1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask to Join Pokemon Chronicles: Kanto (Discussion Page)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Role Play Discussion' started by Gamefreak1996, Jan 13, 2018.

1. A reimagining of the games we all know and love, with new twists in the story, new characters to meet, and new locations to explore. Come forth, one and all, and see the world of Pokemon like never before!

Rules of the Rp are nice and simple:
    - As per usual, follow the rules set by Pokecharms. We don't want anyone getting kicked off the RP. You can find these rules right here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-role-play-rules.9451/
    - While yes, the story for this RP is set in Kanto, Pokemon from other regions may also be encountered, so long as they fit into wherever they're found (for example, a bug type like Grubbin in Viridian Woods).
    - Make sure the pace of growth for both your character and your Pokemon is a reasonable one. This is something I've said before; there is no logic or interest in a character that shoots up from a new trainer to undisputed champion in just their first few battles.
    - you can choose any starter you want, so long as it isn't overpowered. And no, I don't mean just the regional starters (such as charmander, squirtle, bulbasaur and the rest).

Character Sheets:
    Name:
    Hometown, Region:
    Appearance:
    Personality (optional):
    Starting Pokemon:

Link to the RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-chronicles-kanto.18640/
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the character I plan on starting with:

Name: Tyson Auburn
    Hometown, Region: Vermillion City, Kanto

Appearance: Slightly shorter than average with an average build for his age, bright blue eyes and messy blonde hair. Tyson's outfit is composed of a beige "Indiana Jones" style hat, as well as a short-sleeved red button-up collared shirt and green, knee-length shorts. He also wears a lucky charm with strange markings around his neck (something his father found during one of his expeditions and made into a gift for Tyson), sturdy hiking boots, and carries a bright red backpack.

Starting Pokemon: Charmander

#1 Gamefreak1996, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  2. Quick question, do we need to use Kanto starters?

3. I suppose not. Feel free to choose a starter from any region if you feel like it.

#3 Gamefreak1996, Jan 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  4. Does it have to be a starter?

5. Again, I suppose not. Jut make sure it's not too powerful a pokemon. Also, in terms of shinies, I honestly don't care much about that. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. ;)

6. What's your opinion on a Spheal as a starter? (Doing a pkmn Insurgence nuzlocke randomizer, and that was my starter)

7. I say go for it, yeah!

8. Name: Sara Wavis
    Hometown, Region: Mossdeep, Hoenn.
    Appearance: Normal height for her age. Like all of her family, Sara bleaches her hair white, but chose to streak it with bright blue marks. Her eyes are a sea green. Sara normally wears a baseball hat with a black jacket over a grey T. She has black shorts on as well. A small bag hangs from her hip to store items.
    Personality (optional): I take the optional thing.... Gonna work as it goes.
    Starting Pokemon: SPHEAL!!!! ://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:363Spheal.png

9. Consider your application accepted!

10. What do you get when you put the clap pokemon on a sharp stick?
    A Sphear

11. orrrr a very grusome scene. O_O'

12. In all tense, this is all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's a game of find the eye, and nobody wants to play that.

13. Name: Yuna Wakasa
    Hometown, Region: Cyllage City, Kalos
    Appearance: Yuna is taller than the another girl her age, making her looks more mature than she should be. She has long brown hair, and tied some small amount of her hair to make a bun on the right side of her head. Her eyes is bright brown. She wears white dress that covers down to her knees and a peach-colored jacket. Her light-brown boots is one that is designed for comfy rather than sturdiness, completed with a pair of yellow smooth socks. She carries a violet backpack that has a lot of small pouch and shortcut zipper.
    Personality (optional): For now let's just say Yuna is quite laidback and fonds of seafood.
    Starting Pokemon: clauncher

14. This sounds promising.
    Name: Pax Cessabit
    Hometown, Region: Ecruteak City, Johto
    Appearance: Pax is relatively tall, with a frail build. He has messy brown hair that he never combs, and goes down to his shoulders. He has smiling eyes, which are a deep shade of blue. He usually wears a pair of black pants and a white sweater. He has a backpack to hold all of his things, and on his arm, he has a tattoo saying, "I will never forget," in cursive, that I will elaborate on in the personality section of the bio.
    Personality (optional): (If you don't mind, I'll be telling his personality with his backstory)
    Pax was born and raised in Ecruteak City with his two parents. They didn't have any other relatives, but they weren't completely alone. They raised many pokemon, and felt a special bond with them. They never used them for battling. They simply lived together peacefully, until one fateful day. They were out walking in the woods, which they did often, when Pax's mother was bitten by an ekans. They weren't able to bring here to a hospital in time, and she died from they venom. Before she perished, she gave pax a piece of coal, and told him it may not look like much, but some day it would become a diamond. Pax began to always keep it with him, and grew a fear of poison types because of the experience. Because Pax's mother provided money for the family, Pax's father had to start battling with their pokemon just to get by, and one day, after leaving to train, he didn't come back. Pax knew the only thing he could do was start battling as his father did, so he took the one pokemon his father left at their house, stowed away on a boat to Kanto, and started his journey.
    Starting Pokemon: Sandshrew (Timens)

