• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Battle Revolution

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
So today the first Wii Pokemon game was announced. If you haven't heard, then you are lame. :) That can be remedied by our (rather sparse) page on the game: http://www.pokecharms.com/games/Wii/battlerev.php

So, opinions, flames, joyous optimism?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you haven't heard, then you are lame. :)

Amen to that ^__^

I've already rambled on enough for this in the news comments, but I'll summarize it.

We were bound to see one of these games sooner or later, and I'm just happy it happened sooner. A few months after D/P's release is a nice aim IMO, though whether they'll actually hit their mark I'm skeptical about. Either way, very cool video footage. Even if its the same ol' models from Colosseum, they look so bloody great now. Just keep that Flygon model far, far away from me and all will be well... Mostly.

Connecting attacks are muchly wanted. Been wanted since the first Stadium for that matter. About time someone did something about it :p The new attack animations look purdy aswell. Still disturbed by the fact that Pika attacked twice in one turn, though. Silly, godmoding rodent...

Crossing my fingers for online abilities. At this point I really don't care if we see another 3D RPG mode or not so long as the game is online. D/P will be filling my Pokemon RPG quota at that point anyways ;D

I wonder how long it'll be before people start up about a Wii Pokemon MMORPG? XP

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
A few months after D/P's release is a nice aim IMO, though whether they'll actually hit their mark I'm skeptical about.

Well, Genius Sonority have had sod all else to do since wrapping up Trozei at the end of last year. (And of course, not everyone on the team worked on that game anyway - so this could have been going for a lot longer) Considering that it's clear that most of the groundwork in restructuring the game following XD has been done or is on the road to being done following that demo, it's unlikely that GN will miss their date.

Tis worth noting that while they've only actually made 3 games, none have been delayed. They've also all been out here a mere month or so after their American counterpart, so definitely some optimism deserved.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/pbr_sp/

New video goodness. A high-quality vid at that.

And if people hadn't heard by now, slated for December 14, '06, in Japan.

It corresponds to NINTENDO Wi-Fi connection for the first time as software for Wii.
It will be able to enjoy 3D battle of power with the friend in the whole country. I will introduce it in detail in the future.

LOL... Good ol' Excite translator ^^

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It bothers me how in this video and the last one, it was the DP Legends vs Hoenn Legends and the Hoenn Legends are getting rather pwned, time and time again, by the DP ones. Why, because they're NEW? Oh the flucking pain.

Gah, those poor Hoenn legends! DP egends, don't hate on them cuz they're old! Bad DP legends. *smacks DP legends*

Oh, and this is on-topic...so, since the Genius Sonority games always get here fast...no more than about 4 months-ish, that's putting this game at getting here in April at the very least, right?

Are they going to time it similarly to the US release of DP as Japan did, or is it coming sooner? Like...nyaaa...I just wanna know when the US DPs are gettin' here...T_T

Because three months before April is January, and people are saying February is the DP release date...so...yeah...*stops mindless rambling*

Has NoA said ANYTHING about the new games?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm... They may have alluded to their existence at some point ;)

There's been no official statement on D/P's release date outside of Japan, so anyone saying February is merely predicting when it'll be. Battle Revolution is in the same boat, though I'd say it's likely that the two will be released closely together (at the most a few months apart).

Edit: Sorry. Read your post wrong, Persian ^^;

...Thanks. So the guesses are still February, hm? Month of cold wind and sometimes rain...hmm...*stares out window* It's like, two miles from school to the electronics store. If it's raining...and I have an umbrella...hmmm...

...What did you think I said? @_@

But NoA is bugging me. They said the release date for RS, like, right when RS released in Japan! CURSE YOU, NINTENDO OF AMERICA! >_< Get those games over here NOW! And Battle Rev, too, so I can play it at my friend's house! >_