• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come and join me in a journey through Alola catching Pokémon, beating gyms, making friends

Rules: NO Double Post,
NO Swearing,
NO over level Pokémon at the beginning

Character Sheet:
Name
Pokémon
Appearance
Personality

Here's mine
Name: Maddie
Pokémon: Getting a starter Pokémon in Alola
Appearance: Blue Vest With Fur Collar, Black Shorts, Pink Sandals, Light Brown Skin, Black Hair
Personality: Friendly to all Pokémon, Kind, Lets some of his Pokémon out of their balls

"Hello Alola!" yelled Maddie from his Window "In this Region people say Alola" said his Mother "Cool I'm going to get my first Pokémon!" as he ran out the door "Be safe, first time my baby is going on his own" as she unboxed their stuff. He ran over to the Professor's house he knocked "Hello?" said the professor "Alola, I'm here to get my first Pokémon!" "Oh your Maddie Right?" "Yep "Come inside" they went inside "Here are three Pokémon that contain Rowlet the grass type, Litten the fire type, and Popplio the water type what do you choose?" he thought it for a moment "Ok I choose Litten!" he picked up his pokeball and thanks The Professor as he ran out the door he bump into someone? "Ow I'm Sorry..."

Last edited:
Twelve year-old Delilah Waters had already gotten her starter maybe ten minutes before him, and halfway along her adventure she'd discovered she forgot Pokeballs and a Pokedex. She was heading back when a blur of colors smacked into her, barreling her to the ground. She rolled once, twice, and shuffled up into a standing position, dusting herself off as a stranger apologized frantically. She stood, light brown hair sticking in every direction due to the awkward tumble.
"It's okay," she muttered, wiping a scrape of dirt from her freckled cheek. She looked down to see someone about her age, with light brown skin and black hair. She smoothed out the stray strands of her hair. She didn't recognize him, and her eyes narrowed a bit. "What's your name?" she asked curiously.
Name: Delilah Leanne Waters
Pokémon: Just started her Pokemon adventure; Rowlet
Appearance; Delilah is a pale skinned, short girl with light brown hair that goes to her shoulders in thick layers of curls. Her eyes are a chocolate brown, and her face bears many freckles. She wears simple things, like jean-shorts and a simple off-the-shoulder olive green tee, as well as a pair of simple black sneakers and an industrial bar (look it up) shaped like a Decuideye's arrow on her left ear.
Personality: Delilah is a sweet person, and is rather caring to people and Pokemon alike, however she favors the latter. She's a bit sarcastic, and tends to crack jokes that aren't always the best. Regardless, she's a really good person at heart.

Name: Noah the Dragon Tamer.
Pokémon: Shiny Dragonair, Shiny Druddigon, Infernape, Frillish, Fraxure, Kingdra.
Appearance: Peach skin, Yellow torn-up scarf, Red Jacket with Yellow sleeves, Yellow pant with Red stripes, Brown Hair, REd/Yellow boots.
Personality: Modest.

*before Delilah met Maddie*

Noah was walking down route 1, when suddenly, a trainer pushed him aside to run to get his first alolan pokemon. the trainer said sorry as he kept running. Noah got up steadily, putting his hat back on his head. Noah's dragonair, which on occasion came out of it's poke ball, rubbed it's head on Noah's arm to heal him the bet it could, Noah pat his Dragonair's head, and said ".i'm okay, Dragonair."

Name: Ella Couffaine

Pokémon: A plusle named Sparkle

Appearance: Ella has blonde hair, tied up in high pigtails, and she wears a large white bow on top of her head. She wears a yellow tank top, black shorts, and white toms, and she carries a black backpack, on top of which her plusle often sits. During the winter months, she wears a yellow coat, with a black fur trim, and black tights, with yellow ankle boots.

Personality: Bubbly, tomboyish, and she really likes electric types.

------------------------------------

Having noticed the commotion at the laboratory, Ella bounded over, along with Sparkle. She couldn't stand the sight of seeing anyone hurt.

"Arceus, what happened? Are you guys ok?" she asked.

Delilah looked up at the newcomer, trying on a small smile. It fit her face.
"Hah, yeah, I'm okay. Sorry again, I'm such a klutz," she chuckled, reaching out her hand to help Maddie up. Her Rowlet caught up to her, flapping it's wings as it perched itself on her shoulder.
"Ack!" she flinched, forgetting she'd gotten a Pokemon at all. "Sorry.. This is Aeolus." she chimed, swelling faintly with pride. Her own Pokemon!

