• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Conquest: The Era of Peaceful Conflict Discussion Thread

Time has passed on Ransei. Some Warlords have already given up their positions to their students, while others have remained young enough to stay in power. Even after a hero had once united Ransei and asked for peace, Warlords still fought for power and united Ransei time and time again. Now a new kingdom has made itself known and begs Ransei for peace once more.

(You may use an original character or an existing character as a Warlord of a certain kingdom. If the warlord was already quite young, you must give a solid reason as to why they left. I'm adding in a new one and no one can be a Warlord of that kingdom, but you can instead be a civilian or a Warrior in that kingdom.)

Name:
Age: (Can be any age, old or young, but they have to be at least 16 years old. If you have a child character, they must be accompanied with an adult Warrior or Civilian with a Pokemon to protect them.)
Kingdom of Residence/Alliance: (Type and name. You can also be a wandering Warrior)
Perfect Link Pokemon: (This can be your starting Pokemon if you want it to be, but it shouldn't be a Legendary Pokemon unless the character is wise and important enough. The Hero/Heroine from the original game is the one exception, as they are exceptionally young to have a bond with Arceus. Otherwise, your starting Pokemon doesn't have to be your Perfect Link Pokemon, but it can come close if you so want it to.)
Capacity: (The maximum capacity is 8, as I've seen from Ieyasu, but he's a Warlord, and most Warriors have a 2-4 Pokemon capacity. If you're a Warlord, I recommend 5-6 Pokemon.)
Wisdom: (Max is 100, minimum is 1. Make sure it fits so that the character isn't overpowered.)
Power: (Same as Wisdom)
Charisma: (Same as Wisdom)
Other Pokemon: (If you have any)
Types you work with:
Appearance:
Personality/Backstory Blurb: (Keep it concise, people. We can flesh out your character more during the story)
Warrior Skill:
New Pokemon moves: (optional, for those who have Pokemon that haven't appeared in the actual game)

-There can only be six Warriors or Warlords total in each kingdom or less. If your character is too overpowered or has some kind of flaw that will not fit into the story, I will ask that you either change the flaw or overpowered abilities or not accept them into the RP.

-Every Pokemon may have one OR two Pokemon moves. In cases like Magikarp and Abra, I expect them to remain with one move, but for Pokemon like Morelull, you can have them use Mega Drain and Moonlight, for instance. It all depends on the Pokemon, though. I expect most Pokemon to still have just one move.

-ALSO! Warlords can transform at a certain point in time, as long as it's important to the story. It has to signify a growth in strength, or wisdom, or something valuable to the character's character. It's rare that someone has three stage ranks, but it can happen. That being said, I'd like to ask if you could also please keep it rare, though I will be using three stages for my character. Those of you who actually read this, please let me know.

-If you have not read the rules, I will not accept your character until you do. When you have read them, add another post to this thread that says "Spritxia" so that I can check and see that you have indeed read the rules and I'll see if I can accept you. Thank you, everyone!

This is my Warlord:

Name: Sakura
Class: Warlord
Kingdom of Residence/Alliance: Spritxia of Fairy
Perfect Link Pokemon: Togepi (Rank I), Togetic (Rank II), Togekiss (Rank III)
Capacity: 5
Wisdom: 67
Power: 43
Charisma: 84
Other Pokemon: Togepi (starter, 100%)
Types you work with: Fairy, Flying
Appearance: Her hair is white, dotted with pastel accents here and there, and her crown is golden-silver, with the appearance of a princess's crown, but the subtle design choice of a fairy-like appearance that almost gives her wings on the back of each ear. Her eyes are light pink, and she wears a beautiful dress that puffs out like a fairy tale, but not so much that it's completely immobile, allowing her movement and breathing room. The dress is white, with a translucent pink bow tied so it looks like fairy wings behind her, leaving a trail of glitter in her wake, and is highlighted with streaks of pastel blue, pink, green, . She wears white boots--not combat boots, but not high heels, either--that meet halfway up her calves and make soft footsteps as though she's walking on a cloud. She has many ribbons about her, but they're all short enough that they aren't a hindrance in combat, either, and many of them are pastel and translucent. Her skin is pale, too, to match her light hair color. Something notable about her is her clear lack of armor.
Personality/Backstory Blurb: The young princess of Spritxia. She prefers avoiding conflict and therefore abandoned the term "Warlord", but will always protect her people should the time come.
Warrior Skill: Empathy (Restores 100 HP to Warrior's Pokemon and adjacent allies) (Rank I)
New Pokemon Moves: Togepi (Metronome: Target - varies depending on turn (each turn a random move is selected, and due to the Warrior's Link with their Pokemon, they can tell what move it'll be before it happens, but no one else will. Depending on the turn, the move will be different, leaving the range up to chance). Power - varies depending on turn (the less turns there are left in battle, the more powerful the move will be, though even the Warrior and Pokemon will not know just how powerful). Rank - 3 stars

