• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon D&P Manga to be Released in USA

http://www.amazon.com/Pok%C3%A9mon-Diamond-Pearl-Adventure-Vol/dp/1421522861

Looks like a new Pokemon manga will be coming out, Pokemon D&P. Bulbapedia also stated that it would be released on April 1 this year.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Unfortunately, it's not the Pocket Monsters Special manga, better known as Pokemon Adventures in the West. Would have been nice to see Viz going back to that (especially with the originals completely out of print now), but oh well.

I don't know why PUSA don't just bring it back in like they did with the cards and the anime and publish this stuff themselves. But I guess since they have such good relations with Viz anyway, they're sticking with them. They're still releasing the anime DVDs, now publish the movie DVDs, and of course Viz is owned by Shogakukan - who publish the anime and CoroCoro in Japan.

But maybe this is testing the water for bringing Pokemon Adventures back? D/P does seem to be evoking a return to the top for Pokemon in general, so it would be a good time to go back to it (at least to do D/P's Special saga). I guess the only way they'd go ahead with anything though is if this is successful.

So, Americans. Buy the fucking thing. >=O :)

Lol, well put. I, for one, plan on buying it XD I've been looking really hard for the original manga, but I found out the only way to get it (besides killing yourself on Ebay @_@) is this website by some publisher in Singapore. They've done all the manga in English, but to get it you have to e-mail them >.> (And I don't want to imagine the shipping costs...) I'll have to dig up the link again, I found it in a thread somewhere on Serebii.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
If that's Grimsg's stuff you're talking about, I've bought a few books from him when he had his eBay store (and thus getting them was much easier). As I recall, the shipping wasn't too bad. It worked out best if you got a number of books together 'cos the shipping was per transaction rather than per book.

I can certainly vouch for his credibility, but it's a bit of an annoying way to go about picking up the books - and the reason I haven't bothered picking any up since.

Heh, you've used Grimsg too. Small world.

Anyways, can't wait to see this. I've wanted some form of manga that'd be easy to get. I hope this is a test to see whether or not to bring PokeSpe back, because I love it. And it seems the characters will be keeping their Japanese names. And yes, I'll be buying the frickin' thing. Right away.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... Amazon appears to be down at the moment, or my browser is just acting shitty again.

Either way, if there's a new manga coming out, I'll definitely be getting my hands on it. I bought that graphic novel release of Mystery Dungeon and rather enjoyed it, even if it wasn't up to Pokemon Special standards, so I figure this D/P thing would be a good read too.

And speaking of Pokemon Special/Adventures, I desperately wanted to keep reading them, too, but I never bothered using the Singapore translator for the same reason Alex mentioned... just too much hassle. Well, that and the shipping for me WAS going to be pretty bad, and as much as I loved Pokemon Adventures.... I had other, less hassle-ish, things to spend my cash on >>;

If it is coming out, I'll be getting it. I've been reading the thing online in Japanese and guess what. I can't understand it and it looks really funny. :(

So is this something that can be found in a Barnes and Noble when it is released? I want to get my hands on this! I don't own any of the Pokemon manga because I can't find it anywhere and I'm still a little leery about online shopping.

I'll have to get over that because it's the only way I can get another wireless adapter and a Vista compatable USB connector.

I'm tired of just reading summaries!!! I want to see Berlitz, Dia, and Pearl in action! But if they do decide to release the manga, I will have a spleegasm of joy. I miss that thing. (read it when it came out. First manga ever...)