Noah walked up to Delilah and held out his hand so she could shake his. he said "hello, i'm Noah, the dragon tamer."

Ella's eyes lit up. "A rowlet! Cool!" She squealed, "They're one of the starters they give out in this region, right?"

Sparkle stood proudly before Ella, puffing out her chest.

"I'm Ella, and this is my partner pokemon, Sparkle!"

The girl smiled at the other stranger, reluctantly shaking his hand.
"Dragon tamer?" she echoed softly, her eyes widening a bit in awe. Whatever that was supposed to mean, she was impressed. "I-I'm Delilah," she said, again, grinning up at them.

Noah said "i'm from dragon village in unova, but anyways, i'm just off to get my first alola pokemon, wanna come?"

Ella pouted, unwilling to let this 'dragon tamer' push her aside. "I don't need a starter pokemon, since I already have my plusle, Sparkle," she began, before starting on the dragon tamer, "And you can't just push people aside like that! It's really rude!"

Delilah stepped away as they started bickering, opening her mouth to say something only to promptly shut it. But after a moment she let words pass.
"Hey! Both of you drop it! Please?" she shouted over them, shutting her eyes tightly. She looked back up with a worried expression, already wanting to start over. "We're all trainers here." she mumbled softly.

Name: Charlie
Pokémon: Getting a starter Pokémon in Alola; Popplio
Appearance: Hair silky and a soft blue shade, dull pink eyes and pale skin; Charlie has a rather frail complexion and it doesn't help that he's always trembling. He wears a plain white t-shirt and cargo shorts with white sandals.
Personality: Shy and nervous at first Charlie is extremely loyal and passionate but that can be overshadowed by his fears

"Yeah, uh- thanks you." Charlie muttered as he put up a hand to gesture the professor a formal goodbye, the other hand he used to gently hold his new pokeball. The other two starters were taken already, making Charlie wonder if he was late- but he didn't mind his pokemon. Hesitating for a while, Charlie took a deep breath before sending out his companion who blink slowly before grinning.
"Pop!" the water type exclaimed excitedly before blowing a bubble and jumping onto it, Charlie flinched at his pokemon's burst of excitement before nervously laughing. "Hi." the boy smiled kindly as he gently patted the pokemon's head, then he was forced to look up at a fit of screaming. It was a whole group of trainers, in some kind of argument. Charlie gulped and stood shakily, was those his rivals? Or his friends? Either way, they were pretty intimidating, he didn't want to introduce himself.

Delilah took notice of a quiet looking boy watching them from afar. She didn't say anything, but in the midst of the argument, she offered a tiny wave and a small smile, which evidenced a hint of a dimple in her cheek.
Aeolus, her aforementioned Rowlet, was not as subtle, and made a squawk-like noise at sight of the Popplio, which made the girl wonder if they'd been friends before the aspiring trainers had sought them out. Possibly, but something told her otherwise. Still, there was a chance.
The excited Rowlet was immediately at their side, cooing occasionally, by means of communication. Mortified, Delilah sprinted, skidding to a stop in front of the boy and plucking her bird straight from the air.
"Oh- Arceus, I'm- I'm so sorry-! I didn't know he would- I just got him- Literally ten minutes ago- I, uh-" she took note of the fact that she was rambling and looked at her shoes, studying a fleck of dust. "...I should probably go." she cringed, flicking her Pokemon as a way of softly scolding, and awkwardly turning to walk away, her cheeks aflame.

Ella pouted, holding onto the straps of her bag. She hadn't the time to deal with this Not when there were pokemon to be captured, and trials to be done.

"I'm off to Hau'Oli City," she declared, "I have pokemon to catch!"

Name: Glitch (Real name is Chlo)
Pokémon: Raichu (not Alolan), Jolteon
Appearance: “Glitch” is tall, for her age, up at 5’ 6”. She wears a yellow tank top and black shorts, and a chain necklace holding an electric stone. She wears black boots. Her eyes are a bright green, and her hair is short and black, usually pulled up in a short ponytail.
Personality: She isn’t that much of a talker, and usually would rather talk to her Raichu. To close friends, though, she is kind and bubbly.
(She just moved from Kalos a few weeks ago)
—————

Glitch sat under a tree, eyes on Raichu and Jolteon play fighting. “Jolt! Jolteon!” Jolteon taunted the mouse Pokémon in the language the pocket monsters spoke. Glitch smiled and grabbed two Poképuffs from her bag and asked, “Who’s hungry?”
Both Pokémon looked up and trampled over, eyes shining like electric stones.

