• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Pokemon Challenges

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Recently I've taken to the idea of molding myself a Dragon Pokemon Team - sort of like the Lances and Drakes of this world.

It got me thinking, even though mono-teams or even themed-teams tend to be too unbalanced to work in serious battle - if you were a Gym Leader or Elite 4 Member - what would you undertake as your types and what would your team be?

Aside from Dragon Types, which I'd like to train mostly through not having trained a lot of them, I'd definitely say my Gym/E4 Team would be a fire one.

Naturally, my chief Pokemon would be Charizard, and thus probably my last.

Alongside that would have to be:

Magmar - A good all-round fire type
Flareon - 'Cause it's stats are insane
Houndoom - For the Dark type
Solrock - For the Rock and Psychic types, no-one said it had to actually be a fire-type Pokemon. ^^
and Camerupt - For it's ground characteristics

I can't be fiddled looking into movesets right now, 'cause I'm actually still more interested in the Dragon set at the moment but reccomendations are welcome.

So, what would yours be? Movesets encouraged.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Oh-hoh! That's an easy one for me... Ground-types! ^_^

This is tough for me really. There are a lot of great Ground-types out there, and quite a few that may not be powerhouses (Marowak, Dugtrio) but still have the potential to be great. Then there are Ground-types like Claydol who I know could probably do decent, but I dislike the thing and would thus never use one. So, I did the best I could with choices, and this is my line-up:

Nidoking - The Poison trait would help out against invading Grass-types, and if Megahorn could actually land it'd KO pretty much any Psychic-type.

Rhyhorn - Sheer powerhouse. Golem was a close replacement but I like Rhyhorn's moves more. Too bad the thing can pretty much be taken down with one good water/grass attack.

Swampert - Face it Quag-fans, even if Swampert isn't the most stylish Pokemon around it's the best of the Ground/Water types. Good power and defences, and I love Mirror Coat on this guy.

Flygon - While its stats could definitely be better no Ground team would be complete without the one and only Ground/Dragon-type. Has a nice amount of useful TM at its disposal, too. Flygon is also fairly fast. Might not be Dugtrio fast, but better than the majority of Ground-types.

Camerupt - Fire! Camerupt is a pretty good Pokemon with a good movepool. Fire's nice for the Grass/Ice-types, too.

And the last choice depends on whether or not I pull an Alex like he did with Solrock...

Steelix - If I stick with all Ground-types. Steelix might have the added Fire weakness but it's a sturdy Pokemon against most types and could be quite useful under the right circumstances. If I did go with Steelix it probably wouldn't be my final Pokemon - either Flygon or Swampert would.

or

Tyranitar - The Pokemon that SHOULD be a Ground-type. Tyranitar is another powerhouse, and considering that it learns Earthquake by level and its pre-evos are both Ground-types I think it would be a fair choice to be my final Pokemon on a Ground-type team.

Sorry about the lack of movesets - pressed for time. I'll try to think some up for later, though. In the meantime as the Doc said, recommendations are welcome. If it involves putting Claydol on my team, though, don't bother. It ain't happening :p

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Swampert - Face it Quag-fans, even if Swampert isn't the most stylish Pokemon around it's the best of the Ground/Water types. Good power and defences, and I love Mirror Coat on this guy.

Quaggy just loses out because it's not a starter and isn't third stage. It was always going to lose out to any starter on stats.

Pity Swampert looks crappy. ^^

I went with Solrock 'cause in the games, they don't stick to rigid types either. So long as the Pokemon can be classed along the same theme it works.

Same as Charizard being on my Dragon team because it's a Dragon Pokemon rather than a Dragon Type.

Pity Swampert looks crappy. ^^

Die, heathen *smites with sword of Swampyness*

Swampert is the best starter EVAR and it looks badass, cool and awesome.

As for a Gym team I'd probably go for Electric or Water.

Water

Lanturn - This pokemon just kicks ass, also one of the greatest type combos in the game.

Poliwrath - Always wanted to train one of these bad boys I just never seem to get round to it. Again I like the type combo.

Slowking - I loved Slowking in the movie and a psychic type is always handy ^^

Octillery - An interesting pokemon it's stats are pretty balanced meaning you can load it up with Physical attacks or Sp. attacks and it works either way. The only problem would be the lack of STAB for any of the physical attacks. Octillery also has a huge, diverse movepool. With moves like Flamethrower, Icebeam, Psychic and Sludgebomb there isn't much this pokemon can't handle.

