• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Alola High

"What if it's not a hacker. What if its his mom, or someone he knows calling from a different phone line or something?" Joy said, turning to Zack.

Rowlet nodded in agreement, as well as Furfrou.

(I hope you don't mind me controlling Furfrou right now. I can stop if you want me to, @Cryronn the Mudkip )

Tommy checked the number. He smiled and answered it. A man appeared on the screen. "Alola Tommy! I assume you've been doing well?" He asked. "Yeah Dad, everything's fine!" Said Tommy joyfully. "I see you have some new friends." Tommy's dad said.

" Hey Tommy's Dad! " Zack waved Shade decided to play little prank, she turned into Furfrou and stood right next to Furfrou.

Menwhile, Midnight was walking around house he curled in big ball in room on bed

"This is Zack and this is Joy!" Said Tommy, pointing to them. "Nice to meet you. You two can call me Mr.Alph." Said Tommy's dad. "Anyways, I called to tell you two things! I have both your permission slips signed cause they got emailed to me!" Said Mr.Alph. "Great to hear! What else?" Tommy asked. "Kukui wants you to swing by his place for an upgrade on your dex." He said. "Whoa! You guys want to come with?" Tommy asked his friends.

Last edited:
"Yeah, sure! Sounds like fun!" Joy said with a smile.

Rowlet flew around Tommy's head and landed in his lap, happy he could come along. Furfrou walked right up to Tommy and rubbed against his leg, wanting to come with them.

"Sure, Furfy. You can come with me." Tommy said, petting him. "Well." Said Mr.Alph, checking his watch. "Duty calls, so I'll see you at the festival!" He said. "Bye dad!" Said Tommy as the transmission ended. "Well! Let's get going!" Said Tommy, unplugging Shock from the computer and returning him.

Let's go Shade!, Shade changed changed out the form and jumped on Zack's shoulder, Midnight reaturned to his Pokeball while Banette hovered and followed Zack

Zack nodded he pressed the elevator button, Shade laughed, it turned into Tommy and stood right next to him to confuse the Gang, Banette went threw door to see how long it will take.

Joy quickly followed Tommy and Zack, shutting the door behind her and quickly dashing to the elevator, hoping it wouldn't close without her.

"Oh boy. This'll be fun, I can tell!" Joy said enthusiastically, as she bounced around a little.

Shade as Tommy nodded her head looking to see if Joy got tricked by her transformation, Zack was excited he never been to festival before!.

" Zoura chuckled " She switched into Joy now, Zack watched Banette and she sat oh his shoulder

Fake Joy snickered as she would stay like this for whole elevator trip

Tommy cracked up at the identity crisis. The elevator stopped, (and due to he issue of time), they made it to Kukui's house on the beach. A Rockruff waited for them on the stairs. Furfy said hi to it while Tommy knocked on the door.

Zack petted the Rockruff, Shade turned into the Rockruff and imperssionated it, " Rockruff! ", it wasnt that good but not bad either.

" So, what you think he going to do with Pokedex? "

"I don't know." Said Tommy. Then, the door opened. "Ah, seems you all are here." Said Kukui, Rockruff jumping into his arms. Kukui gestured them all inside, and Tommy went in. "Whoa! Nice place!" Said Tommy, looking around.

Joy walked inside herself, and looked at everything.

"Whoa. This place is awesome." she said.

Then she saw a Dedenne pillow and totally fangirled.

"Whoa, it's so cute!" she said, as she couldn't help but throw herself onto the couch and cuddle up with the pillow.

Tommy laughed and Kukui said; "Tommy. Put your Dex on this special charger." Tommy put his Dex on the charger, and Kukui went on the computer, transferring a whole lot of Pokemon data and a file labeled: R.D. "What is R.D?" Asked Tommy. "It's the RotomDex." Said Kukui, still transferring the data. "Do any of you know what a Rotom is?" Tommy asked Joy and Zack.

Last edited:
" I Actually do!, its Pokémon that can go inside appliances that can change it type when going into a certain appliance " pointing at air, " I had a pet Rotom but I moved here with my aunt and uncle, maybe my Dad can send it to me, never mind that it can really go inside a Pokedex? " he asked amazed.

"Yes, it actually can!" Said Kukui, hitting the complete transfer button. Tommy's Pokedex started to glow light-blue and started to vibrate. "Whoa." Said Tommy. Electronic arms popped out if the sides of it and it started to float. It kept vibrating. Tommy could just watch in awe.

Matt is on the front door step to Kukui's house. It is very nerve racking for him. A letter of introduction is in his hands. "Hope this goes well...." He knocked on the door. "Anyone home?

