomach no longer rampaging like a herd of rabid Taurous, Que's surly demeanor remained.

Well, as surly as it could get for a fourteen year old, childish boy who was beginning to set out on the biggest adventure of his life. Now there was a thing. Though he didn't often believe what he was told, he was certain adventures were supposed to be grand, miraculous creatures that existed to entertain every fiber of his being, or at least every fiber that was willing to listen to the half-hearted drones of the world outside his own, much more miraculous imagination. Alright, to be honest, he didn't really get the idea of an adventure, but somewhere in his vast storage bank, as the child liked to call the brain, he was downright certain it shouldn't start off feeling like someone had thrown him into a taffy maker with an angry Sharpedo and forgotten him there.

The Snorunt, who had begun to look surprisingly inferior to the fast movements of the Eevee, had just used ingrain, and drawn him from his spider web of thoughts. Que cast his gaze over the battle to judge how it was fairing, then dismissed it to some subconscious corner of his mind as something not quite worth pondering on. Instead, Que pulled his knees closer into his body, wrapped his arms around them, and searched for a different topic. A fleeting glance towards the people around him, and Que's train of thought, boggy at best and working as sort of a distraction from the acute awareness that his feet didn't feel quite right on the ground, which made absolutely no sense, considering he had almost never left the ground for the sea before now, derailed. He sighed, and let the frigid battle take over his thoughts.

Kya smiled widely. “I’m a new trainer.” she said with conviction. “I’m from Kalos, but I’ve dreamed of coming to Varia since I was little girl.” Kya’s memory drifted back to her tenth birthday, when her parents had tried to take her to Professor Sycamore’s lab. She laughed to herself at the thought of their shocked faces when she’d refused. Kya shrugged at Ariel. “Yep, definitely a new trainer. And an aspiring adventurer.”

A Pancham, just at that moment, came sprinting through the middle of the battle. Seconds later, a tall boy with a shock of brown hair came in its wake. A black and blue snapback fell off of his crown and landed between the Evee and Snover as he took off in pursuit of the Pancham.
"GENMA! GET BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE-!"

Que was fiddling with the black shoelace around his wrist, tugging, unraveling, and re-knotting the knobbly lump of cord that stretched like a snake up his arm. His pudgy, boyish fingers maneuvered the coarse shoelace expertly, and with the ease and consistency that seemed only akin to an action of complete habit. He had, in fact, been rather disturbed, though he'd never admit so to anyone other than himself, by the sudden person that had dared breach the frigid battle, and was attempting to hide it through conscious actions that had become so ingrained in himself that they had become subconscious. He was much more frustrated than he should have been, for the battle had almost become interesting enough to bear the interlaced webs of thought that, in turn, had begun to chase away the terribly disturbed feeling he had been having as the after-affects of travelling in such an accursed manner that is by sea. The queasy feeling had begun to return from what he had presumed was its grave-bed, and Que was highly unamused.

Out of things to entertain and distract himself with, Que began pondering on the Pancham that had run past, disregarding the maddened shouts of his trainer. Such a silly Pokemon, to interrupt a battle between two Pokemon likely higher levels than itself, and what for? For the child-like glee of gaining attention? For the thrill some so often described as getting away with something? Whatever it was, Que mused, he certainly would not condemn it with his own Pokemon. If they were going to erupt out of their pokeballs and lead him on a wild goose chase through who knows what to who knows where, Que would certainly not oblige. Indeed, he might as well give up the whole endeavor. He never really got this 'adventure' thing anyways.

Ah, but then he wouldn't have done what he had said he would do, and he certainly wasn't going to give up a chance to solve puzzles of such challenge and grandeur that he, himself, could only imagine their magnitude. Very well, then. Que would go on this adventure, he supposed, annoying Pokemon or not.

Shasta jumped in the air and dodged the Razor Leaf. "alright, let's do a bit of a change here, Iron Swift!" Aurora called and Shasta summoned a Swift and then used iron tail and hit on of the stars, causing all of them to turn silver.

When Oliver finally caught up to the Pancham, he snatched him up and glared at him.
"Dude, come on! You're making me look bad!" Oliver complained. The Pokémon turned his head indignantly, chewing on his leaf. Oliver sighed, setting Genma on the ground. The two companions sat down, observing the ongoing battle. There was a fire in both of their eyes.
"Cham! Pan Cham cham!" Genma said to his trainer, pumping a tiny fist. Oliver nodded.
"One day, we'll be the best, Genma. You'll see."

'Hmm, another combo move, eh? Ingrain means Frost can't dodge, so what do I do?' Jack thought, before deciding on what to do. "Ok Frost-" Jack exclaimed with vigor "Take the attack, then hit back with an Ice shard - Maybe we can freeze them!".

