• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Alola High (Rp Room)

Rosanna walked away before turning around and releasing a Pokémon. "Let's go Ingens! Do your best!" She yelled as a Poliwag appeared out of the Pokéball, eager to win the fight. "Ingens here is ready to fight, the question is if you are ready to lose!"

Last edited:
"Quite confident aren't you? I hope you can live up to those words!"

A bit peeved, but certainly not upset by the playful jab and comment, Claire gave an exaggerated an overly dramatic expression as she harrumphed at Ian and tossed her head to the side, flashing him with the light reflected off her silver locks. She giggled lightly as she broke into a light jog to the other end of the field, and setting Chysa down, she spun around and posed grandly flicking her wrist and putting on the airs of an elite training. "Very well, I'll accept your challenge!"

The little lamb, already used to its trainer's antics, simply took the field, small sparks of electricity flying from its horns and bouncing over its fluffy wool. Both trainer and Pokemon were locked, loaded and ready for battle!

Ian could not help but grow to like this girl. Her mannerisms and energy were infectious, and quite frankly it only caused both him and his partner Flint to grow more excited as he greeted them with a competitive grin.

"All right, give me all you've got! Now Flint, let's get started. Scale and use Ember!" Ian called out as Flint has a grin before the Chimchar dashed to the room wall and began to scale it; looking more like a spider monkey rather than a fire monkey as Flint tilted down at the electric sheep and fired multiple shots of small fireballs down at it for its opening move.

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
“Ayyyyyy.” Nick said “You have a Poliwag too, that’s a coincidence because I was gonna use mine.”
Nick then grabbed his pokeball and sent out his Poliwag. “Go Poli!” He said. Poli came out of its pokeball and said “Poli! (Let’s do this)”

"Let's see if you can do something with it! Ingens, Hypnosis!' Rosanna yelled and the stomach pattern on Ingens began to swirl in an hypnotic way. I can't use Water attacks so Double Slap it is, bout time something like that showed up.

Blue_Flash4

“Same goes to you.” Nick said “Poli cover your eyes with your tail and use body slam.”
Poliwag then covered his eyes with his tail and chucked his body at the other Poliwag.
Alright I can’t use any water attacks on my opponent’s Pokémon so I’ll have to use my other attacks that aren’t water typed.

"Dodge it, he can't see and counter with Double Slap!" Ingens dodged the Body Slam and began slapping at the Poliwag with its tail. Body Slam, this could be a problem for me. Just have to be lucky I guess.

"Oi oi oi, you can't be taking me that lightly you know?"

A grin plastered onto her face Claire ordered, "Chysa, Cotton Spore and shed!"

Bleating out a sheepish cry, the Mareep visibly puffed up. Her wool expanding as the sticky spores were produced from her body. The small embers impacted the petite lamb, swallowed up by the spores which were quickly set aflame. However, just a quickly the Mareep shook its body violently, tossing off the cotton spore and 'shedding' it's burning outer coat, much like the pokemon ability Shed skin -which was where Claire had gotten the inspiration for this tactic.

She looked over at her opponent smugly, "My turn! ThunderShock!"

Charing its spiral patterned horns with thunder, the Mareep launched her attack, bolts of electricity traveling up the wall towards Ian's Chimchar.

Ian saw the unique Cotton Spore shield tactic as it blocked the Ember, but had little time to dwell on that as he had to respond to the electric strike that aimed right for the Fire Monkey.

"Flint! Jump and roll using Flame Wheel!"

Flint gave a nod, as the Chimchar jumped from the wall to just avoid the electric attack while he rolled forward and soon set his body ablaze as the Chimchar changed into a rolling fireball that landed on the ground with momentum; momentum it used to charge ahead as it aimed to ram itself right into the Mareep.

Blue_Flash4

Poliwag taking in all the attacks had started to glow and after the glow had ended in Poliwag’s place was a Poliwhirl. “YES!” Nick had yelled. “Great, now that your a Poliwhirl you can cover your eyes with the one hand and the other can use power up punch on Poliwag now go!”
A glowing fist started going towards the opponent’s Poliwag.......