(Most Pokemon moves shouldn't have this much depth. If you have another Metronome Pokemon, you don't need to give such a detailed description. You can just say "- varies depending on turn" for Power and Target, and the Rank will always be 3 stars because there's no way to know; sometimes it's godly amazing, sometimes it's weak and meager.)

Last edited:
Hope this thread isn't dead.

Name: Chiko 紅這尻

Class: Warrior

Kingdom of Residence/Alliance: Wandering Warrior in the Terrera region. (Until recruited, he will NOT be part of the six warrior/warlord limit in Terrera)

Perfect Link Pokemon: Unknown at this time.

Starting Pokémon is Aron (link is 32%/80%) (With Metal Claw as an attack)

Capacity: 5 Pokémon

Wisdom: 22

Power: 45

Charisma: 49

Other Pokemon: None

Types you work with: Steel/Rock

Appearance: Chiko is tall and imposing figure at 5’4’’ with tanned skin, black hair and matching short beard and mustache. However he does his own haircuts and shaving and it shows. His hair is messy, tangled, and unkempt and his mustache doesn’t even look remotely symmetrical. As a warrior he is often wearing faded steel armor. It’s not kept up well and has many scratches and dents. His weapon of choice is a sickle and sai. Outside of combat he wears a faded purple male kimino, black hakama, and geta (adding 2 extra inches to his height) His most notable feature is a three fingered claw scar from his left cheek, down across his lip, and stops near the edge of his chin.

Personality/Backstory Blurb: “The many generations of fighting has brought prosperity to warlords and their warriors, yet often at the cost of lesser villages in the region.” Our former village, Kokumaku, was one of them in the most recent conflict where I was but a simple farmer. Our village was sacked for its food and building materials. When the warlords’ armies left us, taking food, water, and money: the village fell into starvation and poverty. With our village leader and elders passing to disease and starvation, it fell to me to save our home. I took command and had us sacrifice our homes and personal belongings for enough supplies and money to make a journey and find us the land we use today. And as leader of our new village, New Kokumaku, I swear to honor our fallen and the sacrificed by protecting our homes and lives with my steel, my partner Aron’s steel, and my wisdom!”

- Chiko’s speech to New Kokumaku

Warrior Skill: Brotherhood (Increase Defense for himself and nearby allies for a medium amount of time)

Extra: Within Chiko’s territory, he can enlist other warriors from his village to fight alongside him in battle.

Oooh!~ This looks really nice! Accepted! However, I might give you a little word of advice: Since the stats are out of 100, if he leads a small-time village in Terrera, I'd suggest bumping his Wisdom up to at least 50 (since he does mention relying on his wisdom). I really like the character! Thanks a lot! I'll get the thread posted once we have at least one or two Warlords in the RP.

Oooh!~ This looks really nice! Accepted! However, I might give you a little word of advice: Since the stats are out of 100, if he leads a small-time village in Terrera, I'd suggest bumping his Wisdom up to at least 50 (since he does mention relying on his wisdom). I really like the character! Thanks a lot! I'll get the thread posted once we have at least one or two Warlords in the RP.

There is a point that his wisdom is below average, but that'll be explained later on as the role-play goes on. Trust me, I knew I was giving him a low wisdom score.

EDIT: Then with your blessing, I submit it as is.