• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Crystal Coming to 3DS Virtual Console Next Year

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
It has been announced that Pokémon Crystal is coming to the 3DS Virtual Console via the eShop early next year.

The game will come to the eShop on the 26th of January 2018 and to celebrate the news Nintendo have released an official trailer for the game, which can be seen above. It has also been revealed that players will have access to the GS Ball in this version of the game, which means you'll have the ability to capture Celebi in-game.

It has also been revealed by Nintendo of Europe that a special Pikachu themed New 2DS-XL console will also be released on the 26th of January. There is currently no word of the console heading to America.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Well it's about time they released the best Gen II game! :D Getting yet another Celebi is a huge bonus. I can now truly, finally, get a 100% complete Gen II Pokedex. Bonus points if the Celebi can be put in Bank.

Now I shall quietly await the announcement of RSE on eshop.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Just need RSE and FRLG to come our on digital and then every Pokemon game up until Pokemon USUM can be played on the 3Ds

Now;
When do they release the remakes of this generation for the Switch... or whatever future device they make for the series to go on. We all know that's next up on the chop block for remakes before any new generations! Thoughts maybe?

I have suspicion that this is the first time in Pokémon history you can legitimately obtain a shiny Celebi within the constraints of a Pokémon game. My body is ready.

I have suspicion that this is the first time in Pokémon history you can legitimately obtain a shiny Celebi within the constraints of a Pokémon game. My body is ready.
Good lord, I have tried for some shiny legends... I have yet to get lucky after like 1200 resets or something! Good luck on that celebi though :D!

Good lord, I have tried for some shiny legends... I have yet to get lucky after like 1200 resets or something! Good luck on that celebi though :D!
If It's in fact unlocked, I will definitely will get it @shdowspryte
I am a gen 1-2 wizard and I have the 5 shiny legends of gen 2 transferred to my Ultra Sun from silver version as is (;

Hubbie needs a yolo Groudon? My best advice to you if the grind becomes as it feels (a grind) then simply close the 3ds, walk away from it and let it charge until night. The shinies always seem to happen when you don't try too hard for them (at least in my experience) Happy hollidays!

Hubbie needs a yolo Groudon? My best advice to you if the grind becomes as it feels (a grind) then simply close the 3ds, walk away from it and let it charge until night. The shinies always seem to happen when you don't try too hard for them (at least in my experience) Happy hollidays!
haha yeah, we've been trying for it at random for almost a month!