• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Contest Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Hey! Actually you're on to something Renz! Except let's make it a Sneasel cause that sounds like a thing Sasha's future Sneasel would do and then she can catch it and eat the candy and not starve lol. Perfect! My weirdo method of plotting actually came full circle!

Sure you can do that Renz. After I get the RP thread up anyone who is not a coordinator is allowed to join. I don't want a lot of actual trainers but there can be a few. So if you want to make a trainer who just gets the basic things and the second pokemon then you can. I just want this to be more centered around coordinators. Also @Mango137, you can do the same thing.

I plan to have Clementine's Burmy be caught when Navine is a Grotle/Torterra, and the Burmy attaches to him because it feels safe there. Don't know about any other Pokemon she'll have, but there's an explaination.

Also, it's a good idea, Renz.

Name: Pierce ‘Chill’ Evans

Looks: Pierce is tall, with green eyes and long blonde hair. He has paler skin, and... that’s all I have for now.

Clothing: Varies from occasion to occasion, but usually a Leather Jacket, Jeans, and sunglasses.

Personality: Pretty laid back, usually. However, he is prone to fits of anger.

Starter: Abra

Pokémon team:

Alakazam, Smeargle, Krookodile (I will add more later, I cannot decide just now.)

RP Example:

Pierce sat in his house, relaxing. There was a letter on the counter which he had recieved, asking him to judge some upcoming Pokémon Contests. He leaned back in his chair, surveying the litter on his desk, from the open laptop to the pictures of himself and his Pokémon, to the prizes he had won in his contest career.

As the dusk began to fall, he pulled on the cord of the lamp. He rolled up his chair, and began to type a response on his computer.

I want to make a character, but I have no idea what starters are taken, and I need to know to make sure. I noticed that the starter list, with all the reservations and stuff I see throughout the thread, isn't up-to-date... Can I see what Pokemon are taken so I can better make a character?

Name: Skylar "Sky" Robinson
Looks: He has short, brown hair with the tips of his hair at the front jutting upwards. He has brown eyes and is 4'11" (150 cm) and weighs 130 lbs (59 kg). He has got meat on him, but he isn't at all muscular. He is more speedy than anything else, and even that is lackluster. He does have freckles on his face and he has some scars on his hands and arms from dealing with bird Pokemon.
Clothing: He wears a sky blue t-shirt and a padded grey jacket with more padding on the arms for use in training and dealing with bird Pokemon. He also has light grey pants and black sneakers. He also has a backpack that has a bird and cloud motif and has items in it that a breeder out on an adventure would have. As for contest clothes, he will wear his padded jacket over a black shirt, will have his hair spiked up, will wear padded black gloves, and will wear black pants that has a bright red cuff around one of his ankles that looks like a bird tag, and he uses his usual sneakers. He will also have feathers in his hair. He will also have six small bird cages that are small enough to house one PokeBall in the middle attached to each belt loop in his pants.
Personality: He is quite sweet and kind to those that he considers worthy of it, but he can be quick to judge, leading to a lack of friends. He also loves to gossip about other people, but tries to keep this on the low-down, as he prefers to make friends and not enemies. He also knows a lot about bird Pokemon and once he starts, it's hard for him to shut up. Since he's so short, he wishes to be free with the other bird Pokemon in the sky so he doesn't have to feel so small, as when you're up in the sky, size doesn't matter. He can get mad super quickly when someone comments on his size or comments on how cute he is. He also despises it when people kneel down to his level, as if he were a child. He would rather have people look down to him. He considers himself as a Breeder and Coordinator.
Starter: Piplup (Prin; Male) - [TYPE]Water[/TYPE]
Secondary Pokemon: Pidgey (Pidge; Female) - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE][TYPE]Flying[/TYPE]
Pokemon Team: Bird Theme Team
Empoleon (Prin; Male) - [TYPE]Water[/TYPE][TYPE]Steel[/TYPE]
Pidgeot (Pidge; Female) - [TYPE]Normal[/TYPE][TYPE]Flying[/TYPE]
Honchkrow (Krow; Male) - [TYPE]Dark[/TYPE][TYPE]Flying[/TYPE]
Skarmory (Skar; Male) - [TYPE]Steel[/TYPE][TYPE]Flying[/TYPE]
Altaria (Lyria; Female) - [TYPE]Dragon[/TYPE][TYPE]Flying[/TYPE]
Talonflame (Tal; Female) - [TYPE]Fire[/TYPE][TYPE]Flying[/TYPE]
RP Example: You know me, but I'll make this one anyway XD

The lights move on across the waxed and clean floor as the spotlights ramp up the audience for the new contestant. A young boy had gone so far and gone through so much on his adventure to get here. Looking at one of his bird cages, he patted the one cage that held the one Pokemon he had received on the start of his journey. All of their training led them up to this point in time and they were ready. With adrenaline pumping and nervousness threatening to give him cold feet, he felt like a young Taillow scared of the world as their parent Swellow left them to fend for themselves after they were able to fly. Taking a deep breath, he walked forwards past the slightly cracked curtains for the spotlight to finally land on him. The audience cheered encouragingly as the judges all smiled and awaited for his performance.