Ludicolo - One UGLY pokemon but it makes up for it with decent stats and a movepool big enough for several Wailord to swim happily in. Another pokemon with a great type combo, I'm just waiting on a Fire/Water type next Gen :p

Swampert - This pokemon had to be included, the thing is a power house. The fact that it's my favorite pokemon (tied with Pikachu) has nothing to do with it ;P

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Normal, no contest.

No other team can compare. Except for fighting.

Snorlax - all the power you need, and a HUGE moveset to boot. Give it Body Slam, Brick Break, Rest and Snore and you're set.

Pidgeot - Well it IS half normal. It covers the fighting weakness, what with it being a flying type an' all.

Raticate - Not the best defenses ever, but it;s one MEAN git. Took down my Alakazam in one hit. ONE HIT! I mean, come on...

Furret - It's cute. It claims a spot automatically.

Girafarig - Awesome normal type. The psychic part is the best. Kicks ass. Plus, doesn't it learn Crunch as well?

Exploud/Slaking - Both pretty good, Exploud doesn't have the one hit per two turns rule, but Slaking's one of the most powerful pokemon of the game. Either way, give it Hyper Beam. And Shadow Ball.

Elliot, Pigeot is the worst fully evolved flying type everrrr. Dodrio is way better as is Fearow and Swellow (even though I hate it).

Furret may be cute but it sucks, stat wise at least. Anything with a bit of power behind it will wipe the floor with Furret.

Props for using Raticate though, I just started training one after restarting my LG game. It's not incredibly strong but it's speed and attack are high enough to inflict some serious damage. Also, Hyper Fang kicks ass.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I have a really nuts idea for an all-Grass team. I'll have to find it, though.

I seem to remember that Grass/Water would in fact provide a balanced team, but that would be cheating a bit.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"Trainer_Yoshimitsu said:
Crabmeat said:
Cool and Cute do not make up for power"]

Explain Whitney to me then. What's with her Clefairy? That thing was cute, and NEVER powerful.

Gotta agree with El. Gym Leaders certainly don't always pick the most powerful Pokemon to train. Sometimes they choose them based on personal experience (ie. Erika), and sometimes it just seems random. Either way, if you took all the different Gym Leaders/Elite 4 members to date and rated their Pokemon I'm sure there'd be lots of disagreements as to whether their teams were built around the "most powerful" Pokemon or not :p

And for the record, I find Pidgeot to be a better Pokemon than Fearow. I actually kept my Pidgeot in FR for the Elite 4 (where it did quite a bit of damage). I dropped my Fearow at Lavender town :p

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Revival.

Building on what baratron said, an all grass team would be fairly simple to put together.

Breloom
Ludicolo
Tropius/Jumpluff
Vileplume (I'd say. Good attack power)
Cradily (Ugly, but it's stats aren'y bad)
Sceptile/Meganium (Starter, so good stats, and a pure grass type, which means only one set of weaknesses)

baratron

Staff member
It's at times like this I really regret that Chris at Pokemon Forever had that attack of not wanting to be associated with pkmn anymore, and took all his stuff down :-\. Had I realised he was going to do that, I would've taken a copy of all the useful pages.

Anyway. This isn't a finished team by any stretch of the imagination - many of the pkmn don't have complete movesets or items listed. Also, I'm setting this up for 1-on-1 battling - 2-on-2 would need different tactics, and I think it would be really difficult to have a single- or dual-type team that functioned effectively in 2-on-2 battling. But feel free to suggest improvements... Right now, there is far too much Earthquaking going on, and not enough Special attacks.

My notes here say: Not actually ludicrous! :D Can protect against the main vulnerabilities:
BUG - (Flying?), Rock attacks
FIRE - Water, Ground, Rock attacks
ICE - Fighting, Rock, (Steel?) attacks
POISON - Ground, Psychic attacks
FLYING - Ice, Rock attacks
The ones in brackets are move types that, although theoretically possible, don't seem to be learned by Grass types.

Breloom - GRASS/FIGHTING
Physical attacker. Effect Spore ability - physical attacks have a 10% chance of inducing Paralysis, Sleep or Poison.
Weaknessess: 2x vulnerable to Fire, Ice, Poison; 4x vulnerable to Flying.
Strengths - 0.5x vulnerable to Water, Grass, Electric, Ground, Rock, Dark.