"Horray, cause I was to late I couldn't get a battle partner. It is my fault though " Thought Namine. She decided wait it out and eventually A. She would get ro battle someone just before class ends or B. Battle no one and snag someone at the next one. She was fine with either option since she wasn't exactly battle hungry ,but a certain pokemon was way too energetic and thought a battle would be perfect for releasing stored energy. She looked at the great ball holding him and did a quick sigh.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
The electricity went into Gracidea, causing her to faint. Ryan took out another Pokeball and threw into the air."Go, Leaf!" He said, sending out his Bulbasaur. "Leaf, use Vine Whip!" He said as Leaf threw her vines at the Grubbin.

The vines slapped Grubbin to the floor. "Quick! Bug Bite! He yelled, and Grubbin launched itself wit lightning speed at Leaf, his mandibles surrounded in green and yellow energy and beetle shell-like particles. "Grub! Grubbin!!!" It squeaked, ready to do a multi-bite on Leaf to do a lot of damage.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Leaf, try to dodge!" He said. He knew if Grubbin failed, he would have an opening since it could get stuck in the wall.
"Bulba!" Leaf responded. He was pretty desperate, if Bug Bite landed, Leaf would faint. However, he was still confident about winning.

Leaf was about to jump up, but the Bug Bite reached to her. It did a lot of damage, but she barely survived. "Now, use Tackle!" Ryan shouted, as Leaf charged at the Grubbin at full force.

Nocto

Previously Kidd.Janks
kayden was wandering around the school,he was holding a Pokeball in his hand tossing it up and down as he learns up against a wall, It was his first day and he was already lost he felt embarrassed in his sense of direction. His hair was gently moving with the breeze he sighed continuing to toss and catch the pokeball.he heard some cheering and screams comeing from somewhere probably from a battle going on he turned his head trying to figure out where the noise was comeing from.

Biting her lip, Claire assessed the situation. Chimchar was inherently faster than Mareep, so even if Chysa dodged the first few attacks she'd get out-sped and outmaneuvered eventually. As Ian's chimchar closed in on her mareep, she finally came to a decision. "Grit your teeth Chysa, then thunderwave!"

Opting out of dodging, she instead intended to have the mareep tank the flame wheel and respond with thunderwave. It wasn't the best case scenario, but Chysa didn't have that many moves yet, and Claire could only work with what she had. Lowering the Chimchar's speed would also work better for the Female-sheep duo in the long run. No pain, no gain, right?

“No!” He yelled, and Shock was tackled, and fainted. “Oh well, return.” He said, bringing back Shock.
He tossed out Blaze. “Ima win Quick! Use ember!” He yelled, and Blaze shot an ember attack straight at Leaf.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Fire, Grass types worst enemies. A quick Ember flew across the room, aimed at Leaf. "It's too quick, Leaf will faint.." Ryan thought. He quickly thought of a plan, then shouted it to Leaf. "Leaf, try and jump through!" He said. The Bulbasaur looked at him with a "Are you crazy?! I'm a GRASS type, not a water type!" face, but Ryan just read her aura to sense that. He swiftly smiled at her before the hesitant Bulbasaur jumped through the flames. She was very damaged and burnt, but she lived. "Now, try to do a final Tackle!" He said quickly.

Aspen rushed in, holding up a late pass. Her Pokemon were all with her and out of their Pokeballs--Surge clung to her shoulder, Burn was atop her head, and Crystal was running right on the Trainer's heels. "I'm here," she panted, putting her hands on her knees and catching her breath. Burn looked up. "Cynda!" she chirped, jumping off of her Trainer's head and landing on both feet. Aspen laughed. "Haha, yeah, we're ready," she said, sitting up and looking around.

Rosanna was annoyed by the fact that her opponent evolved mid battle, this could turn very bad very fast. "Ingens, dodge it and use Double Slap!" She yelled out to her Poliwag.

Ingens tried to dodge it, but the Poliwhirl was much better at walking on land than a Poliwag and hit Ingens. As it got up, it became angry and began to slap at the Poliwhirl with all of its might.

