• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Black2 and White2 Journey Roleplay

Char here before posting please
https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-black2-and-white2-journey-roleplay-discussion.19374/

She had moved into the Unova region just a few years ago when her father was killed in a house fire dying protecting her and her mother. Now she lives in Aspertia City near a Pokemon Center and a gym that has not been open yet. It was just her, her mother and Blue a Shiny Umbreon who she hatched right from an Eevee in the Kalos region. She got herself ready in a purple and black plad shirt with a tank top underneath that she buttoned up with black capri pants that showed half her legs. She placed on her bandages around her wrists and ankles before putting on her black flats placing the straps to wrap around her ankles to secure it. She fixed her hair leaving it loose as she placed her fedora hat right on top tilting it slightly to cover her bang that was resting over her right eye. She placed her pokebelt around her waist attaching on a gold and black rubic like cub right on it that was given to her by N. She looked to Blue "Ready Blue" she said gently smiled as she sat on the bed. "Umbre!" she smiled.

She grabbed her strap bag and placed it on her before making her way down stairs seeing her mom "Morning Mom" she said smiling gently as Blue followed her down. "Morning sweetie, eat breakfast before you go" she smiled. She sat down eating breakfast as she placed Pokefood down for Blue to eat and of course the sweet ones since she loves those. After a bit she finished her breakfast, she grabbed her mask and hooded cape that hung on the coat hanger and waved goodbye to her mom. "Good luck Sweetie and Blue take care of my JC" her mother said. "Umbre!" she said before following her out. She walked out of her house and met with Hugh her neighbor with his little sister who that she could remember her Purrloin being taken by one of Team Plasma's grunts. "hey Hugh" she said. "Hey JC, what's up?"Hugh asked. "Well actually I heard from my mother that I am getting a starter Pokemon from a girl named Bianca" she said as Blue sat down next to her as his sister went to pet her which she gladly accepted.

"Really that's great now you head on home" Hugh said motioning to his sister. "Ok...and JC please take care of your Pokemon.." she said softly before walking on home. She smiled a bit sadly looking at Hugh, "I won't ever give that day about your sister's Pokemon trust me they will take my power and we will get it back Hugh" she said glancing to him. "Yes I know you will JC I hope I can count on you to do so" he said glancing to her. "So what are you waiting for lets go get your Pokemon" he said. "you don't have to say that twice come on Blue lets go" she said putting on her hooded cape then her mask as she put the hood over her head as she stopped at a stair way which she knew led to a scenery up there. "maybe she is up there Hugh"she said. "That makes sense lets go" he said following her up the stairs.

(just a note Hugh will have the typing of what my char choose which is a Snivy so his would be a Tepig he hatched from an egg)

Last edited by a moderator:
Luke emerged from his home in Virbank. "This place is disgusting and pathetic why have I only been here for three days I thought the island here would have been a little more exotic." Luke held his new partners pokeball in his hand. "Its better to start over here, not only will I climb to the top, but I will have the champions title for two regions." Luke adjusted his jacket's collar and took his belongings with him. Luke looked around the city then at the town map "Ok so the best course of action is to go to Aspertia to collect the first badge then back here." Luke smirked and said "I hope this regions ready for the arrival of a new challenger." Luke let his Pokémon out of the ball and his Shinx emerged and Luke gave him a few pets then walked out of Virbank city.

After visiting Bianca a friend of hers that she hasn't seen for two years to receive her starter Pokemon then her Pokedex mostly her second party member who she named Rosa and then battling Hugh who scurried off after to get stronger once she beat him. She decided to go train herself before the new gym opens close her her town. She made her way to an open area where she could train and let out Rosa who popped out of her Pokeball. "Snivy!" she said looking at her. "Alright Rosa, time to train hard before that gym opens so that we could be ready to battle the new gym leader once its ready"she said gently smiling at her. "Snivy!" she smiled. "Blue will be your training partner go get ready" she said gently. "Snivy!" she said before facing Blue as the training began. "-Blue Shadow ball! Rosa hit it with your tail at full force!-" she said in thought. "Umbre!" she said unleashing Shadow ball right at Rosa as Rosa did her best to hit it back with her tail but it was too powerful and got hit with it as she slide back. "Nice try Rosa it's ok if you get the first time training makes you become better so try again, Blue another Shadow ball just go light on it this time" she commanded as she nodded. This continued on for a while until Rosa got the hand of Blue's battle style and was able to hit her Shadow balls like it was nothing then did the same with her3 iron tail which she deflected quickly seeing her speed stat boost fast almost at Blue speed. "take a break girls you have done well" she said placing pokefood down to rest. She returned Rosa after to rest in her Pokeball before putting her away in her pokebelt. She pulled out her black gloves and placed it on her hands just covering her palms as her fingers showed. She came out from the open area as she looked around as she made her way to the next town.

After some training a bit further up and helping a farmer find his missing Herdier from a Team Plasma grunt and meeting Alder she made her way back to her home town with Blue and Rosa stronger now as she heard from Alder that the new gym opened by a new Gym leader. She made her way back to Aspertia City to the Gym she walked in making her way to another door opening into a battle field. She looked around and saw a familiar face as she removed her mask and hood. "Cheren!" she said surprised. "Your the new gym leader here, it's been like two years since I last saw you" she said looking at him. "JC oh wow look how much you have grown the years have past quickly hasn't it" Cheren said. "Yes but you know why I came here and that is to battle you as a gym leader so don't go easy on me" she challenged. "Hm yes I know JC I will battle you as a gym leader and not hold back" he said as he stood on the opposite side of the battle field as she stood across from him letting out a Patrat as she let out Rosa her Snivy as she watched her opponent closely. She placed her hood up and mask on smiling as she watched Cheren "No holding back Cheren!" she said. "-Rosa Vine whip!-" she said in thought as she leaped up using Vine Whip as his Patrat used tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin woke up that morning, noticing he’d slept in a little bit late. He woke up and gathered his gear. He was ready to get a Pokémon. He walked down stairs only to see his mom. “I’m sure you’ll be okay, but stay safe on your journey! Don’t forget to come visit every once and a while!” She said. Justin walked out the door, and went to Professor Junipers lab to get his Pokémon. He happily chose Oshawott, and as soon as it left the ball, it hopped onto his shoulder. With his Pokédex in hand, he began his training session. He named his partner Buddy, who was very happy to be with Justin. “I wonder what adventures I’ll go on with him!” Buddy thought.

(Mind you, Justin lives in Nuvema town. By the way, @LunarSilvally, I was thinking we could maybe all meet up in Casteilia city? Or maybe Vribank, considering I have to go to Asperita and Virbank to get the first 2 gym badges.)

Last edited:
The noise of hooves trodding against the earth trailed throughout Route 19. Grass softly crunched under the weight of the Pokemon in question as she continued her way south, her trainer hitching a ride on her back. The bushes rustled as the pair passed, a flock of Pidove flying high into the sky over the presence of a human and such a large Pokemon.

There Atty sat- gently bobbing along as her Scolipede walked. The young woman took a deep breath, soaking in the sights and sounds of her home region. It had been forever since she last traversed, and new roads and cities had been built in the last 10 years. The southwestern most part of Unova being an example. Arriving in Virbank just only a couple hours ago, she had taken Pandora out and began the travel back even further, heading towards Aspertia City. She had heard passingbys of a supposed new Gym Leader, Lenora stepping down from her position prior. While she already had the old set of all eight badges, it wouldn't hurt to check out what the new gym was like. Atty's little ride continued until her eyes saw pavement, returning Pandora and letting her have a bit of rest while she browsed the town on foot. It was small for a city- that was to be a bit expected. Aside from Virbank, the scenery out in the south so far seemed more akin to the countryside. That being said, it wasn't hard to find the gym, either.

There she stood outside it's doors, hands holding onto her backpack straps, staring at the building in front of her. On closer inspection, it looked as if it doubled as the Trainer's School for the city. She pursed her lips for a minute, debating whether or not to walk in. As much as she wanted to see what the gimmick was for getting the new Basic Badge, she didn't want to accidentally interrupt a class going on inside...