1. Spore - STATUS - puts foe to sleep with 100% accuracy
2. Focus Punch - FIGHTING, power 225 with STAB
3. Swords Dance / Bulk Up? - POWER UP OR Earthquake - GROUND. To take advantage of that 0.5 x vulnerability to Electric.
4. Sludge Bomb - POISON, power 90 OR Facade - NORMAL, power 70 but doubles to 140 if pkmn is Burned, Paralysed or Poisoned.

I use Facade to wonderful extent on pkmn with Guts ability, but I'm thinking it must be useful on others as well. Grass-types are particularly prone to Fire and Poison attacks, so especially likely to get Burned or Poisoned...

Ludicolo @Leftovers - WATER/GRASS
Tank that can also do BIG damage if necessary. Rain Dish ability - restores HP during rain.
Weaknessess: 2x vulnerable to Poison, Flying, Bug;
Strengths: 0.5x vulnerable to Ground, Steel.

1. Rain Dance - POWER UP - goes splendidly with either of Ludicolo's abilities.
2. Hydro Pump - WATER. ok, accuracy is only 80 - but power 120 x 1.5 STAB x 1.5 Rain = power 270. W00t.
3. Giga Drain - GRASS. Let's just sit here absorbing HP from the foe.
4. Something that'll help with tanking. Rest / Leech Seed / Protect / Double Team... I'm undecided.
OR Ice Beam - ICE attack, useful against Flying foes.

Venusaur - GRASS/POISON
Overgrow ability - Grass-type attacks multiply by 1.5 when HP are low. (What do they mean by "low"?)
Weaknesses: 2 x vulnerable to Fire, Ice, Psychic
Strengths: 0.5x vulnerable to Water, Electric, Fighting; 0.25 x vulnerable to Grass

1. Skull Bash - NORMAL attack that raises Defence.
2. Frenzy Plant - power 150 x 1.5 STAB = 225. If x 1.5 Overgrow bonus = 337.5
3. Safeguard? (egg move)
4. Earthquake - GROUND. To take advantage of that 0.5 x vulnerability to Electric? / Toxic - POISON / Sludge Bomb

Cradily - ROCK/GRASS
Suction Cups ability - cannot be switched out by Roar or Whirlwind.
Weaknesses: 2 x vulnerable to Ice, Fighting, Bug, Steel.
Strengths: 0.5 x vulnerable to Electric.

Physical attacker. I'm not keen on the Stockpile /Spit Up/ Swallow combination, because they're all Normal-type moves, and thus have no STAB. Also, they occupy a total of 3 slots, leaving little space for other moves.

1. Ancientpower - ROCK. Power 60 --> 90 with STAB. Plus the 10% bonus of raising all stats! I LOVE this move!!
2. Mirror Coat (egg move). Returns double the Special Attack of the enemy. Assuming Cradily survives the hit, useful against Ice-type moves.
3. Earthquake - GROUND. Cradily can use EQ to great effect against Fire and Poison types, as well as Rock and Steel.
4. Confuse Ray - STATUS / Amnesia - Raises Sp. Def by 2 levels / Mimic / Substitute ...?

The great advantage of Cradily is that it's not particularly vulnerable to Fire, Flying or Poison - moves that ordinarily are 2x powerful against Grass types. Also, being able to use Rock moves makes it superpowerful against the Fire or Flying types that would usually take out the rest of the team. It can also attack Ice types effectively.

I'm seriously scrabbling about for the fourth move, though.

Exeggutor — GRASS/PSYCHIC
Scary tank-ish thing.
Chlorophyll ability. Quiet nature +Sp.Atk -Speed. (Yep, this is an actual pkmn I have already)
Weaknesses: 2 x vulnerable to Fire, Ice, Poison, Flying, Ghost, Dark; 4 x vulnerable to Bug (YIKES!)
Strengths: 0.5 x vulnerable to Water, Grass, Electric, Fighting, Psychic

1. Sleep Powder - STATUS - puts foe to sleep with 75% accuracy.
2. Leech Seed - GRASS. Ye olde tried & tested HP restorer.
3. Dream Eater - PSYCHIC. V. v. powerful.
4. Solarbeam / Giga Drain - GRASS

I *heart* this Pokemon, though he's risky as hell to play. Assuming he doesn't get KO'ed in the first move, Sleep Powder puts the enemy to sleep (works better than Hypnosis, and in fact, I have no idea what was up with Colosseum's random number generator, but in Colosseum it worked 19 times out of 20. Yes, I kept records.) Dream Eater restores HP, and 2 Dream Eaters knocks out anyone who's vaguely vulnerable to Psychic.