15. Name: Sasha Larse
    Hometown, Region: Viridian City, Kanto
    Appearance: Sasha is around the average height of any girl her age. She has long brown hair, dark brown eyes, a hat just like Leaf's (from FR/LG), light blue shirt, black skirt, black stockings, grey slip on shoes and a yellow belt bag.
    Starting Pokemon: Ralts

#15 BlueMew392, Jan 14, 2018
  16. Name: Star
    Hometown, Region: Malie City,Alola
    Appearance:Star has white curly hair,lime eyes,a black jacket and and black jeans
    Personality (optional):Star is kind and friendly at times and competitive or stubborn at others,he cares for his pokemon more than himself ,though he watched many league battles while he was sailing to kanto so he's learned about kanto and it's gyms challenge
    Starting Pokemon:Mawile,shiny( Mina)

#16 Starry Phantump, Jan 14, 2018
  17. Name: Kit Winters
    Hometown, Region: Outskirts of Pastoria City, Sinnoh
    Appearance: Kit has blond hair with blue in his left eye and brown in his right eye due to having heterochromatic eyes (A rare trait that causes a person to have different eye colors) He wears blue jeans with a green t-shirt and a cyan jacket that is unzipped when it's warm or zipped up when its cold.
    Personality (optional): Kit is a shy, but friendly person when others meet him at first. When he starts to know others better though, he becomes more open to them and shows what he really is; someone that is extremely friendly and quite competitive. He won't talk about his past much as it brings back too many painful memories of when his mother disappeared.
    Starting Pokemon: Mystic (Natu)

18. All accepted. Welcome aboard! Let's see, that makes... seven characters. Should we wait for a few more, or should we move on and start the RP?

19. I think we should start the RP

20. Alright, I have one approval to start the RP. Anyone else want to start?

21. I'm up for starting now.

22. I suppose starting now would be fine.

23. Alright, I'll get the thread up as soon as I can. It's almost time for me to go to church, so I can't right this second.

Starry Phantump likes this.
  24. Name: Robin Ambers
    Hometown, Region: Jubilife City, Sinnoh
    Appearance: Robin is a tall slender young teen who wears a black short dress with a leather belt on her waist. She has long wavy black hair and wears glasses. She also wears black leggings and knee high brown leather boots.
    Personality: Robin is a introverted and smart girl. She comes off as distant, a pushover, and slightly rude. But when you get to know her, she's witty and sweet.
    Starting Pokemon: Kirlia

Kirlia Character Sheet:
    Name: Ralts
    Nickname: Rose
    Level: 6
    Ability: Trace
    Moves: Confusion, Growl, Double Team
    Personality: Rose barely shows emotion. He's pretty much a blank slate and has severe trust issues so he comes off as intimidating and a jerk.

#25 Økama, Jan 14, 2018
  25. Hmmmmm... While I have no qualms with the trainer, I'm not too sure about letting someone start with a level 18 mid-evolution where everyone else starts with a beginning stage pokemon, presumably at level 5... If you could adjust that detail, I'd appreciate it, and please bear in mind I'm just trying to be fair for the others.

26. It's fine, Ill fix it when I come back

27. Saw Kanto re imagining and wanted to get in on this. Haven't done a legitimate Pokemon RP yet so this will be fun.

Name: Yoshi Ueda
    Hometown, Region: Saffron City,
    Appearance: Brown short Hair, Dark Brown Eyes, 4 feet 3 inches in height, Wears a Green Long Sleeve Shirt, Blue Skinny Jeans, Black Running Shoes, Regular Black Backpack, Green Visor for a hat
    Personality (optional): Athletic, Organized, Hard Working, Creative
    Starting Pokemon: Nidoran (male)

28. Accepted. Welcome aboard!

GoreMagalaHunter likes this.
  29. Yes, you are now. Thanks for making that change.

30. Route 21's a water route, @Økama.

#37 Gamefreak1996, Jan 15, 2018
  31. By the way, @GoreMagalaHunter, did you intend to simply catch your nidoran, or have it as an extra Oak had, like how Ash got Pikachu?

32. An extra mon. Although nothing like pikachu. This is like a planned thing between his family and Oak. He could have sent it to him beforehand but Yoshi is weird and wants to explore the world like that.

33. Okay, just wanted to make sure.