• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Direct Announced for January 9th

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Pokemon Direct January.jpeg

It has been announced by Nintendo of America today that a new Pokémon Direct will air on Thursday the 9th of January. The presentation will be roughly 20 minutes long and begin at 6:30AM PT, 9:30AM ET, 2:30PM UK and 3:30PM in Europe.

What information the Direct will contain is unknown, but all of the current Wild Area Events in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield also end on the 9th - so we wouldn't be surprised if some of the news is about new ones.

Are you excited for the Direct?

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Id appreciate it if the pokemon that are trapped in the data of Pokémon Sw/sh can finally be released legitimately. Not all of us are genius hackers and damnit, I wanna use that Venusaur that I know is in there.

I really hope the Pokemon we transfer aren't just the ones in the Galar dex, it's so limited. I understand how much work it'd take for every Pokemon to be animated in Sw/Sh, but still.

T.C.

Previously OaW Target
I hope they talk about Pokémon Home so I can finally transfer all my Pokémon to Sword and Shield.