The battle with Cheren ended pretty well with her winning the battle as the training she did really paid off as Cheren sighed. "So I lost huh even now your tough to beat, I just can't figure your style out JC so here is the Basic Badge" he smiled gently handing her the badge as she opened her badge case and placed it in before closing it putting it away. "You battle well for your first time as a gym leader so don't give me all the credit" she chuckled as he followed. "Well thanks for the compliment but why are you traveling again?" he asked her. "well, apparently Team Plasma as been causing trouble around Unova and it maybe because they are looking for me like what happened 2 years before. Also, a Pokemon was taken from a friend of mine's sister so I am helping him find that grunt who did so" she said returning Rosa.

" Oh I see, well I will have to investigate this once I have time. I will help along the way but, I have my gym leader duties to attend to unfortunately"he said glancing at her. "Don't worry about it Cheren, you have your duties as a gym leader just come when you are available ok. I can handle myself you know,Blue knows that as well" she said gently petting her. "Umbre!" she smiled nudging her hand gently. " I should get going Cheren, I have a long journey ahead but you have gotten rather well how should I say it grown the past two years. You look better without glasses" she said before waving goodbye to him as she did notice a blush under his eyes as she chuckled. "Thanks JC, see you around" he said watching her leave his gym.

She walked out of the gym as she made her way back to the route she came from helping Hugh as she headed to the next town which was Virbank city where Roxie the Poison type gym leader was as Blue walked right beside her. She also hope that she would add a new team member to her party so she won't be oddly out numbered. "(Hm just looking here in my Pokemon book, there is an Absol on Route 13 but luckily Blade is the PC where I left her for her safety so I'll go to the Pokemon Center and pick her up and heal Rosa after that battle)" she said in thought making her way to the Pokemon Center.-

Luke went into Flocessy ranch and caught a riolu to deal with the normal gym. He let both the pokemon out of their balls. “Ok you two are pretty strong already after doing some training here. Lux you will be up first to deal a lot of damage and then Anubis will finish up. Lux the Shinx nodded and Anubis the Riolu gave out a cry of joy.
Luke made his way toward Floccesy town beating every trainer in his way and also battling some kid with spiky purple hair and he was a slight challenge for him, but lost anyway to Luke. He saw a girl at the counter who had her hood up, but he could still see that the figure was female. “You there peasant, step aside and let me use the facility or my new partners here might have to make you move.” His icy blue eyes looked at JC with a smug look as he radiated a cold aura at the same time.

Last edited:
(oooh a very cold type huh well that's just a wrong move to say about JC XD)

She glanced to the male who had rudely spoken to her which was not a good move in her part. "Why should I move when your talking to me rudely like that? An excuse me would have been more polite to say to a person then I would have moved" she said sternly not scared of his look. "Hm and if your Pokemon try to harm me my partner here will obey any order I give her to stop you. However, I don't think it's a good idea to start a fight here in the Pokemon Center now is it!" she said sternly as she saw Nurse Joy come out with her Pokeballs as she grabbed them and put them away. "Maybe you should get your attitude straight before you talk to anyone like that or you will get into serious trouble peasant!" she warned as she moved past him as Blue glared at him with her Gold eyes giving a warning before following her partner out without another word ending somewhere to train in peace as she was agitated. "(Who does he think he is talking to me like that hm honestly people these days this is why I keep my distance!-"she thought disappearing in a part of the forest.

Luke glared at her as she left. “I never meant to start a battle, it would have been an obliteration even now I probably would mop the floor with her. If I had my old partners no one would stand a chance.” Luke put his two Pokémon in their pokeballs and gave them to Nurse Joy and he waited until he got them back and left the pokecenter. He looked around and saw a massive cliff near the top and got an idea. He let his Riolu out of his ball. “Ok Anubis climb to the top of the cliff and use force palm.” The Riolu tried to get up but could not. “Really keep trying until you can get it. Once you do we will challenge the gym.” The Riolu attempted it again but failed, on the third time he almost got up there. The fourth the Riolu did it. “Excellent not come down Anubis. The Riolu looked down and was afraid. “Oh come on ugh fine as you get stronger you will learn to do things yourself.” The Riolu jumped and Luke caught him and they started walking toward Aspertia.

Stretching, a young man could be seen laying across the back of a large Charizard, who was enjoying the breeze hitting her massive body outside of the lab in Nuvema Town while a woman in a lab coat was checking her vital signs with some medical/technological supplies. Seeing that everything was okay, she smiled and told the young man that his Pokemon was fine. Even though the man could've just gone to Striaton City, the large Charizard would've escaped from her Poke Ball every time he returned her, and trying to move an exhausted and potentially sick Pokemon wasn't going to be a good idea, both for the health of the Charizard and the man's poor muscles. Plus, Professor Juniper, the woman in the lab coat, offered to help, which was nice.

The young man slid off of his Pokemon's back, who looked at him with a concerned look, since she wanted him to be on his back to protect him. She was still quite new to Unova and didn't know what could attack him. It was a wonder that she let someone else get close to her.

"Thanks, Professor. Oh, and that Tepig I specifically asked for. Is it here?" asked the man, his baritone/bass voice resonated from the little meadow by the Professor's house to house some Pokemon from other trainers.

"Ah... You see, your Tepig was given to Bianca on accident. She's in Aspertia City. Sorry about that. With your Charizard's health back to normal, a short flight there shouldn't be a problem. I thank you for trusting me enough not to hurt me, Zarda. Thank you for not singing me," chuckled Juniper, albeit nervously. "I'll see you later, Pyros. Have a nice flight."

Zarda just huffed while the harness shifted a bit as the young man hopped on. The man, now known as Pyros, smiled and waved a hand at the professor quickly before holding on to the harness when the Charizard began to flap her wings. "And thank you for being hospitable enough and letting us stay for the night. Come on, Zarda. Let's fly!"

With that, the Zarda's massive wings flapped twice, the grass and dust moving away from the origin of the flapping beast and Professor Juniper's clothing and hair flew back as she held her arm over her mouth and nose to protect herself from breathing in the dust. Smirking, she flapped again and she was brought up into the air by several feet, and then shot upward when she flapped again, now at least thirty feet in the air. She felt the conditions of the wind and found that it was going towards Aspertia City. Thanking the professor again and taking a look at the map and looking where the sun was in relation to the time, he pointed to the direction of Aspertia City, put his map away, and held on as his Charizard zoomed across the sky, using the wind to add to her speed and get to Aspertia City faster.

After about an hour of flying and gliding and enjoying the feel of the air through his flaming red hair with royal blue roots and fanning out his royal blue jacket and flaming red tank top rippling in the wind, they finally made it. The little "city" beneath them was buzzing with some activity as the new Gym was opening. It also looked like a school of sorts. He looked for a girl named Bianca and found someone out on some overlook. That must be her. If not, he looked really creepy dropping down on some random person.

After a bit of maneuvering so that Zarda doesn't land funny and twist her ankle, she landed with a loud thud and the large draconic reptile huffed a little as she ended her flight.

Bianca peeked over her shoulder behind them and found a young man sliding off of a large beast. Seeing his attire and his color, she must've thought this guy was the guy Professor Juniper said she would see soon via XTransceiver. She smiled and held out a Poke Ball with the Tepig inside, her soft voice coming from an adorable, yet cheeky smile.

"Oh, so sorry about all the inconvenience. Here's your Tepig. Luckily, nobody took it. Also, that Pokemon of yours looks pretty tough. What is it? I don't think I've ever seen that kind before."

Taking the Poke Ball, Pyros smiled kindly and bowed his head a little. "You must be Bianca. Thank you for keeping Tepig until I came by. And this is a Charizard, a Fire/Flying-Type Flame Pokemon. It is the fully evolved Pokemon of Charmander, the Fire-Type starter of the Kanto region. They are also capable of Mega Evolving into two different forms, but I don't have that capability. Yet. She's 22 years old and has been with me since I was born and since she had hatched. If you want to know more, just call Professor Oak after asking Juniper about him. He has more information on the species."