Now I'm trying to remember whether I did actually switch out Solarbeam for Giga Drain. I *think* what I did in my Colosseum team was to have one of the Fire attack users do a Sunny Day, which of course activates Exeggutor's Chlorophyll and doubles his speed, as well as meaning Solarbeam attacks immediately, without needing a turn to charge up. Having said that, the "charge up" round doesn't matter if the foe is asleep and will stay asleep. Could be an issue if Rain Dance is in play, tho - which is likely on the same team as Ludicolo.

The other problem with Exeggutor is that he has the scariest list of vulnerabilities I've ever seen. But he's so fun to play, I almost don't mind.

Shiftry - GRASS/DARK
Chlorophyll / Early Bird (can't decide which'd be more useful)
Weaknesses: 2x vulnerable to Fire, Fighting, Ice, Poison, Flying; 4x vulnerable to Bug
Strengths: 0.5x vulnerable to Water, Grass, Electric, Ghost, Dark; Immune to Psychic

1. Faint Attack - DARK. "True" 100% accuracy makes this invaluable.
2. Extrasensory - PSYCHIC. 10% chance of enemy Flinching.
3. Amnesia - POWER UP - raises Sp.Def 2 levels (egg move)
4. Shadow Ball - GHOST (probably not useful if it's going to be a Special Attacker) / Aerial Ace - FLYING (same physical attack problem - but true 100% accuracy) /

Extrasensory is useful against Poison types, however as Sceptile is 2x vulnerable to Poison moves, he's not the best Psychic-type user. This is the same with regard to Fighting. Bleh.

alternatively, and probably better:
Sceptile - GRASS.
Overgrow ability.

1. Leaf Blade - GRASS attack with high critical hit ratio.
2. False Swipe - NORMAL, which apparently leaves a pkmn with 1 HP without fail. (But does it always leave the foe with exactly 1 HP, or is it at least 1 HP?).
3. Dragon Claw - DRAGON. Powerful Dragon-type attack. OR Iron Tail - STEEL.
4. Crunch - DARK (egg move). Also powerful.

Other movesets also possible - I have a bunch of Treeckos with Crunch, at least one of whom has half-decent IVs, but I haven't really done anything with them yet.

Other possible Grass-types to use:
Roselia - GRASS/POISON. Could be a useful Aromatherapist (heals all status conditions of team)? Can also use Cotton Spore (Speed of foe reduces by 2 stages), and has a reasonable collection of Grass & Poison attacks plus Shadow Ball (GHOST). Just can't think of the best ability (Natural Cure and Poison Point both possible, although Natural Cure is a bit pointless in combination with Aromatherapy) or moveset, and as a single-stage evolution

Vileplume - GRASS/POISON. Another possible Aromatherapist. Could use the Sunny Day / Synthesis / Solarbeam combination.

Meganium - GRASS. Hooray for Grass-type dinos! Pretty effective with Sunny Day / Synthesis / Solarbeam. Just not very flexible - it's Grass attacks or nothing. Can learn Ancientpower as an egg move.

Pokemon that aren't going anywhere near my team:
Parasect - BUG/GRASS. Its Aromatherapy move would be nice, but Bug/Grass is a waste as it doesn't learn any good Bug attacks, and becomes 4 x vulnerable to Fire and Flying.

Jumpluff - GRASS/FLYING. Fun combination, Cotton Spore potentially useful, but low stats in general for a level 3 evolution, and low Attack stat means its one Flying move, Aerial Ace, would be useless.

Tropius - GRASS/FLYING. Level 1 pkmn with no evolutions, so generally weak stats. Unless I was lucky and got one with amazing IVs... >:(

Victreebel - GRASS/POISON. Crappy Def and Sp.Def stats, and only Grass, Poison and Normal-type attacks. Just not very special.

Have I missed any Grass types?

Anyway, tell me what you think & how you'd improve this. I'll also post my dual-type Grass/Water team, which is definitely better :D.

Last edited by a moderator:

baratron

Staff member
Using 2 types is much more sensible, not least of all because it removes the peskier vulnerabilities ;). Now witness my powers of cut & paste :p.