Noah looked at the girl and her two Pokemon, and he walked up to her and said "hi, I'm Noah, Noah the dragon tamer, from dragon village, do you wanna have a Pokemon battle? I am warning you, I am pretty strong."

Name Ray Grim
Age 14
Gender Male
Pokémon Gengar named Griny. Shiny Mimikyu named Janitor.
Appearance Ray is very tall and skinny, most of the time wearing a black suit with a small pocket watch in it and a pair of yellow rain boots. His eyes are dark green, and his hair is black and while a little roughed up is pretty normal. He always wears a thin smile which is creepy.
Personality Ray is polite but quiet most of the time but when he feels like to he can be very talkative. He is not one to make friends with human but likes Pokemon especially the undead ones. He never uses his pokeballs always keeps his team out but they are not usually with him they go where they want to go and when he needs them he calls for them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ray was walking through a forest, though a bit lost he would never admit it. After a long time he was just about ready to call Griny to fly up and look around for him but then he saw the way out. Ray poked his head out of the brush and saw a Pokemon lab, he walk over only to here a lot of commotion. Ray decided to not get involved and watch. "Looks like there is a battle starting." Ray said to himself. "This should be good."

Glitch placed the Poképuffs down and looked up. “Hm?” She stood up and stared at the boy. “I would love to battle.” She smiled. Jolteon and Raichu came to her sides. “Ready when you are.” She added as she walked to the other side of the tree.

“Jolteon and Raichu! Let’s go!”
She balled her left hand into a fist, then pointed her right at the Dragonair. “Jolteon! Use Quick Attack!”
Jolteon moved swiftly to one side, then to the other, then tucked her head in and headbutted the Dragonair. Raichu cheered and looked up at Glitch when she said, “Use Thunderbolt on the Fraxure on my command.”
Raichu nodded and stared at the green dragon-type, ready to spark up at a moments notice.

Charlie froze up, and was left simply blinking as the girl went on and one about her pokemon. He examined the Rowlet and before he couldn't make everything out, she was gone. Shaking his head, Charlie felt his cheeks grow hot- he hadn't even spoken, why was he so nervous? After watching the trainer walk away, he glanced down at Popplio, who seemed sad to see the grass starter go. "Hey!" she called out as loud as he could, which wasn't very loud to most people. Ignoring his better judgement, Charlie walked after the girl and offered her a shy smile, "Uh, yeah no worries. I just got my starter to, see?" he smiled as he picked up the seal and giggled at her waving 'hello'.

Delilah was about to go to watch the battle, when the small voice of the stranger sent her head turning.
"Oh, that's cool! I- same for me, I haven't come with a name for Rowlet here..." she pursed her lips, examining the little bird, who chirped excitedly. She smiled affectionately at the Pokemon before turning back to Charlie. "So- what's your name?" she asked curiously, vaguely tilting her head. She kind of did that sometimes.

Glitch watched through clenched teeth as Jolteon skid backwards. Shaking it off, Jolteon looked up at Glitch. “Use Headbutt!” She said, determination mixing into it like lemonade mix to water. Jolteon kicked off his back feet and went bowling into Fraxure
“Now Raichu! Use Thunderbolt!” She shouted to her Mouse Pokémon. Sparks flew from his cheeks as he leapt up in the air and sent a bolt of lightning towards the Dragonair. Eyes gleaming like the sparks that flickered from his cheeks, he came back down and shook the excess sparks off. “Rai! Rai! Raichu! Chu!” He taunted the Dragonair in his own language.

"Quite the group." Ray said to himself, looking at the Pokemon battling and the people talking. All of the sudden Rays own shadow moved and waved. "Good to see you too Griny." Ray said smirking. Rays shadow returned to normal but he knew she was still there it was cold and that was all he needed to know were Griny was. "You know Griny, the two that are battling are not new like everyone else here their more on our level." Ray said as he continued to watch.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Kaixa524 has been ejected from this RP as clearly they haven't understood that posts must be a paragraph or longer. The rest of you - carry on.