"Cool... The only Fire Starter I know of is Tepig. I wonder if Emboar can Mega Evolve..." wondered Bianca.

Pyros shook his head and replied. "I don't think it can. If it can in the future, I'll tell you, but I don't think I ever heard of it having a Mega Evolution."

"Oh darn. It'd still look pretty cool, though. Take care. I'll be here for just a bit longer and enjoy the sites of Aspertia City. And maybe see Cheren... Haven't seen him in 2 years. Heard he's been teaching kids about Pokemon at that large building over there and that he's going to turn it into a gym. Poor guy though. Half of his time will be teaching while the other half will be facing contenders. I wonder if he has enough time to see an old friend for a quick bite to eat. Maybe..."

"Don't worry about it too much, Bianca. Pretty sure he'll have some time, especially on the weekends. Anyway, see you soon. Take care," with that, Pyros hopped on his ride again and she jumped with her large legs, and glided down to the city, right in front of the building. There was a young woman there. Younger than him. She.... Looked familiar... Had he seen her before?

Zarda landed in front of the building and saw a few kids peeking out and gaping at the large Pokemon. She just chuckled softly and waved at her with her claws, with some awestruck students doing the same, but slower. Pyros slipped off and looked at the woman with a smile, greeting her.

"Hello, there. I'm Pyros, and I was wondering if this is the gym school," he looked at the building and already saw his Pokemon being super friendly with the children. "I guess it would be a good idea to go inside. Doesn't seem like there are any classes at the moment."

Last edited:

todoroki

Previously gamora
"Alright, let's hurry it with the make up, people!" Yelled out the Director. This was one of their last scenes for Mystery Doors of the Magical Land 2. Of course, inevitably there would be reshoots, there were many long stressful days. The actor for The Princess was a newbie they had pulled off the street, and she was far from experienced. Sabrina called over Angelo and ordered him to go to the Sawsbucks, not the one in Virbank, the one in Aspertia, she "didn't like the layout" of the one in Virbank, which was dumb, due to the fact that he would be going there, not her.

However, at this point Angelo has learned not to question these things. He had heard stories, and didn't want to cause a psychic breakdown. He took the bus into Aspertia. He almost went to get the coffee, but then realized he had time. Preparations wouldn't be done for another two hours. He could simply say to Sabrina there were bus troubles. She couldn't be mad at him for something he couldn't control, right? Then again, this was Sabrina. He ultimately decided to stay- since getting to Southwest Unova, he'd barely been able to explore outside Virbank and what little there was of Flocessy Town.

He noticed the trainer school. Part time, he had gone down to Virbank Complex and done some battling. Currently with him, he only had Jinju, his Shedinja, and Bastu, his Purrloin. It surely couldn't hurt to test his skills. He noticed the gym symbol on top of the school. While somewhat intimidated, this made him all the more eager. He stepped into the gym, and noticed it was bustling with students and trainers, eager to battle the leader. He saw a sign, and came to the realization this was the opening day of the gym. While crowds weren't Angelo's favorite, the idea of being one of the first trainers to get the badge here was exciting. He noticed the red haired man and got a bit flustered. Then, he became aware of his Charizard. He recognized it, he had studied Kantonian wildlife in school. He stuck his hand out, to give the Charizard a chance to get a scent.

Atty's attention was suddenly drawn as the flapping of large wings took her by surprise. Her hair fluttered in the wind as a Charizard landed in front of the Gym-School hybrid building, prompting the young woman to look up. There was a man with the Pokemon- He looked around her own age, at least. It became hard to tell around the early 20s, honestly. She often got mistaken for being a year or two younger than she really was, meanwhile others who were her age could get called a 25-something year old.

She wasn't expecting him to suddenly walk towards her, either, introducing himself out of the blue. To be honest, Atty felt that she looked a bit lost and clueless just waiting outside of a gym like that, having no idea why she would look like a good source of information. "Oh- uh! I think so? Sorry, I just got here, so I'm not 100% sure. I saw someone walking out of here not too long ago, but they were wearing some kind of mask and big cloak or whatever. I was gonna ask if the new Gym Leader was in yet, but they looked like they didn't wanna be bothered." Her voice slightly tithered, letting her hands drop to her side when she realized she had been fidgeting with her backpack straps. "Do you plan on challenging the Gym? I was hoping to ask if it would be okay that I watched. I already have the Basic Badge, but... It's from the old set, the one from years ago." Her brown eyes watched Pyros, getting a certain vibe from the man. Whatever it was, it wasn't hostile, and Atty seemed to calm down and put her shyness off to the side for the time being. "My name is Atlas. I prefer just Atty, though. It's nice to meet you."

Her soft smile stayed showing on her lips even when she looked over the man, looking back to the Charizard from before. The Kantonian Pokemon had stolen the attention of a couple younger students from inside, as well as what looked like another young man her age, his face dotted with piercings. Looking back to the redhead at her side, she prodded him with what was probably a rhetorical question, laced with a compliment afterwards. "Is that your Charizard? She looks really strong and beautiful, you must take superb care of her."

Rex

Resident Furry
The oddest part about coming home was learning that the Gyms had changed. When Ryan was younger, they had always seemed so permanent, each gym building functioning as a local landmark. The leaders themselves felt eternal, irreplaceable.But, truly nothing could last forever. And so, Striaton, Nacrene, and Icirrus were out; Asperta, Virbank, and Humilau were in. It was the first of these new Gym cities that Ryan found himself in.

Asperta was almost like a mirror of Nuvema Town, located on the opposite side of the region from the Professor's old haunt. It was on the smaller end of the spectrum of Unova settlements, Ryan wondered how it got away with calling itself a city. Once a small, out of the way hamlet few Trainers ever visited, it had been completely remaded when the new Gym Leader, a young man named Cheren, set up shop. The new development radiated out from the Gym - which also served as a Trainer's school - and it was easy to tell, walking the streets, what still stood from the original settlement and what was new.

Conveniently, the Pokemon Center was located on the same block as the Gym itself, the two buildings were practically next to each other. Very useful for children doing battle practice, and Trainers and the Gym Leader himself after league battles. Unlike the other new Gym Leaders, who were both offering completely new badges for Ryan to earn, Cheren was offering Lenora's old Basic Badge. Therefore, it probably wasn't extremely necessary for Ryan to challenge him, but he wanted to give it a shot nonetheless. Roger, his Scrafty, had the advantage against Cheren's Normal Type Pokemon, and needed the practice. Ryan had only rarely used the Pokemon during his travels, so this should be a good warm up match leading into Ryan's new travels through Unova.

He was just exiting the Pokemon Center - he had popped in to check its wares and top off his supply of restoratives - when he saw that a crowd was forming at the entrance to the Gym. Or, more accurately, his Dewott Dodger alerted him to something happening to his right, the Pokemon standing just ahead and slightly to the side of him, then he turned his head to see what the fuss was about. Two Trainers, a man and a woman, both older than him, were standing there. They were joined by a singular Pokemon, a Charizard, standing nearer to the man. That was one of the Starters of the distant Kanto region, and it was quite surprising to see it all the way out here. A small crowd of children was starting to form around the Fire Type, it obviously wasn't something you saw everyday.

Still, this building was where Ryan needed to go to, so he gave Dodger a nod, and the two approached. The woman was a clash of pink and black, Ryan's eye was drawn to her choker, more specifically the rainbow colored stone embedded in it. This woman had a Mega Pokemon, she was not someone to be trifled with. The man was large and imposing, dressed in reds and blues, but nothing about him caught Ryan's eye the way the woman's Key Stone did. To be fair though, very little would.

"Am I late to the party?" he called out to the pair as he approached. He stopped a few feet away, not wanting them to feel like he was invading their space. Dodger glanced up at him, then at the two other Pokemon in turn. Ryan smiled, "Are we all waiting for a chance to take on the new Leader or have I seriously misread the mood?"