Ludicolo @Leftovers - WATER/GRASS
Tank that can also do BIG damage if necessary. Rain Dish ability - restores HP during rain.
Weaknessess: 2x vulnerable to Poison, Flying, Bug;
Strengths: 0.5x vulnerable to Ground, Steel.

1. Rain Dance - POWER UP - goes splendidly with either of Ludicolo's abilities.
2. *Hydro Pump - WATER. ok, accuracy is only 80 - but power 120 x 1.5 STAB x 1.5 Rain = power 270. W00t.
3. *Giga Drain - GRASS. Let's just sit here absorbing HP from the foe.
4. Something that'll help with tanking. Rest / Leech Seed / Protect / Double Team... I'm undecided.

Cradily - ROCK/GRASS
Physical attacker that doesn't use its Grass type at all.
Suction Cups ability - cannot be switched out by Roar or Whirlwind.
Weaknesses: 2 x vulnerable to Ice, Fighting, Bug, Steel.
Strengths: 0.5 x vulnerable to Electric.

1. Ancientpower - ROCK. Power 60 --> 90 with STAB. Plus the 10% bonus of raising all stats! I LOVE this move!!
2. Mirror Coat (egg move). Returns double the Special Attack of the enemy. Assuming Cradily survives the hit, useful against Ice-type moves.
3. Earthquake - GROUND. Cradily can use EQ to great effect against Fire and Poison types, as well as Rock and Steel.
4. Confuse Ray - STATUS / Amnesia - Raises Sp. Def by 2 levels / Mimic / Substitute ...?

Starmie @ King's Rock - WATER/PSYCHIC
The Special Sweeper extraordinaire! I love this guy.
Natural Cure ability (cures any status ability when switched out). *Modest* nature: -Atk +Sp.Atk (I think)
Weaknesses: 2 x vulnerable to Grass, Electric, Bug, Ghost, Dark.
Strengths: 0.5 x vulnerable to Fire, Water, Ice, Fighting, Steel.

1. *Surf - WATER. Power 95 x 1.5 STAB = 142.5. Does get annoyingly divided by two if used in a 2-on-2 battle, though.
2. *Psychic - PSYCHIC. Power 90 x 1.5 STAB = 135.
3. *Thunderbolt - ELECTRIC. Power 95.
4. *Ice Beam - ICE. Power 95.

I've talked about this pkmn before. It rocks.

Poliwrath - WATER/FIGHTING
Physical attacker
Damp ability - no one can use Selfdestruct or Explosion while Poliwrath is in battle. (Water Absorb is pointless, because no one would be using a Water attack against a Water/Grass team.) The nature that is +Atk -Sp. Atk
Weaknesses: 2 x vulnerable to Grass, Electric, Flying, Psychic
Strengths: 0.5 x vulnerable to Fire, Water, Ice, Bug, Rock, Dark, Steel

1. Substitute
2. Focus Punch - FIGHTING. Power 225 with STAB. Uses Substitute to ensure that Focus Punch doesn't flinch.
3. Body Slam - NORMAL
4. Earthquake - GROUND / Bulk Up / Belly Drum

The problem is finding a sensible fourth attack. I think right now my Poliwhirl has a mix of Physical and Special Attacks, but I can't remember. Ice Beam would deal with the pesky Grass & Flying vulnerabilities...

OR

Breloom - GRASS/FIGHTING
Physical attacker. Effect Spore ability - physical attacks have a 10% chance of inducing Paralysis, Sleep or Poison.
Weaknessess: 2x vulnerable to Fire, Ice, Poison; 4x vulnerable to Flying.
Strengths - 0.5x vulnerable to Water, Grass, Electric, Ground, Rock, Dark.

1. Spore - STATUS - puts foe to sleep with 100% accuracy
2. Focus Punch - FIGHTING, power 225 with STAB
3. Swords Dance / Bulk Up? - POWER UP OR Earthquake - GROUND. To take advantage of that 0.5 x vulnerability to Electric.
4. Sludge Bomb - POISON, power 90 OR Facade - NORMAL, power 70 but doubles to 140 if pkmn is Burned, Paralysed or Poisoned.

Clearly I don't need 2 Fighting types, so it's a case of which is more useful out of Breloom or Poliwrath and/or the stats of the pkmn I have access to.