Frost did as once instructed, and once again stood in front of the attacks, but his Ingrain meant that he did not move. Finally, he summoned ice - seemingly from thin air - and directed it towards Shasta.

(25 down to 12, but Ingrain put it up to 15)

Last edited:
Disappointed was much of an understatement towards how the queer boy felt about the battle nearing its end. Having eagerly seized the distraction upon its resumption, and hopefully sent the unholy churn of his stomach away to its death bed for sure, Que had, in absence of something much more interesting, laid the battle out full in his mind. Two more hits, and the Snorunt would be down. One more hit, and the Eevee would be down. It was all a matter of who could hit first.

Judging simply from the pattern of the battle so far, Que had readily given the Eevee the win. Its fleetness of foot and acuteness of action was an impeccable match for an opponent who couldn't seem to dodge for diddly-squat, and his much more head-strong trainer, who had already lost health to quite a few foolish moves so far, didn't seem to be finding any brilliant solutions. Not knowing of the use of ingrain, Que would have undoubtedly labeled he as the winner, but using the move so late in battle at such a critical time made the action turn sour, and the battle, stale. Not to mention his already predictable strategy now appeared to consist solely of the luck of a freeze, even though in order to freeze he would have to hit the Eevee, and the childish boy hadn't a clue why the older man thought that would be successful if he hadn't managed to hit the creature in the first place. One would have to wonder why anyone would fall back on a strategy so inferior to anything else that it relied solely on the passive and death-defyingly boring force known as luck. In addition, luck was unpredictable, and there was nothing the boy hated more than unpredictability. Although, Que contemplated, he hadn't quite figured out where seasickness stood on that list yet, so it was feasible that the rankings might change.

However it ended, Que hadn't the slightest implication to care. Bored of tiring himself over the insolence of luck, and the opportunities that each trainer had laid out crystalline in front and carelessly strewn behind them, Que turned from mussing with the shoelace on his wrist to the actual laces on his shoes. He marveled at the complexity of such a simple system, a single cord, woven and bound tight so many times around itself that it became a barrier, a rough, knobbly structure with which he could puzzle over towards his hearts content. Even more invigorating was the challenge it proposed, of having to keep a cool mind yet forceful hand, to tug only in the right positions, lest he bury himself further into the grave of inadequacy. He must first plan his way around the knot before he could strike, and this, it appeared, was how the fair-skinned, childish, yet sound of intellect, fourteen year-old boy handled most challenges and puzzles that life dared to strew across his platter, carelessly tossing them his way, like a hurricane, frothing at the mouth.

Oliver noticed the Professor then, and got up, running up to her with Pancham on his shoulder.
"Prof S! Prof S!" he said, running over to him, Genma in tow. "Prof! Can you take a look at my Pancham? Is he looking strong and healthy?"

Shasta's eyes glowed white and he dodged the Ice Shards with dance moves but only just made it. Shasta panted as he used a special move that regenerates his own health, without anyone noticing. What Shasta didn't want was a lot of attention, and noticing that he got a whole group watching him made him extremely nervous. "V-Vee!" He whimpered and ran behind Aurora's leg. Aurora reached down and picked up the scared Eevee and began to calm him down with a gentle song. After Shasta calmed down, he sent a normal Swift followed by a Iron Swift and a Shadow Swift. Then, just in case, he used Protect.

Kya watched as Professor Sequoia grinned at the excited trainer. "He is, Oliver!" the professor said brightly. "I can see you've been taking excellent care of him."

(Sorry it took a while for me to reply, guys and gals!)

"Sn-Sno...!"

Finally, the battle was over. As soon as he was hit by the Shadow swift, Frost fell to the floor, fainted, Ingrain cannot protect a Pokemon from a critical hit... "FROST!" Jack shouted, concerned for his Pokemon's safety. Quickly, he staggered over to his fainted Pokemon and withdrew it to it's Pokeball. "You did well, friend. Rest well." Jack whispered to Forst's pokeball, now in a calmer frame of mind. Finally, he began to return to his surroundings - he hadn't even noticed the Professor *or* the crowd during the heat of his battle. He turned to face Aurora and Shasta, and began to strike up a conversation with them.

"You know, you two are pretty strong. As I promised, you can travel with me..." He said with modesty "...I'd love to work with you to create some combo moves for Frost." After moving closer to the pair, the taller boy crouched down to Shashta's height. He pulled two Oran berries from his jacket pocket, and placed them in-front of her." Now, I was going to save these for Frost, but it'll be easier if I let Nurse Joy treat him instead. They should heal you a little, though." Jack then returned to his normal height, and faced the still-growing audience.