He pulled off the bird cage from his side and summoned his first Pokemon before setting the bird cage back at his hip. The large emperor penguin emerged from his cage in a flurry of bubbles from the seals he set on the ball. In a show of power and agility, the large Empoleon crowed and sliced at the bubbles, causing all of the ones immediately in front of him to pop and cause a sparkling effect to shower over Prin, his glossy feathery down giving off a more bright shimmer. The audience cheered at the first display of power before they all hushed at once. Sky knew he could easily impress the audience, but it was the judges he was most worried about.

It was then that he ordered his Empoleon: "Prin, use Swirling Bubbles!"

Prin crowed and spun around, spitting out bubbles that flowed about around him in a neat circle. He then spun around and faced upwards, making a whirlpool above him that swept up the bubbles without popping them and whipped them about. He then told his Empoleon to "Drill through them", causing Prin to crow softly before his beak began to glow and lengthen as he focused more of his energy into using Drill Peck. He then sprang upward and drilled through the bottom of the whirlpool and the force of the whirlpool shot him upwards while he spun, some of the bubbles attaching to him and floating around in the same direction as his spin.

It was now the moment of truth.

"Ice Beam!"

Prin flipped over with the help of the spinning momentum and shot an Ice Beam down at the whirling water and bubbles below him, freezing it solid. The edges of his fins began to glow a steely grey as he fell back down. He crossed his flippers and sliced through the middle of the still floating ice, causing the ice to shatter from the impact site and create an explosion of icy dust, coating the ground and the nearby audience and judges with fine ice particles that shone different colors in the light. Prin landed gracefully and bowed towards the crowd, the crowd erupting in screams and whistling. Feeling proud for his Pokemon and the training they did, Sky walked up beside his Empoleon and bowed alongside his penguin Pokemon. A couple of the judges stood up and clapped, while another judge stood up and crossed his arms in delight.

"Skylar Robinson and Prin the Empoleon, everyone! What a stunning display of power and grace!" the announcer practically yelled in the mic as he was quite impressed himself.

After soaking up the excitement of the crowd, Sky left the floor with his Empoleon while the judges talked among themselves and elaborated on the points they should give him. In the meantime, Sky and Prin arrived at the waiting room where they hugged each other in delight and cried out in pure excitement, adrenaline, and joy. They showed them! But their battle to the top had just begun...

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Okay, I kinda just wanted to have a somewhat comedic entrance. I'll delete it, and I'll repost as soon as I come up with something to post.

Thank you. It was just kind of not how I wanted the RP to start out. Besides you had to be there to listen to both Professor Juniper and Ty before they would let you have a pokemon anyway.

@EeviumZ, Why not edit to state that that they showed up just before the speech so you will have the comedic entrance you want, but still fits in with everything else. You can still do things like that just find ways to incorporate what others have done. This will also make your first post longer which will in turn help it fit with others who have also posted. This is just a thought you do not have to do this just because it is my RP. I am just merely giving you an idea that you can use.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Hmm. I'll take that into consideration. Although I'm half asleep and I don't trust my writing capabilities right now.

edit: spelling.

Name: Tillia Shine
Looks: Tillia is 5'6 and has a slender build. She is Cuaisain. Her eyes are stern and are a field green, and her lips are thin. Her chocolate brown hair is in a ponytail that goes down just past her shoulders.
Clothing: Tillia wears a light pink blouse with a white sweater-jacket. She has dark blue jeans and black tennis shoes. She has a necklace that is just a long crystal on a chain. She has a gold-plated engagement ring with a diamond on it.
Personality: Tillia was a coordinator in Sinnoh. Due to her critical eye, she was asked to be a judge for these contests. She is very logical and uses logic to do her contests. She will be placing everyone under the same bar she judges herself. She loves debating with others, which can be put offing. She honestly doesn't care what you do in your life as long as you don't force your opinions down her throat or hurt someone
Starter: (Hope you don't mind since she is a judge) Eevee (Male, Stem)
Secondary Pokemon: Minccino (Female, Nara)
Pokemon team: Cinccino (F Nara), Dragonite (F Luna), Weavile (M Sinister), Leafeon (M Stem)
RP Example:
Tillia sighed as she placed the letter back on her coffee table. She was chosen to judge contests for some new trainers, something she did not like. She narrowed her green eyes and petted Stem, who was on her lap. The Leafeon looked up at her with his brown eyes. He knew what was about to happen, so he lept off and waited for Tillia to get up. The ex-coordinator got up and started to pack her bags. She couldn't refuse the offer, even if it meant her wedding was to wait. She hoped that Martain would understand. He always did in the past, why wouldn't he now? Stem watched as his trainer carefully packed each of her bags, not missing a single item.

Most certainly... most of you have heard my overused Pokémon rant at this point, so I’ll skip that... among other things, what mechanics are we using for contests? I would guess that we will be doing the actual preforming similar to the anime, but are we doing categories? And if so, do the judges keep them secret? For example, the main category might be, Spooky. But there could be a hidden factor, Beauty, Cool, Cute, ect. decided by the judges.

*evil laughter can be head coming from all parts of the website, pop-up adds with a picture of a Tangela made of Spaghetti Noodles and an Owl begin to appear. They are each holding what appears to be a scroll covered in writing.*

Thank you... I will have fun with this...

Also, we could let the performers vote in the main theme if we want.

Status
Not open for further replies.