• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Copper-Engraving Templates

Hey-o, all!

This is my little project. I learned how to mold copper sheets into patterns in high school, so I figured I could put my ideas together and maybe have a booth at the anime convention or an art/craft show. Anywho, where this is going..

I have here 4 pokemon templates for that very purpose and I'd love some comments/constructive criticism. The background details (such as the seaweed in the mudkip template) will be embossed inwards rather than the pokemon which will stick out.

Charmander-Template.jpg

Mudkip-Template.jpg

Pikachu-Template.jpg

Shinx-Template.jpg

This last image is an example of a mostly finished product.

Dragon-Copper.jpg

Also, if anyone has any ideas for new template ideas, that'd be so greatly appreciated! (Extremely so) Doesn't need to be pokemon, but keep in mind templates shouldn't be too detailed, or you loose the effect of the embossing. Position reference pictures would also help.. ^__^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. These turned out pretty cute. The lineart seems pretty solid, and they're all original poses, eh? Simple, but just as intended. Looks like they won't be too hard to work with.

I have an idea for a new template! ... A Raichu. Better yet - make me a Linkachu! I'd pay you for it :3

Wow. This is something I have certainly not seen on 'Charms. These definitely earn the comment 'simple, yet elegant', as they are.

Why don't you do a Dragonair? They would look very regal in metal, and they are simple.

Thank you for the replies! Katie, you'll likely get a Linkachu around presenty times. ;)

And Secad, I really like that idea of the dragonair. I could do a spiral theme. Thanks!

Now, I am of course, bounded by law, that I suggest to you making an Aipom one.

Now that that's done. You're templates are, simply put, awesome. It's the simplicity of them that makes it great. Though, I think, with the Pikachu one, the lightning bolts might be cutting it a little close with copper engraving.

It might also be cool if you tried some different kind of fonts for the Pokemon.

In short, awesome work ^^