“It’s a good day.” He said, but when Leaf successfully jumped through the ember, he was stunned, as was Blaze. Blaze got hit with much more damage because of not being braced for the impact. “Quick! Fire Fang!” He yelled, and Blaze’s fangs lit up with fire. He leaped at Leaf, who was in close range.

Blue_Flash4

Poliwhirl grabbed the poliwag’s tail and chucked the tiny tadpole. “Good job Poli!” Nick said “Now Use body slam on the Poliwag! FINISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Poliwhirl nodded and then jumped on to the opponent’s Poliwag and was all stretched out getting ready to finish it.

Dominic was sitting down watching the battles with Pixel on his shoulder
(Y'know you can go ask to battle) Pixel squeaked
"I know, I just don't want to..."
Pixel squeaked again (But you love battling)
"Yeah, battling with my friends, I don't even know these people.."
He stared out at the battlefields with everyone battling
"Hmm, maybe next time we're battling"
(That's what I like to hear) Pixel squeaked excitedly
Dominic and Pixel watch the rest of the battles

"It must open its eyes to see where to go, Hypnosis!" Rosanna yelled at her Poliwag that was exhausted, yet determined to keep on fighting. Its stomach pattern began to swirl as it glared at the Poliwhirl coming from the sky.

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Leaf was able to survive the Ember, however, being close range was very bad. Ryan had no close calls until he thought of another stupid plan. "Leaf, try to use Vine Whip to push yourself up, then attack it from behind!" He said. Leaf didn't even have to scowl her trainer, she just didn't want to faint. Leaf did what she was told. It didn't exactly work, as the Litten's Fire Fang burnt one of her vines, just making an enhanced jump instead of being airborne. She was burnt, but she lived. "Now, Tackle!" Ryan said. Drowizly, Leaf plunged herself into Blaze. However, being burnt twice, Leaf's Tackle somewhat changed into a weaker version of Flare Blitz.

Ian had a grin of momentary satisfaction as the Flamewheel struck dead center on the Mareep, though that grin faded as Claire called out a Thunderwave in response.

Ian knew that he had little way to avoid the attack, though he had every intent to try as he quickly called out commands.

"Flint! Use Ember and run away!"
Flint nodded as the Chimcaur ran away from the Mareep as the aim was to try and outrun the Thunderwave. It proved to be futile as it struck the fire monkey which halted his advance, but as Flint even with that setback managed turn back and aimed to follow up the Flamewheel with several shots of Ember fired back at the Mareep.

Last edited:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
After pulling off a quick Tackle, she was quite happy with herself. However, her pride got the best of her, as Bite finished her off. Ryan walked over to Tommy and said, "Good battle, it was pretty close. My name is Ryan." He said, sticking his hand out for Tommy to shake.

(OOC: Back after talking with a certain someone and having permission to have a mystery Pokémon character.)

BIC:

“Sorry Evan, I think we’re going to either be late or even miss class, since the nurse called earlier,” Tori stated to the Elgyem while slowly making her way towards the Nurse’s Office after obtaining permission earlier.

“It’s fine... r- really it is, I don’t like battling at all,” Evan hesitantly replied through telepathy.

“I- I don’t know what’s going on, but we’re going to have to see what’s going on. Hopefully she won’t be mad since we’re quite late,” Tori responded after jogging past several classrooms.

Meanwhile, a small, sky blue Pokémon resembling a little crocodile decided to make his entry into the campus.

“This is it, this is my chance to erase my past... and maybe even start fresh if nobody here remembers about the double R’s,” The little Pokémon thought while patting his midnight black, two piece suit that comfortably fitted his body. The inner white outfit allowed for the small, red spines to be somewhat concealed; his tail appeared to not have any visual protection however. He carefully adjusted the ebony black badge to allow it to comfortably and proudly lie on the left side of his suit at breast pocket level. The badge had the letter R on it, as the modest symbol appeared to be composed of several colors upon closer inspection.

“Kinda have to admit, this place doesn’t really look like the kind to have the boys in blue... though I still gotta be careful around here,” The crocodile Pokémon thought. He resisted the urge to bite on his cloudy gray gloves and loafers that were in a light, silver shading.