"Everyone..." Jack began "...Please give a round of applause for the winner, Aurora!" Once the applaud had lessened, he joined the crowd sitting besides here the battle had taken place and then waited for the professor to speak.

Que tapped his chin. As he had predicted, the battle ended in the Eevee's favor. What was rather ironic was how it had ended- a defeat of the strategist relying on luck by luck. What a laugh, that the last hit had been critical! How silly, how fickle, that he had sided on the ill side of luck! Yes, he absolutely hated luck for its unpredictability and rather annoying manner, but you had to admit the defeat was righteous for someone who relied on such a foolhardy strategy.

The crowd interrupted his thoughts with a cheer, and Que turned surly again, if more light-hearted. Distaste was apparent at the thundering of their applause, so near to his ears as he sat, arms around his knees, on the lightly frozen ground beside the field. He saw no reason in their silly commendation, for so sour had the battle turned that, uninterested as he was, he grew more and more resentful towards it with every opportunity they tossed away. Perhaps it was just for his vanity, but the boy was absolutely sure the staleness of the battle could have been much more... dynamic. Puzzling. Challenging. Thrilling. Que felt that, had he been in the position of battler, had he won the victory in such a manner, he would feel no glory, for lacking the battle was in puzzlement. There was no great riddle, no obstacle, no knot to strategize against. The battle had simply been a battle, nothing more, and nothing less. Certainly nothing deserving of his praise.

He could not, of course, control the praise of others as they cheered, and instead mulled over their nature, toying lightly with his upper lip with the edge of his ring finger. He simply could not understand why they seemed so thrilled, so embraced by the lackluster battle. Could it be that they were more simple-minded than he? It must not be so, too simple was that solution, too brainless to be real. Was there, perhaps, something greater at hand, something undiscovered by his vast storage bank?

Que studied the crowd closely, searching for some sort of clue, but with every second that past his frustration grew, and the applause began to ring in his ears like the braying of a Skiddo, the brainless chirps of Fletchling. So mindless was their scattered claps that he could not think for the squealing of their hands, dull as a dense fog that blocked out all sense, each individual clap accumulating, chattering, chittering, chortling in such a manner that his puzzlement grew and his mind fell to fog and question after question, that no amount of thought, no clues, nothing would give him what he wanted most. He had to have an answer! He must! To go unanswered was crime to his mind, to go unanswered was sin and the fact berated and thwacked him around like a piece of unfried dough, so heinous, so frustrating was his puzzlement, so bewildered was he, and the applause only grew and echoed and frothed. He did not get their nature, not their applause, not their insistence of gratitude, nor shows of generosity. He simply could not understand. Many times he had tried, until it seemed truth that he would fail again and again at the only puzzle in the world he could not seem to solve, and crescendoing, his frustration escalated.

The boy released a sharp cry, so quick that perhaps it hadn't even been emitted, so quiet that he hoped only his ears could hear it, brought upon by a needle of pain as the boy found his fingers tugging hard, the thumb rigid and clasping his lip against his ring finger. Climaxing frustration ceased with the applause and, noticing the battler find a seat in the crowd, Que resumed toying with his lip, letting his thumb relax, rubbing the edge of his forefinger against his gum. For some reason, he could not find the answer. Perhaps he could never find the answer. No, it must be true that it was there. He would find it. All in good time.

This the boy had always told himself since his mind was mechanic enough to bring him conscience thought, and would always tell himself, until the gears ground to their final stop. The one question with no solution. The one puzzle that always would miss a piece.

Aggravating.

Aurora smiled and nodded. Shasta who already grabbed the oran berries and jumped back into his satchel, poked his head out with blue covering his mouth. "You enjoyed that, didn't you?" She asked as the applause died down. He nodded before sinking his head back into the warm satchel. Aurora laughed and shook her head before she decided to go into the pokèmon centre for some reason.

Kya followed as Professor Sequoia stepped away from the lab doors and towards the trainers who had just finished their battle. “That was incredible, both of you !” she said with a bright smile. “You both clearly have strong bonds with your Pokemon. It brings a real light to this region when new relationships are formed through battle. And speaking of new relationships,” The professor’s gaze wandered over the crowd. “Aren’t there a few people looking to start their journey?”
Kya immediately raised her hand. “Oh! I am, Professor!” Sequoia acknowledged her with a nod and asked, “Is there anyone else?”

Jack quickly darted up, showing quite a lot of excitement. "Me too, miss!" He shouted, ready to begin a journey of his own. Jack was also rather curious about Sequoia's lab, so he then asked "Can we come inside, professor? I'd love to take a look around your lab."

Aurora's poked her head our form the labs door "I thought Frost was your pokemon?" Aurora said and Shasta's head popped up ontop of hers. "Vee!" He said in agreement with Aurora's statement about Frost.