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
A pair of black cloaked figures entered Aspertia City as gust of wind blew leaves around in front of them. The slightly taller one adjusted his backpack on his shoulders. This was 15 year old Parker Bell, participant of the Sinnoh League. After losing in the top 32 to a red cloaked trainer with a rather menacing black Pokemon, he had decided to come to Unova to challenge the gyms and study battling habits of the local trainers. He wouldn't return to Sinnoh until he had defeated the Elite Four of another region.

"Okay King, this is supposed to be where the first gym is... although all I see is a group of trainers outside of what seems to be a school."

King nodded, also aware of the small group. Even though King lived here for a small portion of his life, he never really left the area outside of Route 9. It was, for the most part, his first time seeing Unova as well.

"Well, we could always ask them where the gym is. It's the first one, so I can't imagine it to be too difficult."

King nodded at his trainer once again as the two of them began towards the other trainers.

She came out from the deep in forest after training her Pokemon for the next gym she will challenge as she was going to head to the Pokemon Center to heal Blade and Rosa after training so hard. Blue walked beside her looking at her with her gold eyes. "Lets go back to Aspertia City for now Blue"she said. "Umbre!" She followed after her trainer as she arrived back in Aspertia City seeing the gym a bit occupied. "Hm seems Cheren had a lot of battles to face maybe we should watch what do you think Blue?" She asked her glancing down at her. Blue smiled as she followed her towards the gym.-

Luke arrived in Aspertia and saw a Charizard and a group of trainers outside the gym some with very powerful Pokémon and looked to be experienced trainers. “Really you peasants didn’t bother to start your journey over giving yourself no challenge until the pokemon league. Where is the sport in it? I wish to test my might here I started over with my new partner, Lux and my newly caught Riolu. Now where is this gym leader I want off this putrid island as soon as possible.”

todoroki

Previously gamora
Angelo winced at Luke's comments. This was a typical behavior for the sort of actors he dealt with at Pokéstar. He was on a tight schedule himself, and really, if he wanted to battle, would have to do it soon. He saw a chance to prove that he should be able to take the challenge."Wait your turn. I-if..."

He stuttered a bit. Considering he didn't work for Luke, he could say all the things he'd always wanted to to his employers. "If you're going to be an entitled ass about it, then you can just leave this 'putrid island'."

She made her way back inside the gym as she unexpectedly ran upon the guy who rudely talk to her. "Well well look who the pests dragged in a mouth with no respect to anyone and not to mention his attitude problem" she said coldly. "Also don't disrespect people either its rude!"she said as Blue glared at him as she glanced at the Charzard gently petting it before crossing her arms. She noticed Cheren come through seeing her "Hey JC, what are you still doing here I thought you would head to Burbank city already"he asked. She glanced to him "Well I was training first before the gym and I just decided to come back for a bit before I head off as it seems you are busy here" she said. "Whats the matter you seem irritated?" He asked.

"This boy over here spoke rudely to me at the Pokemon Center and not to mention this nice young man here with his Charzard and that irritated me"she said coldly.

"Excuse me sir I except you to treat our trainers with respect and please apologize to this young man and my friend here and if you are here for a battle then you have to wait your turn as you can see I am occupied right now!"he said defending them.-

Callie was wandering around Aspertia, when she noticed a group of trainers quarrelling outside the gym. Sami let out a low growl. “Geez. I just came to challenge the gym.” She muttered as she approached them. She wanted to go inside, but they were blocking the entrance. “What’s all the fuss about?” She asked Atty, who happened to be closest to her. Sami stared intently at the Charizard, happily waving her tail at the sight of another fire type.

Luke looked at Angelo and then smirked “Oh wow look at you, can’t really get the proper words out can you. I’d say let the more important people go first and I think I’m a champion of Sinnoh and want to be a champion of Unova, and even more regions to be the greatest trainer of all time. I plan to surpass Red, Blue even Gold.” Luke then saw the girl from before and the gym leader appear and tell him off. “Fine I don’t have time to squander here and fraternize with you commoners.” Callie arrived and caused Luke to groan. “Great another one I’m going to Virbank then I will be back here expect an actual challenger.” Luke left the group and headed to Virbank city.

She huffed "Smartmouth...thanks Cheren for that at least he left that guy only cares about power not friendship in his Pokemon but anyway are you alright sir" she asked glancing to the male who he disrespected. "Hey its no problem now excuse me I have another challenger to face" he said leaving after that to his gym.-

“Hmph. I’m not about to waste my time arguing with a jackass like him, anyways. Sami, let’s go.” She called to her Houndoom, who was examining the Charizard from nearby. “Sami.” The Houndoom snapped out of her trance, and followed her trainer into the Aspertia City gym. Callie looked around curiously. A Trainer’s School? This can’t be right. She wandered around the trainer’s school, but eventually found an exit to outside. She spotted Cheren, who met eyes with her.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin realized he’d have to get to Castelia City before he could get his first badge, considering it was in Asperita City. He decided to make his was there. On his way, he stopped in Accumula Town, Striaton City, and Nacerene City, just to visit the place there. He stopped at the restaurant that used to be a gym, and had a good meal there.
He then continued on to Nacerene, where he toured the museum. Buddy had already grown into a Dewott, and he was strolling Pinwheel Forest. A Venipede came at them, but Buddy blocked it, looking at the Venipede. It was a different color than most Venipede, and it looked injured. “What the... what happened? That must be one of those shiny Pokémon, right? Justin thought. He picked up the Venipede and helped it with a Potion. After the Venipede woke up, it was a bit frightened by Justin. This Venipede was also curious why he had helped him, after acting so vicious. “You’re up! Sorry if I’m scaring you...” Justin said, and walked over to it. “Why are you a different color than those other Venipede?” Justin asked. The Venipede looked like it was going to cry after this. “Don’t worry, I think it looks cool.” Justin told the Venipede. The Venipede perked up a bit. “Hey, would you like to come with us? I haven’t caught another Pokémon yet.” Justin asked. The Venipede nodded, and was captured by a Pokéball. “Let’s see... I’ll name you... Boss!” Justin thought. Justin let Boss out to meet Buddy. They got along pretty well. “Welcome to the team!” Buddy said. “I’m glad to be here!” Replied Boss. They continued on to Casteilia City.

As more and more people approached, some of them less-than-inviting, Atty felt a little part of her die inside. The last thing she wanted was so much attention that, inevitably, some random dickweed would come out of the works and criticize her. She stared in disbelief at Luke, who had a lot to say for someone who didn't even know her name. When he mentioned being "champion", though, it hit her he was one of those types of people. As much as she wanted to defend herself, her span of anger twitching at the need to lash out and get physical, she remained in place. She stood, silent, looking over everyone. Callie, Angelo, Pyros, Rex, and the two others who she found to be rude and a bit uninviting. Granted, she only actually knew Pyros' name so far...

She huffed, feeling no longer thrilled by the idea of sticking around to watch someone battle. Although she wasn't about to call her home region "putrid", she found herself caring less and less over time about whoever this "Cheren" guy was anyways, even if he did tell Luke off. "Whatever, I'm leaving," She didn't bother to stick around for any introductions- It was likely that no one would care, either way. She watched as Callie went inside, Cheren following her, likely for a battle of some sort. It was enough of an excuse for Atty to bail without another word, picking up her feet and heading to the Pokemon Center nearby.

