• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon as a Game Series: Growing or Failing?

Pokemon was only meant to be a 10 year franchise and how long has it been going for now. Since 1995 so around 13-14 years.

This is a sign that the pokemon franchise wont cease for some time and even if the anime was to stop i believe the games would still be made.

I think that its going down memorie lane and its getting worser pokemon red and blue and yellow and gold and silver were the only good and creative ones although there old people want them

I'm not sure. I like Pokemon a lot, but I wish they would make more games for wii. PRB is great, but if they would do a game similar to the others for wii I'd love it. I don't think they will get anywhere just making games for the DS.

Yikes. It's really hard to read sentences without punctuation and proper grammar, people.

I'd say that the franchise is definitely growing. What, with Global Trading and the Wi-Fi Plaza, there are just so many more options of what to do than to simply go around and killing yourself over how your going to catch the elusive Mankey in Route 1.

The only thing is that Pokemon Platinum isn't as different as I had expected. The main plot line of D/P is there, and the finer details haven't been forgotten, either. For example, chasing the Galactic Grunt from Pastoria City all the way to Lake Valor.

But they're definitely not getting lazy with the sprites, contrary to popular belief. They make new sprites for every game's original PokeDex, and they upgraded all of them in D/P. If they were being lazy, then we'd still be seeing the Ruby/Sapphire Sprites in Platinum.

One thing that I'm generally annoyed about is the lack of a new start for each Pokemon game, as portrayed by VGCats. Overall, though, I'm enjoying the games, and that's what matters the most to me.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Yikes. It's really hard to read sentences without punctuation and proper grammar, people.

Soren, this is borderline mini-modding, which is against the rules. If you see a post that is breaking rules, use the post report function instead. I won't punish you for it this time since this is a very minor offense in my view, just make sure you avoid doing it again because I won't be so lenient next time.

[quote author=Soren The Grand link=topic=536.msg96953#msg96953 date=1239891239]

Soren, this is borderline mini-modding, which is against the rules. If you see a post that is breaking rules, use the post report function instead. I won't punish you for it this time since this is a very minor offense in my view, just make sure you avoid doing it again because I won't be so lenient next time.
[/quote]

Oops. That rule obviously wasn't elaborated on enough, then, because this is the rule most relevant to what you're speaking of:

"1. Enforcement of the rules shalt be executed by the Administrators and Moderators of PokeCharms alone. We hold the right to take whatever action - or not to take whatever action - against violators of these rules and policies. Therefore, if you have any requests for us to look into things - you may PM us and inform us or use the report button. However, please do not try to police the board yourselves. That's what we're here for.

... In other words, when you see a SPAM thread, don't go around posting "This is SPAM." We're perfectly aware it is, and we'll take care of it."

Personally, I think that my statement was fine. I wasn't even really "policing" so much as making a tiny rant. But whatever, I'm getting off topic. Sorry if I offended anyone.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Either way, it's not your place to criticize people's grammar, especially when the people who have posted in this thread have had OK grammar for the most part. Asking people to improve their grammar if their post is difficult to read due to poor grammar is OK, but as far as I'm concerned what you said was unnecessary in this instance.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter. I didn't punish you for it, I simply told you to avoid doing that sort of thing again.

Either way, it's not your place to criticize people's grammar, especially when the people who have posted in this thread have had OK grammar for the most part. Asking people to improve their grammar if their post is difficult to read due to poor grammar is OK, but as far as I'm concerned what you said was unnecessary in this instance.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on the matter. I didn't punish you for it, I simply told you to avoid doing that sort of thing again.

Will do. As I've gotten far off-topic, I feel it is my responsibility to further contribute to the thread.

One other thing that is beginning to bother me in the franchise is the overall puffy atmosphere I get when looking at new Pokemon. They aren't as high detailed, which seems to lower the quality of the gameplay for me.