The dex now had a face, and went to answer the door. "What?" Asked Tommy. Rotom opened the door and said; "Hello! Zzzt! I am the Rotom Dex! Pleazzzed to make your acquaintance!" He said to Matt. Tommy's mouth was wide open. "Whaaaaat?" He said last, his eyes growing super wide. The RotomDex turned to Tommy. "Oh, hello Tommy! Zzt! I am your personalized RotomDex. Pleased to meet you! Zzt!" Said the Dex. Tommy was speechless.

The door would open and Matt would see a rotom dex. "A rotom dex. Neat." Matt looked at Tommy. "Hi there. Is professor Kukui here? I need to give him my letter of introduction." He showed Tommy his letter of introduction.

"Uh." He said, surprised that Matt knew what a RotomDex was. The RotomDex went up to Joy. "Greetings! I am RotomDex!" He said. Kukui got up from his computer. "Ah, you must be Matt. I am Professer Kukui! Why have you come on such short notice?" He asked. Tommy waved to Matt.

Matt smiled. "You wouldn't believe how hard it was to get a boat here. After all, it seems alola is very busy around this time." Matt handed the professor his introduction letter. "Here you go professor."

Joy was a bit surprised, but her eyes went wide in awe.

"You are so cute! Can I pet you? How do you talk???" Joy said, overwhelming the Dex with Questions.

then she saw the boy walk in, but ignored him, for she wasn't addressed.

Kukui read Matt's letter and said; "The soonest you can come in is Friday, and that's when we'll hold the trial at Verdant Cavern." Kukui said, handing Matt a packet full of papers.
Meanwhile, Rotom said; "Well, I don't know about petting, but, I can tell you how I talk!" Then, Rotom launched into a huge speech on how his Pokemon to Human translator worked. Tommy was litsening, but he zoned out after about 5 seconds.

Joy, strangely hung herself onto every word that Rotom said, even though she was completely against speeches in every way. But Rotom was so cute, and Joy couldn't afford to not listen to the Pokemon/Pokedex had to say.

After 5 minutes of painful speech, Rotom finished. "And that's how I talk!" He said. Tommy woke up, as he had actually fallen asleep. "Huh?" Said Tommy. He dumped the rest of his trail mix into his mouth and said; "Wow, it's dusk already? Huh. Seems it's time for dinner." He said, looking out the window. Rotom went next to him. "That's true, although, being a computer, I don't eat." He said.

"I guess I should head home then." Joy said, sighing. So after waving goodbye to her friends, she headed off into a small house down by the beach. It was small, and made of wood. She walked inside the rickety shack, and ducked her head for the ceiling, which was tilting one way, diagonally.

"What's for dinner tonight?" she asked her mom, who was setting the table of two.

"Bread, and water." her mom said sarcastically.

Tommy waved goodbye to Joy and walked over to his apartment, Rotom not far behind. Kukui waved to the two and said to Matt and Zack; "You two should go home too." Meanwhile, Tommy was at his apartment, eating a Ramen cup. He looked at a pic of his family. Him, his mom, his dad, and his bro and sis. He smiled, and was suddenly more egar to see them at the festival.

"Bye Kukui!" Matt walked away, holding the paper's in his hands. He was staying at a small house by himself. It is scary for him, but he traveled by himself all over Unova, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kalos, in that order to. He had arrived at his temporary house, opened the door, and got greeted by his shiny Growlithe, Maisy. Maisy had been with Matt ever since he was a child. It had hatched from an egg and had moves a normal growlithe didn't have. Matt set the papers Kukui had given to him on his desk and started to heat up some easy cook pasta. His growlithe was already eating some poke food.

Last edited:
Tommy played his multi-instrument and sound keyboard until he realized it was 9:00. He hopped in bed and fell asleep, drifting into the land of slumber where only nightmares and alarm clocks could torment him.

Matt had already eaten his dinner and is reading. His growlithe has already fallen asleep, having immediately fallen asleep after finishing dinner. Matt then fell asleep, dreaming about different Pokémon battle strategies.

Joy crawled under the cupboard after dinner, and cuddled into a small blanket on the wood floor.

"Night mom." she said, as it took a while for the girl to go to bed.

This week, Friday:
school was just about to start, but Tommy wasn't in the room first, like he usually was. He was in the schoolyard training his Pokemon while Mr.Oak sat at his desk, filling his papers. Tommy was working on Blaze's Falme charge, Schoolers Water Gun, Shock's Acrobatics, and Jet's Aqua Jet. "Okay, It's been a week since we got the Normalium Z, so Illima probably has some new tricks for the Totem Pokemon." Said Tommy. The test of his Pokemon agreed, and they went back to training.

Joy was sitting in class, as she had decided to get to school early, and finish some homework she had forgotten about.

"Gengar's special abilities? Augh, just kill me..." she said, as she tried thinking back to her studies.

"Gengar's special ability is Cursed Body!" Tommy yelled up to Joy. Then, he got back to training. "You know you can join him in training. We'll be in this class all day until the Feild trip!" Said Mr.Oak. He continued looking at his papers and filling them out.