Charlie went blank for a moment, lost in juggling around ideas for his own pokemon's name. He then blinked at the girl, "Uh, Charles. But you can call me Charlie.." he muttered before adding, "please." quietly. Charlie thought to himself while stroking Poplio before speaking again, "And what may I call you?" he then asked in the same hushed tone.

Following the format he'd gone along, she replied, "Delilah. But you can call me-" and then it occurred to her that she didn't have a nickname. She went quiet for a brief second. "-You can call me whatever." she tried, mentally cringing. Very smooth. She looked back at the battle, puzzled, to see that it had ended uneventfully, with no distinct winner, and that Noah had left. She pursed her lip curiously. "Hm," she mumbled.

(My explanation for him being kicked.)

(OOC: Since I was in a battle against Noah Imma just pretend he ran off)

Glitch stared at the kid as he ran off along the trail. Why didn’t he finish the battle? She thought, just as confused as her Pokémon, who stared at the boy with suspicion. A piece of her short black hair fell out of the ponytail and she twirled it slowly. “Hm.” She grunted as she sat down against the tree again.

Ray watched as the girls opponent walked off not finishing his own battle. "So much for the epic battle." Ray thought, as his shadow put its hands on his hips and shook its head. Suddenly, the girl and her Pokemon approached the tree he was standing next to. Ray with his arms crossed held up two fingers in kind of a half wave at the girl.

Glitch looked up, as well as Raichu and Jolteon. “Oh, hey.” She waved a bit before watching Raichu pretend to be the Fraxure and Jolteon play attacking it. Her eyes flickered in amusement as Raichu mimicked the boy and chirped, “Rai! Rai Rai Rai Rai raichu!” And Jolteon would reply as if she was her owner, “Jolt! Jolteon! Eon!”

Name: Sergiu
Pokémon: Pidgeotto
Appearance: Dark, warm coat, black trousers and blonde hair.
Personality: Calm, but ready to fight/defend his friends
Backstory:
Sergiu lived in a communist country - Arstotzka. In this country there weren't any gyms or places for Pokemon battles. He completed school and passed the final exam early. In Arstotzka people go to work at age of 17. The conditions in his work were horrible. Working from 6:00 to 21:00 frightened him, so he managed do escape this country. A mysterious group called EZIC helped him. He was near the border, but he got spotted by Arstotzkan guards. Then, in the nick of time, his Pokemon (Dratini, Natu and Poochyena) got out of their Pokeballs and distracted these guards, covering Sergiu's escape. He eventually escaped but he left his best Pokemon. He successfully got out with Pidgeotto. After long time, he finally traveled to Alola. He bought a small house in there. Freedom never felt so good.

Ray watch as well at the Raichu and Joiteon. "I like your Friends, they seem to have a good relationship." Ray said as he watched them play, he also noticed Griny sneakily turning into the girls shadow, smirking but not explaining why he said. "So an electric type trainer right?' Ray said watching as the girls shadow danced without her knowing.

Last edited:
Glitch looked up. “They do have a good relationship.” She looked down at Jolteon, who had pinned Raichu down and was now laughing. She looked back up and saw him smirking. What in the world is he smiling about? She thought.
“That’s right. I am an electric trai-” She glanced down and saw her shadow dancing. Her eyes widened as she gasped, “What in Arceus!? My-My-My shadow!”
She scrambled to her feet and stared at her shadow as it danced below her. Jolteon and Raichu had stopped playing and was now staring worriedly at the shadow.

(I guess I didn’t mention Glitch is terrified of Ghost Types >U<)

Name: Dylan
Pokémon: Delibird
Appearance: Dark Blue T-Shirt black trousers and brown hair, you can also see a scar on his leg sometimes.
Personality: Really Friendly but can go out of his way to protect any pokemon
Backstory: After his family moved to Alola in the Melemele island, Dylan wandered out to Route 3 with only one Great Ball, he stumbles upon a Delibird getting attacked by a (Alolan) Rattata, he throws the Poke Ball at Delibird capturing it and running away but got slashed in the leg by the Rattata.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray started to laugh and said. "All right Griny that is enough." And Griny leaped out and yelled "Gen gen!" and licked her. Just looking at her face Ray could not stop quietly giggling to himself. "Sorry for the scare my dear, that is how Griny always introduces herself." Ray said, "do not worry, compared to my other guy Griny is down right friendly." Ray said, trying to get in on the fun Grinys having with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.