• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Direct To Bring News Tomorrow!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Now, as all good Pokémon fans know, tomorrow is the day which is meant to be bringing us a big Pokémon announcement, and what better way of doing it than mixing together our favourite Nintendo news service Nintendo Direct and Pokémon to create Pokémon Direct. The announcement is due to be made worldwide through Nintendo's websites for Nintendo Direct meaning the likelyhood of the announcement being a new game or Pokémon is quite high. Junichi Masuda has also confirmed through his Twitter account that he'll be involved with the video.

PokmonDirct.jpg

As mentioned above, Pokémon Direct will be streamed through all Nintendo's normal Nintendo Direct pages, and is a ten minute video. For those of you in the UK the video will go live at 11am GMT, and if you can't watch the video as it goes out, don't worry as we'll have all the news here not long after.

Last edited:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Well, they're officially making a big deal out of this announcement. I change my opinion: the odds of this being something big is quite high. I await tomorrow's NintendoPokémon Direct with interest.

This does seem pretty big, I think for Nintendo to make such a big deal it is definitely a new main series games and more likely a new generation. Which as a few people on hear have suggested would fit in with the Unova anime ending soon. I don't particularly see any reason to head back to Hoenn in terms of the anime so that combined with how big the announcement is makes me think Gen 6

Teapot said:
Well, they're officially making a big deal out of this announcement. I change my opinion: the odds of this being something big is quite high. I await tomorrow's NintendoPokémon Direct with interest.

I was preparing myself to be let down but I've taken all that back now. I really can't wait any longer for this announcement, it has to be Gen VI. I'm really hoping they'll show us a new Pokemon or two. I'm on Central Standard Time so the video starts at 5AM for me. Trying to decide if I want to stay up for it, which I probably will :p

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Am I the only one hoping that the announcement is not Gen VI? Gen V is only two and a half years old so it seems like it would be too early to announce Gen VI. A new game featuring Hoenn or a RSE remake are more likely with a Pokemon game on the Wii U being the next likely scenario. But I guess we'll know for sure in 12 hours :|

Last global announcement was for the announcement of Gen 5, iirc. Don't believe we got one for HGSS. Also it is most likely to be on the 3DS, they won't announce the last main game of Gen 5 on the 3DS when the rest is on the DS

Did anybody else see this? Apparently an anonymous source who has been reliable in the past is claiming that the news is a game called "Pokemon Rainbow" and will feature the regions and Pokemon of generations 1-4 as well as over 20 new Pokemon. They also claim that they will be revealing a Wii U app that they don't say much about.

Sounds pretty good to me, but who knows if what they say is true.

Invader Virgil said:
Did anybody else see this? Apparently an anonymous source who has been reliable in the past is claiming that the news is a game called "Pokemon Rainbow" and will feature the regions and Pokemon of generations 1-4 as well as over 20 new Pokemon. They also claim that they will be revealing a Wii U app that they don't say much about.

Are you kidding me? This sounds flip-flappin tastic!
The only issue I have is determining how I would use a character like that...
It sounds to me like Poke'mon is attempting to create a game that is trade-able with Unova but has the Poke'dex to register the new Poke'mon.
Or maybe I'm just crazy. XD

I'm taking this Pokemon Rainbow with a pinch of salt, I honestly think 20 new Pokemon doesn't warrant for a new game. The information given is fishy to say the least

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Toxic881 said:
Invader Virgil said:

Are you kidding me? This sounds flip-flappin tastic!
The only issue I have is determining how I would use a character like that...
It sounds to me like Pokémon is attempting to create a game that is trade-able with Unova but has the Poke'dex to register the new Pokémon.
Or maybe I'm just crazy. XD
i think that if the report is true and there are new Pokémon, that would break (or limit, at least) connectivity with older - dare I say, Gen V - games. Either way, that report is... oddly specific, which means its either blind conjecture or there's some truth to it. I'm personally hopeful for something of that sort of scale, but sceptical we'll see anything as ambitious. Still, who knows? Time will tell.

Also: if the new game is that big, and potentially a stopgap before a real Gen VI or something, 20 new Pokémon might be enough. I was happy enough to see Unova anew in B2W2, so something of this magnitude would certainly keep me happy.

Also these Pokemon need to be fucking amazing to make up for pirate patrat. Also if we get new starters and there is fire/fighting the series is dead to me