“Hey, fancy pants! Why you ditchin’ class huh? I’m gonna have to get you back to your trainer right now!” An officer yelled after it took swift sight of the Big Jaw Pokémon!

“Toto!” The crocodile Pokémon cried before emitting a light sigh.

“Crap, looks like I was right! Guess I’ll have to make it quick!” The little Pokémon swiftly thought before attempting to gather some energy in his mouth.

“Oh no you don’t lil’ crocky! Gumshoos, show this kid who’s boss!” The officer shouted, as the Stakeout Pokémon was quickly called to battle!

The crocodile Pokémon looked down at the ground for a split second. He pointed his body in the direction of the nearest building after taking account of the gentle breeze. Suddenly, a forceful stream of water erupted from his mouth! The little Pokémon was sent at a powerful, upward force in the opposite direction of the officer’s path!

“T- to... toto! Totodi!” The crocodile Pokémon squealed while in the air. He curled into a ball, as he rolled over as quickly as he could in hopes of breaking the fall. The damage from gravity was absorbed in smaller amounts, as the little Pokémon quickly got up when the quick motion came to a somewhat hard halt.

“Ow, okay... that definitely hurts a little, but that could have been a lot worse! I think I can definitely use a little more practice on that,” The mysterious Pokémon thought before getting back on his feet. He decided to climb down a blue ladder with a careful manner.

“Gumshoos, let’s go after that Pokémon!” The officer firmly stated, as the Stakeout Pokémon ran with the officer to give a clear signal of approval.

“Okay... guess I’ll have to play hide and seek before I can do some work then,” The crocodile Pokémon hesitantly thought before entering a room once he reached the bottom of the ladder. Little did he know, the room was actually an area where the trainers battled each other in the various fields of combat.

Biting her lip tensely, Claire winced in pain as Chysa got hit with the flame wheel, but her expression lightened as the thunder wave landed a clean blow on the retreating Chimchar. The Chimchar was petrified in place for but a brief moment, and immediately whipped around to counter-attack with a flurry of embers. Not to be outdone, the Mareep countered with her own splash of elemental damage in the form of a sparking flash of thundershock, that disrupting the incoming embers. Thundershock, not being that strong, had however spent all its energy with its collision with the embers and thus had faded into the air without causing any damage to the Chimchar.

At this point, Claire decided to ramp thing up, "Chysa let's give 'em a wild shocking! Charge! then Thundershock!"

Bleating out a cutesy war-cry, the lamb-like Pokemon's wool sparked to life with contained electricity as it stockpiled power with Charge. Gleaming eyes locking onto her target, Chysa unleashed her stored power, launching a thundershock which leapt through the air towards the opposing Chimchar.

"A- ahh! T- that dog's fighting with a fire monkey! Is this like some sort of punishment room or something?" The crocodile Pokémon thought, as he decided to watch the electric dog unleashing an electrical-based attack.

The little Pokémon gave out a sigh of relief when he noticed no sign of the officer nearby. He decided to quietly make his way towards the right corner of the room closest to the entryway. He watched the various battles that the other trainers had, as he could only hope that the room was free of any sort of unseen security measure.

"Okay, we're almost there, but you kinda need to stop squirming so much," Tori said while walking to the Nurse's Office in a hurried manner.

"S- sorry... I- I kinda don't want to be carried around like a baby all the t- time," Evan replied through telepathy, as the Cerebral Pokémon fidgeted with his hands for a brief moment.

Ian grit his teeth as the Mareep's adorable war cry was heard as the electric sheep charged before it jumped up to fire another electric strike. Flint tried to crawl away, but a jolt from the paralyzing effect of the Thunder Wave halted the attempt on this instance. Dodging had been removed as an option for the moment, so he needed some other plan.

And that's when he decided to play defense, and given Flint had not obvious defensive move he had to improvise.

"Flint! Use Flame Wheel and brace yourself!"