Lanturn - ELECTRIC/WATER
Annoyer! Sort of. The Voltabsorb ability is definitely annoying, anyway, as is Protect. And you could use Confuse Ray & Double Team together to ensure you virtually never get hit. Wouldn't be useful for absorbing much HP, though.
Voltabsorb ability - absorbs 1/4 HP each time it gets struck by an Electric-type attack
Weaknesses: 2 x vulnerable to Grass, Ground
Strengths: 0.5 x vulnerable to Fire, Water, Ice, Flying; 0.25 x vulnerable to Steel

1. Confuse Ray - STATUS. 100% accuracy.
2. Toxic? - STATUS, inflicts "bad" Poison / Protect / Double Team
3. *Waterfall / Hydro Pump - WATER. Gets STAB.
4. *Thunderbolt / Thunder - ELECTRIC. Gets STAB.

Really, the main point of Lanturn is to mess with people's heads. Having seen that you have a Grass & Water type team, people might try Electric attacks - especially if they forget that Lanturn is part Electric. Has a nice set of Strengths.

Mantine - FLYING/WATER
Swift Swim ability - raises Speed in rain. Goes well after Ludicolo. (See comment on Poliwhirl re uselessness of Water Absorb for this team).
Weaknesses: 2 x vulnerable to Rock; 4 x vulnerable to Electric!
Strengths: 0.5 x vulnerable to Fire, Water, Fighting, Bug, Steel. Immune to Ground.

1. Aerial Ace - FLYING. Power 90 with STAB and never misses.
2. dunno
3. dunno
4. dunno

The problem with Mantine is it's a single-evolution pkmn, so has comparatively crappy stats. Also, the 4 x vulnerability to Electric is a problem. Putting Earthquake on it is useful if it has Swift Swim operating so is faster than any Electric attacker, but it's stupidly risky.

OR

Gyarados - FLYING/WATER
Intimidate ability - lowers enemy's Attack 1 stage. *Timid* nature, but I can't remember what that means now.
Weaknesses: 2 x vulnerable to Rock; 4 x vulnerable to Electric!
Strengths: 0.5 x vulnerable to Fire, Water, Fighting, Bug, Steel. Immune to Ground.

1. Dragon Dance - POWER UP. Raises Speed and Attack 1 stage.
2. Thrash - NORMAL.
3. Earthquake - GROUND.
4. *Hydro Pump - WATER. The high power of this move makes up for Gyarados' crap Sp.Atk.

Gyarados' Intimidate and its immunity to Earthquake are both useful. Its 4 x vulnerability to electricity is less useful. And this moveset utterly sucks.

OR
Swampert / Quagsire / Whiscash - WATER/GROUND type. For the electricity immunity. Maybe.

OR
Omastar - ROCK/WATER.

Dunno, really. I haven't thought about this one as much as the Grass-only team, and there's a lot more possibility, simply because there's so damn many Water types. Some Water-types can even learn Fire-type attacks! (e.g. Octillery, Gyarados).

Last edited by a moderator:
Normal takes the cake.

Hmmm....Gym Leader like?

Munchlax* [bound to have some power to it and looking at gyms like Misty's...gotta have a pre-evo then the evo]

Miltank [With attacks likie Milk Drink...It could get pretty annoying.]

Spinda [Confuse the heck out of them. Enough said.]

Tauros [Speed/Power.]

Smeargle [I like the little bugger....Sketch could prove useful. Every Gym has to pick at least one bad choice anywho. ]

Snorlax [ Need I explain?]

*Does it count? If not I'd have a Slaking or Exploud for power reasons.

I'd say i probably have to go with fire as well

First up would be
Flareon
Magmar
Charmeleon( same stat wise as charizard and removes the vunerablitys of flying type)
Aracanine
Rapadash
Blazikan

move sats later

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
THREAD REVIVAL! I like to go with those shady and creepy types...

Dark:

-Murkrow
-Sneasel
-Houndoom
-Sableye(One of my favorite pokemon.)
-Shiftry
-Sharpedo

Ghost:
-Haunter(I just like it more than Gengar...)
-Misdreavus
-Sableye
-Shedinja
-Banette
-Dusklops

Lucky me, they're currently only 6 ghost evo chains... :p

Poison:

-Crobat
-Victreebel
-Tentacruel
-Ariados
-Dorapion
-Haunter

I'll probably add more later. I'd rather go with favorites than what's more effective. Moves and such comming later too...