• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 Details From CoroCoro

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Corocoro-B2W2-1-400x300.jpg

Pokémon fans have been waiting for this moment all week. Japanese magazine CoroCoro has finally leaked, and we now have a few very interesting details to do with up-coming main series Pokémon games Pokémon Black 2, and Pokémon White 2. Read on to find out more!

Read More

Re: Pokémon Black 2 & Pokémon White 2 Details From CoroCoro

:D Omg I'm like fanboying over these new character designs I absolutely love them ♥ The researcher looks cool

The female protagonists hair looks really cool I've been waiting for that hairstyle to be used on a character :p

I really like the male protagonist design but I think it might possible get a lot of unnecessary hate because it might look a bit too homo in some peoples eyes :p

And the two new gym leaders look good :D And starting from a new place and seeing Unova pretty much completely revamped with these new gyms/place/pokemon (technically they are old xD) looks like it would give a much better experience then just having the generic 3rd instalment :p

OCTOBER HURRY UP NOW SO I CAN BUY THESE GAMES!!! D<

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I actually like how the new trainers look. D:< Though the rival's spiky fro or whatever is... meh. XD

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

The hair on both of the new player characters scares me, but I personally think the male protagonist looks alright. They're certainly no worse than previous Pokemon player characters. XD

I can't fully comment on this news right now (gotta run), but I'm stoked. Loving that we're getting a brand new starting location and at least two new gyms/gym leaders.

Shiny Eevee said:
I actually like how the new trainers look.

*Satoren forever shuns you

j/k; Actually, what I notice is that the new protagonists' outfits seem more casual, particularly the Female protagonist. They look fine but...visors? Ewwwww. The Male protagonist makes it worse by having hat hair that's even worse than Ash's! And what is with the wetsuit under their clothes?

As for the new NPCs, I think Homika is adorable and Shizui looks pretty cool (if not a tad generic) as a Water Gym Leader~ Maybe Homika's the new token loli since Iris is older now? Either that or she's wielding a giant Scolipede guitar. In any case, glad we finally got a punk rock-style character; and a new Poison Gym Leader to boot! (We haven't had one since Fuschia Gym) But what is with Akuroma and his weirdass curly blue hair?!

Also also I assume Shizui and Homika replace the Striaton triplets and Lenora, given that the entire East side of Unova seems to be frozen over.

These scans really surprise me, since it looks like BW2 is looking to be an actual sequel, and not just a 'third game' for the Unova series~

Are there actually 8 new Gyms, or do these two Gym leaders simply replace older ones, like how Juan replaced Wallace?

I am not exactly sure there are 8 New Gyms in this game.

Loving the princess leia hair, I'm going to have so much fun taking the mickey out of my fiance as she hates star wars!

Even though golduck was in the wild in unova, I'm annoyed it'l be around so early on as #26 in the pokédex. Still, i'm very happy to have a bunch more older pokémon thrown in for good measure, i've played through black and white with all the unova pokémon now (except stunfisk and vullaby) so some more variety with teams is good, and a few new attacks won't go a miss either =)

Maybe gen 5 really is the massive change in pokémon they promised it would be =)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

precita said:
Are there actually 8 new Gyms, or do these two Gym leaders simply replace older ones, like how Juan replaced Wallace?

I am not exactly sure there are 8 New Gyms in this game.

No idea yet as it hadn't been stated just which Gyms the Leaders are in charge of. At a guess I'd say they'll replace two leaders, maybe they'll go as far as to replace the whole lot (This does seem to be the generation for changes, and we still have a few months before their Japanese releases). Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Overall I am very excited about these two games though. Slightly sad we're only two years in the future (I'd made guesses of 5-6 years ahead x3), but it does seem like a lot has happened in those two years, so I can't wait to see the changes. :)

The two playable heroes don't look half bad either. Least I think they look a bit more normal then past heroes.

I would have guessed that these two new gym leaders replace Lenora and the Striaton triplets as stated by RX. From what I saw I think the 8th gym leader could be a dark type as there was a double battle with a Tyranitar and a Weavile (With the looks of things) and the backdrop isn't the same as Grimsley's unless he has gained a new backdrop :| This is presuming it isn't just a regular battle.

In my opinion I think a great majority of Gym Leaders will be replaced I think Elesa, Clay and Burgh are the safe gym leaders in my opinion (Unless something silly like Burgh got frozen in Pinwheel Forest) As Brycen is forgettable and kinda old although he could become a central part of a plot about an ice type. Skyla has other duties with her flying.

I think this maybe pretty obvious but I the frozen part of Unova will be defrosted after the plot with Kyurem has reached its end :p

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Rileyixx said:
I think this maybe pretty obvious but I the frozen part of Unova will be defrosted after the plot with Kyurem has reached its end :p

I would like to think this then makes way for a Battle Frontier somewhere~ (Nope, I will not give up wanting my Battle Frontier back!). It'd make sense it just comes down to if GameFreak wanted to do that or not.