(I like to maybe have my char meet someone if that's alright @Justin Hardin)

She had left the gym early saying goodbye to Cheren after his challenge battle and she would see him around. She made her way to route 20 as she looked around but heard a rustle in a bush. She made her way to the sound as she looked behind it seeing an injured Venipede "Poor thing what happened to you it's alright I won't hurt you just to help sweetie" she said softly gently holding her. She fixed her injuries with a potion she had before playing her down. "Vene! Venipede(Thank you trainer)" she said gently giving a happy expression. "Your welcome but how did you get hurt like that" she asked. "-I was attacked by sparrow badly but I gave them a punch of my poison point-" she said. "Tough little one aren't you..do you want to join me I can raise you to be strong into a Scolipede" she offered as she pulled out her special Luxury ball as she had 5 of them. The Venipede looked at the Pokeball and smiled. "Venepede!" she smiled touching the Pokeball with her head as she was sucked in as it shook three times as she let her out. "Welcome to the team, for now on your name will be Stella" "Venepede" she smiled climbing onto her lap as she let out Rosa her Servine who evolved already from her training. "Rosa, Blue this is Stella our new team member" she said as they both greeted her instantly becoming friends.

She returned Rosa and Stella before making her way back to the farm to catch a Riolu who she named Belle. She decided to do more training before entering the Virbank city gym as she made her way into Virbank City hoping to not meet that guy again that was so rude to her. She huffed as she looked at how beautiful Virbank really was as she made her way to the port that wasn't open yet which she had to take to get her next badge as she looked out at the ocean. "Nice scenery huh girls" she said looking at Blue, Rosa and Stella. "Umbre!" "Servine!" "Veni!" they say smiling.

Last edited:

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
(@LunarSilvally I’m a bit confused. Pinwheel Forest is in the beginning area of Black and White 1, I’m only strolling through it because Justin is from Nuvema Town, and needs to get to Asperita Town on a ferry to fight Cheren)

Justin made it to Casteilia City. He’d explore more of this metropolis later. He had trained up his Venipede a bit, and was ready to challenge a gym, but needed to get to Asperita Town. He bought a ferry ticket, and was on his way. He kept moving along, and made it to Virbank City. “Ah, the great Virbank City. I’ve heard much of this place!” He said, and began walking toward the gate to route 20. He went along and trained some more. Buddy looked to Boss, as they were getting along so well, and he wanted to know what happened. “Boss, I don’t mind if you don’t tell me, but why were you I jnjured and vicious at the forest back there?” He asked politely. Boss looked a bit depressed, but began. “In the forest back there, the other Pokémon made fun of me because I was differently colored. I became very vicious and angry, and scared them away. That same day, my mom... she... human poachers had captured her.... that’s why I was vicious towards Justin. I was injured because three of the Pokémon I scared were back at it for revenge. All the others felt sorry for me, but they stayed away because of what I had done...” he told Buddy, tearing up. Buddy tried to lighten the mood by telling Boss something special. “Boss... you’ll never be alone again. You’ll always be with us! Justin wouldn’t abandon you or leave you behind. I know he wouldn’t!” He told him. Boss became very happy with this. Justin had made it to Flocessy Town, and met this astonishing Alder. He took an instant liking to the man. He then stopped at the Pokémon Center. “Let’s rest here for a bit, okay?” He told his Pokémon. And so, they rested up at the Flocessy Town Pokémon Center.

Luke went back into Virbank city and looked around in disgust. “Just one more day here and I’ll be out of these slums.” Luke went down to the Virbank Complex to train and found a feisty growlithe attack. “Hmm intimidate as an ability not bad at all. Lux attack with spark.” The Shinx attacked and struck the growlithe twice, and the growlithe attacked back with ember. “Ok you’re my new partner in my conquest.” Luke threw a pokeball and the growlithe broke free. The growlithe attacked again with ember and Luke once again threw a pokeball this time catching it.

“Excellent I will name you Argos. Hmmph what’s wrong Lux, ahh evolution excellent.” The Shinx flowed with a bright light and evolved into Luxio. Luke let the growlithe out of the pokeball to train and then headed to the Pokemon Gym that was next to his home.

“Damn gym leader has always been too loud, but whatever she will feel my fury.” Luke walked into the gym and went directly to Roxie, but she was distracted. “Of course she can’t hear because her ghastly music is too fucking loud.” Luke yelled this out and the other trainers stopped playing the music and Roxie looked at Luke. “What did you say, punk.” Luke grinned “Finally I’m here for a battle if your music is as bad as your battling skills then this will be no test of might.” Roxie enraged threw out her Koffing and Luke threw out his newly evolved Luxio.

She was able to enter the Virbank gym but heard a battle going on as she walked past it to another part of the area of Virbank seeing pipes above as she leaped up for a much better view as she returned Stella and Rosa for now as Blue leaped up after her. "This is even a better view Blue was do you think?" she asked her seeing her smile. "Umbreon!" she said watching the scenery waiting until the battle was over to get her second gym badge but she had this feeling that it was that rude guy challenging Roxie.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Reminder that pure OOC posts should be saved for the discussion thread - removed one or two of those.
And for the love of zark, LunarSilvally (and everyone else) - stop abusing text formatting. It's obnoxious, and just because the feature exists doesn't mean you should spam it. A bit of italics as emphasis is fine. A whole wall of text in italics is kind of an unreadable eyesore.

More and more people flocked to them, and Zarda got more and more anxious. She quickly walked back towards Pyros and her tail was around Pyros in a protective fashion as she growled a little. When Luke came by and started to spout nonsense towards Pyros, Pyros began laughing. It started as a chuckle, but then became a wheezing mess as she struggled to hold himself upright. Is this guy serious??!! si this guy actually serious?? I can't believe this kind of guy is getting mad at me! Like seriously, I didn't do anything and he just assumed everything about me. I am already loving and hating this guy, thought Pyros. He had to hold himself upright by using his Charizard's side as he just metaphorically died laughing, his Charizard huffing slightly. As Pyros was being defended by more people, he just tried to wave his hand nonchalantly at them, saying he was fine, but he couldn't stop laughing.

Zarda noticed a Houndoom nearby and the woman petting her. She allowed the woman to pet her, since she was nice enough to defend her trainer, also her perceived son. She waved to it with her wing before paying more attention to what was going on.

Then... Everybody left. Weird. Pyros wiped away tears from his eyes before standing up straighter and stretching his limbs. Someone had already walked inside the gym school and the person he had seen had just walked away. Seeing that he was going to have to wait, he rushed to the person who was walking away, who happened to be Atty.

Zarda caught up, her feet banging against the road as the two caught up with their familiar friend. After catching up to her, he smiled and apologized, even though it wasn't his fault, it was a habit of his. "Sorry about back there. By the way, you seem familiar. Atty, huh? Were you at Mistralton City? I swear I've seen you before. I think you were watching my sister defeat Skyla... I don't know, I don't have the greatest memory. It's been a few years."

Atty was almost to the sliding doors of the center when the noise of heavy footsteps caught up with her. She turned, expecting it to be some other person ready to bother her, but it was just Pyros and the Charizard from before. As expected, the fire-type was following close behind, indicating that she belonged to the redhead.

The young woman slowed down her pace to a stop, looking a little off gaurd when he apologized. "It's alright, it's not even your fault," She forgave him easily, looking between both the man and the Pokemon. "I'm just not a big fan of negative attention, y'know? Even if that guy was spewing BS, I don't wanna end up getting mad and causing even more of a scene." Her tone was sheepish, even apologetic now, despite walking away sounding like the best option in her case.

When he mentioned seeing her somewhere before, her face gained a light red hue, looking a bit caught off-guard. "O-Oh? I mean... Maybe? I am from Mistralton, you got that right. But, I've been off and on away from home because I travel so much. I mean, when I went to get my badge, Skyla's grandpa was still technically the leader because she was still too young to take over- That was 10 years ago." There she was, fidgeting with her backpack straps again. "Me and her are kinda closer than people assume, actually, so I do like to visit her whenever I'm back home... So maybe I was there when your sister was battling her?"

Rex

Resident Furry
Ryan whistled. Well, that was a lot of things to happen all at once. A number of people had come and gone, a small argument had broken out. Someone with an inflated ego called themselves the Champion of some region or other, Ryan didn’t catch which. Still, he rolled his eyes at that, people made ridiculous claims like that all the time, and this dick really didn’t have the decorum necessary to be a Champion.