The Chimchar head the command, and although momentarily sluggish, it managed to curl into a ball and coat itself in flames. However, it failed to pick up rotation speed in time as the electric attack struck. The still Flame Wheel offered some protection, which mitigated the damage, but the electric strike had still been enough to push Flint back as before the long the Chimchar had been blasted back a few feet.

"Flint! Are you okay?" Ian called out, as the fire monkey had been slow to get up which showed the damage. But he managed to get up all the same. Still this was disconcerting, as the Chimchar line were more glass canons than anything else so it was worrisome how much punishment he could expect it to take. Ian needed a way to stall for time, and he thankfully had just the TM that might help for this.

"Double Team!"

Flint nodded, as several dozen after images of itself were generated all around the Mareep while it remained hidden among them. Ian needed to stall and hope the paralysis would pass or at the bare minimum the Chimchar would gradually regain some mobility.

Claire frowned, her expression darkening with the appearance of several Chimchar doppelgangers. Chysa, unfortunately, didn't know any TMs, so the Mareep would need to do without, however, all hope wasn't lost. Rather than TMs, Chysa had inherited a few moves from her parents -egg moves. But those wouldn't help her out of this situation either. The silver-haired girl bit her lip, eyes flitting back an forth between the many images of Chimchar. Several moments passed, and suddenly, an idea came to her.

"Chysa! Cotton Spore!"

Using the cotton spore as it was intended, the Mareep puffed up with the adhesive balls of white fluff, flinging them across the field in clumps that stuck together, creating stick little traps that would slow the Chimchar down. Naturally, the Cotton Spore would fail to affect the illusive Chimchars created by Double Team, so all Claire had to do now was keep her eyes peeled for the Chimchar who got stuck -then- she'd nail it with another thundershock.

Tommy gladly shook hands. “Great battle! Your Pokémon put up a hard battle!” He said, and placed his Pokémon on the healing trolley. “Anyway, do you have a ‘Favorite Pokémon?’ Mine is Mudkip!” He asked, grinning?

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
"Honestly, I mostly like ice types, but I favorite Abomasnow." He replied to Tommy while healing his team. He then sat down, either waiting for someone to battle him or for class to end. Even though being quite shy, Ryan couldn't help but put a grin on his face.

As pieces of the Mareep's cotton covered the battlefield Ian had a frown. While thankfully it had not been an attack, which allowed Flint time to rest in place as it regained mobility and worked to fight off the paralysis effect, but now he had a new obstacle to deal with. Already a pair of the after images were hit by the Cotton which showed no effect which would rule them out to be fakes, and if Flint ended up getting caught it would expose his position and leave him vulnerable to an attack.

Ian thought over what could be done, and figured he needed to work his way around the Cotton field somehow and decided on an...unique method of navigation.

"Flint jump! Find the spots between the cotton pieces and move in for a Scratch!"
Flint, who had just managed to avoid a cotton as it landed inches from him to the left nodded. As did the duplicates, before they all got up and began to hop around. Finding the "sweet spots" of floor that the cotton had not hit as he and the after images advanced towards the Mareep. Naturally, a couple of the after images would clearly pass through the cotton as they lacked the original's timely jumps which exposed them, but the real one and several of the duplicates managed to avoid it as they moved around and inched closer to the Electric sheep.

The real Flint saw its chance, as it landed between two cotton swabs to the side over to the left side of Mareep, before it and a couple of other fake Chimchars charged as Flint aimed to deliver a Scratch right to the fluffy side as Ian hoped this was enough to fool his opponent.

"AH! That's cheating!"

Puffing her cheeks, and throwing a mock tantrum accompanied by the distinct sound of her feet stomping against the ground, Claire vented her frustration. It was rather disheartening to see a strategy foiled so easily...or was it? If Ian had been looking over, he'd be just in time to catch the devilishly sly smile that occupied Claire's lips. The girl reacted quickly, "Chysa! Cotton Spore!"

Once again the Mareep puffed up with sticky globules of cotton, however, this time, that was all the ewe did. As the Monkey troop rained down on her, their claws scratching with fiery fury, the lamb weathered through the storm. Claire bit her lip in sympathy, her heart bleeding at the sight of her Mareep being gang-piled, however, all that suffering was about to come to fruition. The real flint would temporarily get stuck to Chysa because of the cotton spore, and that would be their chance to nail the chimp with their full power at point blank range.