Demelza said:
I would like to think this then makes way for a Battle Frontier somewhere~ (Nope, I will not give up wanting my Battle Frontier back!). It'd make sense it just comes down to if GameFreak wanted to do that or not.

I know the map we have got so far isn't very clear but there does seem to be some buildings at the other side of the mountain to Undella Town that could be the Battle Frontier (It could be Abundant Shrine however :| ) unless they place it where Black City/White Forest was

EDIT: Just looked and it is the PokeTransfer Lab heh

Another thought sail from a ship to a small island from Castelia or place it Anville Town :p

Wow, I'm really liking these changes. I was hoping Unova would undergo drastic changes, but I never guessed something like this. One of the things for my BW wishlist was that the new trainers would start from a city instead of a po-dunk town and it's finally happening! I really like the female protagonist (once again); the male protagonists? He'll have to grow on me.

Like everyone else, I'm STILL hoping we get the usual third game perks such as Move Tutors and the Battle Frontier. In addition, I want to see what role Hilda or Hilbert plays. I love to see them in a role similar to what Red plays in HGSS.

I know I'm commenting into this too much but I've stared at that researcher/professor and I'm like certain he is Team Plasma D< Just look at his clothes under that lab coat they look very Plasma-esque to me >=O

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Akira Rose said:
Like everyone else, I'm STILL hoping we get the usual third game perks such as Move Tutors and the Battle Frontier. In addition, I want to see what role Hilda or Hilbert plays. I love to see them in a role similar to what Red plays in HGSS.

All of this. :up: I'm sure we'll either receive some sort of Battle Frontier-ish location or an expansion to the Battle Subway. Either would suit me fine.

That said, I'm guessing from these screenshots that one of my wants (to have Pokemon traveling with you outside their PokeBalls again) isn't going to happen in BW2. Shame, but I can live without it (for now)~

The increased Unova 'dex size is great for me. Like RLRL, I've already trained a good portion of the Unova Pokemon. Having more choices might save me from needing to breeding/trade over half of my team. :angel:

I've stared at that researcher/professor and I'm like certain he is Team Plasma D< Just look at his clothes under that lab coat they look very Plasma-esque to me

Honestly, that was my first impression of the guy too! That hair. The expression. He's totally evil. |D

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

This is the first good step on the road to justifying these games. Knowing that the games will be completely different to play from the start is just bloody refreshing. I am kind of excited by the possibility of getting to see Unova under a new light, and expanding the Pokedex is extremely welcome at this point. All that said, though, the game will look exactly the same as B/W (give or take a few menu palette swaps) and the features and mechanics will be more or less identical.

At the end of the day, this is still little more than what should be an expansion pack, and we're being asked for full price for that - on a DS game.

I'll get one of them regardless, but seriously, it'll take a hell of a lot more to remove the stench of disappointment the release of these games invariably bring. These should be whole new experiences on the 3DS - either in their current form as a B/W sequel, or as a whole new land/Generation. There's just no way to not play these games and not wish that instead of this poorly displayed DS game, your 3DS was doing something more worth its pricetag.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Doctor Oak said:
At the end of the day, this is still little more than what should be an expansion pack, and we're being asked for full price for that - on a DS game.

I'm not really sure what your point is here, aside from the bit that they're DS games. BW2 is already looking to be better than Yellow/Crystal/Emerald/Platinum, and all of those cost full price. Even if BW2 were labeled as expansion packs they'd still likely cost the same amount. Why would Nintendo take a cut in profits they know they'll be able to generate?

But even then, any PC game expansion packs I've ever bought that added this level of new content (new characters, new locations, a new plot, likely a new online mode or two, etc.) were priced at a very similar cost as the original release. I can't comment on DLC content because I've never seen any packs that revamp a game to this extent.

I'm not saying BW2 priced full is a fair deal, but it is what it is. I wouldn't expect anything different from Ninty.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

The GTA IV expansion packs were basically whole new 20 hour games and went for £13.99 each. I could get both of those and some change for the £35 Nintendo will be asking for a DS game coming out a year and a half after the system was made defunct.

Bottom line is, any DS game - regardless of what name is on the box - should be at least £10-£15 less than a 3DS game when released today. Really, they should be hitting £20 at most and be happy for that, given the rather cheap development cycle the games are getting by reusing almost all of B/W's engine and assets.

Also, these games shouldn't even be on the DS in the first place.