Still, one of the two people Ryan had actually attempted to talk to - the woman - got overwhelmed and fled the scene, heading for the Pokemon Center. Another girl, who Ryan hadn’t originally noticed due to the Charizard hiding her from sight where Ryan was standing, followed a man identified as Cheren into the Trainer School. Presumably, that man was the Gym Leader then, Cheren wasn’t exactly a common name.

Ryan looked over at the man with the Charizard, who was also taking his leave, and shrugged to Dodger. “Where’s everyone going, bingo?”

It seemed like Cheren was in fact taking challengers right now. It seemed pointless to Ryan to wait outside, so he entered the Trainer School. He found Cheren near the back of the building, staring at, and being stared at, by the girl. They both looked to be about Ryan’s age, maybe a little younger. She had the most horribly garish hair color - he wondered how she found time to dye it if she was a traveling trainer - and had a Houndoom by her side.

“Am I interrupting something?” Ryan asked, this whole thing was getting kind of weird.

Cheren blinked, then looked over at him, “No, of course not. Were you looking for a battle?”

Cheren was dressed proper, in a white dress shirt and blue slacks. He had a rather large orange ascot around his neck, and shoulder length black hair. So this was the man who replaced Lenora. He looked a little young to be a teacher, the fact that he was probably spoke volumes about his skill as a Trainer.

“I was, yes,” Ryan said.

Cheren nodded. He glanced back at the girl for a moment, then back to Ryan. “At what level are you competing?”

“Well, I’ve got the original set of eight badges from a couple years ago, and two of my strongest Pokemon. I was hoping for a match against some of your stronger Pokemon, to test my skills.”

The Gym Leader motioned for Ryan to follow him out the door, “I have just the thing in mind. If you’ll follow me, we can get started.”

The arena was a simple dirt training field behind the school. There were several such arenas throughout the field, and the two men took their positions at either end of the one closest to the building. Ryan could see some of Cheren’s students watching from the school windows, hanging around to watch their teacher fight even though they had been dismissed. Once they were all a little older, they’d be doing this too.

“The terms of this battle are simple,” Cheren explained, “It’ll be a two-on-two double battle with no outside help. We continue until both Pokemon on a side have been knocked out, or until one of us forfeits. Do you find this acceptable?”

Cheren was a no-nonsense sort, Ryan appreciated that. He nodded, “Sounds good.”

The Gym Leader grabbed two of the Pokeballs off his belt. Ryan took one of his own and nodded at his Dewott.

“Go! Stoutland, Watchog!”

“Let’s give them a show, Dodger, Roger!”

Three flashes of red light, and between the trainers stood Cheren’s two Normal Types and Ryan’s Scrafty. Dodger moved from Ryan’s side to take his own place on the battlefield. From his side of the battlefield, Cheren laughed.

“If you think you’ll overwhelm me with a simple Type Advantage, you’ve got another thing coming. Stoutland, Work Up. Watchog, Super Fang.”

The Stoutland held back, and was enveloped in a red glow, while the Watchog rushed forward. Was his plan to keep Ryan busy with the latter until it was time for the former to come clean up, then? Well, two could play at that game.

“Dodger, Swords Dance. Roger, Low Kick.”

The Dewott drew both of his scalchops, extending the blue razor shell blades from them. He rested them together, then focused. Meanwhile, the Scrafty rushed forward to meet his approaching opponent, dropping into a slide as their distance closed.

“Detect.”

The Watchog leaped over Roger’s attack with ease, then tucked into a roll on the landing. They’d both swapped places, Roger tried scrambling to his feet, but the Watchog was faster.

“Now, Confuse Ray.”

The Watchog locked its glowing eyes with Roger’s. Ryan cursed himself as his Pokemon’s eyes turned red, he’d underestimated his opponent.

“Dammit! Dodger, Water Pulse!”

“Detect.”

The Watchog rolled again, easily evading the ring of water the Dewott sent its way. Cheren was toying with him, and meanwhile the Stoutland was continuing to work itself up. If he was going to have any chance at landing a hit, he would have to close distance, and fast.

Luckily, Dodger had just the move, “Aqua Jet!”

The Dewott rushed his opponent, propelled by a jet of water. There was no detecting its way out of this one, the Watchog took the hit and was sent sprawling. Now, he just had to press the advantage-

Unfortunately for him, by now Roger had found his footing, eyes still red as he suffered under the effects of confusion. Before Ryan had the chance to give his next order, the Scrafty ran over and slugged the Dewott in the face, mistaking him for his opponent. Ryan groaned inwardly, the Dewott stumbled from the sudden blow, and the Watchog was standing again.

Cheren smiled, “Better luck next time. Slam!”

The Watchog whipped its tail around, and smashed it into Dodger. The Water Type crashed into the ground at the Normal Type’s feet, his scalchops went skidding across the battlefield.

“Revenge!”

Climbing back into a kneeling position, the Dewott’s body was surrounded by an orange aura. Then he punched the Watchog in the gut. The Normal Type doubled over, winded, and easily in range of another punch. An uppercut to the jaw knocked it on its rear, after which Dodger stood up fully.

Roger lurched at the Dewott again, but the Water Type wasn’t having it. Dodging around the punch, he grabbed the Scrafty by the arm and molted skin pants and used the Fighting Type’s momentum to pick him up and toss him to the ground. Then it was back to the Watchog, still sitting.

“Sand Attack.”

And then it grabbed a fistfull of dirt and tossed it in Dodger’s eyes. This was going embarrassingly bad. Every time it seemed like Ryan was getting somewhere Cheren revealed he had just the counter strategy. The Dewott was left futilely trying to wipe dirt out of his eyes while the the Watchog stood over him. Then Roger blinked, and the red light cleared from his eyes. Huh, maybe things weren’t so bad after all.

“Roger, Low Kick!”

The Scrafty lifted himself on his hands and swung himself around, sweeping the Watchog’s feet out from under him. The Pokemon landed on its back.

“Brick Break!”

And Roger was on top of it in an instant, one hand on its chest to hold it down. He raised his fist, and then punched the Pokemon in the head. And then again because he was still ticked about the whole confusion thing. And then a third time.

“Hyper Fang!”

Or it would have been a third time, had the Watchog not bit down on the Scrafty’s hand. Roger shouted in pain.

“Payback!”

The Scrafty’s other hand came up, enveloped in a dark aura. One final punch, and the Watchog went slack, letting go of Roger’s hand in the process. The Scrafty rubbed his injured limb, and Dodger was only finally using his water to get some of the gunk out of his eyes, but the momentum was finally in Ryan’s court. All that was left was Stoutland.

“You’re doing well so far. Stoutland, Play Rough.”

The only way Ryan could think of to describe what happened next was a body check. The Stoutland rammed into Roger full force, then bit down on the Scrafty’s shoulder and tossed him across the battlefield like a ragdoll. Once he hit the ground, he did not get back up. The Pokemon was down for the count, Cheren had leveled the playing field once again. Only now Dodger was hurt, and the Stoutland in perfect health.

“Retaliate!”

The Stoutland hadn’t moved from where Roger had been standing yet, and Dodger was more than close enough to strike it. The Dewott spun, smacking his tail into the Normal Type’s head. It didn’t even flinch.

“Thunder Fang.”

The Stoutland bit down on Dodger’s tail, electricity coursing through its teeth and into the Water Type’s body. To add insult to injury, it then tossed him as well. Thankfully, unlike Roger, the Dewott was able to get back to his feet.

“Take Down.”

The Stoutland charged. Ryan wasn’t sure if Dodger could take this hit. Suddenly though, everything clicked.

“Dodge it with Aqua Jet!”

Another jet of water propelled the Dewott out of harm’s way. He landed near his shells had wound up, and grabbed them. Good, Dodger was armed again, maybe they still had a chance.

“Now, Focus Energy!” Ryan ordered.

Dodger extended his Razor Shells once more. He’d barely had the chance to assume his normal fighting stance, but they were too far along now for him to only use one of his weapons. By now Torrent was surely active, and combined with his focused damage and the first Swords Dance, Ryan knew how he could win this. Dodger carefully watched his opponent.