"Chysa! Let's go all out!! Electric Terrain, then, THUNDERSHOCK!"

Gesturing wildly with her arms, the girl spoke rapidly, her voice crescendoing until it was a emblazoned scream.

"All's fair in love and war, not that we've done anything wrong." Ian replied with a grin, one that vanished in the blink of an eye as he realized that the girl had been bluffing and he had fallen into her trap.

Flint landed his scratches, but his clawed hand also got stuck in the cotton just long enough for the Mareep to fire a retaliation shot as the sheep fired a powerful thundershock. And as evident by Flint's ear splitting scream, the electricity struck right at point blank range. After the attack past, the sheer force of it had been enough to send Flint flying back as the Chimchar landed on the ground with a thud. It's body shook as it had managed to remain conscious but had been in clear visible pain.

"Flint! Are you okay buddy?" Ian asked with some concern, as his companion lied prone on the ground for a minute. Eventually, he managed to make it back to his feet. Not only that, but in spite of the pain and visible damage, the fire that coated Flint's small tail began to grow. His eyes widened and he stared with a frantic intensity before he unleased an ear splitting cry; not of pain this time, but of pure fury.

"CCCCCHHHHHAAAAAHHHHHRRRRR!!!"
His tail flame double, neigh tripled in size as Flint's ability Blaze trigger. An ability that increased all his Fire-type attacks significantly, but could only be used when a Chimchar had been low on stamina. Which meant the next blow Flint would be dealt, would all but be the last he could withstand. So Ian needed to take advantage of this added firepower, and decided the only option was to go for broke.

"Flame Wheel!" Ian called out, as Flint began to roll in place; his velocity and spinning speed only increased as his body was coated and turned into a fireball; one larger and more intense then the ones he had used before. Within that moment, the Chimchar shot forward as he dashed to the Mareep with high speeds as Ian looked to deliver the knockout blow with an impact directly to its adorable face. They had to take advantage of this boost before her opponent had a chance to exploit his near depleted stamina.

While the clear path to victory would've been to avoid or mitigate the Damage from Chimchar's flame wheel, neither trainer nor Pokemon fancied such a disgustingly anti-climatic ending. The ground surged with electricity, looking like a charged plate, and speaking of chaging, that's exactly how Claire intended to finish things up. As the flaming simian meteor swiftly covered ground, Claire voiced her last orders. "Chysa, Charge and then end this with Thundershock!"

Fleece begnning to spark with the charge of electricity, the lamb bleated out boldly, issueing a challenge to the incoming Chimchar. While the small flashes of electricity leaping off her fur might've seemed inconcequential compared to the raging inferno rocketing her way, that was all about to change. Having been galvanized earlier via the Mareep's use of electric terrain, surges of lightning still dyed the field a shocking blue. Now, with Chysa using charge, not only did she store her own electricity on her fleece, but, with her horns acting as lightning rods, the electricity scattered across the ground rapidly surged into her body, and soon she'd been encased in a concentrated globe of arcing thunder bolts.

A crimson red light shone from Chimchar's raging tail-flame, mixing with the blue light scintillating off the Mareep's electric globe; the lights contorted, distorting and dancing, infected by the wild, reckless, adrenaline-fueled clash.

Thunder and fire weaved together, the two destructive forces of nature colliding in what could only be described as a disasterous explosion. Billowing smoke stacks swamped over the battlefield, the boom of the collision drowning out all other sounds.

Claire stayed stock-still, frozen for a brief moment, before her excitement faded and was swiftly usurped by panic. She rushed onto the field, disappearing into the blanket of smoke. Her voice frought with regretful concern,
"Chysa!!!"

“Cool. I’ll be on the bleachers if you need me.” He walker over and sat on the bleachers, grinning as he rolled around his third Pokéball in his fingers. He looked at it and frowned a bit though. Maybe... no... it’d just be a catastrophe like last time. I