This concept is interesting and it is good to see new characters but I have to agree with Alex here that it is going to be too expensive for a DS game especially when there is a superior model on the market with the 3DS and even if it was marketed on the 3DS it would still be a similar price so I don't see why Game Freak/Nintendo keeping putting the main series Pokemon games on the DS

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator

Doctor Oak said:
Bottom line is, any DS game - regardless of what name is on the box - should be at least £10-£15 less than a 3DS game when released today. Really, they should be hitting £20 at most and be happy for that, given the rather cheap development cycle the games are getting by reusing almost all of B/W's engine and assets.

Also, these games shouldn't even be on the DS in the first place.
The thing is, and you know I agree with you that they should be on 3DS, I can't see the problem is. This is offering significantly more for anyone who already owns the games for exactly the same money as the previous third games. Before, even in Emerald - my favourite third game - they just added Battle Frontiers, tightened things up, added more available Pokémon, etcetera, and they still asked full price.

At this point, the argument of how the games should be on 3DS is completely academic; they're not. I think the fact that we're being offered complete, justifiable sequels shouldn't be dismissed just because they're on the wrong platform.

And on a slightly more cynical note, Nintendo know full well the sequels are going to sell really well at full price. With that logic, why the hell would they reduce the price, just because they're targeting a far bigger audience?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord

They'll get away with it, just as they have before, but that doesn't make it any less of a valid complaint. Especially now that we'really also now in a position where Nintendo's big market rivals in handheld gaming are selling full gaming experiences for under a fiver a go.

Ultimately, it won't impact the amount of sales these games rack up, but that's because we're all consumer whores and will gladly lap them up despite how much of a rip off they'll be.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four

When I saw these I squeed very hard and nearly fan-gasmed. I was in the school library getting strange looks from people too! XD

But seriously, this is amazing! I love the new characters, Homika looking especially badass. I'm glad we have a new Poison-type Gym Leader finally. Now all we need is a Dark-type Gym Leader and I'll be happy. I can't even begin to describe how much I'm looking forward to this now! :up:

I'm rather mixed with these, I hope they however have new limited edition DSis like B&W had. Those were awesome and I missed out on them. The starter pokémon I still don't like and will drop him off as soon as I get the same type from the wild (Whimsicott to replace Serperior, Seismitoad instead of Samurott, and anyone in place of Emboar).

Wow, this was a surprise. It is a sequel :3 and rather cool too~ *no pun intended D:*

Anyway, I'm a little excited they added more to the pokedex this time around. It'll make things seem more...I'm not sure what the phrase I'm looking for is...but, overall, BW2, so far, is giving me a feeling of what GSC was like to RBY, just within the same generation. Its beautiful, actually. Plus, since two years have gone by, it makes you wonder what happened to Cheren, Bianca, and the "PWOTAGONIST" *shot*

The character designs...I like em, I guess, though I do wish they did something different with the guy's hair. I won't lie, it's kind of making me lean towards playing as the female. Which reminds me, I think this is the first time that a female protagonist's legs are completely covered for once *as in no skin showing for once* :D And does anybody else get a Princess Leia vibe from her hair :p Probably just me.

Now the rival...he kind of reminds me of the HGSS Ace Trainers in a way. And his looks, I really hope we get some sort of Blue/Silver combination: A guy who just naturally pisses you off while insulting you and everything you believe in, while staying one step ahead of you. To be honest...if he turns into another N, that will disappoint me greatly. Speaking of which, I wonder if he'll appear :p Probably yes.

The new character designs are amazing to me compared to black and white part 1. But I ask how will it play out ~evil~

This is bringing back my hype for Pokemon.
Can't wait for these to come out. Totally getting White 2.

So exciteddddddd. I'm glad that they're taking a slight risk by deviating from the formula with new protagonists and more changes to the world map.

I am disappointed that walking your pokemon hasn't come back. :/ I'm hoping that they're going to bring that back, plus numerous other interactions with 3DS features (e.g. pedometer = pokewalker), with the 6th gen 3DS pokemon game. I'd like to see customizable protagonists as well, even if it's just changing hair/eye/skin color.

http://youtu.be/fpvgzDiKjDg

Not sure how official this video is, but it's supposedly some black and white 2 footage... Looks promising, I like the look of the home town, I think if the first pickings of wild pokémon are lillipup, azurill and most likely patrat, all I'll be doing is abusing pickup for a while until I can get an eevee =)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

RLRL said:
http://youtu.be/fpvgzDiKjDg

Not sure how official this video is, but it's supposedly some black and white 2 footage... Looks promising, I like the look of the home town, I think if the first pickings of wild pokémon are lillipup, azurill and most likely patrat, all I'll be doing is abusing pickup for a while until I can get an eevee =)

The video is actually very official. It comes from last weekends edition of Pokemon Smash, I wrote a report on it here, and somewhere within the report it links to a site with a bit more footage on. :)

And likely same here, I hope we get Eevee quickly xD