“That was clever, and I have to give this little guy credit, he’s a lot sturdier than he looks,” Cheren said, “But it’s time to end this now. Giga Impact!”

Faster than Ryan thought possible, the Stoutland shot off at the Dewott. It was now or never, they’d practiced this before, time to see if they could pull it off in action.

“I’d say we’ve reached our Limit!” Ryan called out, knowing his Pokemon would understand.

The Dewott shot out a Water Pulse. It wasn’t much, just enough to make the changing Pokemon stumble. It’s attack interrupted, the Dewott launched forward on an Aqua Jet, into the air above Stoutland. Next came an Aqua Tail, using the force of the attack to turn the Stoutland into a springboard, launching him higher.

If the Stoutland hadn’t been fully driven into the ground, the Hydro Pump that came next surely did the trick. Finally, after all this gained upward momentum, Dodger started to fall back to earth. Translating the fall into extra force for his final attack, he brought down both his Razor Shells into the Normal Type, before collapsing onto his hands and knees, the watery blades disappearing from his shells once again. Now for the moment of truth, the Stoutland…

Did not get up. Cheren clapped, “Congratulations, you did very well.”

Ryan breathed a sigh of relief, “We got lucky, more like.”

The two returned their fainted Pokemon, and Ryan pulled a super potion from his bag for Dodger. It would hold the Dewott over at least until they got to the Pokemon Center. The two Trainers approached one another, and Ryan knelt down to start caring for his Pokemon.

“Luck may have played a part in it, but your Pokemon are strong, and they trust you implicitly,” Cheren said, “Some of your moves were outright inspired. You’re clever, and can think on your feet. I can certainly see that you deserve those eight badges you already carry, and that includes the Basic Badge Lenora gave you.”

The Gym Leader held up a finger, “However, your tactics need work. You’re headstrong, and you rush into danger too easily. Your Pokemon are powerful, and you understand the ins and outs of a battle, but without a better appreciation of strategy, you’ll never make it any further than you already have.”

Ryan stood again, having done all he could for Dodger. Cheren’s words stung, but he could see the truth in them. Over reliance on brute force had been one of the things that ruined his last attempt at the Championship, and even after a few years traveling, he still hadn’t fully given up that habit. Cheren extended a hand for him to shake.

“Don’t look so sour, you won!” the Leader smiled, “You have the makings of a truly great trainer. You’re already good at thinking on the fly, now it’s just a matter of learning to plan ahead.”

Ryan nodded, allowing a smile of his own. He grasped Cheren’s hand, and shook it. “You’re right, thank you. It’s been an honor facing you today.”

“Two towns over is Virbank City. It’s a port town, so you can take a ferry to Castelia City from there,” Cheren explained, “Before you go, though, you should try and face Roxie. She’s the Gym Leader at Virbank, and I think you could learn a thing or two from challenging her.”

Ryan chuckled, “Thanks, I plan to!”

Roxie’s badge, unlike Cheren’s, was entirely new. Ryan had intended to fight her anyway, simply for the novelty of eventually having ten out of eight badges for the Unova League. Cheren was right though, he could learn a lot from facing the Gym Leaders as something closer to their peak strength, rather than them having to hold themselves back for less experienced Trainers. Heck, if Cheren thought it would be a good experience for him, who was Ryan to deny it?

Ryan took a moment to help Dodger to his feet. The Pokemon took a few staggered steps, but soon found his footing. The Trainer felt bad, but the Dewott was far too proud to allow Ryan to carry him. They followed the Leader back into the school, where Ryan was surprised to find the girl still waiting. No time to wonder about that though, they needed to head to the Pokemon Center. Roger needed rest, and Dodger’s Super Potion was only a temporary fix. As Ryan left, Cheren looked back at the girl.

“Were you also looking for a battle, miss?”

Back outside, Ryan made his way to the Pokemon Center. He passed the man and woman from before on his way, again making sure to give them extra space. He didn’t want to make the woman feel overwhelmed again, after all! Then it was back into the Pokemon Center, where he’d started this whole mess.

The nurse bowed a tad as he approached the counter, “Welcome, how can we help you today?”

“My boys are in need of some healing,” the Trainer explained. He took Roger’s pokeball off his belt and handed it to her, then helped Dodger up onto the counter.

She accepted the Dewott as is with a smile and a nod, “It’ll just be a few minutes, may I have a name to call when they’re ready?”

Ryan gave her his name, and thanked her for her help. He then went over to the small waiting area and had a seat, to think about what Cheren had told him.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker watched a little surprised as a majority of the group left the city, he didn't even have a chance to speak up before an argument broke out. Before he could say anything, however, another trainer exited the gym. The trainer's Pokemon were injured, but he appeared to have beaten the Gym Leader.

"Well would you look at that King, we're not the only competent ones here! Think we could battle him eventually?" Parker said in a monotone voice.

King shrugged his cloaked shoulders, the trainer didn't appear to be anything stand out to him. Parker usually had a better intuition when it came to these things though. As the two of them approached the entrance to the Gym, an plain look young man with black hair and a white button up shirt came through the door. He addressed the girl standing by, asking her if she wanted to battle.

Ah, this must be the Gym Leader then...

"Excuse me. If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to fit in a third battle today? I was looking to challenge the Gym as well."

Cheren sighed and pushed his glasses up on his nose.

"I don't see why I wouldn't be able to, but you're gonna have to wait. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you should learn to be a little more patient."

Parker sighed and pushed his glasses up as well.

"Y-You're right, I'm sorry. I'll be waiting out here then."

todoroki

Previously gamora
Seeing as he was really in a hurry, and Cheren wasn't occupied, Angelo took this moment to get to initiate his challenge.

"Excuse me, er, Sharon? Could I please get a challenge?" He inquired. Cheren sighed, peeved by the mispronunciation, but he let it slide, seeing as it was something he'd have to put up with at the Gym. He adjusted his tie into position. He explained the context to Cheren who very reluctantly obliged- he had just turned down a trainer, after all. But even Cheren was not impossible to convince.

"Alright, step out onto the battlefield." He ordered. It had been a long day and he knew in his career from now on he'd have to put up with a lot of days. Still, he was relieved to having not been challenged by the Sinnohian kid. Angelo obliged, getting ready his Pokeball, holding Jinju.

"The battle will be a basic one on one," the referee called, "The first trainer to have their Pokemon faint is the loser."

Cheren sent out a Lillipup. Angelo fawned over how cute it was for a moment, then shook himself out of it. He pondered sending out Jinju, but realized it was probable his Lillipup knew Bite. "Go, Bastu!" He called out, sending out his Purrloin.

"Lillipup, Work Up!" Cheren called out. The Lillipup stomped up and down, gaining energy.

"Bastu, Fake Out!" The Purrloin jumped over to the Lillipup, appearing as though he would Scratch him, before hitting the Lillipup with his tail, making the Lillipup flinch and lose his focus.

"Well played," commented Cheren, "But that's not gonna stop me. Lillipup, use Work Up again!"

The Lillipup repeated what he had done before, and Angelo knew trying to flinch him again wouldn't work. "Bastu, Fury Swipes!" He called out. Bastu scratched Lillipup repeatedly, but the Puppy Pokémon held it's ground. "Lillipup, Tackle!" Cheren yelled. Lillipup headbutted Bastu to the ground, doing loads of damage to him, but Bastu still got up, standing on his two feet.

"Bastu, you can do it! Use Foul Play!" Bastu utilized the power from Lillipup's Work Up for this attack. Critical Hit! Lillipup fell to the ground, whining.

"Well played, using my attack boost for the Foul Play. You have a lot of potential, you know." Cheren was disappointed to have lost his third, fourth battle today, he could hardly keep track. "Okay, here's the Basic Badge and the TM for Work Up. Good luck, if you do really end up continuing a gym challenge. It's really up to you, but I'd say it'd do you better than your current situation in Pokéstar Studios." Angelo thanked him, and got back on the bus towards Virbank. He opened up his C-Gear. 5 missed calls from Sabrina. Yeesh.

