• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon.com announces HeartGold/SoulSilver - Spring 2010 release confirmed

I still think it should be Spirit Crystal since Spirit is related to Heart and Soul so...yeah. But in attack and hit points, which is better, Groudon or Kyogre? But I still want Lugia. Lugia kicks butt. And which GameCube game do you get Ho-Oh from?

Hmm...one last question....do you think there's gonna be somenthing similar to Pal Park to migrate Pokemon? I don't think so, though, because remakes don't really have much new features...

Seeing as not only are they the same generation, but also at the same time, it wouldn't really be a time capsule, now would it?

why does everybody want a crystal remake? the crystal story in IN HG/SS!! eusine is there, the pokemon move, there's a battle tower, suicune doesnt roam (according to the pic on serebii, johto as in the Pokegear http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml) and in that gameplay video suicune comes up to gold like in crystal. you dont need a blue dog on the case to make it a better game

I'll be getting both, HeartGold being my main with Totodile and SoulSilver i'll be getting chikorita.

Ugh, I hate when you guys are right....then again, I'm 10 and I have no excuse to be wrong. :D

But I'm still kind of confused....why do they even make 3rd versions? Why don't they just save it for when they do the remakes of the games? I mean, that's actually more money there. Don't understand? I'll tell ya.

If they had waited to do 3rd versions with the remakes, they would have gotten more money because 4th/5th generation games cost more. When Yellow released it was about like, what, $25? DS games cost more. A newly released Pokemon game for the DS costs about $35. And plus, people would have never expected releasing yet another version of the already old games....thus making it more popular hence selling more copies. Get what I'm saying? But it's too late now, they already did the 3rd versions...

they make 3rd games for enhanced story and fix any bugs the other two might have had, and dress them all up with battle frontiers and such so people come to the new games and not the old ones with bugs, PLUS if you release a game, and then a year later a new one thats "better" everyone will rush to it, and you make money.

why does everybody want a crystal remake? the crystal story in IN HG/SS!! eusine is suicune doesnt roam (according to the pic on serebii, johto as in the Pokegear http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml) and in that gameplay video suicune comes up to gold like in crystal.

Actually if you take a closer look around Serebii, it says that Suicune does roam. I suppose we'll find out for certain in a few weeks.

I am totally getting SoulSilver. Lugia freaking pwns Ho-oh any day! I really don't think a remake of Crystal is necessary because there is nothing to add except the version exclusives into the same game.

Hmm...one last question....do you think there's gonna be somenthing similar to Pal Park to migrate Pokemon? I don't think so, though, because remakes don't really have much new features...

I've seen a new Johto map (I'm not sure if it's real or not) and it had other islands which G/S/C didn't have. One of them might be a Pal Park.

[quote author=Blue Mew link=topic=6715.msg118742#msg118742 date=1250627807]

I've seen a new Johto map (I'm not sure if it's real or not) and it had other islands which G/S/C didn't have. One of them might be a Pal Park.
[/quote]

he old safari zone if fuchsia is the new pall park

and people! look at this http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?N=134&Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntt=pokemon
according to gamestop, the games come out in the U.S. 4/1/2010. hope its not an april fools joke.