• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: Blue-Star Edition

"Hi, I'm Professor Hawthorne! Sorry to keep you waiting! I'm the founder of the Sodak Region, a recently discovered region south of Kanto. The same general rules apply here, just like any other region, but you should still take the time to read and memorize them."

1) Never, EVER, abuse Pokemon! Pokemon are our friends and should be treated a such.

2) Never enter the tall grass without a Pokemon or someone who has a Pokemon. Wild Pokemon will attack and possibly severely injure you.

3) Make sure you know about status effects, type differences, and Pokemon Centers/PokeMarts

-Pokemon Centers are for healing your Pokemon. It's a free process so don't be scared to ask the local Nurse Joy for help.

-PokeMarts are where you find potions, pokeballs, antidotes, and other very useful items.

-The status effects are as followed:

Burned: Your Pokemon is burned and takes a small amount of damage each turn. Your attack is also cut in half. Either use a burn heal, or go to a Pokemon Center

Paralyzed: Your Pokemon is paralyzed and occasionally will be unable to move. Your speed is also cut. Either use a paralyze heal or go to a Pokemon Center

Poisoned: Your Pokemon is poisoned and will take a small amount of damage with each turn. After battles, your Pokemon still takes a small amount of damage. Either use an antidote or go to a Pokemon Center. (A Pokemon may survive a poison attack while traveling by rolling a 6)

Frozen: Your Pokemon is frozen and is unable to move. There is a chance of healing itself (either rolling a 3 or a 6) or you can use a freeze heal. Pokemon Centers can also cure frozen Pokemon. Damaging Fire-type attacks will also cure a frozen Pokemon.

Sleeping: Your Pokemon is asleep and can't attack (except for a few exceptions). A sleeping Pokemon will eventually awaken (rolling a 3 or a 6) or you can use an awakening. Pokemon Centers can awaken your Pokemon.

Confused: Your Pokemon is confused and will attack itself 50% of the time (rolling a 1, 3,or a 6) but will eventually snap out of confusion. The effect won't linger after the end of a battle.

-Type differences: each Pokemon is a certain type and sometimes is a dual type. Certain moves used by an opponent will affect you differently: Super effective, not very effective, no effect, and normal. Super effective attacks do twice the original damage, not very effective attacks do half of the original damage, and no effect means the move doesn't effect the opponent. (Ex: psychic type move against a dark type).

"Well, now that we got that out of the way, let me tell you about the Sodak region. This region is special because it contains a mixture of Pokemon from different generations. Some Pokemon have slightly different traits and personalities, and may even evolve differently. 10 cities are located in this region and 8 of them have gyms. The cities occur in the following order:

Sarcoline City: This city doesn't have a gym leader, but is the home of the famous Professor Hawthorne.

Wende Town: The Water type gym leader Aquis stays here. It's also the home of the day-care center.

Fallow Town: The Flying type gym leader Daw stays here

Cardinal City: The Ground type gym leader Gritt stays here. It's also the home of the Cardinal Cave

Virid City: The Grass type gym leader Bailey stays here.

Smalt Town: The Ice type gym leader Nord stays here. It's also the home of the Smalt Department Store.

Sepia City: The Electric type gym leader Maggy stays here. It's also the home of the Glenwood Maze.

Russet Town: The type gym leader Glyede stays here.

Lurid Town: The Dark type gym leader Sully stays here. It's also the home of the Safari Zone and the Elite Four.

Thistle City: This is the home of the Sodak League and the Sodak Region Champion, Grant.

“Once you have the necessary badges needed, you can enter the Sodak League. The winner of the tournament will have the chance to face the Sodak region champion, and possibly become the new champion. Anyways, now that I've told you about your new home, why don't you tell me about yourself?”

Name:

Occupation (Trainer, Breeder, etc.):

Appearance (Pictures appreciated):

Bio:

Favorite Pokemon (No legends):

Starter:

Inventory ex: 25g, 3 pokeballs, 3 potions:

Travel (with a group or alone):

Starters: Roggenrola (LVL 5)
Type: Rock
Evolution: Boldore (LVL 17), Gigalith (LVL 35)
Moves: Tackle, Harden
Growth Rate: Medium Slow

Timburr (LVL 5)
Type: Fighting
Evolution: Gurdurr (LVL 17), Conkeldurr (LVL 35)
Moves: Pound, Leer, Focus Punch

Fletchling (LVL 5)
Type: Flying
Evolution: Fletchinder (LVL 17), Talonflame (LVL 35)
Moves: Tackle, Growl

System: Damage: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/damage.php (Psypoke Tools :: Damage Calculator)

Experience Points: http://www.psypokes.com/lab/expguide.php (Pokemon Games :: Experience Points Guide)

Stat Calculator: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/stats.php (Psypoke Tools :: Stat Calculator)

Type Analysis: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/typeanalysis.php (Psypoke Tools :: Type Analysis)

Prize Money: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Prize_money (Prize money - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia)

Item Cost: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9_Mart (Poké Mart - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia)

During a Trainer/Gym Battle: During a trainer/gym battle, the trainers can only use a certain number of Pokemon during the battle (1-6).The trainers will use the first Pokemon in their party as their first to battle. (If trainers wish to keep their lineup a secret, they can pm me the Pokemon they want first, whether they want to withdraw/deposit a Pokemon in the PC, or what moves they want to forget). The Pokemon with the higher speed will be able to attack first. (Unless a move like quick attack is used). After a Pokemon's health reaches zero, they will be determined as unable to battle. The winning Pokemon will receive a certain amount of experience and if enough is earned, they will level up. Money is exchanged at the end of a battle.

During a Wild battle: During a wild battle, I will choose a Pokemon from the list of Pokemon in each route (on Route 1, I would choose a Pokemon from the list of Pokemon that live on Route 1) Players can use any Pokemon from their party, so they can gain an advantage (in trainer battles, this is not allowed) If they wish, a player can catch the wild Pokemon using a pokeball (they will be given a certain amount of money to start off). Catching a Pokemon however, provides no experience or money. If the player has a full party, the Pokemon will be sent to their PC.

Jason1140:
-Catching a Pokemon rewards you half the experience as defeating it
-I will decide what Pokemon is encountered
-I will keep track of your Pokemon in PC, their stats, LVL, etc.
-I will control trainers/gym leaders met as we journey (so when going to a gym, I will be gym leader).
-I will calculate damage, exp, stats, and analysis

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
This contains no RP content whatsoever. Posts in the ACTUAL RP board should be in-character - a general description of mechanics and concept, as well as character sign-ups and what have you, belong in the discussion board.

This thread has been thus moved to the discussion board.

This is also not how we generally RP around here. RPs are most definitely not the games, and so there are certain mechanical differences between which.

Kindly read the RP forum rules prior to posting anything else.