Luke and Roxie had a stare down for about a minute before Luke called out an attack. “Use bite now Lux.” The Luxio attacked the Koffing and Roxie called out a command for poison gas. Luke looked at the Luxio and back at Roxie “Too bad I don’t have any antidotes I will just knock you out before the poison can affect my Pokemon.” Roxie became more enraged at the blonds comments as Luke called another command out. “Use spark this time Lux.” The Luxio gathered electricity and charged at the Koffing doing moderate damage. The Koffing used clear smog and left the battlefield foggy. Luke grinned and said “Lux finish it off with another spark.” A golden glow emerged from the smoke and attacked the Koffing and it went down.

The Luxio suffered a lot of poison damage but was still standing. Roxie grounded her teeth “I still have two Pokémon left you haven’t won yet, go Grimer.” Roxie threw out a Grimer as Luke kept his Luxio in battle. “Lux use spark, get as much damage off before you faint.” The Luxio used spark as the Grimer dealt some damage with tackle and after the tackle from the Grimer, Luke’s Luxio fainted. Luke returned his Luxio and sent out his Riolu. Roxie laughed “A fighting type really what can you do with this.” Luke grinned and said “You’ll see.” Roxie called out for the Grimer to use tackle and it out speed the Riolu some how and attacked the Riolu, but the used counter to deal the damage back. Roxie looked at Luke who still had a grin. “It’s not over yet wipe that smile off your face.” “Oh I don’t think so, Anubis quick attack.” The Riolu attacked finishing off the Grimer.

Roxie threw out her Whirlipede and said “Ok my final Pokemon beat this one and you get your badge, but I will do all I can to make sure someone like you never gets one.” Luke grinned and had his Riolu use tackle as the Whirlipede used venoshock to knock out the Riolu with a critical hit. Luke looked a little stunned, but decomposed himself and threw out his final pokemon, Growlithe and had it immediately attack with ember. The Whirlipede used Venoshock again getting good damage against the Growlithe, but not enough. Roxie then had it use protect which angered Luke and he said “Enough of this time for my purpose to be known and for you to be defeated. Growlithe use ember one more time.” The growlithe used ember after the Whirlipede’s protect wore off knocking out the pokemon. Roxie looked at Luke and sighed and walked over and handed him the Toxic badge and said “Here take it and go away.” Luke accepted the badge and put his Growlithe back in its pokeball, and walked out.

Last edited:
Callie approached Cheren, and he cleared his throat. “You’re Callie, right? I’ve seen you around before.” Callie nodded in response. “That’s me. I came here to challenge you, Cheren.” They looked each other in the eyes. “I hope you’re ready to challenge me, because I’m no pushover.” He smirked, and Callie crossed her arms, scoffing. “I’m not about to lose. I would use Sami, but she’s too strong. These Pokémon will be your opponents instead.” Callie sent out Kira, her Dewott; and Remus, her Riolu. “Hmm. A double battle, then?” Cheren asked, fiddling with two of his Pokeballs. “Alright. Lillipup, Patrat, let’s go!” He sent out two small, energetic normal type Pokémon. “I’ll give you the first move.” Callie pushed her long ponytails behind her back, and got in a stance to command her Pokémon. “Fine. If you say so.” Cheren pointes at Kira. “Lillipup, use Tackle on that Dewott, and Patrat, use Work Up!” The Lillipup charged towards Kira, but Callie wasn’t going to let it hit her successfully. “Kira, catch that Lillipup and then throw it! Remus, use Force Palm on it after it lands!” Her Dewott did as told, throwing the Lillipup with all her might towards the wall. Remus came towards the Lillipup, and landed a powerful Force Palm on it. A direct hit! “Quick, while it’s distracted, Patrat use Tackle on that Dewott!” Kira was hit head on, sliding backwards. “Kira, are you okay?” Callie asked, and she nodded, rising to her feet. “You’re going to make this a real challenge for me, aren’t you?” She asked, and Cheren nodded. “Of course! I’m a Gym Leader!” He laughed, crossing his arms. Callie had a feeling this would be harder than she thought.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Angelo stepped into the Studio. "Where have you been?" Sabrina solemnly asked, her voice quiet, but angry. Luckily, Angelo had planned an excuse.

"My bus broke down," He said, a little proud of the lie. Sabrina was annoyed, but couldn't really blame it on him, and calmed down. "Where's my coffee?"

Fuck. Angelo realized he had completely neglected that. "Er, it broke down on the- wait, uh, it broke down the bu- wait," Angelo's lies were bleeding through and Sabrina had yelled. Sabrina had been trying to lower her psychic outbursts, that was part of this job. It was a part of Angelo's job as well, but he was so excited to be working with the leader at first that he didn't care. So, Sabrina channeled her anger into something else. "You're fired." She said, before walking off to do her take. Angelo stood still in shock, before going over to Stu Deeoh, to talk about it.

"Look, if Sabrina won't work with you, there's nothing we can do," he said.

"B-but this was how I was going to try to start working as a filmmaker! If I lose this job, I-"

"Listen kid, you know about battling, right? Why don't you go on a, Pokemon Journey, whatever. Catch em all, you know? If that doesn't work out, nothing's stopping you from making movies."

It had to be a sign, that he was told this today of all days. Angelo pulled himself together and accepted, heading towards Virbank Gym, but before he left, walked back and flipped his middle finger off to Sabrina, who wasn't looking. She turned around and he hid it swiftly and anxiously. Okay, maybe he had been ambitious enough for today.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Justin had just left Flocessy Town and headed past Route 19 to Asperita Town. He found the place big, but serene, like Nuvema Town. He then located the gym. He went inside to fight Cheren, a person he had heard of from Professor Juniper.
He noticed a girl, with another Dewott and a Riolu was already challenging Cheren. He could wait, and he took a seat in the stands. “Man, what a matchup! Let’s hope that challenger wins, hey guys?” Justin said. Both Buddy and Boss(now a Whirlipede) agreed with their trainer. “You can do this! Don’t lose to him!” Justin shouted, trying to encourage the other trainer.

Luke was walking up the street from Virbank and saw the man from Aspertia walking. “Well the man who stuttered last time we met, tell me how did your gym challenge go. I’ve already beaten the Virbank Gym and once I beat the one in Aspertia I will be away from here and in Castelia city. That said I will need a first class ship ride.” Luke sneered and held a poke ball as his Luxio was at his side.

Last edited:
Callie looked back at the boy who was encouraging her and smiled, holding a thumbs up. “Thanks! I won’t lose!” She turned back to Cheren. “Alright. Remus, use Force Palm on Patrat, and Kira use Revenge on Lillipup!” The Lillipup took the hit hard, and the Patrat was still up and raring to fight, despite Remus using Force Palm. “Ah! Lillipup, are you okay?” He asked, as the Lillipup slowly and shakily rose to its feet. “Alright, Patrat use Work Up, and Lillipup use Bite on that Dewott!” Callie shook her head. Time to do something risky. “Remus, step in front of Kira and catch that Lillipup before it lands that Bite!” Remus stepped in front of Kira like he was told, but wasn’t able to catch the Lillipup in time. It landed the Bite on Remus instead, and he growled as he held his ground. “It’s okay! We’ll work on that later!” Callie called to him, as Kira stepped out from behind him. “Kira, use Revenge on Patrat, and Remus use Quick Attack on Lillipup!” Kira was successful in her attack, leaving the Patrat weak, but Remus was flinching so he didn’t move. “Okay Lillipup, use Bite on Riolu, and Patrat use Scratch on Dewott!” Once again, the Lillipup landed the attack. Remus was down on one knee, trying to gain back his strength, and Kira had managed to dodge the Patrat’s attack. Remus really wasn’t looking so good, and Callie felt bad. She knew that move was risky for her to call, and he was just starting out.